/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=sIkHWzT5Iv4
>Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=VueiR2a_lDY
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!no4QiQ4A!Km5B8wq9r1DiqKRqwCrQ8PH0lat4qcuvDYqr40W1mNw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mudodyne

This is a Chaos thread.

>Mothman
Fuck you

Let's talk V. What are your hopes and fears?

Hopes: More Demons. As many Demons as humanly possible. All the demons, creative demons, old demons new demons. Demons demons demons.

Fears: Not enough demons...

>What are your hopes
That we get a good game.

>fears
That we get a repeat of Apoc.

Figuring out how to progress the story in this game is not fun.
I've been here multiple times already but he just dismissed me.
But now something is different, I think I missed a trigger somewhere before.

I wouldn't count on more than half of IV, the same as in P5.

Every SMT game is like this in some manner. Hope you're enjoying yourself though.

Hopes: Gameplay will be as much of a blast and just as addictive to me as smt IV and IVA were

Fears: It's story will be IVA tier, gameplay elements will be as broken as IV.

After playing all day I finally almost cleared DDS2 (From Abbadon to the beggining of the final dungeon) and damm I wasnt expecting all these feels.

Does anyone have link to the megaten ero game that doesn't require a login? Shouldn't that be added to the OP?

Hopes
>gameplay is as good IV:A
>whoever wrote IV:A stays as far the fuck away as possible
>the planned social commentary actually has substance and doesn't feel forced
>either Kankeo returns or they let Doi actually handle art without higher ups fucking over his work
>at least 20ish new demons, more like Krishna and adramelech and less like demeter
>Ryota Kozuka from IV/IV:A returns for the soundtrack, if not then at least Meguro
>physical skills cost hp again, VIT returns as well now
>more complex dungeon design
>art direction like Nocturne, surreal and absurd locations
>actually doing something original with the alignment system and having each alignment feel balanced in representation and how shitty they feel.
>actually making the cast likable
>make the story genuinely emotional but not in manipulative ways

Fears
>gameplay is shit and/or unbalanced
>whoever wrote IV:A's script is involved in anyway
>whoever did the art for DSJ is made the main artist
>casualized gameplay for the new P5fags they want to interest
>dungeon design feeling weak like IV and IV:A
>pointlessly added story elements like feeling you need to make YHVH the final boss because this is SMT
>references to previous games out the ass just for dumb nostalgia
>more emphasis on dlc
>weak demon roster
>"we wanted to try something different so we added this shitty new mechanic that has no place in mainline SMT"
>the heroine is mostly just there to be waifu bait and nothing more

I'm planning to buy a switch almost exclusively for this game, had this not been a switch exclusive I would not even consider getting one probably. This game better be good.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

For the most part I'm enjoying the game but sometimes it's being a little too vague for my taste. It's like the game expects you to always check every nook and cranny of every place, even old ones. But I think that is something these old games just do.

Dont forget motion controls

>I'm not sure if this is a good idea.
>not fusing with every demon available for maximum STR
Do you even chaos?

Oh shit, this is one I wasn't even thinking of. I want to assume Atlus is better then that regarding adding pointless gimmick control just because the console can but we never know.

Did FE# have anything dumb with the WiiU touch pad?

Considering the aesthetic. I kinda hope they balance it between something like Nocturne with it's surreal art direction. But along with the kind of cyberpunk Apocalypse of other entries in the series. Though I would hope for a more desolate tone that invokes a sort of loneliness, but not too devoid of NPCs or characters, of course though there would be demons.

>you will never play your favorite MT for the first time again

The Messiah Church doesn't like me anymore, but that doesn't surprise me, I've been killing their troops left and right. The Gaia troops are much cooler anyways.
Can you access both churches when you are neutral?

Well, if you put it that way.

>doesn't require a log-in

pssshhh

mega.nz/#!no4QiQ4A!Km5B8wq9r1DiqKRqwCrQ8PH0lat4qcuvDYqr40W1mNw

>Can you access both churches when you are neutral?

Don't think so, instead you get to heal up at mechanic shops. It's been a while though.

