Imago Simia

Can one accept evolution and believe in the Bible and its teachings?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, but I only follow the New Testament.

That makes you a heretic.

I accept evolution exists but not sure about Evolution Theory
I´m curious about those so-called "evolutionary leaps"

Such as?

Unless you also kill people for mixing cotton and wool, you're not a complete biblical literalist.

The mature thing to do is except that it's called a faith for a reason and except that the physical evidence is likely to contradict some of the bible.

But then I'm a filthy compromiser, like them fag enabling churches.

evolutionary leaps are a phenomenon where evolution happens over a relatively short period with intense selection pressures rather than gradually. There is strong evidence for such incidents. Some evolutionary biologists argue that most evolution actually happens in these leaps.

Im actually not so sure you can accept evolution as a christian, even if you aren't a young earth creation. I think evolution actually undermines God's relationship with man and the basis of even some of God's moral vision as well as obviously the bible's human-centric view of the world.

or sometimes "leaps" is used to describe very sudden changes in microorganisms. Generally something involving horizontal gene transfer

Bump

God created by the evolution. Checkmate.

marcion pls

Darwinism is strawman created by creationists.

My fellow believer

No, that's "Darwinism"
Regular Darwinism is just his theory of evolution via natural selection, nothing more and nothing less.

The Catholic Church's stance amount to "Even if Evolution happened and made man as he is today, it was 100% surely God that made him his soul and thus not contradictory".

Bumping

wow just google m8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution

>denies the Word of God as inerrant
>could lead to denial of Jesus
No thanks, I prefer non-heretical beliefs.

I'm pretty sure that's bullshit. You would have to show me Man's qualitatively different soul because animals are too damn similar and on a continuum with man cognitively. Doesn't fucking make sense to be heavily nested in mammals out of the whole kingdom and be heavily defined in the same way other mammals are and so similar to our closest relatives and then catholic church is like "nope, their souls was made by God" No it fucking wasn't!.

>>Denies the Word of God as inerrant
Where do you see this? Theistic evolution is the conciliation with God and biology.

Yes.

In genesis the universe and animals are formed in the exact order that science describes but with the aid of god

Genetic variation is guided by god, does that work?

how so

no because in genesis god creates birds before anything that lives on the ground including creeping things which you could assume to be insects

>"It's just a metaphor bro."

Bump

What about the ratites?

irrelevant.....

Bump.

>irrelevant
How is that irrelevant?

Genesis 1:20
>And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”
>fly
How does a ratite fly?

don't forget penguins

Genesis puts things in water and birds in air before animals on land. That is not what science says. Ratites are irrelevant to that issue. If a flying bird comes before an insect or amphibian and probably some kinds of reptiles then it is wronggg.

If you've accepted evolution (natural selection, more specifically), then why would you even believe the Bible and its teachings? I mean... You've come this far. Time to face the facts or lack thereof.

*tips*

what is *tip*

I was interjecting the asshole would have replied to my post by alleging I'm a fedora-wearing atheist neckbeard. I admit it's a funny meme, but I like to throw out the inb4.

Also, hello newfriend.

*tips*

This idea that you can't be a Christian and believe in evolution is pure American nutjobbery. It's quite acceptable it most civilised to keep your faith and read the OT allegorically. It's the same shit tier theology as the rapture and all that bullshit. The interweb is polarising people into stances previously only held by zealots and derided in polite company.