/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
In the 3DS games, create or find a Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HU4R1WM-Gkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for SLUTICOS

WHERE'S THE LOCALIZATION, CAPCOM

youtube.com/watch?v=HU4R1WM-Gkk
I'm falling in love with this theme, help

>fuck up Bristly chicken capture and get the baitbug behind it instead

Post those weapon stats.

>Wide SnS "healer" that keeps on chugging potions and mushrooms all day and doesn't attack the monster
>Corner horner that hits the monster once in a fight and spam heal S songs thinking that stops carts instead of just luring the monster away
>Gunner that stays a mile away from the monster pestering it with 1 dmg shots
>No one brings Para weapons, extra traps or even spamming flash bombs so the monster doesn't do its dangerous moves
>"look user i'm gold in buffs and shinies see how i'm helping!"
I'm grateful I don't need to deal with shit like this with this game being Village Everything
Just fucking lock the monster with that fucking 300 Para SnS and smack its face and you're helping already, no need for that fancy shit

why does this game's paralyzing DBs have only 90 element what the fuck

does lbg/hbg ammo do blunt damage?

what skills for blasto gunlance?

guard, blast attack, and ??? anything else?

sticky does KO damage
as do the melee attacks

Berate me senpai

What should I do with the golden tickets from the weekly?

assuming you are talking about the zorah GL, artillery 3

>No time on swaxe and charge blade
>only a little time on funlance

Do you not like to blow shit up? what are you, gay? I admire your versatility.

>just entered high rank, looking for tracks
>kill a great jagras in the forest, start fighting a rathian
>break the face and cut off the tail
>rathalos shows up
>dung him, he flies away
>comes back 20 seconds later
>fuck, dung again, flies away, comes back
>rathian runs, I follow and rathalos leaves me alone
>fighting her in the open, anajath shows up
>bullies her for a bit, then dung him, do more damage to her
>she goes to the nest to sleep, fast travel to the camp and run up
>sleep bomb her, dead
>rathalos comes up, carts me from out of nowhere
>just started HR, armor is still weak
>go back, dung him, he flies a short distance away then pulls a uturn and comes right back
>for 20 dung balls
>by the time he leaves the rathalos corpse disappeared, didn't get any carves off of it

think it's time for a break

Lance main here. Should I farm Vaal Hazak so I can craft a Love's Sorrow in honor of this horrible day?

Yes

>It's nearly impossible to fight in it's swampy home
>use water element weapons to slowly chip away at its hardened mud armour
>the water weapons that you can only get by killing him first
:|

trade in for rare gems. that's the only purpose that i can see so far

So what's the highest damage play with dual blades when the monster's asleep?

Those 29 funlance hunts happened within the last 35 hunts or so. I have just found the way of blowing shit up.

Yeah ancient forest becomes a fuck fest in HR, between the power couple and basil juice you'll often find yourself physically pushed to the walls of an area by their bodies. And good luck hunting a rathian or rathalos without their spouse showing up.

>Waterproof mantle unlock
>Only after you've beaten both jyuratudos and legiana

you can find watermoss all over the area, brainlet

mega barrel bombs, of course

It's right fuckin' here.

Bitch.

Oh fuck you're right I could upgrade my Nergi weapon with that.. though nergi is so easy that I feel bad using a ticket for a gem.

Should probably just save it.

52 atk or 20 affinity for hammer augments

What is the best Palico gadget?

i am

artillery 3, guard, blast attack. got it.
l

>literally one level of aquatic expert negates water slough
>a single shot of watermoss breaks it's armor.

Wow what did they mean by this?

blunderblade

Is the old hit and run playstyle for GS still viable with skills like Crit Draw and Crit Boost in MHW, or do i want to get out as many True Charges as possible?

Also, how vital is Focus? Was it always just 20%? Pretty sure it used to be 30%.

GaijinHunter cucked us permanently into High Rank.

Meowlotov Cocktail

sorry for the stupid question but how do you light up the barrel bombs if using a melee weapon so I won't get hit by the explosion?

>Nothing personnel

>mount it with zero sum discharge while fishy is applying its mud armor
>camera shits itself any my character gets repeatedly dunked in and out of water
IN THE MUD AND SINKING DEEPER

>20 affinity
The second affinity augment is only 5%

shoot a rock at it

place one bomb as close as you can to the monster, turn to your side and place the second slightly away from the monster, walk over to the farthest away bomb and place a small barrel bomb slightly away from that one.

perfect bomb wakeup

Max range poke into roll or use a small bomb to hit the large ones but not hit the monster.

a small barrel bomb is set on a 3 second fuse, or you could hit the bomb with any slinger ammo.

explosive friendly fire is pretty negligible for damage anyway, you just save yourself some stun.

Best Lances?

What makes you think that there's a way to not get hit by barrel bombs if you fucking hit them with your melee weapon?

