/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Balanced Edition

Last time on /dbfzg/: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
[YouTube] [DBFZ] Optimal universal solo combo route for most chars? (No assists, no SB, midscreen)

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/
youtube.com/watch?v=Va_ip4p_NhA&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for 21 is a shit waifu

new bread fournd

This guy makes everyone mad and now I'm starting to consider him because I can't get a 3rd person down.

how do i play the gay furries team (black/hit/16)

He'll improve pretty much any team

friendly reminder that vegeta assist should only be used during combos/when they're already blocking, otherwise the other person can just deflect/call trunks assist on reaction to the big vegeta face and blow you up

Super is not canon.

Gohan is the strongest non-fused fighter.

>sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/

I finished up the last of the cast and have started updating and optimizing anything out of date. Random tech and videos on setplay/oki and blockstrings are being added as well.

who would be the most aesthetic pick for a third on a trunks/black team?

Watch the gay furry play them and take notes

only makes sub-orange players mad

16 is the one that makes orange players mad

SSGSS Vegeta

I was trying SSB Goku as a 3rd, but I don't like his tackle and his teleport seems a bit slow and I have a feeling I'll be eating 2H. A shame because I like his divekick, and his command grab and his lvl 3 look cool.

exactly

I noticed that pretty much every Trunks player pairs him with at least one Vegeta. Myself included

nobody should ever play this character

I know Teen Gohan is a meme but are there any players / resources out there showing his potential in the corner? I'm used to getting 5k+ BNBs mid screen via Bomb Loops but I'm struggling to get decent damage in the corner while keeping a HK at the end.

Beerus is hella scary if people know how to play him. Think he's A tier?

>Cell gets a hit confirm on me
>Go on a 15s combo roller coaster

Now I remember why I hate anime fighters

I know the early Japanese tier list has him A tier and Sonicfox has him upper A floating around an S for what his opinion is worth.

He's really well rounded with the 1 caveat that he's a little worse than people though he was initially since his Orbs can be Reflected / Super Dashed through.

>15 seconds
Combos drop after 10 seconds

Do really absurd things like that near infinite loop that cell is capable of ever get nerfed in these games? Or do you just have to deal with it and get better?

Why do some Ring Party things have red names?

Cell's loop isn't infinite. He can do it twice. Maybe his damage will be nerfed since with that or a mid-screen assist combo he can do almost 5000 easily, but the combo itself isn't the issue.

Did you know HIT is a bootyeater?!

>implying thats much better

Shits lame, no ones impressed you memorized some combo that anyone can easily do after a bit of training mode.

Oh okay

I presume you're talking about his corner loop? You kind of just have to get used to it - though really broken stuff tends to be toned down eventually. At any rate a really long winded combo is not explicitly better than another - the key points are damage, if it combos into a super / UHC, and if it ends you in a HK state for OKI.

You can also always remind yourself that really long combos are actually forced to end at some point - as the tech window gets bigger and bigger and eventually combos just drop automatically.

Why are you a fucking light green then?
Do you know anything about fighting games?
Holy fuck Im losing CI just by reading you.

>Orbs can be Reflected / Super Dashed through
Yes but on the other hand if the opponent is just going to try and superdash through, they can eat a 2H. Good Beerus players won't just throw balls out and not look to bait a dash.

Beerus is filthy. He only gets a pass because you need a brain to use him.

Oh of course not - it's just that initially the community thought Beerus was S tier minimum but once the flaws in his orb system became apparent he's settled down into a middling place with most of the cast outside the upper tiers (Cell, 16, A Gohan, Black etc.) and lower tiers (Ginyu, Krillin, Nappa, probably T Gohan etc.)

I treat Dragon Ball Super like a less interesting Dragon Ball GT, because it definitely is. Super feels really, really desperate at times. GT may have fucked up pretty much everything they tried to do, but at least they didn't go a spree of full-on character assassination for nostalgia wank.

Orbs should stay on block. I think that would be balanced. Having them unable to be dashed through would be too potent and everyone would use him just to combat superdash meta.

removing or at least dramatically increasing the time limit on stray orbs probably wouldn't hurt either

That's an interesting concept, though it may make his 6 orb summon a little overwhelming in a corner pressure situation, maybe if they had 2 ticks on block before disappearing? Idk.

Where can I find beerus bnb's?

Can confirm

youtube or sonicfox earlier matches

The practice room

why is goku black so good?

He doesn't even seem that good. Just easy to use and no glaring weaknesses

good assist

is it me or is ssgoku better than black?
I really don't see all the hoopla around black, all his shit is easy to punish

how long until he is nerfed?

never if arcsys can make their own decisions instead of listening to noobs' knee jerk reactions

When?
youtube.com/watch?v=Va_ip4p_NhA&t

More like fucking WHEN?!

He is good, he's just one of those characters with a whole bunch of shit going for them.

In fact, he'd probably be average if not above average with his normals alone seeing how stupid shit like his 2H is, but he's also got a bunch of other shit too.

Has a beam + beam assist which fits on almost any team, a level 1 super that hits anywhere on screen for DHCs and then his various IT moves for options and corner pressure.

Is dark green better then light green?

