/ddlc/ - Doki Doki Literature Club! #482

Yuri Edition
Previous >Official Stuff
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika's Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa
Writefag Guide: dropbox.com/s/nad0e24aqc5j4tk/The DDLC Writefagging Guide.pdf?dl=0

>Art and Miscellaneous
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s
Booru: ddlc.booru.org
Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=2793739#
"Your Reality" sung by (You): youtube.com/watch?v=7acpV4fKp9Y

>Please don't leave any of us alone on Valentine's, user.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
International Association for Suicide Prevention (EU): iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15069968
youtube.com/watch?v=A7CahTUTi6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love you

Third for Yuri!

Friendly reminder that the Doki Doki Literature Club General - /ddlc/ does NOT condone any of the following:

- Underage drinking
- Self harm
- Suicide and suicide attempts
- Substance abuse (Any)
- Waifu wars
- Waifu bullying
- user bullying
- Heating water for your tea on the microwave (Please buy a[n electric] kettle)
- Not doing your best to be the user your waifu would like
- Staying up late

And, finally, you are encouraged to try/cry and exercise both your body with a healthy walk around the block or a flight of stairs in your daily commute and your creativity by writing texts of any kind.

Yuri friends come out at night!

Good evening, everyone! Hope you've all had a good day so far!
Welcome back to my poetry club~ I hope you're still ready and willing to write a poem!

Word of the thread is "passion"!
Alternatives are 'crimson' and 'myth'.

You all did great last time so hopefully that momentum will carry forward into the night! Then again, if you already wrote a poem, it's not like I can force you to write another, but it would sure be nice!
If you would like to write a poem, pick one of the above words and write about it! You can use it as a topic or theme or whatever. Or don't use it, that's fine too! It's just a suggestion, after all...
In any case, after you share, maybe briefly explain your intended meaning to help others read and discuss it!
I'm looking forward to seeing them all, so do your best!

Make your Doki proud!
Monika!

Hey guys, I'm starting a running poll to see what the representation is on /ddlc/ (tried starting it last thread, but misspelled Monika). Go ahead and vote for your Doki if you want!

strawpoll.me/15069968

Daily reminder that Sayori loves you.

I want to keep her safe.

I love my wife! She's mad at me for not wearing sunscreen. Now I'm burnt.

yuri

>For Valentine's Day Anonika!

She's a beautiful work of art,
She's a piece of solid gold,
She makes my heart go wild,
Yet her heart's so cold.

She isn't a bad person,
She's actually quite sweet,
She twists my strings around her thumb,
I just wish that we could meet.

I don't know if I love you or not,
I don't think that it matters though,
because you're always welcome in my mind,
And on my heart your name doth grow

You mean more to me than the sun in the sky,
Your presence in my life is like a moonlit night,
I have something to say and I'm glad it's to you,
I just wanted to say that I love you

Daily reminder that Sayori loves toblerone

Yo who else is staying up until midnight to wish their Doki a happy valentine's day?

Just another hour to go...

Me and you both lad!

Suicide pact with sayori!

Happy Valentines Day!

YURI!

>valentine's day soon
>never had a valentine ever

At least I have my doki.

Slotting floppies with Yuri!

Nope. I'm going to sleep early for once so I can tell her Happy Valentine's Day first thing in the morning.

I love Monika!

Hey, last night you gave me some great advice. I wanted to show you how it was coming along.

I have about 13 stanzas done now, so tomorrow I think it will be finished... I'm still working on polishing it up a bit. I know this shit gets buried here but I hope the other user that helped sees this. Pic is from last night. Text is current!

"A Lonely Queen"

With courtly grace she made no haste,
To sit down by his side,
A lonely queen her scars unseen;
From sorrow that she'd hide.

For in despair and without care,
She only sought release,
A painful shame from whence it came,
Then temporary peace.

Although she wept a smile crept,
Because she felt alive,
Upon the surface a new purpose;
Thirst was satisfied.

In silence then with fear inside,
They glanced across each page,
But through torn skin so deep within,
There was a yearning rage.