You're supposed to trigger them from safe distance like with slinger ammo or small barrel bombs, brainlet. Or you can Foresight Slash out of it or use Evade Up

backscratcher

Artillery 3 and capacity up

Use your brain for once. It's really not hard to figure out this games weapon tree

Kirin

Just hit them with your melee weapon

any strategies against a rathian using sns? i keep my shit getting pushed in. can i even cut her tail with my rinky dink weapon?

barroth is alright, pretty good raw and can be boosted with non-element deco

I want to seal that elder

Small barrel bomb

spam backhop

You're much more mobile than her, so targeting her massively weak head and dodging when needed shouldn't ever be a problem.
>can i even cut her tail with my rinky dink weapon?
You most certainly can cut it... if you can reach it.
If you don't - go for the legs, trip her and target the tail when she's knocked down.

when she lands from the blackflip you have free time with her tail
dont forget you can roll back anytime now

pls respond lads

Sorry, SnS can't hit weakzones

>Those same DBs have their status dormant as well
>Even the Sleep ones

Considering MH4U was effectively status city, I suppose they really tried dialing it down by giving DBs shitty status options in Gen/XX and it's been like that since. But goddamn that's harsh, even after making status harder to apply in multiplayer.

Pretty sure Focus has always been 20%.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>gamefaqs thread bitching about how impossible tempered kirin is even with a bow
>I did it second try
So am I just so much better than the average fuckstick or is it just his improperly calibrated brightness settings not letting him see the fucking aoe lightning because thats the only way I could imagine someone failing at kirin so many times they call him impossible. Sure it took me 20 minutes but thats not a bad time right?

so i just shield smash her head and try to trip her and when she falls down try to cut the tail?
Should I go for a raw damage sns or a thunder one?

It's all about the True Charge. Even with both Crit and Punishing Draw, your Draw Charge will deal less than the second charge. Remember that if you actually attack with the second swing instead of tackling, your True Charge will only take two steps to charge instead of three.
I recall Focus always being 20% but it is still vital.

I admire your dedication.

It is a pretty bad time but I suppose his horn is such a tiny hitzone that a lot of your arrows are missing.

>plant 3 herbs no fertilizer in Freedom
>get 3 dobiscus
Fuck. Give me back my luck! I've got like 50 of these already; I don't want to spend it on this bullshit.

I don't even know what I'm doing anymore...

I was using a lbg actually. And some of my shots were just randomly doing 0 instead of hitting.

When he is really fucking mad, everything but his horn takes 0 damage or bounces.

I've never really messed around with Sword and Board in previous games, largely because it feels like I'm not doing anything. Ignoring the Raw Jagras stuff, what's a good one to build up to?
Does the wide range + mushroomancy combo work well with it, or is it pretty much a meme?

I got it first try with bow no problem
I only died once because I ran out of mega potion and tried to craft mid fight. Every other carted me more first try. Kush, xeno, and nerg actually triple arted me once or twice

Viable for some monsters, but true charge is more damaging and honestly a lot more fun

Wow Bdiablos is a fucking pain in the cock to fight in melee

90% of it is spend underground or running past you for a few hundred metres. How do I keep it in its tracks?

Traps are fucking useless because it has a huge hitpool and the stupid game only gives me one of each - shock and pitfal

If you can manage a KO, that's good, but it's different from tripping. Tripping happen when you hit the stagger limit on the legs, not KO on the head.
Although the result is virtually the same - the monster squirming on the ground helpless.
As for the damage type, I'm a raw advocate, even on fast weapons like DB and SnS. Sure, they benefit more from element, but higher raw is still more important. Thankfully in World though the situation for element has improved slightly, because most weapon paths have the same raw with a different element. Until the endgame, when raw finally trumps all.

That horse looking motherfucker.

I surpassed that quite a bit ago but it's basically the same with a bigger number.
I don't know what it is, but no weapon has ever felt "right" to me other than GS.

True charge is where the bulk of the damage is now (200+ MV vs draw and strong now around the 90's), only further reinforced with how Weakness Exploit still working like it did in P3rd and Generations/XX. Focus is still useful, even if you want to tackle cancel a Lv3 you can chain it into a Lv3 leaping wide slash that actually does a bit more than a strong charge.

Critical Boost itself is actually rare, don't worry about that skill too much until you win the decoration lottery for one.

I have become le stéréotype

Hey, who wants to go alien hunting with me? HR Xeno waiting for YOU to come kill it with me since this game is getting boring solo. 6Mw2FxKnQJb3

Bdiablos is a pain for every class, especially tempered

That's a big horse

cute

>RRRumble in the desert quest
>fire SOS
>kill normal diablos right after two japanese join
>another one joins
>they all run around the map while I beat black diablos to a pulp
>2 minutes later, no one there still
>kick everyone, fed up

anyone else feel like people are leeching at times? I mean just how long can you take when I unlocked all the camps?

It is hard for a weapon to feel right if you never use them. But I agree GS feels great in this game.

4 ultimate

No, Bdiablos only has one variation for bow users - it turns during its charge.

That's literally it, the whole fight is a bullrush where you pepper it with arrows and dodge its shit.

that's a big kirin

how does the garon lance with non-elem compare to nerg?

im gonna do it anyway

>Does the wide range + mushroomancy combo work well with it, or is it pretty much a meme?
It's pretty much retarded to waste your build on support. Don't be "that guy" user. Spec for damage and contribute.

Why the FUCK would you think support is good? If your team is losing, your support isn't gonna be the factor that turns it around and if they're winning, you're basically just getting carried and nobody needs your support at all.

I've had instances of nips carting hard but none leeching surprisingly

How do you know if you got the killing blow?