I mentioned this in last thread but should I get Raidou 1 and 2 or Raidou 1 and Soul Hackers? One guy said playing 2 after 1 may hinder my experience, any idea what he meant?

NPCs are sort of a weird case with SMT. I feel like SJ did a pretty good job with them actually. You had your human crew on the Red Sprite who would give you their own feelings on the current situation but you also had demons randomly wandering around that would give you quests to do. It was nice as rarely were they required but it offered a nice variety of both human and demon npcs to talk to. With IV/IV:A one of the weird sort of plot inconsistencies is how different the Tokyo citizens act between story cutscenes and in gameplay and side quests. I n all the story cutscenes it is suppose to convey that Tokyo is a hellhole where even living another day is a struggle. But at the same time towns are pretty crowded with npcs and often they say jokes and speak to you as if nothing is wrong. It was a sort of weird inconsistency.

He decided to fuse with Lilim.
Makes me kinda mad that I couldn't give him an old demon.
Now his name is actually fitting.

I say get raidou 1 and SH as they're more distinct from one another. Raidou 2 is abit weird as while the gameplay is overall much better but the plot is kind of shitty with a lot of really weird concepts that lead to mixed results.

Alright I may be doing that then since that seems to be the common answer

3D designs before get one this time. Luckily looking at the mobage seems like thats almost a given. Moreso the return of old demons like Old One or Demi Nandi.

I hope a return of the heroine. Maybe your aligment impact more the story, like based at certain points in the story based on your alignment you get diferent story missions. Think of the part of SMT IV where you can either side with Walter and stop the Ashura Kai or side with Jonathan and kill Lilith but it happens several times.

Make Mem Aleph the optional ultimate boss, or a whole dungeon where you have to face the strongest bosses (Said bosses are all the Mother Goddesses)

I fear a direct sequel of V where neutral is taken as canon. I disliked this approach in Apocalypse because i played Flynn as a heartless and ruthless samurai in IV but there comes apocalypse and makes him a well intended and pro-human faggot.

I want V MC to remain whatever way i envisioned him.

I think I have been reading too many doujins to not find this lewd.

>I fear a direct sequel of V where neutral is taken as canon. I disliked this approach in Apocalypse because i played Flynn as a heartless and ruthless samurai in IV but there comes apocalypse and makes him a well intended and pro-human faggot.
>
>I want V MC to remain whatever way i envisioned him.
I hadn't really thought of this before, but i agree with this. Let us direct our own choices and walk away with them. I know IVA had the whole alternate timeline yada yada but still.

>astolfo being brainwashed and becoming ozawa's meat toilet

How filthy.

What were the stat requirements for SMTII? I want to be ready for it so I don't have to grind when I need them

10, including the shit like MAG and INT.

Is it just those two?

Any reason why I shouldn't murder this guy?
I haven't heard a single nice thing about him.

you know what to do

If you hesitate on this choice you're going to have some real issues further down the line.

Good stuff. I know it wasn't the ideal way to do it and it is a bot awkward but alignment playing into demon co-op in SJ was a cool decision as it made alignment actually matter to combat.

I feel like Mem Aleph actually has a lot of potential to be a good neutral rep in all honesty. Mem Aleph is genuinely neutral, bearing no opinion of law or chaos, and only has the intention of the earth in mind. I feel like making a less extreme Mem Aleph that is focused on the prosperity of humanity as well as the life span of the earth could work well.

More demons coming to 3d is always nice too. Demi Nandi I don't think would work as it is more of a demon created for a particular game and specifically meant to play a role only in that game's plot but I would give a arm to see the Old One fully animated in 3d. Look at this crazy motherfucker, who wouldn't want to see all the eyes on the tentacle looking around?

Alright then.

Come on now buddy.
What's with this game and taking away my partymembers?

Hoo boy.

you're never getting him back

retard gained power for the first time in his life and let it get to his head.

I've never had a favorite anything that was worse on the second or further experience than the first experience. In fact for everything that comes to mind, it's always been the opposite.

