/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0hV2ZxD_lHs
youtube.com/watch?v=J9LW1k5phW4
youtube.com/watch?v=CHwTkzsm7IA
youtube.com/watch?v=vpwJGw8-BUw
youtube.com/watch?v=xz2LnsnxP9k
youtube.com/watch?v=bGf4Z0zYyo4
youtube.com/watch?v=RdVYcAdQu0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=-wHb5_NBWmE
youtube.com/watch?v=BBt7gwY6GZU
youtube.com/watch?v=KwKm9u6digI
youtube.com/watch?v=6WpYp9t42Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=jdGHYHSnhFU
youtube.com/watch?v=XC-qQOK7_yQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rn1HhckLUGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Valfalk in World

Crash course time
1. Lock onto the monster so you don't have to manually adjust the camera (body is best choice since head movement is erratic and will annoy you)
2. Fire your bugs at it
3. vault into the air
4. Use spinning advance slash towards monster getting at least one hit on it
5. Repeat step 4 until either the monster has moved too far to hit (at which point use the jump button then hit SAS) or you need to drop to the ground to replenish stamina
Also shoot bugs whenever you can, the buffs you get are nice and the dust is easy to detonate while in the air (or even letting teammates pop them)

>nerg is the only elder dragon I can consistently kill
>never get a tempered investigation for him, but shit I always struggle with like teo

Desire sensor is just a meme right?

>tfw all the retards still going to the consolewarring thread

>All these literal whos

whats the best way to deal with the bat bitch when he puffs up? i know flashpods are pretty good but i want to save those for when he tries to flee. i didnt cart to him but the fight was annoying as heck my first time

reminder that elementless only beats out elements on weapons where element and raw is a toss up like ls and sa. it's still not as good as elements on weapons that hit a million times per second like bow and db

Prove it, evidence isn't in your favor

Trying to get a good Lance armor set going. Have no idea which one to grind for

What the actual fuck is this discord level of circlejerk post? Go back to ribbit.

This is why generals with discords are fucking gay

anyone hosting tempered farming lobby

HUNTRESS TUMMY

YUMMY YUMMY

Why the heck can't I complete the limited bounty? It's telling me I have 3/4 Rathalos kills, but I just did 2 Rathalos optional quests and it hasn't changed

Give me my Catlolis.

>need like 4 wyvern gems
>double diablos, barroth investigation
>take my time cutting all their tails and capping
>not a single fucking gem

Is there a way to make time go by faster in game?
This Gajalaka quest is annoying; the first time I couldn't get in the hole for some reason

Have any autists tested elementless lance vs matching elements cause just by numbers I see element is always better.
Can't really test on the training pole cause different resistances.

Please someone tell me i can get Earplug decorations from the triple mon event quest. I spent the whole day yesterday and raged quit after i got my 50th poison resist gem.

STOP LINKING NEW FUCKING GENERALS HOLY SHIT

I summon Arena Bros
67bmaB8PyHsA

Thread already exists.

i got one today, so yeah.

I haven't used the bug stick since 4U. What are the new things it has in World? I see some people in multiplayer using it and they've got their kinsect buzzing on the monster's face the whole time and making some kind of bug clouds. I'm working on my hammer and gunlance sets right now but after that I'll mess with the bug stick.

Are there any /comfy/ hunting rooms up?

How is this still allowed? Do MODS even exist on Veeky Forums? Why hasn't anyone taken this up to /qa/?
Or are mobile posters too strong with their unlimited unbanned IP ranges?

>/mhwg/

Stop trying to make mhwg happen, user. It's not going to happen.

dude please just stop

travel when it starts to get dark in the hub area, you should arrive at night, or just wait it out in an expedition

You up for some Azure Rathalos?
Keep in mind i just got into HR

>/mhwg/

no, fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=0hV2ZxD_lHs
youtube.com/watch?v=J9LW1k5phW4
youtube.com/watch?v=CHwTkzsm7IA
youtube.com/watch?v=vpwJGw8-BUw
youtube.com/watch?v=xz2LnsnxP9k
youtube.com/watch?v=bGf4Z0zYyo4
youtube.com/watch?v=RdVYcAdQu0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=-wHb5_NBWmE
youtube.com/watch?v=BBt7gwY6GZU
youtube.com/watch?v=KwKm9u6digI
youtube.com/watch?v=6WpYp9t42Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=jdGHYHSnhFU
youtube.com/watch?v=XC-qQOK7_yQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rn1HhckLUGM

the only bow runs you'll find using the blos bow are the jumping meme runs and DP pierce builds but those suck anyway and work only on a handful of monsters

It was allowed when Fallout general split into two, it'll be allowed now.

Not whenever there's no difference. Fuck off.

Anyone got Kingdom Come:Deliverance exclusively on the PS4 PRO Entertainment System?Is it fun?

How do I learn LS and DB bros...they're too hard for hammer/SnS brainlets such as myself...

How do I add quests to the Gathering Hub Arena?

You can have 13 flash pods man. 3 pods and 10 flashbugs in your bag. You've got plenty, flash the puffball down.

how is the damage of phials determined? do phial explosions crit?

how about gunlance?

