I've always wondered, were the Scythians Iranic or Turkic...

I've always wondered, were the Scythians Iranic or Turkic? Their laungage closely resembles that of the turkic ones but persian influence had contrasted the scythians to a large scale.

Anyone care to explain for me? Much appreciated.

What do we know about their language?

From my understanding Turkics going west was the reason for Germanic tribes being pushed into the Roman Empire so Scythians were most likely Iranian.

They are iranic

>Their laungage closely resembles that of the turkic ones

There is literally minimal resemblance

t. turk

Ossetian doeant resemble turkish at all.

they were definitely iranic, even the name scythia, has been explained as coming from the PIE root *skeud- related to the english word shoot, and shit. the original meaning would have been something like 'archers'

>related to the english word shoot, and shit
So Scythians = Sharters?

They're Iranic in every which way. I don't know where you get the idea their language was even close to Turkic.

I'm sorry you found out archery and horseman ship were brought to your people when you were conquered.

Stop your revisionism Turk.

How?

Shitposters

their language resembles nothing of turkish, I don't know where your pulling this from

Ascribed supposed names and places mention by Greco-Roman writers and by Achaenenid Empire are of Indo-Iranian origin. Herodotus' description of Scythian Ares and their practices of worshiping him is very similiar to the God Verethragna described in Avestan texts worshiped by subsequent Iranians. The founder of the Arsacid Empire (Arsaces I) was described by the Greeks and Romans as being a Scythian chief who united Persia and Iranic lands against the Seleucids. It's fair to say they were Iranic.

Satem

They were pretty Iranic in gods and language.

A. Four Sons of Ham:
1. Mizraim (Egypt)
2. Cush (Sudan, Ethiopia)
3. Put (Lybia)
4. Canaan (Hivites, Jebusites, Arvadites, Girgashites, Amorites, Arkites, Sinites, Hittites,
Sidonians, Perizzites, Zemarites)

B. Five Sons of Shem:
1. Elam (Arabia)
2. Asshur (Assyria)
3. Lud (Lydians)
4. Aram (Aramaic, Armenia, Mesopotamia, Syria)
5. Arphaxad (From which Abraham descended)

C. Japheth's Descendants (14 Nations came out of Japheth):
The immediate descendants of Japheth were seven in number, and are represented by the nations designated Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Mesech, and Tiras; or, roughly, the Armenians, Lydians, Medes, Greeks, Tibarenians, and Moschians, the last, Tiras, remaining still obscure. The sons of Gomer (Ashkenaz, Riphath and Togarmah) were all settled in the West Asian tract; while the sons of Javan (Elisah, Tarshish, Kittim and Dodanim or Rodanim) occupied the Mediterranean coast and the adjacent islands.

Seven Sons of Japheth
1. Javan (Greece, Romans, Romance -- French, Italians, Spanish, Portuguese)
2. Magog (Scythians, Slavs, Russians, Bulgarians, Bohemians, Poles, Slovaks, Croatians)
3. Madai (Indians & Iranic: Medes, Persians, Afghans, Kurds)
4. Tubal (South of Black Sea)
5. Tiras (Thracians, Teutons, Germans, Scandinavian, Anglo-Saxon, Jutes)
6. Meshech (Russia)
7. Gomer (Celtic)

It appears they descend from Magog, OP.

>Scythians, Slavs, Russians, Bulgarians, Bohemians, Poles, Slovaks, Croatians

One of those is not like the other.

They were mainly Iranic with a slight bit mix of Turkic in it.

Many Slavs agree that Scythians were Slavic.

>slight bit mix of Turkic
Why the fuck would they have that

They were northern Iranians in culture. Their origin story matches Indo-European stories and from what we know about descending cultures (Sarmatians, Alan's, Ossetians) the Iranian roots seems to be confirmed.

user, I have news for you...

He's saying Bulgarians aren't slavs...

>I'm sorry you found out archery and horseman ship were brought to your people when you were conquered.
You mean when they conquered and assimilated Iranians

Many humans agree that slavs are imbeciles. The scythians are slavs meme was created by poles in the modern age.

>Many humans agree that slavs are imbeciles
Most, you mean

ATTN EVERYONE:

THIS GUY IS A SHITPOSTER. HE KNOWS THE SCYTHIANS WERE IRANIC. HE POSTS THIS THREAD EVERY WEEK.

I KNOW BECAUSE I CTRL+F'D FOR MY OWN SHITPOST I MADE IN HIS LAST THREAD AND IT'S NOT HERE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

>What do we know about their language?

Absolutely fucking nothing. Its all assumptions.
We literally find similar pottery fashion in a few cities around the area, and draw fake borders based on it, and call the place "Scythia" as if it was an entity and as if it was inhabited by the same people.

Its probably just the Slavs before they were pushed further into Europe.

Bohemians don't belong, true.

considering your map says turkic tribes on the top right, and turks are mongoloid im gonna go with iranic