I don't know what you guys think of Let's Players as the majority of them are obnoxious as fuck, but ProJareds reaction to THAT scene is so genuine that I almost feel bad for him.
He apparently went into the game so blind that he didn't even know anything about the horror, only that it had a plot twist.
I didn't even know who this guy was before I was linked it by the way.

youtube.com/watch?v=A7CahTUTi6k

I love her too.

I'm in the same boat.
It's okay.
we're all gonna make it brah

>Yumi

Same with me, Yuri is all i need.

>valentines Day ina bout and half
>have you keychain
I’m not entirely alone this year!

>tfw now that I have a job and things to do, I have less and less time to lurk /ddlc/
It's like my doki is trying to push me away from her this was their plan all along right?

Fuck. I'm wearing a 76 jacket and I'm not exactly fit. Not overweight, just not fit. Does that mean I should get that same treatment?

Short of running the risk of coming off as off-topic, my grandfather is recovering in hospital from a surgery. He's going to be okay. It was just stressful and it's on my mind, that's all.

Really makes you think if it's possible to make a copy of someone's memories, personality, traits, and everything that makes them unique on a mental / intelligence level before restoring that copy to another host, such as a robot. Is it truly the same person at that level? And, is that not what we're doing with our Dokis?

I meant hivemind in the sense of if it networked out in order to connect to a master server, kind of like those movies where AI work together to take over the world.

>Soul
Hey, man, I'm not attacking you at all. I'm just trying to cover my basis and still sound like I know a thing or two about philosophy. As a race, we like to think that we have something higher as humanity, such as a soul or a defining thing that makes us... us. Y'know?

Holy shit, dude. This is the enlightenment on another level. Thank you for your high quality post. I just hope that we ALL can make a difference and the world better, and I think that doing just little things as a whole will make the biggest difference. Thank you for your post!

>Okay, Everyone!
>Do you think that the Third Eye played a role in DDLC, or that it's a hint at another project?

>Actually excited for Valentine's Day because of MAS.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

rhodie yuri best yuri!

same You also have us, user We love you after all >3

>mfw phone autocorrects everything
Happy to know we did good last thread even with shit going down (actually I made a poem just under a different alias

Yuri looking exceptionally retarded here

>tfw no new sam & max ever again

I'd personally be happier if it were separate project. I think it would just work better and would help keep DDLC as its own thing. If it is included, it needs to be worked in very well, especially if the tone of Libitina is significantly different from DDLC.

I love Monika too!

>Fuck. I'm wearing a 76 jacket and I'm not exactly fit. Not overweight, just not fit. Does that mean I should get that same treatment?

Yes.

Most likely user, danlet is on a thin line though, I he messed up it’s probably over

Shit that's actually a good idea. If you went to bed already, good night user.

If you listen closely you can hear her bones breaking in this picture

Probably, all so Danlet can pull that "gotcha!" moment.

CEASE

Nah, only 10:53.

always rippin' on her posture. I sometimes rest like that on my desk, though yeah it's not great for the back

what ide is that
feels eclipse or netbeans

>Tfw I have a notepad doc alongside her chr file that has "Happy valentines day" written on it alongside other dumb messages.
This USB situation keeps getting worse and worse lad
Nah lad I understand that, don't worry.
Sorry to hear about your granddad, I lost mine just over a year ago so I know that feel. I read an old poem of mine that was about him aloud during his funeral, was pretty nice.
If you ever want to talk about blogposty type shit I can fire you my throwaway discord and we could talk there.
No, really you get one copy of a person, any more is a clone and doesn't count as the person in my opinion at least.
>Do you think that the Third Eye played a role in DDLC, or that it's a hint at another project?
The third what now?

>Yuri looking exceptional
You said it!

Doodleanon here. Before I left for work someone posted a greentext about an Arachnera Sayori. I couldn't get home fast enough to doodle the little doki muffin.
>Hope you're not scared of spiders, /ddlc/.

