/wtg/ - War Thunder General

P1000 Ratte Edition
Previously, on /wtg/: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

warthunder.com/en/news/5319-development-la-200-the-high-speed-kite-en
youtube.com/watch?v=_AUoK1U1cfU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for russian genocide

THE SUN NEVER SETS ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE

>valentines day contest
who /getting naval access/ here?

I would but I have no idea what to use for a good joke

It's not too hard if you try that said I don't have a faceberg, so

you can use my image, friend

Fuck, the Ratte really was a stupid fucking idea.

>not anime edition
FUCK OFF

make an gup valentine card, queer

when

Ded general

Seafire FR 47 is pretty shit to be honest, Don't see why it's at 6.0

gaijin hates all naval planes cause russia doesnt have any good ones

It's entirely this, and it's probably the reason they're making naval warfare so limited compared to how it is in other games. Can't have Rossiya at a disadvantage ))))))

Oh cool, I got the best one

>karelia
>7.7
what

Still better than Finland.

>activate 300% rp booster because it's all I got
>get instakilled by a t-54 that somehow got onto a mountain

It's the best one, because it's the historical one

Any idea why the game looks bright and hazy? I don't have postfx on and it looks weird

longer runways when?

Social media guy is at it again

REAL NEW DEV BLOG

3 37mm)))))))))

Rate my waifu

It's surreal how social media PR became like this around 2016, mostly after the Sonic the Hedgehog account gained traction. You kind of just post-ironically insult yourself, your customers, and society in general to seem hip and young. Eventually we're gonna go full circle again and get back to overly nice, polite PR reps.

>literally designed with a radar in mind
>probably won't even make use of it in-game

>4 man squad of Valentines playing in 6.3
ha ha, so original, why not play in your proper BR instead of ruining your team?

kek, have you seen how bullshit Russian ships are in WOWS?

Am i the only idiot who cant oneshot tiges 1?
like i aim for their left side from the front,unangled, at less than 50 meters, in a jagdpanther and it only kills the pilot and yellows the gunner

been out of the game for six months, are high tiers still a fucking unbearable grind just to clear stock?

>Arcade

But shitposting aside, you can really just shoot straight through the driver's viewport of a Tiger I and wipe out most of the crew with a gun like the Jagdpanther's 88mm. Or you can always aim at the hull cheeks for guaranteed ammo detonations.

Yes. Even with premium it's pretty bad. As soon as you hit 6.3 BR or higher you get into modules requiring 10,000 RP or more to unlock in planes.

Am I dumb in thinking that an AP shell from an M103 could pen the UFP of a T-62 from overmatching or is it just not possible

Overmatching starts from 1,35:1 shell diameter to armor thickness ratio, and becomes stronger the higher the ratio is.

Is overmatch even modeled in War Thunder?

Aim at the side of the hull, about in the middle above the tracks. Ammo racks are right on the other side of the armor. I've taken them out with M24 AP with this method

the average skill of people in tiers 1/2 is fucking astounding

moar

>New players are bad at the game

N-nani!?

Yes, but it's done much better than in WoT where it's a binary "yes" or "no"(i.e. if the three caliber condition is met).

In WT overmatching starts with 135% of armor thickness, at which point the round has a reduced chance of bouncing. As the round caliber increases so does the overmatch strenght.

What the fuck do I do in air RB with my FW190 A? I spend 10 minutes climbing only to get fucked by a Hornet that's already swooping down at me by the time I spot it thanks to its' having double my climb speed and an airspawn to boot.

stop playing kraut trash

>be inna KPZ
>get hit in engine, crawl around corner to repair
>enemy T10 comes around the corner while my turret is turned
>shoots me in front slope of turret from the side at perpendicular angle, causing his shell to bounce
>I turn my turret to face him
>instead of retreating back into cover he stays there with his front facing me, as if expecting his frontal armour to protect him at point blank range from a KPZ70
>shoot APFSDS round through his drivers hatch and cuck his ammo

Are all slav heavy tank players this sub humanly stupid? Do they literally depend on their armour over skill or tactics like this?

these two would go well right next to each other

Stay at 3000m and BnZ lawn mowers like narwhals and P47s

But they look like they have the most fun jets

>Jets
>Fun
>Ever
>Under any circumstance

Just buy GEs and skip the grind then

Ever do an assault air arcade battle during Russian prime time? More than half the team crashes into each other every single wave. They are not skilled players.

Kraut jets are only fun early when you still mostly fight props. They still get ruined by the god awful "people" who play germany and the top tier jets have to fight planes of equal performance, and you still keep the shitty teammates.

prepare for )))) like you've never seen before

Why the fuck is the Whirlwind at 5.0? And the Beaufighter Mk 21 share this BR with it?
or is this just another case of "russia was shit at x thing so we will make x thing really bad in game"

how good is the a6m5 ko?
just realized i had it

Yeah, they sometimes are.
I don't know why you had to spell it out.

