/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Old

post your character's face.

not in the character creator or appearance changer

are you happy with what you got?

>join tempered special arena
>first monster's corpse disappears when we killed the 2nd

Epic Capcom

Just epic

real thread:
everyone is in here, fuck off Loli scum

That thread has half the posts of this one, dumbass

So I have a +14 attack and +7 sharpness talisman in MH4U, I made an armor set with
>Attack Up XL
>Rock Steady
>Razor Sharp
>Challenger +2
>Latent Power +2

But I'm a retard and apparently Challenger and Latent Power don't stack. What other skill combinations would be better with AUXL and Razor Sharp? I was thinking "ALL DAMAGE!" when I made the armor but now I feel dumb.

>Loli scum
what did he mean by this

You must be australian with how autistic you are

I'm here for Monster Hunter in general, not the more specific Monster Hunter World

bing bing

Brown kirin huntresses are a miracle of the universe.

Whats the best all around Bow tree for whenn I get bored of Switch Blade

It's Diablos I am sure

Is there any way to tell which HR Special Arenas I’m missing, or should I just capture everything to see what I somehow missed

There aren't even any lolis in the OP picture, that was the previous one.
Also fuck off.

is this BASED houtongeki?

Obviously a burgers. Only they would be that obsessed and pig headed over which thread to use.

Insect Glaive might be a loli?

>wasting precious reaction images in the OP

Kadachi is the easiest to build with good all around use, but yes Diablos has the best raw

Why does SA feel so clunky in XX? Is there a style that makes it feel more fluid?

I hope you come to your senses one day.

Please no bully

Please recommend me a non-Gem/Ruby required (Wyvern Gems are fine), non-Diablos Switch Axe to make

*unsheathes dragonator*

GS a best

how do i play dual blades effectively in mhw?

some people say manage stamina
others say mash o after combos and stay in demon form forever

I miss turn rooms so much ;_; Please patch them back in Capcom

Yeah, lately he has been doing some MH stuff.

i'm new to bowguns. what is the best HBG? what do the special ammo types actually mean?

Thank you in advance.

BEST HAMMER INC

>tempered kushala
>Roar into 1 hit KO
>Roar into 1 hit KO
>Roar into 1 hit KO
>Quest failed ;^)

Fucking FU kushala was easier than this spastic asshole

Holy FUCK the falling spikes in Nerg's room are a fucking pain in the ass. Whose fuckign shitter idea was this. They do 1 fucking damage to him while knocking your ass all over the place.

Did they think the fight was too easy or something?

Stay in demon mode forever. Use the circle spin to dodge and attack at the same time.

if it's not gunhammer it's not best hammer

I wouldn’t even risk using DP against black diablos often and would he content with spread shot the wings, even when he get knocked down. Despite of how black diablos wind up for the charge, it track so well that it seems impossible to dodge other than a dive on some position if you don’t have any evade skills. Most charge of monsters can be dodge by sprinting at 90 degree angle to the charge and that’s even more reliable than rolling sometimes. That black diablos charge track so well that it would still hit a side way sprint. That shit is like nerg dive on a regular move. I’ve situation when a DP black diablos after a knock down but despite getting the shot off, the recoil still put me in a locked animation position and doesn’t give me enough time to position myself to dodge the charge if diablos choose to start the charge animation at me as soon as I get up.

>Did they think the fight was too easy or something?
Well it is, isn't it?

Does anyone have that list of best weapons per type that was posted the other day?

how much harder are the tempered monsters?
i heard they pretty much have the same health as their high rank counter part but they just do a ton more damage.

So what kind of setup could one get with the Guild Cross armor? I love the look of it, but god are the skills borderline worthless. Beta version has some nice slots to play with, 3 Tier3 deco slots and the waist has 3 tier1 slots. Any ideas? Eyepatch is better than the dumb headpiece so WE 3 is a given.

{Weapon Type} -- Nerg

There you go.

>Bazel set arguably the most aesthetic set in the game
>Every Bazel weapon has its own unique model rather than modularshit
>Has one of the best themes in the game
How can other monsters even compete?

burgers all have ADHD and lose interest in their own autism in a day. Australians meanwhile keep shitting up Castlevania in /vr/ final fantasy in /v/ and Gundam Versus in /m/

Pretty much yeah.That's what makes them harder especially if you're not properly geared and upgraded.Normal attacks can take up to 70% health and the telegraphed ones can one shot you even if you're fully upgraded.

What do you mean exactly? It's the same as ever.

Nah it was more autistic than that, mentioned how a jagras something was best

Go look again. Bazel isn't unique models.

MHW PC when

The only difference is their one shot mechanics start to one shot you. After you kill 3 or 4 of them you can upgrade your armor and the entire difference between tempered and non tempered disappears

The most American monster is the best, unsurprisingly.