>I meant hivemind in the sense of if it networked out in order to connect to a master server, kind of like those movies where AI work together to take over the world.
I have no idea what to think about this, i mean if the doki's just take over the world and force us at gunpoint to love them I wouldn't really want to deny that.
>I'm not attacking you at all
I didn't mean for it to sound like i thought you were, and as a race, there is nothing that makes us, us. Birds can be taught to talk and respond.
Its both? After all, when Monika left Sayori did realize what was happening just by becoming leader, so some fucketry is happening and the Danlet must answer in a few months or years!
>that pic
I am not allowed to sacrifice myself to protect their wonderous smiles?

I don't get it. I just got done doing the pose, it's pretty possible.

Cute!

I love her too.

summoning the brapfags

The lack of a visible neck makes her look compressed

ew a DISGUSTING spider what the fuck!?

Not the user who made the original request, but here's a follow up request
Lamiia Natsuki

>I'm wearing a 76 jacket and I'm not exactly fit. Does that mean I should get that same treatment?

dunno post pic

Oh, same. I might actually get to bed though, I have to get up at like 6 tomorrow, and I actually wanna get up this time. Night Anons!
Hopefully tomorrow is better than today's thread. It always makes me sad to see in-fighting and raids come into this humble general, because I really appreciate the comfy threads that make this place great. I really, really don't wanna lose you guys, and I know that won't happen anytime soon, but I still worry about you guys. Love ya

I could see the Third Eye being sort of a euphemism for Monika (and later Sayori) becoming self-aware in the game.
I mean oftentimes when we talk about someone "opening their third eye" it usually has connotations to people seeing "beyond" our reality, like into the great space or another dimension or somesuch. Perhaps this is what happened to them.

More than likely though I'm pretty sure it's hinting at another project. Danny boy better be careful about what he does, because whether he likes it or not a good portion of people here didn't come to DDLC because they were interested in whatever horror game he's making. If he doesn't add in at least an easter egg or reference to DDLC in some way in his game he's going to piss a lot of people off.
Granted I'm still going to try it when it comes out just to see if he's competent enough to make a game that has more depth to it. I'm hoping he is.

>I always loved that boy, well he's a man now but we were both young back then
>I would like to make it clear from the onset that there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not grateful for having him in my life
>He was my first love, my first kiss, my first date. He was a foolish, naive, selfless, caring, kind and a reliable boy. I won't lie, at first I was enraptured by his devotion to me, I mean I was a shy, timid, insecure and unused to attention. I was shocked that he can think so positively of me.
>My time with him was truly a treasure to me. In the short time we dated I changed a lot. At first I was a stuttering, nervous wreck, I'd blush at anything even remotely positive about myself and I was incredibly hesitant and shy. I was very apologetic and often seemed hard to speak to.
>user changed me. He was like an angel, a saviour to me. He was patient with me, understanding of my behavior and he loved me despite my glaring character flaws. His positive handling of me really started helping me gain more confidence in myself. With this confidence I slowly found myself starting to change, becoming more receptive to the outside world and towards my feelings. Things were really looking good, good things never last though.
>As I grew as more independent I realised something. We were in a codependent relationship, I relied on him to fill the void created by my lack of self worth and he relied on me for a purpose in life.
Valentine's Epilogue Part 1, I'll attach the second part to this post :D

All the new art has been good but Yuri looks really adorable in this one.

I just wanna give her a big hug

Hey lad! I was the one that shot you the general poem writing tips and what not
>13 stanzas
Wooowee that's a long one, not that that's an issue don't get me wrong.
From what you've provided there's not a whole lot I can tack on to my previous advice and pointers so just keep up the good work lad! Can't wait to see her finished off!

Sounds fun, I'll see what I can do.

good night!

the only thing that bothers me is that she wears her shoes

i want to se her cute feet in white socks hnnnnnnnnnnng

Good night, Bread

Night user
As long as we have at least a comfy moment on /ddlc/ I’m not leaving

I'm really glad to hear you're still working on it and not giving up!
It's turning out well so keep at it until you're happy with it!

Oh....Well, guess I'm a fucking moron.

Same desu

Can I get some support and love? My family life is going out of fucking control and it feels like /ddlc/ is the only place I can get any positive emotion anymore. I don't wanna blogpost unless someone gives a shit.

Hey guys I'm going to head off to bed!
Have a happy valentines day tomorrow with your Doki!