Yeah, I know. I can't help but feel like the game was pretty tone-deaf, it almost gave a sort of Devil Summoner vibe to the game even though it wasn't really trying to convey that at all. I just hope whatever SMTV does, they stick to the core of it's atmosphere.

i don't think i've ever actually used mothman

I need to ask, is aleph a boy or a girl?

Yes.

That doesn't matter, son of man.

>MINDHACC

Not worse, just different.

>femifiend

Boner every time my nigga

Is this just text based?

You better learn to negotiate with the ghost kids, their bind magic is annoying as fuck so no worth it fighting them.

>get super lucky at B&S
>buy Cat o' Nine Tails
>game becomes super easy
Who's idea was it to put such an OP weapon like that there?

I wish that there was more MT2 art out there

Also, what do you guys think of the "openness" of MT2? Would you like to see something like that again in future titles?

i thought SMT1 was more of an open game than MT2

Hey, I remember this.

Already recruited one, although I just got super lucky. Anything else I should get? These lamias seem to be strong.

yup

What? To be fair I hated that dungeon and ran away from almost all encounters.

Tasty. Personally I prefer flat femifiend.

that dungeon is so fucking gay man

and it's a dungeon within a dungeon too

It's right after you lose a heavy hitter as well. At that point law hero is crazy squishy and you don't have heroine to stun lock everything yet. Run from anything you can't recruit or hope your over leveled as fuck.

I once read RPG makers expect players to be on average 5%higher of a level because they expect us to explore everything playing old games it deffinately feels true.

i obsessed over filling every square in every dungeon in that game and i was STILL underleveled and had to run from everything

Who is your valentine date, /smtg/?

i got myself a date with some LAW

Every time I read online about people finishing SMT 1 in the level 90 range or brag about never needing macca I wonder how much they grinded.

I got a date with a girl that looks like the dog
Wish me luck brothers

Sorry kid but I have other plans for you.

Got a date with quite the catch myself.

A nice not-so-moonlit night out, just the two of us.

You

d-dagda no

OH FUCK

>Hey buddy.

>Maze filled with female demons, horses and chucky
>Also teleporters
A girl's mind sure is complex.

yeah whatever, wouldn't expect a dumb chaosfag to appreciate a real man anyway

I'll date you if you're a fellow lawfriend, user.

I'm going to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, make a nice dinner and play vidya just like last year.

I've got a date with a rage fueled fast day.

>Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
I watched it for the first time last year and thought it was just okay. I liked that Clementine wasn't presented as completely perfect and all of his problems were fixed by meeting her but I still felt she was too much of a bitch and not a fit for Joel. She wasn't reallyblikable at all and seemed like a questionably moral person. Also the sub plot with the assisstents felt kind of forced, should have just been about Joel and Clementine.

What I get out of it is they're two people who love each other enough to keep finding the other after their memory is wiped, but are destined to be apart which is why the cycle never ends. I agree with you about the assistants though.

>nocturne's death screen has the devil summoner angel design instead of the newer one
I never noticed this.

pretty sure it's just the one that's in the actual game

Dadga plz, i need a dog gf dont do this

I don't know, I guess I just didn't feel their connection was deep enough but I do like the overall concept. I guess my problem was that prior I had heard people hype the movie as the second coming and it was fine but nothing that moved me. Joel was likable and such and it had some good scenes but eh, I just don't see the hype sadly.

That's nice and all but have you considered killing your friends.

pretend to call her Pascal by accident, if she doesn't get it she's not good enough

So that "player icon turns depending on your alignment thing", does that only apply to the later versions of SMT! and II or is it in the SNES ones as well?

No, that is in all versions of SMTI and SMTII.

That's what I thought, but the ones in that pic look like they're wearing almost nothing, like in the DS design.

I was just making sure, I've been asking what I'm sure were chaos answers most if the time in SMTII and I still seem to be turning left, either that or the icon is moving so fast it's hard to tell if it's moving right or back and forth

Can i keep the dog if i kill all my friends?

You're right they do, wasn't the newer design made for Nocturne? If so maybe they made the death screen before they decided to redesign her because she's naked

makes sense since it's harder to hid with the 3d models. I do prefer the redesign though.

Only one boyo. Got to get your dick wet somehow.