/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art, music & discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1206 - Valentine's Day Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Sonic is fast!

Happy valentine's day /sthg/!

I fucking hate you all.

It's Valentine's day, post foxes and plants

It is sad I have to read fanfiction to get something closer to the games, but whatever.
Hopefully IDW will be different.

sa1 and 06 are literally the same game and silver killed the franchise with his bare hands

Thread theme, I guess

>My time to shine

It's Wednesday, my dudes.

spend 5 hours sketching and 8 hours inking, just needs colors now. Really hope not to spend quite so much time on future pages but I was mostly trying to go all out with this page as a personal experiment.

You absolute madman.

Huh. Solid work on the inks

Yay

As a comic maker what do you think of the Archie comics and the upcoming IDW stuff.
There is a lot of fans here, but we have to contend with the influx of gamefags that don't really respect them.

Watch it piss off both fanbases because that's all Sega's good at.

Sonadow~

All the inks were done by brush.

It already has.

I don't know why your brother kept saying you should be on IDW. I'm really not seeing it.

Great art alone won't get you hired by IDW, AAR.

Well I ended up finding this SUV fun to drive, so some good came out of it.

I feel like IDW is going to disappoint both parties ultimately, it's likely not going to be what the game fans were hoping for but I imagine Archie fans will be disappointed too, I blame the mandates in big part, I think the end product is going to be some ok but ultimately severely hamstrung comics.

and she doesnt even have that much

Love the detail in the backgrounds.

Most of her art is great, what are you talking about?

He probably isn't a fan of her work. Inb4 the whole thread is a shitfest over her

Who else likes this Ship?

We get it, Topaz is a lesbian furry

It is too bad /sthg/ can't into constructive criticism.

giftu

I can & other anons have in the past, but it's real easy for an user to just ruin a whole thread from shitposting.

Cute

its ok at best
>/sthg/
discord

more canon than sonadow

Unironically this

How many of my Archie Sonic bros /going to boycott IDW Sonic/?

What are your thoughts on Green Hill Zone?

whos the oc? is this even sonic related?

Almost everyone from Archiefags to none are just gonna wait until April. Now can we please give this "ree about IDW" stuff a rest?

Underrepresented

Go back to /mmg/ already

Why, it's my favorite zone in the series. I just wish we saw it more often.

It's simplicity is both it's strength and it's flaw.

i cant, lan killed it by not making any more threads

It's looking more like Sand Hill

whatever u say ian

It's looking a lot more like meme hill these days.

Will Reborn be /ourcomic/?

TGT is already /Our Comic/

It already is. AAR is /our girl/ and the uncontested queen of /sthg/.

TGT is an outdated meme. AAR is the new hotness!

AAR is cute! Cute!

We don't have influence in its development.

I'm confused, is Sonic Team USA back or not?

We get it user, you're obsessed with AAR. Can you not do this shit everytime she posts something?

Seriously. You'd think he'd get sick of his garbage shitposts by now when no one joins in but whatever.

But she is a fantastic artist and has the ambition to come up with her own massive projects.

She is the drawfag equivalent of GHPAnon or Light of Hope user.

We get it, you hate content creators. Can you stop now please?

>drawfag-shills
>anti drawfag-shills

tune in March 16 :^)

no

>shills

the road needs some sort of a texture. It's a clean void of white when you've put so much immaculate hatching on things like windows. Same for the building walls. Details are far too dense in some places and completely barren in others. In the first panel the figure doesn't stand out because the eye is immediately drawn to the giant void of white. Don't just put details for details' sake, use them to guide the eyes.

Are you an artist?

fucking get over it you sperg

It isn't finished being colored.

SEGASammy's financial report for 2017 lists Sonic under North American Studios, however Sonic Team is a Japanese Studio, as shown by Puyo Puyo being under Domestic and Asian Studios. Recently a significant amount of documents related to Sonic in four large boxes were sent to SEGA of America according to Aaron on twitter. People are theorizing that Sonic Team USA might be getting revived, however there isn't enough evidence to support it.

Thanks a bunch for the info

yes

Which one?

I could tell. It hasn't been colored yet.

That's not relevant to the critique. The compositional flaws won't change with color. Even if the goal is to fill those giant empty spaces with some sort of digital texture in the coloring process they'll still stand out due the difference in line density.

Yeah, but eh, it's happened before with other people before.

I don't mind people showing appreciation for any anons work, so long as they don't try to start shit with other folks in this general.

Having a bright pink woman against a background of dark muted nighttime colors will definitely make a difference.

Pablo Picasso biiiiiiitch

Show us your art so we can see how much you deserve to critique AAR's.

Stop making excuses and take the feedback, jesus christ. It was sound advice.

Those are important details, not excuses. The artwork isn't finished yet.

You don't get to decide how "great" your own advice was.

Can we not derail this thread so early over this shit, please?

Fucking grow up. If you can't take legitimate constructive critique without being a defensive baby about it you're going to stay mediocre. The critique wasn't damning or insulting it was legitimate technique-oriented feedback. Get your head out of your ass.

I wasn't the user giving advice, it's just accurate. Don't post artwork here if you're not willing to take actual legitimate feedback. With this kind of attitude everyone might as well keep saying "shit sucks, get good", fucking hell.

Since today is a day all about love, post some Sonic pics you really love

all I pointed out is the different color contrast makes, also much of the lines point towards Amy or her side of the page, I get what you're saying but color does make a difference and dark black concrete isn't going to have the same visual effect of open white space. I get what you're saying but this is hardly justification to redraw the entire page over, it's a minor problem if at all. But I'll take such things under advisement in the future if it really bothers you so much. It's one frame on one page.

Does AAR literally bring a bunch of ass-kissing sycophants in when they post? This shit isn't even subtle.

user, don't. We don't need another thread filled with shitposting & arguing over AAR.