/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread Missing link Missing link /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Feb 4] It's... definitely something.. github.com/iDaN5x/Switcheroo
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for Nvidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 8] kgsws has released a homebrew launcher UI, which is compatible with Pegaswitch and therefore 3.0.0 only. wololo.net/2018/01/08/nintendo-switch-kgsws-releases-homebrew-launcher-gui/
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console

>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/

>PS4
[Feb 4] HABBEDING ALERT - FW 5.0 IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/comments/7v8p8q/volodymyr_pikhur_recon_2018_presentation_fw50/
[Jan 8] Flatz has published a writeup wololo.net/2018/01/08/flatz-writeup-ps4-package-files-open-console-convenient-native-homebrews-piracy/

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/874474
romhacking.net/hacks/3784/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wish I bought a n3ds XL with IPS back when those were a thing lads

I mean, mainly the Zelda editions got them the most consistently. I've seen them go for as little as $184 on eBay.

>December news

These are desperate times for kickass.

5.x coming TODAY
Mark my words!

please

Vita 3.65 soon

Not soon enough, my friend.

The people who watch blacked are alt-right meme boys longing for forbidden fruit.

5.01 - 5.03
Release it now you fucking cocksuckers

>PS4 registry editor
does this mean you can toggle O/X swap on burger consoles?

majoras mask n3ds?

Used handhelds are so fucking gross though, I don't like used things in general, but especially buying a nintendo handheld from some disgusting autist terrifies me.

I just bought a used switch and aside froms scratches it was fine.
I buy used everything, it's so much cheaper.

>someone made fun of soyboys!
>i HAVE to out myself and make it a political argument!
Sure thing, cuck.

He's right though. Why do you think blacked viral their shit on Veeky Forums so much? It's because it works.

Anyone else having Anemone crashing quite often?

hyrule

Switch piracy when
3.61+ when
What do I need to learn to make these things happen because the cocksuckers are keeping them to themselves

5 hours
and
C, Assembly, Electronic Engineering

PS3 3xxx/4xxx exploit when?

The wait is killing me

to be fair, blacked videos are hot as fuck, in a zoophilia kind of way

WTF is going on, I got a sd2vita 3.0 and it doesnt work on my fat vita, it transfers at around 200kbps and installs at lower speeds, just to give me an error when the game finishes the installation
But it works like a charm on my vita lite, anyone has experienced the same on old vitas?

>soon
I hope not, retards that updated dont deserve to join the scene

The point is more about people with hacked Vitas being able to play games released within the last 2 years.

>to be fair, blacked videos are hot as fuck
Dumb sissy white boi.

>Vita 3.65 soon
Vita 3.67 when?

Literally never ever.

blacked are trash for contracting kendra sunderland for a billion videos

nigga give her to bangbros or someshit and let her do some fetish shit FUCK

Can someone explain how to use mod menus on my CFW ps3? Eboots or something? Where can I find those? Then just use psnpatch?

Thanks for keeping up the good fight brother

Stop giving him attention.

Today is the day

That FBI is way old

Ps4 has no games anyway

Do I really need a 64GB SD for my 32GB Wii U? I have an empty 32GB SD I bought for my N3DS before I realized it uses microSD.

what about monhun?

Vita 3.61+ never ever. FUCK.

32MB SD card is all you really need for a Wii U.

It depends. Do you want to play a lot of games not deleting any of them? Then yes, you need a 64GB SD.
If not, then 32GB is all you need, it's not like the WiiU has a lot of good games anyways.

I remember reading in the guide that I need double the Wii U's space.

>32MB SD
Good luck finding one of those anymore.

That was a pretty shit guide then.

I have one in my very first digital camera still.

Literally NEVER EVER.

Could someone help with some advice ? I just don´t know what to do anymore. Anything .cia i try to install in fbi gets error Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106). I just don´t understand why, it worked fine some months ago. Remote install works, installing uptade and dlc works, freeshop works, etc. Just .cia i download from net, doesn´t.

That error usually happens when the CIA is corrupted. Try a new sdcard.

You think ? I tried downloading same game from different sources. Same thing happened. So now what, do i have to buy new sd and copy everything into it ? You think that will work ? Anyway thanks.

Love my 4.05 PS4

Too many games to play now

Update FBI first.

I wanna suck her dick

Is 11.6 safe via magnethax? I thought you had to use DSi-ware exploit since the guide says "All Versions" Hack is not for 11.6

Also, Im running Freeshop version 2.2 at the moment. How do i update to the latest? Do i just install the newest CIA or something?