I want to try doing a gunner. I've never played a gunner before, what should I be looking in the different guns available? Ammo? Mods? What's a good weapon tree to go for? For MHW. Thanks for the help

>launch SOS for bazel because its the only fucking way to play multi
>two japs join
>one with LS, other with HBG
>LS twat keeps taking ton of damage from any attack and double carts
>HBG guy gets low on HP
>the fucking idiot plants a health booster and stands in it instead of using a mega potion
>bazel slams his stupid ass
>quest failed

bring back server segregation holy fuck

get the FUCK off of me

Hazak armor is dumb, but the weapons all look pretty fucking aesthetic. Same goes for Anjy. Shame the armor for him looks like such shit.

would using the diablos charge blade with full kushla armor n hidden element be a good damage idea? currently have 864 raw n 80 ice
also have ice attack 4 is that added onto the 80? once I upgrade my charm ill have 160

only at the start, most of them get outclassed when you get good decorations

Hide /mhwg/ threads
Ignore /mhwg/ posts
Do not respond to /mhwg/ posters

Does kush’s wind have an element or it’s just considered physical attack
Also to repeat my question from previous thread. What is better for damage boost +3 attack charm (while I have +3 in attack boost so far) vs agitator charm vs peak performance. Can you upgrade agitator and peak performance charms to lvl 3 for + 3 or not. I kinda want to know before wasting mats and time to build them as elder gems aren’t cheap. Peak performance looks good because I always keep my hp at 100% when I can as a bow user and it give whooping 20 raw attack bonus at lvl 3. I don’t know how often the monsters are actually enrage to proc agitator.

what kind of parts do they drop? is it an all new tempered set or something?

The leak is in 5.

Imagine Bazel's big floppy futanari dong exploding all over your face.

Check your Monster Field Guide to see which ones you've already captured. Though it doesn't help with monsters that have both LR and HR versions.

dead game

Hello?

>start male character for funsies
>can't skip cutscenes
>tutorials throw constant fucking speedbumps and roadblocks in front of you

Holy shit is Monster Hunter ever going to get past this habit of making terrible fucking tutorials?

>Does kush’s wind have an element
Wind weapons WHEN

>A. Rathalos investigation w/2 gold rewards
>1 faint
>has Bettlejuice

fuuuuck that nigger is distracting

Anybody want to hunt some nergs with me?

4TH7GC4ZTGPv

Pls no shitters

no not at all. first of all the element is probably not even worth taking for free because you can't use the elementless deco with it. and then free element is just an expensive skill to get

I would assume it's ice

>gave my palico the coral horn
>the defense buff it has took me from getting oneshot by HR flesh dog to taking at least two hits
>the horn also has an earplug buff

This. The only thing more pathetic than mhwg-fag's shameless self-bumps is his constant bitching in the real generals.

"M-my thread was first post there."

Fuck no, idiot. /mhwg/ isn't the general, no matter how early it's made.

I have yet to see a challenge from Tempered Kushala, flashbombs and focused head damage breaks that poor tin can even if his charge eats 90% of my life
Now fire kitty keeps me on my toes all the fucking time, blademaster or gunning.
You faggots that have a billion 140 Teostra experience in 4U, what sort of strategy did you guys do? Spam his backlegs? headlock? Mount to cancel the nova? I still don't know exactly what to do on World Teostra besides hugging his beard and flashing the faggot whenever he goes Michael bay

I would but my hunt count with that fucker is at 1. And thats staying at 1 until I have to do HR 100 quest.

Is it possible to get Attack Gems from the event quest?

Would Xeno have been better if half way through the fight he pulled out a mech?

All elder dragons that have lairs in the Recess with stage hazards.

>Hazak armor is dumb
>He doesn't like being a Nazghul
Look at this faggit

>Rimereaver is the absolute most beautiful SA
>ELEMENT
>PHIAL
I want to just fucking die. They do this in every goddamned game. The best SA is always ugly as fuck and the best looking SA is always garbage.

How the fuck do I control the direction I jump off the environment, like the crystal pillars?

I just can't fucking master this shit

to add to that: element is typically only worth it on weapons that hit very often because it's applied in full on every hit. so it doesn't matter if you do a true charge with a gs or a random hit with your dual blades, the elemental damage is the same. and this goes especially in this game where elementless exists. elements are pretty much only worth it for dbs and bows in this game

>earplug, stun nullification, recovery up, attack and defense up

There's no better palico tool. It's a must-have for shit like Nerg and Teostra, to avoid getting stunbusted.

>PC version
>Mod B52's theme with "I Am a Real American"
>Theme starts off quiet and gets louder when he comes in to bomb

I'll make a chocolate huntress for the pc release

He would have been better if he were smaller and faster.

Feel like hunting Xeno with a hammer, is it doable with it?
Keep in mind that I'm a shitter.

Odogaron Light bowgun
Get weakness exploit, normal up (black diablos legs, and Crit boost
Rapid fire normal 2 at the weakspot

Yeah, just use that uppercut.

disgusting
ISHYGDDT

What set are people using for the Val bow? I've never used bows before but want to use this one.

What's the most meme weapon/armor combination?

So, what's your excuse /mhg/?

Imagine the asspain from casuals when he gets added

How the fuck do I do an elemental discharge on a mounted monster?

Three fucking times I've spammed triangle on nerg and three fucking times he's been downed without me being able to do the discharge. What am I missing here?

Why are dragons inherently weak to lightning? It's the same in Dark Souls, is there some fantasy lore I'm missing?

Flying thing hit by lightning lamo

They'll be too busy bitching about JhoJho

If you're going to do dumb shit memes at least do it aint me faggot.

Mashima pls

I main sns and it's impossible to hit weakpoints

>Deleted
HAHAHAHA