/2hug/ - Touhou General - #111

Valentine’s Day So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/1TdrXtCD
(Includes FAQ, netplay guide, 1cc charts and more)

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)
nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/
store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>Tips for new players~
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Download and apply Vpatch for reduced lag, MoF MarisaB glitch fix, extremely high FPS fix and Windowed screen adjustment (Search ‘vpatch tutorial’ on youtube if you have problems installing it)
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

>/2hug/ Highscore Spreadsheet! (If you want to submit score, use the term 'score' somewhere in your post)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bl1ZiZUqNdbP2OK_W7q6xG6A6FIG78LPfJQrouu6ol4/edit#gid=1978990074

Touhou is a love video game and Happy Valentine’s day /2hug/!

first for your 2hu loves you!

Somebody just hurt me and remind me that I'm absoluty shit at everything and a waste of skin

Yukari and Yuyu are NOT in lesbians.

>reminded of Valentine’s Day

I will never succeed on this day

Can we not turn this thread into /r9k/? thank you.

Why is Kasen the worst sage?

Because she's the only one with human interests as even a slight consideration.

s-sorry

She's a shitty liar, changed her mind about Gensokyo's whole mission statement, and just generally acts like a self-righteous twat.

*chomp*

Post Clownpiece

Clownpiece with two FAMASes!

More like Clownpiece with two Fat Masses!
Which is wrong, btw.

It's more American that way.

fuck Valentine’s Day

Has anyone played pic related?

I played it, I'm terrible at puzzle games, but it's pretty cute.

stop liking tengu

But they're sooo cute!

That Koishi looks so cute!
That Orin looks so hot!

I just realized that either because of the dress or not. Orin looks like she's got fucking huge hips.

Aya>NEETate

You know, I always see crazy nip girls with those segmented box cutters, are they really that common in Japan or something? I hardly recall seeing them around here.

>

dunno, people just draw Hatate with a boxcutter when she found out you cheated on her with Ayaya

Everyone loves Yukarin!

Yuukarin is great yeah.

Hello green Raiko

>Green Raiko
>when she's the original by 15 years

>Master Spark from Marisa
>design from Raiko
>never relevance since PoFV
Nothing about Yuuka is original

Come on at least try to be funny.

Because she's the only one even resembling a decent person. Which really isn't part of the job description.

Expect the countless people she murdered. But you know what they say, dead men have no opinions.

t.Yukari

What the hell are the laws of heaven anyways? Why does her ideals exist alongside them? What ARE her ideals?

New tougiou update, 440ish cards now and still

something related to humans, seeing as how there are humans pictured behind her

>MY IDEALS EXIST ALONGSIDE THE LAWS OF HEAVEN!
How can Yukari ever recover?

I'd totally play if it wasn't for the evolve thing. Having to download an external program to play is just a fucking disgrace, man.

>that pic
Fukkin Saved

Its easier to get a boxcutter in japan than it is an actual knife.

>Expect the countless people she murdered.

Now how do you know that? how many of those people do you think were glad to commit suicide by yuuka? Or were just happy that yuuka acknowledged them as something, even if that thing was a target for elimination?

There's some downright degenerates out there. At least some portion of them literally asked for it.

She's not an awful person.

Evolve, Hamachi or whatever other clients have to be used if it weren't for needing IP addresses for LAN duels in ygopro. You could always port forward without any other programs but then you'd be giving out a personal IP

I can believe it.

Maybe, but suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem in 99.99% of cases. There are a handful of absolute degenerates but the portion of them are so small it's difficult to count. You're better off ignoring that and arguing the "people who won't be missed" consists almost entirely of subhuman criminals like serial child rapists/killers. though canonically she steals both adults and children and keeps them in her home for god knows what purpose.

Personally I'm not gonna use some third party device to play with a few people. If you can get matches working without needing hamachi in YGOpro then I'll try it out.

>but then you'd be giving out a personal IP
Like you have to do for Hisoutensoku, AoCF, PoFV or literally any other netplay game.
Don't make it sound like the end of the world.

uh.... user.

Yuuka. Not yukari.

I mean. Maybe some particularly weird Touhou fans would be fine with that. But i think most humans in universe would rather not die like that. Even the suicidal ones would rather pick a different method.

*ayaya cheated on her with you

But the original question was about Yukari. I thought you picked Yuuka as a random youkai that Yukari is feeding you too.

Actually, i'm a fucking idiot and you are right.

I was still on the yuuka pictures when i made this post, and by some freudian slip i confused what was going on.

My point stands regardless though. Probably more so for yukari.

Depends on how they die, i think. If its moderately painless, or even pleasurable, i think a fair portion wouldn't mind it.

I mean, we're talking about a subset of a subset of a specific demographic, but still, my point was that not 100% of the people killed would hate yukari for it.

> though canonically she steals both adults and children and keeps them in her home for god knows what purpose.

Going by her dialogue with Marisa in PCB. And some lines about Youkai behavior in PMMSS. She seems to keep those people around for her own amusement. And once she gets bored of them, she kills and eats them. It's pretty messed up.

If you can't capture all the spellcards from your 2hu, she's basically the man of the relationship.

>Filename

Ah yes, that brings back some good memories.

I wonder why ZUN pretty much retconned most of PCB if that's how she acts. It's gonna be really difficult to keep a light hearted setting when one of your main characters keeps people as toys then eats them when she's bored of them.

If disney has proven anything, its that its not that hard.

I mean. Maybe? But I still imagine 99% of the people she kidnaps would have prefered not dying. And that's the more important statistic.

Touhou isn't a real sport

Wait, this doesn't add up.

If PCB is retconned, and PMMiSS is unrealiable information, then how can you guys even be sure about Yukari?

