Gamescom '17 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=_6veBz299dw

AC7 Info:
pastebin.com/SWN1R7tj

AC:I:

AC:I closure on March 31st.
playstationlifestyle.net/2017/12/08/ace-combat-infinity-will-closed-march-2018/

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

In other news:
Project Wingman: rb-d2.tumblr.com/
Open Horizon: zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/
Razgriz Patch Guy: strangerealpatches.storenvy.com/
RPG Logs: pastebin.com/m7WgAifw
Old OP: pastebin.com/whkD5Wmh

Because it bears repeating:
>HD Collection never (ever).
>Don't let it die.

Threadly reminder to draw for the collage! Draw your planefu, put effort into it, and it will be added right in!
imgur.com/a/8zpGk
The only rules are:
>it must be black and white, no shading
>it must fly from left to right
>you MUST have fun while drawing. It's the most important part!
Don't be afraid to ask for help. We'll always offer some advice if you need it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiservice_tactical_brevity_code
youtube.com/watch?v=jn_5LnCKrQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Happy Valentine's day, everyone. And even if you've yet to find romance, go spend time with friends, eat discount chocolate and watch a stupid movie.

Or just fly an extra-special mission with your Planefu.

Threadly reminder to draw for the collage! Draw your planefu, put effort into it, and it will be added right in may take several months please understand
Absolutely ZERO skill required. Just enjoy yourself and do your best.

The only rules are:
>it must be black and white, no shading
>it must fly from left to right
>you MUST have fun while drawing. It's the most important part!
Don't be afraid to ask for help. We'll always offer some advice if you need it.

Awaiting that entry by the F-22 buddy from last thread

Happy Valentines day, buddies! What have you done today?
>he put the reminder in the OP
Based.
The fact that no one has caught my eye worries me a bit.

As I post it I realize Tom put it in the OP. Good thinking

Since last thread went radar and ECM heavy, here's best jammer:

>spoiler
Just accept that you are married to the sky now. Aviation is a powerful illness.

Let's start this thread off with a little quiz.
Let's see how well you guys would function over the radio.

WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP, accurately explain the meaning of as many of these brevity codes as you can.

>Angels
>Cherubs
>Bandit
>Bogey
>Bent
>Bingo
>Blind
>Delta
>Firewall
>Buster
>Candygram
>Azimuth
>Deadeye
>Hotdog
>Maddog
>Outlaw
>Playtime
>Rifle
>Shooter
>Spike
>Squawk
>Tumbleweed
>Vampire
>Victor
>Winchester
>Confetti

The fact that everyone who caught my eye went lesbian worries me a bit.
Luckily planes are always there for you.

>not WW2 german codes
Fuck

>Rifle
AG missile fired
>Angels
Altitude in 1000s of ft
>Bingo
Low fuel? Bingo fuel is in my head
>Winchester
Out of ammo
>Bogey
Unknown contact
>Bandit
Enemy contact

Or reverse on the last two I dont remember

>Angels
Altitude in thousands of feet
>Cherubs
Altitude in hundreds
>Bandit
Unidentified contact
>Bogey
Confirmed hostile
>Bent
Broken
>Bingo
Time to RTB to refuel
>Firewall
Max throttle. I think
>Azimuth
Angle of heading
>Rifle
ATGM launch. Or maybe AShM
>Spike
Being hit by radar
>Vampire
Incoming AShM
>Winchester
Out of ammo
>Confetti
Chaff. Probably

>Bandit: Enemy
>Bogey: Missile
>Blind: I imagine literally blind
That's all I got

>>Angels
Thousands of feet
>>Cherubs
Hundreds of feet
>>Bandit
Confirmed hostile
>>Bogey
Unconfirmed, possible hostile
>>Bent
Broken
>>Bingo
Hit
>>Blind
Dos Gringos can explain it better than I can
>>Delta
>>Firewall
>>Buster
>>Candygram
>>Azimuth
>>Deadeye
>>Hotdog
>>Maddog
>>Outlaw
>>Playtime
>>Rifle
>>Shooter
>>Spike
Lock
>>Squawk
>>Tumbleweed
>>Vampire
>>Victor
>>Winchester
Out of ammunition
>>Confetti
>spoiler
That's really unfortunate, buddy. The only one I really liked turned out to be a M A S S I V E whore and opportunist. She could at least have bothered to tell me before I asked for a date.

>Angels and Cherubs
Altitude in hundreds of feet, with cherubs being below 1000.
>Bandit
Enemy target
>Bogey
Unknown Target
>Blind
No radar
>Azimuth
Angle of target in relation to aircraft nose
>Playtime
Engage Enemy
>Spike
Radar Contact
>Squawk
Transponder Code
>Confetti
Chaff

>squawk
Didnt see that. if it is the same as regular RTF that means to set your transponder to the number after it

>shooter
shooting aircraft of a flight
>Confetti
chaff ? i'm not sure

i mean i know where to look it up ... but you said without

>Candygram
Bullshit, you’re making that up

Add Pickle to the list.

