/alg/ - Azur Lane General #126

Reminder
Register your account and make a bind code if you're playing on JP
Twitter account linking: now you can login to your account using your twitter account

>FAQ and other useful links you should really read before asking stuff
pastelink.net/alglinks
pastebin.com/9TiJerdg

>English news and Wiki
azurlane.koumakan.jp/Azur_Lane_Wiki

>Wikis
wiki.joyme.com/blhx/首页 - Chinese
game8.jp/azurlane - Japanese
azurlane.wikiru.jp - Japanese

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccd0/Veeky
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=65469449
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is some sort of game feature I should be aware of? Do ashes the strength of my next torpedo?

That's probably what happens when you strengthen your boats with other boats.

To those who dont know, who overly concern them with thread quality, cant ignore posts or simply just want shit gone then download 4chanx

Just filter the shitposters most used words and it'll be like those posts never existed in the first place

github.com/ccd0/Veeky Forums-x

I personally suggest filtering everything related to ashes so you can be surprised how much better the thread gets when you do

It is discounted though. A single ring is 600 whereas the pack of 2 is 980 so you're getting a 220 discount.

did I just get something from Enterprise instead of my wife because I had Enterprise as my secretary

You sure did.

Yes, you got choco from your current secretary

well that sucks
I ate it

>[Deleted]

So you accepted Big E's feelings?

Your wife is going to be mad at you

>couldn't get choco from my wife, only from akashi

Sarutoga >> Dead game saratoga

no she won't, my wife is belfast

btfo

How do I get good at PvP guys? I was doing PvP when suddenly I Renown's and her !

Gimme the deepest lore on this game, what's going on?

Botes want cola.

sirens are playing 4D chess

Laffey is a cola addict, Javelin used to work in adult videos but she was forced to protect the seas and Ayanami is just autistic

Fox sisters LARPs. Shenanigans ensues.

Deepest lore

>Sirens exterminate humanity in the future
>They get bored and go back to the past to give them weapons so they can actually put a fight now

I'm glad this isnt girls frontline or it'd include a twist like all the mental cubes the ship girls are born from include a kill-switch to deactivate, kill or control all shipgirls if the sirens ever find themselves in a disadvantageous position.

>Both foxes in under 50 runs
>Took me literally over a month to get these two in CN

I'm going to kill whoever kept saying JP had lower drop rates when this shit came out.

>their underwear switch colors when you retrofit them
Woah

>Not borrowing your sister's used underwear for a powerup

>he fell for the meme

When are we getting guild wars? I mean, that's what guilds are for, right?

They swapped underwear you brainlet.

Surprisingly informative, thanks user! Jesus fucking christ, imagine loving fighting so much that you go back in time just to fight some more. Wouldn't that like... create some kind of paradox where the original fighting in the future can't happen if they're fighting now?

Rude, I'm adding "brainlet" to my filter.

Dumb brainlet

Why does she have a giant yaoi hand

Nonono, if you want to insult me like that now you have to spell it wrong or else I won't see it.

You need to call me a "brainlot" now.

That only works if you're actually filtering it you falseflagging brainlet

>falseflagging
Whose flag exactly am I waving? And believe me, I don't have to be filtering "brainlet" to be insulted by "brianlot". I would be very insulted regardless, honest.

Just report him.

>Panties are the secret to powering up
This requires rigorous experimentation. What kind of panties give you the biggest boost? What other factors play into it? Do we need to make some kind of panty swapping scheme where every day you give your panties to the girl on your left and receive a new second-hand pair each morning?

>This Autism

Threadly reminder that all Pennsylvania class, Renown class, and Nevada class ships are garbage and shouldn't be posted by anyone not autistic.

>Javelin at lv.100
Ain't she one of the starter ships? I've been wondering about that actually, is this the type of game where you can probably get by with just about any ship? Or do I need to worry about getting the best and rarest ship just to progress?

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=65469449

Is that why Saratoga is so strong? Will she steal Big E's panties for her remodel to become the ultimate carrier?

You can get by with whatever until world 10, at which point it's still doable but much harder than it needs to be. World 9 will be a bit hard too. Also Javelin IS one of the best ships.

Yes until you use boats that aren't in the meta then people shit all over you for it.

I'm new to the game and can't make heads or tails out of some of the tutorials like this one, what is this? I'm guessing it's like, a weapon triangle maybe? But I'm not sure, could someone please help me out?

Free win

Use this.

Tsk, I was thinking about Javelin as my starter as she was the cutest. Ended up choosing Ayanami though, since she seemed to fit how I wanted to play the game more going from the prologue...

Guess I got autism

Jabberin is the current meta frontline together with Ayanami, Portland and Jintsuu.

JAVelin is only good for being a cockroach and taking torpedoes. Ayanami is better at insta killing bosses.

Double vampire sandwich

Thanks user. If I'm reading this right, it looks like there's almost no reason to not use high explosive ammo though? It seems to do the most damage consistently.

You know, somehow I'm happy to hear that the starter ships are good enough to stay useful. I'm the sort of person who likes characters the more I use them, so I grow especially fond of the units I started with even though they're terribly outdated/outmatched by the latest and greatest. What about the other starter, Laffey? Laffy? Is she good too? I noticed she seemed more of a "jack of all trades, master of none" type from her stats on the selection screen.

A lot of other factors come into play. If you have a HE gun like Belfast but it has shit spread and slower reload you're better off with the AP 150mm.

