/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Old

>totally forgot charms even exist
Fuck me. I wish there was a website for armor building, this is going to take 10 years to figure out what the best combo is

What is the cap for elemental damage?

Depends on the weapon, if the Element Damage turns Orange then its capped.

IG users, what’s better, catastrophe’s light or the diablos glaive? Is there a better option than these two?

133 hours
HR 14

What arena weld are worth making?

Plenty of nip sites.

What makes Babel lance good? I keep seeing people mentioning it, but I can't figure out what makes it better than backscratcher. Is +20 defense really worth giving up all that sharpness and 23 attack?

Post your callouts that make you feel clever.

Blos. Always blos.

Huntresses

Can you explain why so I understand?

What are some good build paths for bows?
I'm not looking for armor sets, I just want to know what trees are good

Daily reminder to be kind to your palico. Your palico is your best friend. Guard her with your life!

>Can actually get white sharpness with high enough handicraft
>Elementless boost
>High raw

I miss /bbg/, but also really, really don't

It really is a good set. I'm using Xeno for a bit of Power Prolonger instead of the easy access to Max Might.

>Pink Rath GL
>extra round, max level artillery
>Full burst side slash combo loop

I feel powerful. And pretty.

>someone carts
>"?"

Should I go for Attack Up M or Challenger +1 on a Garuga X set?

>he brought the thunder weapon to fight Tobi

>faint
Brb, farcasting.

Forgot pic, of course.

Thanks, sorry, new to the game, only hr 27. When can I expect elementless decos to drop?

>cart in a Black Diablos SOS
>dickhead SA user auto messages "git gud"
>then proceeds to double cart within the next 5 minutes

incredible

sometime between now and never

Geez, now I feel bad. We should just hunt them to extinction and put them out of their misery.

firing a dung pod: "I am a master of Internet Debate"

>cart
>"MY LEG!"

>the Find Elder Dragon tracks quests

Holy shit this is awful. It's not fun in the least but and you're just running around like an idiot for an hour trying to find tracks. I don't want to do this tedious shit, just let me hunt the monster

>tfw selling my OG PS4 to a friend and using the money to get PS4 Pro
Tolerable frame rates here I come

>Done the Zorah mission like ten times.
>Have everything, a truckload of gems which are apparently rare.
>Need one, single ridge and it just refuses to drop.

I....just.....want....the....stupid fucking armor.

I'd argue Barroth Lance is just as good as Babel due to more augment slots but people are using it because Elementless makes it pull ahead of Nergigante.

>mfw I'm not autistic over framerates and am still having on my OG ps4 after 140 hours

Nice.

How does element calculate into a weapon's damage?

>evasion mantle gives 100 attack to my SnS

>25 Teostra kills
>6 gems
>not the two horns I need though, and I make sure to break that shit every time
>Diablos pulling an even better stunt, giving me low rank horns for high rank hunts

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>slaying investigation for Vaal Hazak
>15 minutes
>one cart
>three (3) gold slots
Do I dare to try it lads?

I'm not actually super autistic over it,
I have just over 100 hours but the dude wants a PS4, I wouldn't mind having a PS4 Pro, it works out.

That shit is a million times easier than ??? Rathian tracks. The tracks are almost always in the exact same place, once you find them, you just have to optimize your route. Takes like 4-5 trips each, just travel from one map to the next in a rotation as you do it.
Kushala's tracks are all along the path you would take from the southern track up to Pukei-Pukei's area + one at Rathalos's nest
Teostra's are all near the giant spire and leading down to that arch across the "bridge"
Vaal Hazak's are all where the blue pools of acid are

>Radobaan.jpg

Deep in the end game you can find items that level up or “augment” weapons. For example, you can make a tier 8 orange weapon tier 9. Or you can make a tier 6 weapon into tier 9 if you do it three times. The drops are random and are for specific weapon categories like swords. Doing this is good because low level weapons often have either no element or a hidden element (inactive/greyed out).

Next, there is an equipment skill called non-elemental boost, which increases RAW (physics damage by ~10%). This is better than the attack up skill which is a flat bonus. There are two ways to get this skill. Wear the shitty Diablos 4 piece set, or be a lucker and find the decoration.

>TLDR
After 100+ hours of work playing, if you find 4 very rare items (x3 weapon augments + non-ele boost decoration) BLOS weapons become better than most other endgame options.

What's this? Odo affected by the effluvium in the meat? He permanently stays in this state, but doesn't really have anything new other than visually.

