/rsg/ Runescape general

previous thread Next Double XP weekend will be between the 23 and 26 February

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,290,65986615
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/return-of-the-mimic-boss
>February's Month Ahead
services.runescape.com/m=news/month-ahead-february-18
>2018's Year Ahead Video
youtube.com/watch?v=k-tYcYJEknQ
>2018's Year Ahead Dev Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=olccC9ACA30

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JagexTimbo/status/963826441447198728
twitter.com/JagexTimbo/status/963839985848864770
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for banned

now you're free.

if only
that is from some auto-clicking last dxp weekend on an alt

Was it worth it?

god i hate soul wars
cabbage facepunch sucks too

overall, I would say it was
made me focus more on my main, and decreased the likelihood of me ever autoclicking again to 0

hol up

Why is DG so boring?

is there any way to get mystery boxes from the current event? I don't mind buying some ching chong tokens if it means i can get some DG tokens.

What are you going to do for Valentine's Day, /rsg/?

sex with my boyfriend after dinner

Seems like there is no way.

Fuck

Because you probably do it alone or with a group that takes it way too seriously to the point no one has fun.

same
what are you making him?

9 again

Not this time

10 a strong word called consignment

strictly for live men, not for freshmen

Is there a guide on what order I should be getting my gear upgraded (eg. weapons/armor/abilites etc.)
I've recently maxed so now I wanna get all my gear up to standard
I have t70 armor for every combat style because I was retarded and neglected ports
I'm pretty sure I have the best in slot ring (surgeon's) but no idea what necklace I should be using
No abilities unlocked besides Tuska's wrath and the essential GWD1 abilities
I have dry maces, t80 attuned crystal staff and I just finished buying my OH asc to my MH
Also don't know if I should skip t80/85 armor and try to go straight for t90

Get all t90 weps first

armor isnt a big difference, get a drider lance and cywir wand/orb

>I have t70 armor for every combat style because I was retarded and neglected ports
t70 is good for slayer ports doesnt matter you want power armor
t90 armor degrades to dust even augmented so t80 is good for general pvm
you wanna get a t88 staff or t90 (also get a drider lance or nox scythe)then get abilities since you have t70 (i assume gwd)
surgeons ring is good get the dg one and for necks reaper and ammy of souls are very good
also youll want to augment the t70 well if it isnt already or get t80 and aug it for pvm if you dont plan on doing much slayer

sorry if my post isnt formatted well or if you need more explanation id be glad to elaborate more if needed

Already have a drider lance and I'll get a cywir wand/orb ty

When you say t80 do you mean nex armour or HoG? or is there not a big difference between the two
forgot to mention I have the dg ring but I'll be sure to get the reaper and ammy of souls
thanks for your help

nex is better than hog only get hog if youre gonna upgrade it then aug it id reccomend just getting nex for now though since you have a lot to buy

>only get hog if youre gonna upgrade it then aug it
Not even then. If you'd consider that then just get t90p armours. ALL of the t90s are cheaper than refined anima up front. And only tectonic costs more hourly.

Unrefined anima core is strictly for non-degradeable autism and levelling for poorfag components Notably zaros for illujankan for aftershock, though that could be done with a lance too.
But refined is 100% outclassed by other things.

>surgeons ring is good
Is ring of death worth it?

>did children of mah yesterday
>everyone bullying Seren
Zamorak and Zaros truly are Worst Gods

Seren made mahjarrats, an incredibly long living race with the sentience and capability to use their lives productively, throw those lives away to keep a fucking retarded, powerful creature alive.
One that did nothing but sleep and dream nightmares, and destroy things when woken up at all. Its existence a torture to itself AND others.
A fucking degenerate is what she is. An incredibly pure example of 'Good intentions are not good enough'. She deserves to be simply killed, at BEST, for acting so strongly on blind parental love alone.
So many wasted lives, so much potential thrown down the drain, so much aggression between them from being forced to kill one another.
It's fucking disgusting.
I can't give a fuck about Zamorak and Zaros when Seren is mentioned. Damn bitch overshadows everything by being that fucking bad.

situational

explain to a retard the difference between wand+orb and staff

>Frindly reminder to wear ultra instinct Shaggy armor instead of Seren. Since he wont drain your life energy to powerup a dying retarded elder god

just got my main back after 2 years because it got hacked. thanks jagex.

what can I do with max melee combat, 50 in everything but fletching which is at 81 and 8m cash?

>tfw i left my combat stats at 80

wand orb has an awful basic ability
staff has a good basic ability

If you're probably going to die risking more than 500k or so. It also has good stats and some minor adrenaline gain for killing things, useful for minions at like spider I guess.

Attack-wise, the differences between the two are simple.
Dual wield's concentrated blast needs cancelled out manually for proper damage output, and gives crit chance to the next ability.
2h's sonic wave works better with revolution, and gives accuracy to the next ability.
Dual wield's fast speed autoattacks will fire off automagically when defensives are used after non-channelling abilities and are not very strong.
2h's average speed autoattacks require waiting for the tick afterwards for the same. Kind of like using snipe.

Dual wield makes shield switching a lot easier.
It's only awful for revolution. It's great for crit chance when cancelled out properly. Should be used before every threshold when possible.