>Maddog
It's an AMRAAM fire without radar lock.

That's fine. Rushing into it because you're 'supposed' to is a good way to end up unfulfilled. You'll sort it out eventually.
Unfortunate, but keep your chin up. It almost certainly isn't about you.

>AMRAAM fire without radar lock
Is that in a "Whoops I messed up" sort of way or is that a thing people would do intentionally?

I usually kill Excalibur with unguided XMAAs so I think thst it is a valid combat stratgy IRL too

I believe, may be wrong here, that the AMRAAM can be fired in a direction and then the internal homing should find a target.

I remember hearing the term a while ago in a documentary but can't remember why.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiservice_tactical_brevity_code

I checked all of these before posting.

>Azimuth
AFAIK, that's not a brevity code, it's a term for heading in navigation, usually in naval context. "At all azimuths" means in all directions, for instance.
>Angels
Altitude indicated by the amount of angels by the thousands.
>Cherubs
>Bandit
Unconfirmed hostile
>Bogey
Confirmed hostile
>Bingo
RTB to refuel
>Blind
Jammed
>Firewall
Afterburners or full throttle
>Rifle
GA lock
>Spike
AA lock
>Winchester
Out of ammo?
>Confetti
Chaff?
>tfw one of the last few bachelors in my high school "promotion"
I'll have time enough for love later. Or I'll fit in the time if it happens sooner than that.

>forgot to delete cherubs
For the record I have no idea what they stand for.

>tfw just remembered today is Valentine's Day

I know many of you are probably bummed out because of this holiday, but don't let it drag you down. Don't fool yourself into believing that you need a significant other to be happy. Something that gets overlooked a lot is the fact of how important it is to love yourself and believe in yourself as much as you might love anyone else. It's an easy thing to ignore the romantic (or lack thereof) most of the time, but when basically confronted by it on days like today, it can be seriously tough. Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't. Some things take longer than others. I don't know why it's like that, it just is. It is what it is. It'll happen, trust me. It'll happen.
Remember, you can always talk to us on /aceg/, we're a team. Eat food you like,
watch the movies you enjoy, get some sleep and take care of yourself.
To quote the real Tom Brady, "If you don't believe in yourself, who will?"

Cherub is altitude in hundreds of feet.

>Tom gives a motivational speech
Good shit
And if you don't believe in yourself,
believe in the me that believe's in you!

>ywn be good at giving pep talks
why live

Fucking this
The other big important thing is to never rush into relationships or dating becuase you just 'feel' like you have to. That's how you end up with shitty people in a shitty place and get stuck there becuase "but im in a relationship, doesnt that mean i made it?".

Love yourself, buddy, and if you find someone who means something to you then you ask her if she wants to fly planes with you. Dont accept something shitty just because society acts like you should be with someone.
Every man and woman in this thread is my buddy and if I could buy you a drink this valentines day I would.

>be depressed on valentines day
>strangers on the internet make you feel a little better about it

/aceg/ is literally the best general, you can't tell me otherwise

We should have a stream today where we all just hang out together and chat.

>Eat food you like, watch the movies you enjoy, get some sleep and take care of yourself.
Cannot stress this enough. Please take care of yourself /aceg/.

Lock after launch is a thing I think

So do you think the pilot stick works on girls?

Good speech as usual.
I've stopped caring ages ago. Sounds a bit harsh perhaps but I got no better word. If it happens it happens, if not I got more time to fly and do other shit that I enjoy
But there is this tiny fear that it will haunt me once it is too late.

Well said. I'd fly with you lot anytime.
That is I really wish that once I have my license I could offer you all flights.

I'm writing an exam tomorrow, so no love in the air over here.
But if anybody needs to empty their heart, I'll be here to listen and try to make it a little better.

Prime advice right there, buddies. Sometimes one just feels lonely, though.
Societal "imperatives" are poison to the mind, only go along with them after you give them thought.
Maybe going against them could make living difficult but having an understanding is better than being blind (say you have problems with laws you don't think are sensible). However romantic relationships aren't something you need in order to survive or consider yourself succesful. Understand people are just trying to get you to conform to a preconceived notion and take your time to fulfil it or ignore it.
Also: don't be so demeaning to yourself that you require another person to have worth. Doesn't apply to everyone, but I have a friend that believes that he's a waste of air for not getting a girlfriend.
I'm constantly ushered by relatives to try and be more social, go out with friends but I'm an introvert, I'm just too warry of other people or about spilling the proverbial spaghettis. I ain't phoning no one to avoid that. My parents and sister know me well, but my aunt is dead set.
>13 successive hours at college tomorrow
One wonders where lovebirds find the time, amirite?