Do it, faggot.

i do tempered vaal in 8 minutes and im not even good

Good on you user, I'm glad you found a good deal.

Why the fuck didn't they just put investigation selection on the quest board with a favorites option? Why the fuck is palico safari locked behind a minute long loadscrean into your house instead of just putting it on the fucking researchers?

are handicraft gems a level 2 or 3 gem?

CR35, solo'd every monster except Nerg. Is there anything left to do after that? I failed his mission four times already so if that's it I'm not sure I'll bother. Clownsuits have no appeal to me and I'm not sure grinding decos is worth it if I can already beat the monsters.

which weapom?

Thanks I was trying to figure out why Elementless was a meme around here and I wasn’t exactly sure since blos armor didn’t seem that great.

Just reached 49 and got the quest to slay a tempered Kirin. I heard that doing it right away was a bad idea, why is that?

Why does my poogie hate me brehs? I've been trying to pet him for over 2 weeks and he still knocks me over

Others cart
Cart again, I dare you, I double dare you.

I cart
Need a rez

I mount
I'm number 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 147

SA

level 3

You can use the Tempered Kirins tracks to get a backlog of Tempered Elder investigations since it's an Assigned Quest, however once it's done then it's gone and you have to go into expeditions and just pray.
Get like 5-10 Tempered ED Investigations then clear it.

Following it around and collecting tempered kirin tracks unlocks more tempered elder investigations for you, and those are the endgame grinds. It will be a little more tedious to easily obtain tempered elder tracks once you've done the kirin quest.

>wasting decorations/charm slot on handicraft

no thanks

She has nothing to fear, she stays inside all day

Post set. I forgot to save it when I had the chance.

>lance with guard skill
Feels so cheesy being almost invincible.
Also how the hell do you get nergigante investigations? Fought him several times and picked up his tracks but still nothing.

OK, just googled Elementless. Did not know that was a thing. Thanks, user.

>this is fine

Is there a definitive weapon IQ list?

>or be a lucker and find the decoration.
I've got piles upon piles of NEB decos; they really aren't rare at all.

cheers.
so I might as well get kushala alpha then.

I didn't get any investigations while farming him, then went on and killed next 3 elder dragons and wound up getting one for him during that time. No idea why or how, but if you haven't done that yet maybe try it out.

Brainlet Tier:
[Weapon you use]
Genius Tier:
[Weapon I use]

Elder Dragon investigations just kinda pop up randomly in my experience.
Honestly feels like a glitch.

Kirin

How many quests are there in total? Are there a ton of side quests I'll have to do eventually?

Yuo see the red represents the pure concentrated angery flowing through his form since there's no large monsters around for him to molest

Are phial explosions not effected by sharpness level?

>no crit boost

>phials
>crit
???

Do monsters heal when they're in the AoE of vigor wasps/vitalillies?

Going from melee to hbg for the first time. What skills should I use for a hbg?

Is this a good set for the Tyrannis glaive?

Attack 7
Exploit 3
Speed Sharpening 2
Flinch Free 2
Crit Boost 1
Prolonger 1
Protective Polish
Non-Element Boost

the melee weapon skill

you want handicraft 3 with diablos weapons that aren't CB for the bee's dick of white. otherwise drop protective polish, its useless without the white.

Hot
Brown
Kirin
SLUTS

stop giving your cat slut armor

sorry handicraft 4**

WTT 5 Elementless or Tenderizing decos for 2 friendship decos
seriously where the fuck do these drop

Why not on CB?

*sneezes in your path*

>that face
god fuck, that is terrifying

Phials are all powered by Raw.
Sharpness and crits don't matter as much on CB when you can give yourself more raw.

will someone host kirin for me so I can unlock the quest? I need kirin parts for my free element kushla set. running full kush armor with diablos n free element charm. after the upgrade ill have 160 ice ontop of the raw but I need 1 last point. is there a free element gem that is lvl 1 or 2?

Anyone figure out decoration sniping yet? I noticed that when you save scum and do a quest to reset your deco table it doesn't just randomize it, it seems it just moves forward one cycle. IE if you meld 2 sets of 3 charms, save scum, do a quest, then meld again, your original first meld will have been recycled and your original second meld will be your new first meld.

>Deep in the end game you can find items that level up or “augment” weapons
Am I going to get notified somehow when I get one of these. A new tutorial or anything?

'Cause I've got a fuckload of Streamstones, but I don't know how to tell if I've ever picked up one for a weapon or armor.