/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

godlike99kingz.deviantart.com/art/TEKKEN-7-PC-HUD-No-VS-Ranks-699717476
challonge.com/sleepydodge
youtube.com/watch?v=dsXvwKiJ_oM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>katarina is low tier meme

>steve is low tier meme

Why bother playing dress up instead of playing the game when the dress up options in this game are shit?

but in the pic he's top tier

I love Alisa!

>keep going back and forth on winning/losing
>been stuck on the same rank for two days now
I'm not gonna make it...

What have you learned in those two days?

That I'm bad and want to die.

Friends are shaming because I play high tier character now

I know how much losing stings and how much you want that rank to move up. But what matters more is taking your wins and losses and thinking about what you are doing wrong. For me I had awful movement yesterday and couldn't react to shit but on the bright side I feel my poking was fairly good. I left a bad night knowing I have to apply kbd more (something I'm still working on), mixup a little more, be more patient, implement grabs more, and use jab punishes more.

It's a lot to work on but it gives me goals for when I play tonight.

Is there are mod to remove all infromation about the ranks from the screen?

Play Lili

yeah nigga its called closin yo eyes

why do lili cucks never skip their intro

yea

Who is this supposed to be?

a semen demen

Oh wow. Can you give me a link?

meant for

yes dude I already told you it's CLOSING YOUR EYES

get your replies together

meant for

godlike99kingz.deviantart.com/art/TEKKEN-7-PC-HUD-No-VS-Ranks-699717476

they're bad people

In my experience Katarina and King players are worse about this

is this a mod or dlc?

How do I follow up Lee's counterhit 4? Also any Lee players have any advice?

>Panic moves are bad becausae they are unsafe
So this is how you dishonest retards justify spamming hopkicks and orbitals while maining dishonest cheap characters

confirming off CH 4 is very hard. Generally stick to 44 and take it from there because it's a bit easier. I don't remember the combo for CH 4 (i'm not a Lee main) but I think you pick up with b11f into b2f into ws23 S!.

What kind of advice do you want? What are you having trouble with?

It's how I justify playing safe, good Tekken.

neither

Playing solid =/= following a flowchart and not doing reads

Doing reads isn't just mashing panic moves.

There is no skill throwing a random hopkick or an orbital and praying that it lands and telling yourself that it was a hard read, you are supposed to block that low -12 and punish it, duck the high and launch punish, and KBD after that DF1, panic moves are great because it's allow you to get out of shit situations with almost no down sides by just existing and throwing it once in a match randomly, now he's forced to give up his momentum or plus frames for fear of the panic move everytime you are under pressure

I know, I'm saying panic moves aren't that good and that is why I don't use them much,

Who said anything about mashing panic moves?

What character do you play?

And then one day you lose a match because DJ's u4 crushes your df1, or Claudio's hopkick crushes your jab.

Jack

Of course that happens sometimes but in the long run you learn more and win more by not relying on them.

And i am telling you that panic moves are really good, they really play a part in stopping the pressure just by merely existing, being unsafe doesnt matter because you only need to use them once to condition your opponent to stop constantly pressuring you in a match. That why they are dishonest

Who said anything about relying on them?
Also no shit you dont like them, you dont have any

You don't use panic moves because Jack doesn't really have one or at least no particularly good one, stupid.

f2

no armor moves on jack?

Oh God not this again. F2 is a fucking terrible panic move in most situations and overall is a pretty low tier one.

No crushing properties means you have to beat the other guy's move in speed, which is most of the time not possible when you're in a mixup situation ( like heavy disadvantage ) or in forced crouch, like many plus on block moves do.

U/B+1+2 is a pretty garbage power crush. It's a very slow high, so slow in fact you can actually hit Jack and have enough time to block or even worse duck it and launch him. Also it doesn't power crush until frame 8, dunno how fast other power crushes do but as a Jack player I can say it feels incredibly slow.

I don't use them a lot when playing different characters either. My Asuka is mostly poking and whiff punishing for example, though I guess her cancans is good panic move since it's safe on block.

>a move that gets floated by jabs and mids is a good panic move
At this point I dont think you understand what a panic move is.

Asuka's strength is stealing people's turns. If you are not using the moves that do that, use not abuse, you're playing her suboptimally.

Asuka's cancans are considered one of the best panic buttons in the game what in the fuck are you talking about?

Why even block low anything that's not launch punishable, isn't low parrying always better?

I'm having trouble with being on the offensive. I understand that Lee's best tools are his counterhits but I don't know how to break turtles with him. I'm trying the 4 ch follow up now.

Learn how to do instant slides.

>f2 is bad because it's bad and low tier
nice argument
>no panic move from crouch
guess what, nobody has one

>guess what, nobody has one
what about DJ's u4, Lars' uf3, or Claudios hopkick

There are no turns in Tekken if you use movement well.

Yeah I'm retarded, ch4 can be followed by b11f or b2f.

I can do slides pretty fast, how fast is instant?

If you mistime the parry you eat the damage. Also blocking a low often puts you in the frame advantage so you can then potentially do something better than a parry combo. Then there's the fact if they mixed up and went for a high you will duck under it and launch their ass.