>37 second track repair
>hit w as the 1 second ends
>have to repair again

>do the math
>$100
that's actually not as bad as i thought

It's an A6M5. The issue with the whole Zero series past a certain point is that they only ever engage when your opponent WANTS you to engage and actively tries to turnfight you like a retard. Thankfully, most US players are braindead subhumans who will actually try to turnfight Zeroes in their P-47s and P-51s, but most of the time you'll be at a severe disadvantage because you have a poor climb rate and start on a carrier while your opponent starts at 3km altitude going cruising speed.

On the plus side, it's super hard to die in a 1v1 in the Zero series, even with an altitude disadvantage. As long as you know what you're doing, you can just pull turns and stuff and force your opponent to bleed energy over and over again in an attempt to close in for the kill.

I know right?

Im seriously considering buying the 20,000 GE pack next time it goes on sale to convert to SLs to buy the Mig15kraut

>buying the copy-paste jet put
>not buying the copy-paste jet with slight changes that will likely lead to tier 6 planes
For what purpose?

When tier 6 tanks came out I don't think all the new MBTs didn't have a pre-req tank. As long as you have 6 jets you should be able to research tier 6 planes

>yfw tier 6 jets are exponentially more expensive than tier 5

Well you never know what Gaijin might do, since the M60A1 RISE does have a pre-req. And is more interesting that the meme tank
>6 jets
You don't even need 6 tanks to get tier 6, 5 is the highest and that's for the US and USSR.

Tier 6 jets will be fucking awful and exist solely to compliment ground battles, since tanks are the focus of War Thunder now.

How mad will you be when Tier 6 turns out to be great?

But isn't that because they moved some tier 5 vehicles into tier 6 shortly after the update? I think it was around the same time of the RP cost reductions

F4 Phantom fucking when.

Not even F4-E, I want a meme plane with noguns, only missiles.

Russians, or NIGGERS as I like to call them.

>only missiles variant
That is a carrier plane, you will certainly get plenty of meme out of it

How could it possibly be great? I have tier V in every nation's jets and they're almost unbearably boring. Tier VI jets would be the same, but even worse due to even higher speeds. Not only that, but they're likely going to add the A-10 Thunderbolt, which will attract all the retarded ground pounders from the allied teams and make winning Tier VI matches impossible for them.

>only fun early when you still mostly fight props. They still get ruined by the god awful "people" who play
>and you still keep the shitty teammates.
Is there any nation where this isn't the case?

I swear goddamn slav tanks get 5 seconds if invincibility at the start of every match while others dont.

Dont believe me? See what happens when you shoot a T64 in the side after they spawn in Poland

So the Navy F-4.
>Navy F-4s usually only armed with missiles had a higher K/D than Air Force F-4s armed with guns
But its a USN plane so it will be the worst jet of its BR.
POST-KOREA GREY FOR F9F-8 WHEN

>5.7 g*rman tank line up
>always get uptiered to 6.7
>Get sick of it and make a 6.3 line up
>always get uptiered to 7.3 instead

just use user skin )))))))

>gaijin hasn't added any new in-game camos for planes because user skins exist
Truly the worst company.

>4.7 German lineup
>Always up-tiered to 5.7 because of Tigerniggers

WHEN

That's why I went back to 4.3. I miss my Ersatz M10 though.

>Really, REALLY want to use the Hetzer, Dicker Max and Jagdpanzer IV
>Every time I use them I get put against 5.7 enemies who render my armour completely useless

We need to gas all Tiger players. It's the only way.

I really want t6 to be great because those are my favorite era of aviation but I will never get to fly them if they're even grindier than t5.

>soviets get american copy of sidewinder which is the exact same rocket americans will get
>soviet one is somehow better
)))))))))))))

>still no new Italian anythings

I dont read pizza. can someone please translate to american?

>still no Reggiane fighters
>massive gaping holes in the attacker tree that could be filled
>they decide to add a 1-off Soviet prototype no-one asked for
))))))))

>no-one asked for
im sure on russian forum they asked for it

10 years gulag for you)))))))

i think its something about mutts being subhuman, not sure

Is the 57mm Mosquito any better than the 20mm one?

No, all mosquitos fly like trash because )))))))))
The 57mm is ok for groundfucking I guess

>Is the Mosquito--

No.

Holy fuck I just want to slam my teammate's face into their desk when I spam enemy locations and they do nothing

>clearly exposing your side
amerinigger as usual

Your average player is basically an NPC. They have no idea how to play the game at even a basic level, which is why top tier players can easily maintain a 3:1+ K/D ratio.

>amerinigger is retarded and autistically shrieks when he gets outplayed
pottery

Ayyyy

>chi-ri II: 46.000 RP
>that's not too bad, let's check the next one
>ST-A: 95.000 RP

ground forces is such a fucking joke

Are heavy tanks supposed to be more expensive to repair ?? My fully upgraded Jumbo (75 mm) costs 8k + to repair for example where my M4A2 76 mm which is 5.0 BR (0.3 higher) costs 2.3k+ to repair???

What the fuck was that guy thinking, shooting your UFP at that angle?