teamfortress.com/post.php?id=35830

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf | teamfortress.tv/33738
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Sites
crap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Skins: p337.info/tfview

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ
pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
FACEIT (NA/EU): faceit.com
ESEA (NA): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
OZFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (AS): asiafortress.com
FBTF (SA): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>List of good Community servers
teamfortress.tv/servers

>Discord
pottisdefenseforce.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FFI7q199mdk
teamfortress.tv/46144/esea-s27-w4-froyotech-vs-velocity-esports
teamfortress.tv/33738/ive-updated-some-huds
youtube.com/watch?v=fKJDAVvs_JA
teamfortress.tv/stream/essentialstf
teamfortress.tv/stream/kritzkast
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for pyros are made for rake

This man stands between you and the final control point. How fucked are you?

>he thinks hitscan takes skill

Damn mondays

youtube.com/watch?v=FFI7q199mdk

Have we reached peak SFM Kino with this?

If not, post your favorite SFM movies since we all know that Team Fortress 2 cartoon is probably never going to happen.

post (a) template(s)

here's a schematic for ya, my ass!

Alrighty then!
erectin an ass

Spoonfeed me. How do I actually get into competitive TF2? I know it's pompous and faggy to boast about my skills when all I'll have to show you for it are screenshots were I'm the end of round mvp with 50 points when the next guy is only at 20-something points, but take my word on it that I'm pretty good at TF2 and can play all classes at a high level.

Competitive TF2 isn't hard to get into at all. UGC rosters aren't locked yet, so you may be able to get on a team, otherwise I recommend playing dm and mge in between tf2cancer lobbies. Faceit is also launching a TF2 pro league pretty soon that looks interesting.

go to tf.tv

Reminder that Froyotech is going to roll Velocity tonight at 11 EST! Details here: teamfortress.tv/46144/esea-s27-w4-froyotech-vs-velocity-esports

Reminder, tf2 is no longer in the top 10 games played.

Has there ever been a steam game as big as PUBG before?

anything from anonymoose, really

soldier is the weakest power class and it isn't even funny. his sole use is rocket jumping up to sub-150 health classes and offing them before dying. if you don't win an encounter in 2 rockets you get shredded by everything. if i want to hide around corners and take potshots from mid range indefinitely i'll play fucking demoman.

>only 4 shots
>shoots barely once a second
>has to reload conatantly
>slow moving projectiles
>insane splash falloff. if the target has any idea how to circumvent the slow projectile (i.e. anyone who has played more than 100 hours) you're lucky to do 60 damage.
>based entirely around burst damage and can do literal jack shit against overhealed targets since the extra health acts as a buffer and turns would-be 2 shot kills into 3-4 shot kills
>has rocket jumping but has to give up shotgun to use them reliably leaving you with only the worst primary weapon in the game
>has decent health but takes self damage constantly
>slow as heavy walking speed
>any opponent with highground has an incredibly easy time dodging rockets from below and if you rocket jump up to them you place yourself at a health and ammo disadvantage and will get shot down by anything
>hard countered by scout heavy and pyro

fucking garbage basically. only soldier worth playing is direct hit soldier.

delet

>tf2 will die in your lifetime

why live bros

MAKE IT STOP YOU GAYS. WORK YOUR GAY MAGIC
I WON'T LET TF2 DIE

Is engineer actually the strongest tf2 character? I mean he can pick up 900lbs of precision machined steel over pooters 300lbs smolgun.
Truley the most overpowered character right now.

depends on how heavy the brass beast is. heavy can technically run at 100% speed while holding it when GRU is active while engineer's speed is burdened by carrying buildings. there's also comic feats maybe but i don't rememember.

Haven't played in a couple years, but out of the blue around half a dozen randoms have added me asking if they can buy my Searing Plasma Killers Kabuto. Did something happen?

Getting good at demo has ruined every other class for me.

Having stock stickies or a stickyjumper puts you at an advantage in pretty much every encounter than you mentally prepare yourself for

stickies are for retards who can't trimp and hit 100% pipes

fix me

*fixes you*

what's the problem?

The Back Scatter
Level 1-100 Scattergun
Mini-crits targets when fired at their back from any range
+40% more accurate
-30% damage penalty when attacking from the front
No random critical hits

>All frontal attacks
>-25% damage vs Players

>All back attacks (any range)
>+25% damage vs Players

>six shots
>no penalty to accuracy
>can random crit

I donno, probably OP. I don't use the Backscatter as it exists now because sneaking up on an unsuspecting player from behind is going to mean death for them regardless

>Back Scatter
>Only gives mini-crits at a certain range at the cost of no random crits, 20% less accuracy and a 34% smaller clip size
>Need to aim to do good damage

>Backburner
>Gives full crits at the cost of expensive airblast, still gets random crits
>No aim required

back scatter
+it's a knife reskin

+on use switches the backscatter from your inventory into a randomly renamed,unique stock scattergun
-

>me no like pomson or mini sentries

i think dota2 was bigger at one point

>finish hightower defenses contract through some act of God
>oh wait you have to end the match for it count
>proceed to be the ONLY person trying to cap for 30 minutes
>manage to do it once but there's a second round for some fucking reason
>get it to the platform again
>30 minutes pass
>power flickers and pc shuts off

fire webm homie

>"i dont know how contracts work" the post
you will still have completed the contract since you finished a round. so its your own fault that you stuck around for the second round

I prefer Fists and Holiday Punch over Heavy's other melee options. I use Fists of Steel situationally during offense on Payload maps, so I can dance around the cart with them up and be far less likely to be headshot killed, but I like how dependable Fists can be in a pinch and "POW! HA HA" kills are great. You'd be surprised how often I get them when the gates open at the start of a round.

for like 7/9 classes the crit from stock fists would flat out kill them any way my dude

im tired of my own hud
so post huds so i can steal

i currently use ahud

stock minimum hud

what i do is copy paste the list of latest updated huds in notepad++ and go to random.org to get a random number to choose
teamfortress.tv/33738/ive-updated-some-huds

this is why you shouldn't disable weapon viewmodels

the only reason i disable viewmodels on heavy is that the minigun muzzle covers the crosshair area, anyone know a fix for that?

