/xcg/ - XCOM General

Pure Usefullness edition

Previous thread: News:
1)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 02/09/2018)
A demo for Phoenix Point will be playable on the PC Gamer Weekender on February 17th and 18th.
>twitter.com/i/web/status/960228058849562624
Q&A sessions
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2018/1/22/julians-live-question-and-answer-session-on-facebook-live
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2018/2/5/facebook-live-qa-2-terror-from-the-deep
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

2) A new unknown dlc was added for XCOM2 however there wasn't any anouncement yet.
>steamdb.info/app/268500/dlc/

3)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

4)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

5)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xgc/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xgc/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xgc/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xgc/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

>The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xgc/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15074754
xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Chryssalid_Poison_(Status_Effect)
phoenixpoint.info/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pistols are useless though

Repost for easy finding.

What if I shoot you?

You'll miss, rookie.

B-but I have 95% chance to hit.

That's 100% chance to miss. Learn how XCOM math works, scrub.

pistols are useful

so the ayy lmaos conquered earth so they could turn humans into soup so they could live longer?

Pretty much. Turns out the species key to their plan was the only one who could defeat them.

Yes, they are.

No, they aren't.

#MeToo

The pop-ups kinda mess with the shot user

What this user said. I'll give it my best shot, though.

>altering pictures
>best "shot"
Heh, I get it.

WAKE UP!

i dont understand why pistols are useful
bring me to the light

Turns out, shooting an ayy generally kills that ayy, therefore things that shoot ayys are useful. Pistols shoot ayys, therefore useful.

Agreed. He even helped me on my music mod

High damage with perks and ammo, good action economy.

So they never buffed blademaster huh. Hiding in the shadows is still the best perk right?

I am quite fond of my soldier look in this menu

>some mod is causing my game to crash
>but only halfway through trying to load the game

Fucking christ is there an easy way to narrow down what is causing the problem?

Pistols are overpowered

This is my error

[0088.94] Error: (RemoveNetObject) Object Texture2D EnvCubes.RidgecrestRoad.RidgecrestRoadCube_Blurred:CubemapFace5 with invalid NetIndex 194 (max: 181)
[0088.94] Error: (RemoveNetObject) Object Texture2D EnvCubes.RidgecrestRoad.RidgecrestRoadCube_Blurred:CubemapFace4 with invalid NetIndex 193 (max: 181)
[0088.94] Error: (RemoveNetObject) Object Texture2D EnvCubes.RidgecrestRoad.RidgecrestRoadCube_Blurred:CubemapFace3 with invalid NetIndex 192 (max: 181)
[0088.94] Error: (RemoveNetObject) Object Texture2D EnvCubes.RidgecrestRoad.RidgecrestRoadCube_Blurred:CubemapFace2 with invalid NetIndex 191 (max: 181)
[0088.94] Error: (RemoveNetObject) Object Texture2D EnvCubes.RidgecrestRoad.RidgecrestRoadCube_Blurred:CubemapFace1 with invalid NetIndex 190 (max: 181)
[0088.94] Error: (RemoveNetObject) Object Texture2D EnvCubes.RidgecrestRoad.RidgecrestRoadCube_Blurred:CubemapFace0 with invalid NetIndex 189 (max: 181)
[0088.96] Log: Crash Detected:

>"Ho shit, that party was a little too intense, Central is gonna take this out of my paycheck."

nice

Not sure about the error messages, but the general debugging method is to disable half the mods, try the game, disable the other half, try again, so on and so forth.

minor kek

It's just gonna take a fuck load of time because it only happens when I load a game. Ree

I just want a proper XCOM 2, not Long War presented by Firaxis.

Is that too much to ask?

XCOM2 is fine

What does that even mean?

xcom 2 is cool but I still to this day wish it was xcom 1 with better graphics and more stuff. I miss the air game, I miss defending earth and slowly getting more powerful with alien tech, I miss the big base and base building, I unironically miss the air game because shooting down UFOs and then raiding them is rad, and I miss the low key story and characters probably the most. The devs shouldn't try to do story/character heavy stuff because they are not good at writing them.

This post confuses me

kill yourself faggot

New poll, with the truly important question:

strawpoll.me/15074754

I miss not being interrupted literally every ten seconds on the strategic map.

>purposefully spoiling the poll with a meme option
You've brought this upon yourself

Holy fuck this.
>commander
>COMMANDER
>commander we have an inc
>COMMANDER
>commander I'm lonely
>commander please respond
>commander the Advent continue to make progress on the Avatar project
>commander want to go bowling?

>reached max posts in 5 days
>still only 100 unique ips

Was it samefagging or just more interest from the mysterious new DLC and Phoenix Point?

>recruit skellie faction soldier
>send him on the first Blacksite mission
>squad discovers all those human bones floating in the green goo
>his face when

Did anyone ever release a mod to make it so there is more than one map for resistance mission ambushes?

It's not "samefagging" unless posters are purposefully pretending to be different people.

Why don't you try making that mod?

Does it really matter when you can use mods to get complete silence on both the tactical and strategic map?

WHEN

What would be the gameplay differences between Androids and Cyborgs? I can't really see them having different enough abilities to make this matter, unless you could turn regular units into Cyborgs.