>buddies legitimately watch out for and take care of each other
This is why I come here.

>spoiler #2
I can relate my man. That shit gets annoying after a while.

>friend
Are you me? I got the same guy. And I cant explain to him why it never bothered me all that much or at all.

>13h
Good luck

>when do lovebirds find the time
Not in university, that's what I know.

Idk, I just kinda wish I had somebody close to me you know, to be cute together and have fun and somebody who really understands me. And, let's be honest here, to have sex with. I'm certainly not wanting to become a wizard. And yes, it's down to pure unromantic biological desires, so I can't even deny it.

Both the outlook and the worry are completely understandable. But either way, it's as it's been said in the thread- it should never be forced. Let the flight lift your heart in the meantime.

That's what it means to be a wingman.

And occasionally youtube.com/watch?v=jn_5LnCKrQo

So is Brady like the thread motivator now?
Fine with me, he's good at it.

How does dating even work as adults? I've been lucky enough to be with mine since before high school. It seems like you have a lot more fun options but the social cost of asking someone out is higher.

>But there is this tiny fear that it will haunt me once it is too late.
Well, everyone has that, it's natural and sadly not much can be done about that.
But on the other hand, it's better alone than in bad company.
I've seen too many people throwing themselves into the tar pit that bad relationships are just out of mutual fear of being alone.
fear I can compltely understand,
since I had been close to that shit
At least I have my cats

How the HECC was Nagase able to fend off a squad of soldiers (presumably) with rifles when she just had a handgun and a wounded helicopter crew in tow?

Not just that, finding someone who is okay with spending time with a stranger is a lot harder too.

>shit gets annoying
Imagine being in a family dinner and granma asks you if you've finally (emphasis on that) gotten a girlfriend. While the uncle that recently got dumped by his third one in about three years is at the table.
>someone you can connect with
That'd be ideal. Someone you can act like yourself with to the point that if someone enters the room you're in they'll leave think "what a bunch of weirdos".
>spoiler
When I'm at my loneliest, it's usually accompained by such carnal cravings. I'm a healthy man, no shame about it. I occasionally draw lewds (haven't in a while actually, thinking about it), rationalizing it's good anatomy practice (which it is), but libido is more than likely the main driving force.
>facedrag user is the airbase "cat buddy"
My aunt was a "cat lady" until she ended up going out with a classmate from college. Life takes unexpected turns.

She was the best in survival training? Of the squad she had only the last members at gunpoint. Everyone else in the squad died to Vietnam War styled traps in the forrest.

Oh yeah no doubt, forcing shit can't work out. And there is no point.
But as has been said multiple times, in the end you just have to enjoy yourself and be happy.

She remembered the basics of CQC, obviously.

That is pretty bad. I get fake threats about them making me a dating site profile.

>spoiler
Well you know how it goes. Love is finding someone with the same brain damage as you.
And drawing lewds is probably just a regular artist thing

FUCK

>facedrag user is the airbase "cat buddy"
Probably because everyone in family had cats as I grew up, I was always a cat magnet since childhood. Now if that would have been a pussy magnet as well.
At least you get a lot of bonus points with people if you can draw out cats to pet them like a snake charmer.

>tfw not depressed about valentine's day because brazilians don't even celebrate that on february 14th

nice feeling. Also

>tfw only 14 more days until I can find some closure about that girl

Patience, buddy. Patience.

Hang on, does the export release give you an aircraft selection?

>tfw have to add a cat-id-not-in-or-on-the-aircraft check to the walk around
Always had to check the car for mine

Yeah, by the end of the game you all the planes in the game to choose from, minus the AI planes and the special mission planes.

>Tom and the buddies are always ready to motivate and help
Best general. Warms my heart.
I don't know why, but literally nobody has managed to really catch my attention. They just aren't interesting, and I'm not exactly a charming fellow, anyway.

I widh the JP one didn't lock you into some.But I guess it makes sensefor the stories.

From my xperience it's just straight up harder to meet people.
When you're younger, you have school and college and university. When you're grown, its harder to do. Especially since like, peeople dont do 'hobby groups' or the like so much anymore, you know?

It's ridiculous that as a dyke I actually have it somewhat easier in that way - there's lesbian specific groups floating around, and that's how I lucked out into meeting my gf.

For heteros there's dating services of course, but idk, those always seemed weirdly... clinical? I dont know if im putting that right.

/aceg/, w-will you be my Valentine...?

