/arena/ - Arena FPS General

wtf don't die on me while I'm posting edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Champions, Quake Champions, Quake Champions, Quake Champions, etc.

Q:C News: New patch released, includes capsule-shaped hitboxes and hitreg fixes. Anarkids on suicide watch. Crashes still happen.

Patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

Last thread >Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SSNNhUAVRuA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm (embed)

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ad67YQZ-30A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>don't die on me
2late

Just remember to type 'gg' before you type 'faggot' when you lose. And never blame your teammates, if you lose in TDM/sac and think you didn't deserve to lose, you're wrong, you could have avoided the whole thing by not q-ing for TDM/sac

glhf is not mandatory and it's okay to not say or respond to glhf, as glhf or gb hf are reserved to genuine positive feelings of goodwill. Never say gg as the winner unless the loser says gg first, but if it was an close and intense game an honest gfg first as a winner is acceptable because the loser may appreciate it in a few moments after the feeling of losing a close one smooths out. Any amount of "shit-eating faggot" and "I will kill your family" sandwiched between a glhf and gg will be tolerated. However any '??? wtf saber' and 'shit game' while in-game is not, the guy beating you is playing the same shit game as you are- it's the difference between passionately expressing yourself in the heat of competition and being a crying baby. You can cry here or reddit or official forums or in global chat instead. Really.

Shitposting in threads and discords for entertainment value is acceptable, as long as one is equally mature and adult in voice and in person. Most importantly, if you're going to shit-talk someone, you have to actually accept the consequence of a duel challenge. Whoever loses, as long as you show one fraction of grace in defeat ie. "ok" and don't shit-talk the winner, you'll still have some respect. Duel dodgers will always be ostracized.

i never use chat in multiplayer games

>q-ing
The word is queuing.

there's no reason to type queue over q

then there's no reason to type gg over faggot

>got my first damage dealer today
>in tdm
feels good but at the same time I've had plenty matches where summary said >5k xp, I wonder why it decided to award it this time

losers who think CTF is more important than 2v2 are the same dead-horse fuckers who think 2000 era server browsers work for modern games

I just checked, I have 544 damage dealer medals

>match ends
>returned to lobby
>accept rematch? y/n
>y
>all lights lit
>pillars
>4v1
>returned to menu
>matchmaking penalty
nice

drunk russian coding for cheap

creating a game where you literally spawn in front of people prepared to shoot you directly with a RL means you are a failure as a game developer

Does anyone else think making the Tri-Bolts proximity mines like they've talked about is a bad idea? Wouldn't it just be like the current Galena totem throw cancer we already have but a thousand times worse because you could spam it and everyone will have access to it?

t. ffaggot

the game is missing a weapon. they need to do something

>youtube.com/watch?v=ad67YQZ-30A
Even if game would fail, I think it will be already memorized.

My sensitivity is 1.2 with 800 dpi
Is that low enough?

With current power of RL and NG I would suggest to raise it to at least 1.8 for quick and snappy mouse movements. I suppose you aren't using mousepad with that sens. Also I can't imagine how are you strafejumping with it.

i have a huge 2 foot wide mousepad that covers my entire desk

typing GG slightly before the game ends is my favorite way of bm/ blaming my team

in that case, eh - go with 1.2 if you can handle both RL and NG with this.

that doesnt look like slosh

>lights 95% of the time
opinion discarded

this. corner charging as a light and blind siding somebody in an FFA/TDM can look flashy, but it's not any showcase of skill.

Projectiles need to be lagged. Prediction projectiles is just cancer.

That would also nerf dire orb

I hear someone say that framerate is tied to movement? How true is this?

its tied to the crouch+jump accel

it's actually tied to all hold W acceleration in the game, bunny hop, clutch, scale, etc. It might be tied to other parts of acceleration but that's not as easy to verify.

Quake Champions treats its own players like shit. I don't want new people to play the game, because they'll hate it.

>nyxshit and anarshit
>not one but MULTIPLE kills against all-default Rangers with machineguns that they thought were frag video worthy

hmmmm

Can't wait for the Dragonborn champion, using my FUS RO DAH

It's time to face reality, gramps.

>I'm all about Quake. I love Quake.
>:makes Overwatch clone:

QC is actually really good, Russia codes well

why dont you face

my ass

post your roster

none because Im not a pleb who cares about cosmetics

t. picmip 8 640x480 fullbright keels without simplified items

with*

SHOCKING development: Quake Champions is castled. Quick ,everyone play QUAKE LIVE with it's thousands of players.