It's dependant on the situation.

dead general keklets

don't listen to this faggot you basically have to d3 them until they start getting bothered by it. Kinda sucks because you're risking the entire round if they block it but there's no way around it if you want them to duck at close range.

he also has very good jab strings and an excellent df1, none of which are bad on block so you can keep going if they don't try to interrupt you. They'll have to press a button eventually if they want to take their turn and that's when you have to read them and throw a CH launcher, or sidestep into df2 or whatever. You're going to be at minus frames with Lee a lot of the time, so you have to learn how to play with that, baiting your opponent into pressing something to get your damage.

post a webm of your slides

TEKGEN WEEKLY

>challonge.com/sleepydodge

Don't dodge ok

F2 has no crushing properties, is a high, is unsafe, can't convert into a float combo, only gets a FF4 follow-up rather than a full launch or combo level damage like the best panic moves, can potentially give up Oki in most situations you use it, and can be parried. It's i10 which is great but in high pressure situations you are going to not use that shit unless you have an assured i10 window because of the risks it brings of being CH. Jack has an extreme weakness to being heavily pressured and it's why he has an awful matchup against Dragunov.

>There are no turns in Tekken if you use movement well.
So you don't know what frame data is? Don't say something so incredibly stupid and ignorant. Movement is able to get you out of many situations but there are also plenty where moving will get your ass hit.

Maybe you'll believe JDCR.
youtube.com/watch?v=dsXvwKiJ_oM

safe mode off alisa best alisa

How do I defeat Gigas b2 aside from "just guess right bro"

the argument that Noctis will be good for Tekken's growth even if we don't like him because he'll bring new players strikes me as doubtful. I feel like the only type of players Noctis will bring is casuals and FF fans that aren't that much into fighting games to begin with and will drop the game after fiddling with story/treasure mode and some local versus buttonmashing with friends. So the only major way Noctis would help Tekken is if the money Namco gets from him would be used for something that the more dedicated Tekken players would want - which is possible I guess but the DLC so far not being that impressive I find it unlikely.

Thank you

I'm not near my pc at the moment but I can get a slide off as soon as I crouch, I wouldn't call it instant though.

Casuals have to buy the game before realizing it's too hard though. If Harada gets money then Tekken stays alive.

Not to mention good players using Noctis will attract lots of viewers.

I doubt his addition will even sucker in FF fans, only Tekken players will buy the dlc maybe 1 in every 100 purchases came from an FF only fan

I wish we had gotten the TMNT and Injustice got Noctis. Not that I have anything against Noctis, in fact he looks great, I just wish the TMNT were in a good game and think they would do better in Tekken than a shooting game like Injustice.

yeah it was a weird choice to include the tmnt in a shoot 'em up imo

I just beat Hwoarang for the first time today for three matches straight. It was amazing, like I knew when exactly those lows were coming even though I never labbed him but through getting my ass kicked since launch I was able to instinctively react to them. Praise me.

Good job, user. Were you ducking and launch punishing the high in firecracker?

Yep, it was interesting to see him start backing away when his strings stopped working.

Epic meme friend! If you had actually played Injustice you would have realized that it's much more complex than that. It's a fully fledged third person shooter.

>playing vs my friend
>some rounds play amazing, block or parry every single low, punish everything perfectly
>other rounds look like a complete retard and get hit by literally everything even though i know how to deal with it
why does this happen

According to /tekgen/ this man is the strongest character in the game

>evasive panic moves
>orbital(best move in the game)
>unseeable low launcher

Yeah there's something magical the first time you play against a Hwo and everything just clicks. You realize how powerful ducking is against them and you can see the panic they have when their tricks are perfectly countered. It's euphoric.

Actually Shmups have more depth so your correction that it's a third person shooter is accurate.

>>evasive panic moves
his uf3 is mediocre, barely crushes shit.
>>orbital(best move in the game)
It's the worst one. It still gets hit by some lows and moves him forward instead of keeping him in place like Bryan's orbital.
>>unseeable low launcher
what?

>See fellow bad player struggling against a move or breaking throws
>Stop doing that move because i cant bring myself to abuse his lack of knowledge
>DM another bad fellow player, winning like 6 games totally destroying him without dropping rounds
>feel the need to start playing bad or even throw acouple of rounds so he doesnt get discouraged
Why i cant be ruthless, the other day i even let a GM win against me out of pity

Remember that pitying them will be worse for them in the long run

>his uf3 is mediocre, barely crushes shit.
doesn't matter it's evasive and a panic move
>It's the worst one.
still an orbital basically a safe hopkick so it's broken
>what?
db4 launches on ch buddy we are all mashers in tekgen so it's a launch 100% of the time

Hopkicks are 15 frames, Lars' orbital is 27 frames.
>on ch
dont talk to me again

Only Lars players say that he's the strongest and they say that at the same time that he's also the single worst character in the game and also the most honest. Basically Lars players are bitches.

>doesn't matter that it's not evasive, it's evasive!
???

yes listen to the blue rank aris drone

if you guys haven't realized by now I'm memeing
>Only Lars players say that he's the strongest
no Lars player has ever said this

You are shit at it

>we are all mashers in tekgen so it's a launch 100% of the time
come on dude

epic, simply epic.

>UF4's your everything

that's not DJ's uf4 in the pic, though that's a great move as well

Isnt it UF4 while holding up

When someone is bad and a clear victory I just steer clear of the cheap stuff and things I'm already confident and just practice what I'm bad at. e.g don't bum rush them and just keep it in neutral.

Morrigan customization

>see bad player can't get off a spam
>keep doing it while laughing my ass off

I'm a terrible person

What, the infamous panic move of which the notation has been repeated about 20 times in this general and the previous one for the past three hours?
That panic move?

It's u4

Why do you match up against bad players?

Because i am a bad player stuck in greens