Not to mention his dive kick and his dash special

>mfw a month after release
>people still think black is OP

No. Light greens are supposed to be better

>Black shills still trying to downplay a legitimately powerful and well-rounded character who has tools most of the cast would kill for.

You'd think Black players would have a little pride that their character is considered good and fits on any team given how much of a pompous dickhead Black himself is.

Nah he’s perfect. Those are fags that think everyone that plays black spams 2H and that’s it. Some kid buu player literally said that. He said he had weak normals and is only good for his beam assist and heavy. We also call people that think that saibaman

powerful and well-rounded =/= op
i agree that he's solid and fits in many teams but he's not overpowered

>play high tier
>beat high tier
??????

Is Kid Buu still considered degenerate?

Kid Buu is a degenerate unga.

So at what point can you safely call yourself decent? I've been struggling since the higher end of the Frieza Clan but I've kept climbing steadily.

He's not all that bad, people just hate having to deal with his tracking low starters any anything 4+ frame delay.

try getting triple your points first

You sacrifice damage for the HK knockdown.

>holding back
>still get hit by fucking superdash
>holding down back
>still get hit by fucking low

Down back block just doesn't work for me but I'm a degenerate analog stick user.

Ouch. That high huh? I'm at a ~62% win rate right now but I'm having a lot of truble maintaining that. Mostly due to having to deal with characters people don't usually use. Cell, Black, Frieza, the Gokus and Vegetas, I've learned how to deal with them. It's the oddball choices that screw with me. in particular there's 2 Nappa players I keep running into that I really struggle against, I've won against them before but my win rate against him is definitely still negative.

Do you guys enjoy the team system more than 1v1 singles?

no

best post in this thread

i'm supreme kai and i'm still not shit

I'd rather it be 1v1, but I'm still having fun regardless

How do I do spicy Trunks tech? I can reliably hit with hard knockdowns into lvl1 or 3 but I want something more spicy. Can he do anything cool off vanish besides 236M? Can I use his autocombo to continue a combo after a wall bounce? Feed me senpais

have you seen his spin jump links? good luck with those

>can do the universal combo easily enough, but only manage an average of 3.5k per combo without spending a bar or assist.
I guess it's time for me to learn how to extend my comboes using my assists. I've seen some combo videos of Ginyu/Freeza doing more damage without assists or meter, but I can never quite replicate them.

It sucks too, because I'm finding myself stagnating and I want to keep improving. I guess I'll hit up the lab and try some stuff out.

At least my Beerus is improving. He really is super solid.

>get to the point where people your own color dodge you after the first game
feels good man, can i be yellow yet

youre not doing universal combo optimally if youre only getting 3.5k, every character should be able to do close to 4k

I have a tendency to play my team like they are 1v1, just with additional buttons I can hit.

The team system does guarantee that my fights don't become stagnant or boring feeling, and let's me cover weaknesses on characters who would otherwise be dead in the water solo.

It'd be really cool if I could get matched with people that aren't 5 ranks ahead of me

WOOOOO FUCKING NOTHING FEELS BETTER

are health bars standardized in this game?

follow up question if so: why the fuck would I pick normal Goku over Goku Black?

everyone has the same health yes
because they have different pros and cons
i actually recently switched to ssgoku and i like him more than black

vegeta blue is legitimately trash. not only is he way worse than regular vegeta in every way, he fundamentally doesn't have any of the things that makes someone in this game good

goku has better neutral than black, can get more dmg with hard sliding knockdowns, his level 1s all have hard knockdowns, he has better beams than black, he is one of the best characters to stall out and beat lvl 3 sparking opponents, he has big damage solo or with teams, he has the same beam assist as black and his zchange is far better synergy for most of cast to combo from or into.

the question is why would you pick black when goku is far superior?

Noob question, what do I do against people that wake up mashing jab?

remember when he ate cymbal?

>tfw Chaotzu gives the opponent a nice parting hug

Based

it's really not hard to do meaties in this game, just make sure you press a button as they are waking up and it will beat them 99% of the time

Kek

>not hard to do meaties
>they can delay tech
>they can up tech

you sound retarded and must believe everyone does the same tech every time.

having a bad tendency to hit too many buttons feels way more punishing in this game than any other I've played. maybe it's just because you get combo'd for so long afterwards, but it feels harsh in this one especially.

it's actually very hard to do meaties
other than having a lot of tech options and hard knockdowns being very rare there's also delay wakeup
and it's not just normal delay wake up you can pick the exact moment you can wake up and can delay it for a really long time

>been like 2 weeks
>some people still call it dragon ball Z fighters
Are they retarded or in denial?

it's so fucking easy to meaty, literally mashing jab over their corpse like a retard STILL catches people on wakeup, the only retard here is the one who thinks wake up jab is an actual problem

It's obviously Dragon Ball Fighter ZED

im grateful for this game because it finally erased my habit of button mashing in anime fighters

Do i have to block low while in the air too?
I keep getting clipped by lows while airborne.
Like, I'll block there mids, then while I'm still above the ground a 2M will hit. Alternately, does grounded state become active slightly before touching the floor?

I thought ragequitting was for scrubs and xenobabies?

why am I only getting ragequits now at 400-500k?