Is fucking your 2hu a real sport?

Aside from the Lunatic version of her Last Spell, I'd say we're good.
Fantasy heaven doesn't count.

rather, wheres the source on this supposed retcon? First i've heard of it.

what if your 2hu doesn't have spellcards????

It's a meme that stems from people saying that anything pre MoF isn't canon.

There's a lot of idiots that will take that as a fact without actually thinking about it, so i think thats one meme we better let die.

It is pretty messed up. Especially if some of her victims actually are children. Even if it does create the vaguely hilarious mental image of Yukari going around in a van asking children if they "Want to see a real Youkai".

I'm not sure if it's actually been retconned though. Unlike a lot of PCB lore. Especially since her kidnapping easily missed people to die in Gensokyo is absolutely still canon.

It's not fair for you to say one part of PCB is retconned and then say other parts arent.

It's not entirely a meme, some current stuff contradicts pre MoF lore. But claiming everything prior is non-canon is a meme.

Well it's fact

Well it should be, or at least bring some attention to it instead of brushing it under the rug.

I mean. It's mostly just the prologue that's been retconned though. And even then, only certain parts of it. If you want to view that as evidence that everything in PCB, even the in game dialogue, needs to be taken with a massive grain of salt. Then that's fine. But i personally don't think that's necessary.

She's a big girl

>even the in game dialogue, needs to be taken with a massive grain of salt.
I hold the believe that if it's pre-fight talk it should be taken with a grain of salt as a lot of the times they're just shit talking each other for fun

Pic related is my evidence, these two are clearly enjoying themselves, especially if you know the full dialogue in context with thier portrait faces.

2u

I mean, almost everything contradicts things across the series. What else is new? Tenshi was approximately as tall as other hu's in soku, but now she's fuckin short in AoCF.

Its not a retcon, its them just being stupid.

>It's just them being stupid

More like it's just ZUN being drunk and not taking this nearly as seriously as we do.

Sex

well, fair enough, but twilight frontier doesn't get the excuse of being a single massively drunken man.

>Well it should be, or at least bring some attention to it instead of brushing it under the rug.

I'm not really sure how you could bring attention to something like that without making Yukari a flat out irredeemably evil villain. I mean, kidnapping innocent people for your amusement. And then eating them once you get bored of them. Isn't so much crossing the line. As much as running over it with the speed to rival a jetfighter.

Art inconsistencies is hardly a "retcon" in tenshi's case. She was always pretty young anyways, so it's believable she was short. You wouldn't count it as a retcon when ZUN draws Yukari like a loli, but all the printworks depict her as a hag.

Make it a necessity or something? It's really difficult, but sweeping it under the rug isnt't much better, because instead of being an outright irredeemable villain, she's a scheming irredeemable villain.

I suppose you could argue Yukari was just kidding around in PCB. But i find that pretty doubtful, considering she is absolutely not above killing innocent people in canon. And she does have a somewhat twisted sense of what constitutes a good time.

/2hug/ is my valentine.

Doing something evil because it's a necessity is still evil, isn't it?

it adds a bit more nuance at least and doesn't come across as that utterly fucked.

>Art inconsistencies is hardly a "retcon" in tenshi's case.

Art inconsistencies are just the most noticeable example of inconsistencies in the series, and we overlook them due to "Zun art". In the same way no two renditions of a character look the same, no two of them will ever act the same, and zun may even forget things they've said in the past.

Zun is simply not autistic about it, which crops up inconsistencies in both story and art. To our knowledge, there's only been a handful of actual retcons, those being windows taking precedence over PC-98, Parts of the fairies manga, and parts of the rabbits manga.

Well, when you're creating a comprehensive story and series. It kinda stops being autism and becomes story telling. also you forgot how arguably sakuya got recently retconned and what he's doing is kinda poor story telling where he can't keep two facts straight for more than 3 years. It's even worse with the amount of recent printworks that contradict all the games prior.

>Spoiler

It's like you guys WANT me to make a really long post about how it's not really a retcon. And before you say anything, yes I know the chapter in it's full context.

No!

Meant for

Honestly. I would argue just make her a straight up villain. Just one that genuinely cares about Gensokyo, and maybe even Reimu.

And thats just it. people are expecting consistency from a man that drinks gallon mugs of beer at a fairly consistent rate. Yet people take the art inconsistencies as acceptable, but the story ones get autistically picked through like he's the new shakespeare or some shit. The way we as the consumers treat it is the really inconsistent thing.

As for the sakuya thing, whether she's stopping time or speeding up to the point time dilation makes it seem stopped, the overall effect is the same. Zun's stance on it has always been that space and time are basically the same thing, so even if she's altering her "Space" to speed up, she'd still be affecting time in the same manner.

The art one is easy to excuse, ZUN isn't an artist and it's difficult to be an artist. It's another thing to keep two facts straight, you don't need to be shakespeare for that, which is why people pick at it. Also, deliberating on it, if Sakuya can't stop time, how can she set up her spellcards is the question? Do her reflexes speed up to match her speed? can she think in an attosecond like the flash now? Does she constantly vibrate to "stop" time when she's not moving or does she run in circles?

I would alter Sakuya's space if you know what I mean.

>That entire last post
Thank you dude.

She has the powers of manipulation of time and space!

If you disagree you can fight me.

If we're going off spellcards then I guess Byakuren is actually a human and not a youkai

I'm grinning like a madman dude. Just you wait for the big post.

What about Great Magic "Devil's Recitation"?

That's because she is using the pattern of a certain devil.

Simple. People take the specific comment out of context. Sakuya said she doesn't "Stop time". instead she "Accelerates herself with no mass".

nothing in that specific comment says she isn't speeding up her own time