King side or queen side?

>tfw Tim doesn't make more Quake hats
>tfw there is no shambler plushie

I guarantee that this thread is full of people under the age of 25 that get off to the idea of people on the internet "respecting" them for thinking they are epic oldfags that played quake

kill yourselves

>tfw no Hunter body pillow
at 1:1 scale so it's as long as the bed itself

i usually get off to titties, asses, and sometimes girls with dicks, actually
if i got off to the idea of people 'respecting' me i sure as fuck wouldn't spend years of my life shitposting on an anonymous chilean underwater basketweaving debate stand

what if hunter comes out and she's ugly and not fun

>QC will die before we ever get Hunter
it's not fair my d00d

Then we fucking riot, what do you think? Looks-wise we just have to hope whoever remakes her is the same person/people that did Ranger, Visor, Keel and Sorlag, and not the one who did Anarki and Slash.

>rapha telling sqztoy to do placements so he can spectate
THIS SHIP IS HAPPENING, BOYS

sorry to break your heart sqztoy but rapha is already spoken for...

>implying i'm sqzthot
i wish, also you lie

Welp, better convince the lucky guy to consider being a cuckold...

This is ranger's ride. Say something nice about it.

couldn't spawn server maps/ride.bsp

that's pretty fucking cool
how fast does that cow go?

what the fuck is that

about thirty HUH

QC will have this

Lizard-licks-a-lot makin' you hot

>call it arena FPS general
>people only discuss QC
Reported for false advertising.

on the other hand I must say this video does show the addictive fun side of quake. if noobs could experience a fraction of these airbornes and such they would stay and play

Why they went with more generic design instead of this?

That's just a color-shifted UT99 Necris girl.

disgusting lips and nose

she looks like sqzthot but not a womanlet

Probably because that's the bitch from Destiny

I can't believe my little Ranger can be this anime!

Does gb hf really mean 'god bless, have faith'?

the gb is god bless for sure, hf is probably just have fun like glhf but we don't know for sure
anyone else fap to thoughts of sqzthick corrupting rapha's pure innocent christian heart

Nyx on the concept art looks literally like otherworldy human (you know... diffrent world, diffrent timeline and stuff; similarly to your Destiny art). That's why I'm adoring the concept art.

REEEE!!!!! DON'T LEWD RAPHA WITH THAT ASIAN THOT.

i like it. hope we get this skin eventually.

man that don't even bother me. she's one of the best waifus in UT, if not the best.

Rapha is pure, his whole skill comes not from years of training and self-discipline but from the god's blessing itself. Protect his purity, do not spoil it!

>So this is the power of the Slipgate, huh?... Not bad, not bad at all...

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

because someone very uncreative was in charge and puked out babby's first waifu

TWIST
rapha+sqzthicc shilling is actually a ploy by sqzthicc herself to cover intense levels of taco chasing lesbianism

i'm not sqzthot, i'm not even the other user that's in her discord or w/e
i just want to see some love come from this trainwreck of a game that isn't me crying and masturbating to slash for the 300th time

When's CTF?

after instagib and ranked 2v2

hUH

What I don't get is why people refer to reduced rocket speed as a 'nerf'. It'd still have the same damage potential, same fire rate, same ammo reserve, same knockback, in short: it's just as strong. The only difference would be that it's not as easy to use anymore since it'd require more prediction and thus reward skill more than before.

IS OF GOOD CODE AXAXAXAXA

>in short: it's just as strong. The only difference would be that it's not as easy to use anymore
Hence a nerf? Nerfing is not just reducing the damage value. A speed down is also a nerf

so they could sell skins and attachments

version we got now looks a lot more marketable

this game won't be marketable until the girls have cute exposed tummies

>wsw developers are retards
lol

>shit
slash, scarborough, anarki, sorlag
>ok
clutch, doomguy, galena
>cute
nyx
>decent
keel, bj, ranger
>perfect
visor
mine are basics with some shitty shaders so eh

damn, she actually looks hot

>selfie angle
>flashing tits
no

Wait, when did squeeze flash her big titties?
I wanna see squeeze's tits.

thats whats how tho?..

never, so far as i know, which is a cryin' shame
i'd buy her a pizza for it

clothed>unclothed tits

why not both