>1/9 classes use fire as their main weapon
>vacc has fire resistance
whats the point? besides flamethrowers reduce shield resist and block healing so its not even a good fire resistance anymore

Your top three personal cosmetics go

to make it harder to switch to bullet when you need it

i have a black hat that i like
i also have a choker that i wear on weekends sometimes

1. Bills hat
2. why bother having other cosmetics
3. the antartic cosmetics are cool too tho

Marxmann
Guibus
Mercenary badge (bronze)

Gibus
Pyrovision goggles
Mercenary badge

Mask of the Shaman, Ground Control, Snow Sleeves

Yiff hood
Flair!
Photo badge

Back Scatter is still infinitely better because it's on Scout

Archimedes
Attendant
Brown Bomber

Honorable mention to Max's Severed Head

can you overwrite a photo badge that already has decal on it with something else?

Prolly not until you restore the badge first. Which isn't even a hassle worth bitching about. Takes like 5 seconds to do

1. Cheaters lament
2. Proof of purchase
3. Grizzled Vet Badge
Yes, I'm ol'fag, I just prefer veteran status to weird random stuff

I have to agree that soldier requires way more coordination to use effectively, but I think your understating the class as a whole. Soldier is still effective at controlling space and rocket jumping can be there fastest way around in the game. Not to mention if your squad is very supportive banners become very playable options on either end. The main downside to the soldier is that you need at least one other guy to help funnel targets into your kill box. Bring the second best power class to demo isn't bad, demo is just a solo beast.

crafty hair
cigar
graybanns

I haven’t played TF2 since 2011 but I just built a new PC, is it worth getting back into?

it always is
pyros are cancer tho

only scrubs whine about pyro, 99% of pyros you encounter don't even use airblast. it's the 1% of pyros, that you're almost never likely to encounter, who utilize airblasting and their secondary that you should be afraid of. for your typical W+M1 pyro, just shoot them.

>heavies that complain about w+m1

Lone survivor
Level three chin
Bill's hat

Shit is nice

Liberty launcher + Reserve Shooter + Market gardener is actually really fun and viable now.

as long as you don't try to kill anything with the liberty launcher

it really isn't that bad considering the extra rocket, plus you have the shooter to finish people off

using secondary or airblast as pyro basically means instant death if you get caught by another pyro and 99% of the time fire is more effective anyway. that's why nobody tries anymore, playing like a retard is LITERALLY more effective. you don't even have to angle or lead flames anymore, or move in a certain way so they hit / you don't get hit by them. you can just walk toward people and strafe in unconventional ways which makes you impossible to hit, and there's no penalty for it since your flames hit 110% of the time wherever you aim. there is no grit to pyro anymore. it's less fun to play as and against.

I AM CREDIT CARD

CHARGE ME

(Voice): No!

>thanks for the aids
wow valve, a pozzer reference? really?

If you play:
>Pyro
>Demoman
>Heavy
>Engineer
You are a lowtest noskill soyboy

what voiceline is that again?
isn't it supposed to be scout's?

ok what do I get?

that's a soldier line soyim

It's way better balanced than it has been since vanilla, but there are optimal loadouts for given situations and sometimes even classes, and the micro bullshit is pretty in your face, but honestly, it's just as good as it used to be. Don't be surprised however if you find yourself bored to death because fundimentally it's the same game as before.

(Voice): Spy!

>spy is literally 1 letter away from soy

>Sniper is literally one letter away from Swiper

this is your brain on memes don't do memes
stay in 2 fort

it's accurate because snipers ruin games

>x 2 to a wall
>that spy is not one of ours

>you get called out for hacking in chat

>Spy blatantly uncloaks behind you
>Spy uncloaks in your peripheral vision
>Spy runs out of cloak while moving
>You kill them
>Get called a hacker

>Sniping
>See heavy pepper a cloaked spy
>Shoot where you think he'll be
>Headshot
>*DEAD*Spyguy: ns

Polar parka
Viking hat
Allfather

stereoscopic shades
macho mann
liquidator's lid

redpill me on soldier

Marxmann
Macho mann
Soldier stoogie

who the fuck thought ultiduo would be a good idea ?
it's not entertaining
it's the same jumps/counter shit over and over again
fights last 10 seconds
it's bad

youtube.com/watch?v=fKJDAVvs_JA

Easy to pickup
Less easy to master

Easiest class, most mobile, reliable damage, literally like 90% of people who play have soldier in their top 3 of most hours played.

teamfortress.tv/stream/essentialstf
Ultiduo which I think is over now? I'm not sure.

teamfortress.tv/stream/kritzkast
UGC EU Plat >Highlander.