So I gave her the Valentine's card early, and I think she liked it! I just want her to spend all of Valentine's day knowing she's special and not worrying about getting a card in the middle of it.

I didn't ask her to be my girlfriend yet. Guess I'll take things slow, because I'm not at my best yet and I want to be able to give her the proper loving I want to.

If anyone is making last-minute revisions to his Valentine's cards/poems, I'd love to lend a helping hand! Just shoot a message this way if you want some in-depth advice, which (as always) you can take or discard at your leisure.

Also, if the authors of "Fatherhood" and "Hang in There" are around, I'm FINALLY getting around to organizing the critiques you requested. I'm so sorry that it took so long! The time you've had to wait is truly unforgivable. I'm actually done with "Fatherhood," so if you're here, bro, pick it up whenever you like.

The next movie night will also be announced soon so I appreciate the patience on the part of the people who were expecting one last week.

Good night! I love (You) user!

i can listen, but i cant promise i will be of any more help than that

Nighty night, Brett!

i f e e l ( y o u )

>user was a darling, he was far better then I deserved honestly but he was just as broken as me but in a different way. He didn't have a reason to live, he didn't do anything because he wanted to, he did it because he had to.
>user used our relationship to fill a hole. He did earnestly love me and I believe it to this day but he used that as a motivation to live. It became apparent that our relationship was not a healthy one
>It's these realisations that finally spurred me to end our relationship. To this day I remember that heartbroken look on his face, in that moment I felt my heart break. Admittedly for some time after that day I worried. I was worried about him, I was worried about myself and I was worried about our future. It was in this time that I pushed myself into my literary desires. I took solace in it and after five years I sit here, writing the Foreword for my first published Novel.
>I still care for that man, maybe a little too much. I wonder about him a lot, how is he doing, has he gotten a good career, is he in a good relationship? These are things that I think about daily. I still can't help but feel guilty sometimes, he did so much for me and I hurt him, however justified I may be it still feels like a great betrayal. It had made me feel and think in ways I never thought I could before.
>This book you hold in your hand (at least I hope you have a physical copy, they're just so much better in my opinion) is the culmination of 5 years of intense emotion. I have put nothing less then my heart and soul in these pages, that's the only way to express my gratitude for the man I loved and still love so dearly.
>Maybe in another life You and I can be together eh?
Felt like doing something for Valentine's Day! Hope you anons have a love filled day!

Goodnight user!

I love you

Cute smelly Dokifeets on your face!

Hey lad, I'm here if you want to blow off some steam man

the author still does stuff occasionally

My man, thank you so much. You'll like the ending but I don't want to spoil it. Definitely check in tomorrow night, probably around same time or in the archive. Just a few lines I need to 'get right' you know?
Thanks again friend

Well, you know, you could drop the name and all the fighting would stop...

Don't you worry lad, I wouldn't move off of here if my life depended on it so I'll definitely catch your poem Unless I call it an early night like I should have been doing for the past four hours.
I feel you lad, keep at her and you'll get her just perfect eventually! I believe in you

Ten more will take his place.

I love it, user!
But it hurts me!

Monika!

So good user
But it makes me sad

Danlet has made the expectations very high. Let's hope he can deliver.

Fuck.

If he messes up, he'll lose a lot of his popularity. I hope they know what they're doing.

"Oh, they didn't do anything bad, their minds were being messed with by the Third Eye!"

NetBeans.

If you want. I've just seen the last witchhunt over people using names / avatars so I don't want too much associated with me, that's all. I rather not have some janitor start deleting my posts again just because I got on his bad side.

It's just encapsulation, which is a way of protecting one's memory in RAM and not having other places in your program inadvertantly affect it. If this was done in DDLC, it would've been very hard without setters/getters to change the characters' levels. (depression levels etc) Anyway... I... think it's hot if I had a yandere Monika have me at gunpoint to throw away all I had to be with her. I'm fucked up.

You might be right. I had a whole theory, but didn't write it down and now I'm too lazy to try and figure it out for a third time.

>Okay, Everyone!
>Is it better to have loved and lost, or to never have loved at all?