Not in wotc unless you want to link them

It's mostly just flavor. Personally, I find the idea of uncanny-valley almost-people more interesting than auged up humans.

Disable More VO works in WOTC, you just need to add lines for WOTC events in the config. This'll work for everything including Shen whining at you about the cannon hits in the Chosen Avenger Defense mission.

Stop Wasting My Time has a WOTC version.

Hush Little Chosen will quiet the Chosen completely depending on your settings.

Androids would be built for a specific tasks while Cyborgs would be able to switch out their robot parts and made more flexible

>1, 2, 3... wait a minute

>Left behind

If anything an android would be more versatile. At some point on a cyborg the metal meets flesh, and flesh not only has limitations but you can't just splice/graft on more stuff to no abandon.

Why even pretend there's a choice, Bradford?

Watching you command makes him feel alive for a brief moment.

I mean, HIgh Alert and Infestation are both annoying, either one is a legit thing to counter. I'd probably counter High Alert though, surprise rounds are too good to pass up on.

>either one is a legit thing to counter.

Infestation is annoying, but High Alert will fuck up the Infiltrate order.

Yeah, High Alert is definitely the worst, but depending on campaign time I can see Infestation being brutalizing. That user is specifically at the furthest possible end of a campaign so it is meaningless, but in a vacuum, Infestation can be pretty scary.

Infilitrate order?
I don't even care about concealment to be honest. Chryssalids = instant restart if they hit so they're the only choice.

>Chryssalids = instant restart if they hit
what the fuck is this

Lids aren't that scary in X2 late-game. You can soak the damage and your weapons can scrag them in one shot. Don't see what you're on about with this one.

xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Chryssalid_Poison_(Status_Effect)

>Infilitrate order?

The True Concealment order.

>Chryssalids = instant restart if they hit

What? Just bring medikits. You can also keep the poisoned unit in the squad and just evac when their health gets too low. Once I shoved a Bladestorm/Sustain Templar into a group of 5 Chryssalids on the Psi Gate mission and just let her take all the hits. I even got one last Rend out before I evac'd her.

Just extract somehow with Chryssalid Poison but keep the rest in the mission. They won't die if they're off the map.

>Chryssalids = instant restart
What did he mean by this?

They're too hot to not be distracted by them.

>Mean to use electric lash attack on Gatekeeper
>Accidently use "grapplehook into the enemy" instead
oops

>1 Damage / 7 Armor
>"Their armor saved them!"

Is it just me or is XCOM2 unusually weighted towards giving you female soldiers?

Just you, it's 50/50

I find the opposite, I mostly get men. Suppose we're both outliers, but the files clearly have 50/50 as the variable set. You can change it if you want

100 active posters isn't that bad for any period of /xcg/ save our absolutely highest traffic weeks. Could be better obviously but we're doing okay

Nononono

>2 Elerium cores

holy fuck

Hot off the phoenix point discord, a low angle shot of the level in the demo build slated to be showcased this weekend. Its looking pretty sweet.

That's in-game? Looks nice.

Supposedly, yes.

Also bit of a spoilery speculation for those interested: based on the series of stories released under 'Briefing #3' it appears that the demo will probably center around a holding/research facility for members of New Jericho who have become infected (Fort Freiheit). I'm guessing that its a facility that has been compromised and will involve going in, salvaging what's left and fighting our way out.

Is worth playing one of this?

If you don't mind frequent CTDs, the story is pretty fucked up

Best class mods for XCOM 2?

Something that's a basic grunt/infantry man type to go side by side with the more specialized vanilla classes.

SHE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

Aftermath is the first, it's really rough around the edges and not really worth it

I liked Aftershock a lot, I used to play with a mod that added lots more enemies, I believe Aftershock is actually unbeatable because of bugs but I've probably poured 200 hours into it anyway because it's got lots of autism

Afterlight is the most polished but the least satisfying, everything in it is very cartoony, but you have the same roster the whole way instead of random troops. Interestingly it also has some nice details like if you some guy dies, his son or his daughter have to take his place as a soldier, or if you start to lose your older dudes, you end up resorting to a bunch of kids being your troops.

>all these typos
>teeth on OG chryssalid not white
One job, user.

So much potential, but it hurts to read.

Aftershock was my favorite because of all the things you can do

It's not unbeatable but there is a gamebreaking bug that doesn't let you progress if it occurs and if you've saved after it happens when you assault the Wargot myrmecol

Lucubration's Infantry class has never let me down. Also, the WotC Tank class is pretty solid.

RPG Overhaul kek

> members of New Jericho who have become infected (Fort Freiheit)

I'm curious how this part of PP lore works. Can a human become infected by the mist after a single exposure? Are some humans immune? If infection is easy, how do humans survive at all?

The fuck is phoenix point?

umm it's xcom 2.0 sweetie

phoenixpoint.info/

The game that will save the genre after Jake's blunder of the century Bore of the Chosen.

What the fuck is google?
What about xenonauts 2?

xenonauts is shit

I already use Lucubration, and I do enjoy it. Just asking for a second opinion, thanks!

Checking it out. Looks broken as fuck lol. Thanks!

>Just asking for a second opinion, thanks!
Yeah, sorry I don't have anything else for you. Though, there's a newer WotC Field Medic class that's pretty damn solid and a good line soldier. Maybe give that one a shot?