>what can I do
train your skills
do quests
kill stuff

is it worth getting the 3m for a bond?

obviously.

hurry lads

I hope I get banned

>TFW just came back to the game as an oldfag with a 14 year old account
>TFW I love all the new changes and really want to enjoy RS3
>TFW no friends left in the game
What should I do?

add me I'll give u gp if u erp with me
ign : xfemto

join "grindanfc" friend chat and engage in the autism

If Seren didnt do that ALL Mahjarrat would be dead.

No?
They just became mad about power and started going crazy because they thought they had to kill each other.
Before the whole Ritual thing the Mahjarrat civilization structure was a model for others to follow.

come enjoy the mad bants at grindanfc :^)

Seren literally explained that if she didnt do that Mah would've destroyed the entire planet.

That’s because she didn’t want to kill her. She’d rather destroy a whole race instead.

>Before the whole Ritual thing the Mahjarrat civilization structure was a model for others to follow.
When did they ever say anything about what the Mahjarrat were like before the rituals?

Mahjarrat Memories.

Which one?
From what I recall they're all from after they arrived at Gielinor, long after the rituals became a thing.

Then it might be another quest. It was back before Zimzam dis the whole stab Zaros thing.

Yeah, if she kept Mah alive without doing that. Bitch had too much affection for the damned thing to kill it. That's the whole problem.

>destroyed the entire planet
>A barren wasteland where nothing can survive anymore
Oh no what a tragedy, can't have that now can we?

already got the outfit back in 2011

I'm no lorefag, but the Mahjarrat sound like Gary Stus the rest of Gielnor would be better off without.

the dragonkin will deal with them

The entire lot from Freneskae are. Imagine a world without any Mahjarrat or Zaros.
There would be world peace.

>decide today I take the final steps to adulthood and do the fight kiln
>give that asshole my fire cape
>fight back the tears as he rips it in half
>dont want to waste a bunch of time so look up melee guide
>inv this guy has includes grand strength potions
>throw an offer for 10 in ye ol' ge
>doesnt buy even at 200k a potion

What the fuck

>grand strength potions
gamer..

>GRAND POTS
HAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS FUCKING SHITTER
JUST GO BUY A MAGE ARENA CAPE LOL

>grand pots
>meleeing 7 or so jads
good luck mate

>>meleeing 7 or so jads
Not difficult. There's no healers or any special mechanics, they always spawn in predictable locations, and you even have invulnerability crystals for if you fuck up.
Hell, assuming you use a halberd range weapon like scythe or lance you can limit shit back down to range and magic. Though there isn't much reason to.

I mean I'm all for any advice you guys can give. I want the melee cape, so most of the kiln needs to be done with melee. Cut me some slack I've never ran the kiln before.

i personally used range against jad and mages when going for the melee cape.

you don't need to do all with melee
you just need to deal more melee damage overall
mage/range the jads, melee everything else and you're fine

someone is a fucking jew

it's not difficult for someone experienced but this guy seems like he was afraid of doing kiln so I'm not giving him much credit

Noob here, why is it so hard to melee?

It's not difficult for anyone capable of getting a firecape.
Again, there's no healers, spawns are consistent, and you have fuck up crystals to protect you from all damage for 20 seconds. If anyone can make it through fight caves, kiln's jads are nothing but relief from that.
The only possible difficult part is just managing resources with SHIT stats and gear. Throw on obsidian armour and that's never an issue either.
It's not, really. Jads use all 3 styles and can almost 1 hit almost any player by default. But protect/deflect prayers actually block all the damage, so you switch between them.
Being at a distance limits them down to 2 styles, mage and range. Which makes switching prayers simpler.
And again, if you use a halberd range weapon that's not even an issue at all.

because then it can melee you

pretty dead in here
can i get some doings?
im still just divining

So besides Bandos and Verac, does anyone know of any bodies with a big single shoulder? Armor class is irrelevant.

not especially big but
skirmisher
pathfinder

don't critize mah or she will turn into a terrorist

Alright lads I cant kill the spoder I am too much of a brainlet. The fight feels clunky she swipes me too much and that stupid onehit-spider kills me when I do channeled abilities and cant run away

what are the best perks i should put in my nox weapons

dont give up friend, you can do it

don't do channeled abilities when she can spawn a onehit

it's always precise 5 and aftershock 3

P4 EQ2 > P3 EQ2 > P5 + AS3

>p5
look at him, so cute

dont avatarfag as this fish if ur not comped because him burning + that backpack literally means hes a comped rs character
you shitter

>P4 EQ2
not worth the trouble

he asked best perks
p5 isn't the best perk

Why don't the gods just have one big orgy?

>>everyone bullying Seren
As it should be, it's her retarded ass that made the mahjarrat's curse and is the reason gielinor has to suffer their wrath for it.

Not really, pretty much every Mahjarrat quest is about one or more of them getting humiliated/beaten up/killed.

who says they didn't?

zaros won't let anyone else fuck seren and armadyl refuses to fuck zamorak

Also what the fuck has Saradomin been up to?

depends on reclaim cost

he's having a personal orgy with the white knights in falador

trying to fuck with zammy according to the evil dave quest

twitter.com/JagexTimbo/status/963826441447198728
twitter.com/JagexTimbo/status/963839985848864770

nightmare gauntlets: 1/2000 on task, 1/10000 off task
cinderbane gloves: 1/1500 on task, 1/5000 off task

>gloves of passage are now the cheapest of the three

I was wondering why I could get two pairs of celestial handwraps but no nightmare gauntlets anymore.

le early bird

When it hits you that you should have bought a hundred of the fucking nightmare gloves when you had the chance

just kill 1000000 nightmares off task lol