??? one is for the new game, the other is for every game of the series.

now that I have your attention for posting a cutey girl:

what augmentations do you put into a CB?

You're kidding, right?

It's determined by the raw of your weapon.

i thought the more you used flashpods, eventually a monster would become immune? im kinda new to the series

go back to your dead game

>can't think of any funny auto shoutouts
Help me senpaitachi

>Answer an SoS for Vaal (not tempered)
>Host (Jap) carts twice
>Some other dude carts
>All within a span of 5 minutes
H O W

How do people cart to Vaal's attacks? I can understand the acid and effluvium, but goddamn his attacks are the easiest shit in the world to evade.

LS is easy tho

>cutey girl
Hmm'st've.
Affinity augment is strongest because its 10%, then Attack if you have the room.

Yeah I am up for anything. All I need right now is Vaal, Fucium Ore, and $$$$$ so idgaf.

do they crit though?

>this one faggot still putzing around trying to split the community for the sake of his own autism

Just get banned already. Monster Hunter World isn't the sole topic of the Monster Hunter general, ergo it has no business being the title of the general. Nobody cares how hard you try to push it, it's not going to become the norm.

It only ever works because you're so fucking buttblasted you rush to make a new thread early and people are too lazy to make a proper one and just migrate. You can stamp your feet and bitch and moan but the title of the thread is Monster. Hunter. General.

kys

Why is the Jargas GS the best? Because it has 2 3 slot decorations?

What does "TA" mean

Not proof, show me math

plz r8

4u or xx?
Which should I play to tide me over until world G?

I posted this pic. I dont know why Veeky Forums fucked it up.

Ive seen speedrunners using double attack on diablos CB

Tits & Ass

XX is basically 4U but better.

LS is easier and more effective than ever. I only used it in the arena once in World but it seemed pretty good. Use that foresight slash by hitting R2+O during an attack to be invincible and counter. Then hit R2 after the follow up slash for a free spirit level. At red spirit do the R2+triangle helm breaker spirit slash and then get to red again and repeat that. Can't speak for DB. The stupid ass Naruto run it has now pretty much kills that weapon for me. I have not equipped it even once yet in World.

I'm gonna cum inside of this Tobi-Kadachi.

xx

but XX is in moon runes

which mh games have you played before?

They don't become immune but the effect wears off pretty much instantly if you use a whole bunch of them. This doesn't matter for flying though, they'll still fall to the ground the same as if it was the first flash. And when Paolumu is limping away aim in front of its face and wait until it tries to fly to flash it and knock it down then too. This works for any monster that flies when it flees.

Can someone link me to the doujin where a huntress gets tongued by a volvidon? I'm pretty sure it's udon-ya but I can't find it.

fuck off /v/

oh ok thanks playa.

who is this cat

No it's not

There is literally no reason to play 3U or 4U when XX exists.

Nein.

4u has little to no monsters from gen 3 and is bloated by tons of old gen 1-2 monsters and their recolors. Those monsters weren't good then and they aren't good now.
It's also missing some good gen 2 monsters like Narga.

XX has the better roster, so I'd say go with that.

Monster girl hunter when

MH, MHF2/U, MHTri, MHW

>you can patch only on 3DS?
What if I play on a Switch?

webms

>Zorah magnaros hammer
so this is it, this is fun

>destiny doesn't have a general anymore

Wait for CFW next month.

Where does a man farm Wyvern Gems best?

Emulate it on Citra

Thread already exists.

I want to MARRY zinogirl!

it's not, but it's probably top 5

Monster Hunter's very own pikachu. I shit you not.

Bazel keeps one shotting me. I have 269 defense is that too low or do I just need to be more careful? should I just go for nerg and leave bazel for later?

>finish theorycrafting the perfect lance build after like 140h of playtesting every skill in the game
>need to go kill xeno'jiiva 2 or 3 times to finish it off

Wew this is going to be not fun at all

The maps.
The good subspecies.
The shakas.
The nice seaside aesthetic
The underwater

3u is still worth playing.

What is the best?

>the underwater
LOL

>he think he slick...

>links us to a different general

what did he mean by this?

Craft a HBG to farm him, piercing bullets trivialize XJ

Tbh I wish you guys weren't so autistic about thread names. The least you could do is just bump up the that thread to 750 and fuck back off to here

What game should I play as my first MH? I can't play World yet.

You should totally tell everyone so your fellow Lance bros can improve life

>Making monsters easier by using the right skills, traps, flash bombs and more is the smart thing to do. Earplugs for example prevents you from getting combo'd, doesn't interrupt your shit and instead gives you free hits and easier access to various bodyparts, like tails. You telling me your +attack or affinity shit trumps something like earplugs?

I have no idea how correct this is but I like this philosophy because I'm dead tired of seeing the same Attack Boost gear literally everywhere.

We're not all speed runners who are going for crazy kill times and need perfectly optimized DPS, right? Sometimes things like "your kinscet buffs last longer" or "you can't be stunned by roars" will add up to better damage over a hunt for the average player than pure raw damage.

>roar stun
>wind stun
>tremor stun
>stun stun