Bloodborne, .. uhh

Well does it happens with other CIAs too? Your second post implies it's the same game, maybe it's a bad download (you know those cheesy blogs/forums tend to upload shit to cancer file hosts. Usually malfunctioning SDs fuck with any install though, but I could see only CIA installs failing as they use more of the SD and do more steps so they have more room for fail. Can you install that particular CIA through remote install though (Boop/local http server)?

It would be better if you have a random SD to try though before buying a new one. If even random small CIAs are failing to install, you can test with any random SD (although you'll need to inject FBI into H&S again or access it from Rosalina's Homebrew Launcher on a fresh SD).

And yeah upgrading SD is just moving all content from one to another.

All versions is all versions, retard

Did that.
I just don´t know anymore. I think i may have fucked something up during installation as i had Gateway before. I guess i will play with everything again.

Then why does the guide say

DSiWare for 11.6

>"All Versions" Hack is not for 11.6
>All Versions
>not for 11.6
>All
>Versions
you gotta be fucking kidding.

Because you can use DSiWare for 11.6. Who'da thought that?

We page 10 now?

notice how this tech support general is dead when the american kids are at school

So you frequent a general you consider "for kids". Not really a reason to act smug.
get a job

Stop ;__;

Was thinking about picking up a PS3 to hack. Can slims have other consoles stacked on top or are they too rounded? I don't have much more space and hoping to put it under my PS2 and PS1

All PS3s have a convex top.
If horizontal space is an issue, place them vertically.
A fat PS2 can do it without any issues, a slim PS3 might need some tiny amount of support and for the PS1, you're basically fucked.

Damn. I guess I'll have to look into getting something to go over the PS3 that the PS2&1 can go on top of.

Put the PS3 ontop of the PS2. You don't need a PS1 with a PS3 anyway.

Open the nintendo theme ahop once, after that it should work.

I had the same problem when i had a new 3ds with cfw

well its kinda new since i updated anemone but i will try

>literally no yokai watch 1 undubs (usa) floating around anywhere
what the heck /hbg/

Having to reset the router when snickerstream decides to stop working (which is a lot) is suffering.
I guess free is free but fuck all of these shitty options with no well documented guide.

>5.5.1 Wii U
Should I update to 5.5.2 in order to use haxchi? The pastebin line about the brick chance on coldboot haxchi worries me.

>undub
theres your problem

nope still getting it

Set one of the default system themes and try again

Doesn’t this shit stop if you just disable exception handlers from the autistic Luma config?

>small n3ds
my nigga

There was an undub torrent some time ago, did you check that? I got all my games from there if I'm not mistaken.

I gotta dual IPS small and love it more than my IPS XL

it works sometimes it's kinda weird

will try

its a beauty

If you already have, or can get the required DS game, there's no need to update. And should you ever need to use a browser exploit, it's much more stable on 5.5.1.

This may sounds stupid, but is there any way to be sure if i have CFW (luma) installed correctly ?

Press select on boot

Yes that seems ok. Then i am really out of options. Even the simpliest one. Anybody have any idea why can´t i install undub .cias ?

Is now the time to buy a Switch, or is it too late and everything they're selling now is on too high of a firmware?

I have a cfw o3ds xl with a micro sd and planning on upgrading to a new 3ds xl. The only thing I have to do is the system transfer for the nnid and just put the old micro sd into the new 3ds right? Do all the games and saves transfer too without having to reinstall/redownload?

well thanks for the suggestion but I'm not finding it anywhere.

Normally I'd agree but actually for every 3DS that was treated like shit there's one that was taken pretty good care of. I even managed to buy an untouched Galaxy 3DS with dual IPS for close to $230

Oh, the one in the pastebin is down. Check if the game here works.
nyaa.si/view/874474

romhacking.net/hacks/3784/

How is something like this done? It would be a fun side project to color a GB game.

>Buy second hand Wii U
>Log into eShop to buy Brain Age (Brain Training Dr. Kawashima in my country)
>Free download

You're in the wrong thread.

theres a getting started page on the same site

I thought this was a general game hacking thread also not just console hacking

Radiant Historia on freeshop when

Yes but this one takes a GB tome and makes it into a GBC rom

download it from 3ds iso,it the undub works

Not sure why you thought that unless you didn't bother reading the OP.