She's bottom of the barrel tier. Even the shit common rarity boats like bulldog perform better. She even gets outperformed by fucking river barges.

Well luckily for you Ayanami is ALSO one of the best ships in the game.

>What about the other starter, Laffey?
She's very bad right now but she's definitely gonna get a retrofit that'll make her top tier! just as soon as she gets over her drinking problems

Javelin's focus is her eva stat, Ayanami's is her torp stat, Z23's is firepower and Laffey is the jack of all trades and master of none, the first two have retrofits that make them absurd instead of mediocre and Z23 is some weird CL/DD hybrid, Laffey is the only kinda meh one, as long as you have the gear you can run pretty much anything though.

fool, she needs to drink even more to get stronger

Its funny because everyone kept saying how Laffey was the esports pick at the start and how she was the best starter.

But I as a true person of taste picked Javelin instead of Z23 or the cola addict and was rewarded for it

What skill can the chinks even give laffey that would make her useful outside of pvp?

I love Terror

Oh, so high explosives are the type of thing that fires slowly then? Makes sense, I can see that being out DPS'd by AP guns then. Might be good for one shotting mooks, not as much for bosses?

>
>
Pity to hear that Laffey isn't that great, but it can't be helped I guess. I'm surprised to hear that Javelin's focus was evasion, maybe I'm an idiot who can't read graphs but I was working under the assumption that Javelin's idea was hit really hard and that's it. I thought Ayanami would have higher evasion/speed and that's why I chose her. Nice to hear that Ayanami's good with torpedos though, and now that I think about it I do recall one hit KO'ing a boss with it. I didn't think too much on it since I'm still in beginner baby land, but is her torpedo stat really that good?

But that's wrong? It was Z23 for CN and ayanami for JP.

I want to draw a masterpiece on Anshan's soft belly!

Kisaragi is my wife

Z23 was always the literally who DD on CN and more so on JP since they took her out the starter pool

Ayanami shits out torpedo damage because her skill boosts her torpedo by 30-60% when it activates. Conversely Javelin's skill boosts her evade by 30-60%, their retrofit skills are also opposites (Ayanami gets an evade boost when it activates, Javelin gets a torpedo boost)

>I'm still in beginner baby land, but is her torpedo stat really that good?
Her torp stat caps at 520~, like the only boat with a higher torp stat is Tanikaze at 550~ but she doesn't have skills that buff it while Ayanami has stuff like her first skill that buff it by 60%.

So the shipgirl (pieces) we use are just clones and limited to the confines of the game. However, through our collective power (fan arts/discussions) we give life and bring forth the real prime or whatever and defeat the sirens through our thoughts and imaginations?

You mean after she grows up right?

This is pretty comfy.

Remove her torps for a second DD gun slot, +50FP and +50AA, +10% main gun efficiency, and a similar secondary barrage to the others that buffs FP and reload and evasion.

Hamakaze and tanikaze should be capping at 526 torp stat.

So her torpedo stat is the second highest in the game, which becomes the highest due to her own skill boosts? That's...actually really cool for a beginner ship, I'm really glad to hear that!

Oh, that's fun. So they become a little more like each other, huh? That's somehow real cute for me.

By the way, what's the arcade machine thing in the main menu? I found it while clicking around and I was afraid to touch it in case it ate up valuable currencies to play minigames or something.

>DD gunboat

Useless.

If they went the histfag route they'd make her Laffey 2.0, DD-724, which has a reputation for being unkillable. They could then make her a Destroyer version of Phoenix or something.

The thing with Z23 is you have to bring Z1 to maximize her potential, but Z1 is pretty shit.

As noted AP penetrates once making it possible to hit twice given there's another ship ahead its bulletline preferably used by most CLs and a prepped up Z46 due to her passive and gun mod, as for BB APs until they get some sort crit rate/crit dmg buff you're better of using HEs in general.

>CL tier FP on a DD with 150% main gun efficiency on the class of guns with the highest sheet DPS in the game x2
>useless
kek

>Destroyer version of Phoenix or something.
Downes and Cassin already exist.

Eh, I've been using Z23 and Z1 together and they've been doing fine, a 160% gun mod makes DD main guns do fun amounts of damage, specially when they come off of 100~ FP, really hoping she gets a retrofit though.

>Arcade machine thing
It's just the current event. It doesn't cost anything. I believe you got a ship if the HP falls to zero.

But DD724 laffey isn't even the same class.

Shikikan, she can't be a day older than six.

The tier lists say 410mm is the best I have, but this blue 406mm mk6 seems to be better. Is that small reload advantage really worth losing out on a entire shell? This is on Tirpitz so she really benefits from having that third shell right?

Consider reading "If its for my daughter I'd defeat even a demon lord" user.

But Kisaragi is wife, not daughter

If your wife is 6, how old is your daughter?

You should stick to purple 410 because your 406 is one rarity lower. Also the triple 406 has a wider dispersion so not all rounds will land on target.

There's 12 year old moms in Europe so 6 years to go

we're happily married

the 406 I have is unfortunate in that it maxes at +6, yeah, but I've got a lot of guns for weaker ships to bring to +10 and ideally I'd get a purple 406mm mk6 instead, so the 410 will stay at +6.

Listen. There's a reason why I said to read it. It stops becoming "I'm raising this 8 year old girl as her father" and starts becoming "She's now 14 and in love with me and I might be subconsciously grooming her to be my literal perfect waifu, and I'm getting worried that I'm okay with that"

my wife