>tfw met a girl at my uni, talked to her a couple of times, we quickly managed to get along
>i'll finally meet her again next week because new semester
It's the first time a girl instantly makes me feel like I already knew her for a long time. I'm probably just making things up because I really like her, but whatever

There, that's something to build on. Just follow 's advice, and play your hand carefully, but don't stress out about it. Just be cool. BE YOURSELF

You know it buddy

yuri aces when?

Thanks guys
I've been here for something more than a year and I still think this is the best place here

Good luck, buddy! Remember, it's not a bloody act. You aren't playing a part, so relax and do as said.

Yuri was already an ace, user.

>hobby groups
I mean there is if you count things like flying clubs and ranges et al. But the age gap is much larger than in school in most of those

Reminds me that I havent heard in ages from some guy who was a good buddy in ground school. I'll have to contact that fucker again

Sure.
What now?

I don't know why these games do this. But it is great.

>Angels
every 1000 ft of altitude
>Bandit
enemy contact
>bogey
unidentified contact
>bingo
enemy hit/RTB (although that'd be bingo fuel, wouldn't it?)
>azimuth
compass bearing
>maddog
active radar homing missile launched without a lock on target
>rifle
air to ground guided munition
>squawk
something related to the IFF? Identification of the plane
>vampire
air launched anti-ship missile
>winchester
out of ammo

>what now?
I didn't plan ahead this far

Oh definitely, i dont mean that they dont exist at all.
They do exist, but i feel like they somewhat went out of vogue, as it were?

That and what few ones I know of are pretty heavily balanced towards guys. Which would probably make it kinda hard for the average guy to meet prospectives partners at them, deliberately or otherwise.

>squawk
It's the transponder code. If ATC says Squawk 5437 you set that on your transponder.

7000 is the normal setting
7500 highjacking (7-5 man with a knife)
7600 radio failure (7-6 hear nix, that one doesn't work too well in english)
7700 emergency (7-7 go to heaven)

Fuck. Check the emergency procedures

Yeah there is practically no women in any of the ones I know of. A few more down at the other airport but still.
But you are right they aren't that popular anymore. Hell, I wouldn't be in any if flying didn't require it almost

>

Much as I love the internet, I think it's partly to blame.
It's so easy to find link-minded people online now, that it means people dont really go out of their way to try and find local groups of similar interests.

Why expend effort irl to get to a group of vaguely similar interests, when you could just have some online buddies who are identincally interested?
On the one hand it's great, but on the other hand I think in part it's really contributing to this whole issue of how the fuck do adults meet other adults.

They went online. Now instead of meeting up and doing the activity you can just talk about it and never do it.

>link-minded people
>as I make a cahracter based on Link in dark souls
I am laffin.

I meant like-minded, obviously*

>tfw /aceg/ feels more like friends than most friends I've made since I've gone to uni
I get what you mean

But I have actually managed to find a cool group of people. None of them are girls tho

Speaking of valentines, where's fapfic user?

/aceg/ are prime buddy material, I would entirely go drinking with fucking any of you any day and talk about planes.

Yeah that sounds about right. Although I won't deny that having a few international buddies is fun too.

>you can just talk about it and never do it
So basically Veeky Forums

>Eagle+ can shoot 6 missiles at once
Man I fucking love this thing

Can we just form Outer Haven but with planes already?

The Macross missiles on the Berkut were also fun

Tbf I'd happily drink with you fucks at an air show.

All we need is one big zeppelin

>Outer Heaven with planes
Can you make an airbase as an alternate collage background? It could be fun.

>the next aceg poject: aceg buys an LMH1

I agree, having international friends is rad - other than when you get clockblocked of course.

Who's setting up the kickstarter.

You have good ideas.

>everyone on final at the same time
Yeah I can do that

So Dornie and the carrier buddies won't need two different carriers! Brilliant!

I hope you're all prepared to install landing hooks on the top of your planes.
We're going Crimson Skies on this.

We also need a guy who throws people out of the window and shouts "No ticket!" just to get all the references in.

We get a decent sized cargo bay and we can run freight to pay bills in between being air mercs.

We also need a good name for it, I mean, /k/ has the /k/arrier and we have the...?

The Buddy Balloon

Do not worry this two or thereabouts km airship I designed ages ago can do that and house a fighter squadron

>this will never be a thing that I can live on
Why.

Because the US did not split into a number of nation states that bicker constantly and make land travel impossible

>The Hallowed Sabre
>The Roundish Table
>The Rising Phoenix
>Sphyrna
>The triumph of aerodynamics over thrust
>The Friend Ship

We could always spend a romantic evening together. You could blow enemy aces out of the sky and then I could spend a few rounds pounding ground targets.

I'll make sandwiches.

will fapfic user ever return

>sandwiches
What kind?