/fg/ - Falcom General #163

Previous thread: >Tokyo Xanadu eX+ is out on PC and PS4
store.steampowered.com/app/587260/Tokyo_Xanadu_eX/

>Zwei 1 and 2 is out on PC
store.steampowered.com/app/427680/Zwei_The_Arges_Adventure/
store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/

>Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 PC is out on Steam and GOG
store.steampowered.com/app/538680/ store.steampowered.com/app/748490/The_Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_of_Cold_Steel_II/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_ii

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

-Ao fan translation to be released soon, most likely in February. Like Zero's leak, it will have poor grammar, but be otherwise accurate. The Geofront patch currently sits around 55% complete
gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com/p/games.html

-Ys 8 PC delayed once more, and patch fix released for consoles. Switch port also announced, and being worked on by Nis.
steamcommunity.com/games/579180/announcements/detail/1647623139647481008

-Sen no kiseki 4 website revealed, release date to be around the end of September. Fair warning, it contains spoilers
falcom.co.jp/sen4/

-PS4 remasters of Sen 1 and 2 to release in March and April 2018, respectively
gematsu.com/2017/11/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-kai-ps4-launches-march-8-japan
gematsu.com/2017/12/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-ii-kai-ps4-launches-april-26-japan

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt
Extra Stuff (Guides, downloads, undub patches): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Preview of the new thread.

WHO THE FUCK PUTS THE MAP ON START BY DEFAULT?

I want to HUG Tiosuke!

>falcom neglecting fish textures again
What did fish ever do to Falcom?

Xseed had also commissioned a drawing fro Huri, their DLC thing for owning sky games too it seems.

Rean doesn't know that Emma is a witch?
I am pretty sure finding that out was part of the romance shit I've done in cs1.
Fucking falcom at least respect the choices I cheated to myself if you do dating sim pandering.

Tiosuke is fucking retarded and should never be uttered in an English sentence.

Is it safe to use hacked NG+ save on Steam? I'm retarded.

CUTE!

Tiosuke.

By hacked, it means the file was modified to have NG+ properties. It won't make steam mad at you.

>romance
You must have played a different game.

Tiosuke.

>emma might as well have a fucking neon sign above her that says witch
>everyone is so nice they ignore it and wait for her to talk
>when she does they force her to stop so they can add it to the pile of twists later.
>next game she fucking can't stop talking but her cat steals the spotlight
Emma is terribly written and you shouldn't think about it too much. There's a reason she has two other big things you could be instead focusing into.

the most use she's ever been of is "muh pendant" but even that was discarded within a chapter

gib google drive for cs2 undub

Is the game super fucking loud for anyone else? I dropped all the sound to minimum and lowered it in the mixer but it still blasts my ears out

Well I gave up on her when she was dragged into the innocent fujoshi corner with the other steamy readers but it is still a little letdown.

Tio-suke is a very cute nickname just like Jona-bou and Sully-zou.

Nope sound is normal to me. Might be something with your sound drivers.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>x30 Zeram Capsule
I made a mistake opening these DLC's

>Buying item DLC

Or had them in your pirated version or whatever. Just sell them if you think they're too game breaking.

All that item dlc is free and already in the game.

There are a million free DLC that comes with the game, luckily I only opened the cosmetic ones

MOD FOR PHANTASMAL MIRRORS USAGE OUTSIDE OF THE FINAL DUNGEON WHEN

ALL I WANTED

USE LLOYD AND RIXIA FOR THE ENTIRE GAME

MAYBE USE CROW BUT FUCK THE OTHER TWO WHORES

Really? I'm still downloading on my end since my connection is not that great. How much free DLC is there, shining pom bait and such too?

I can just not use those but that all the dlc gave me 99x aka max of umaterial and cooking stuff is a bit too much.

>it's a manage boss fight fine but you lose in cutscene because gameplay unrelated reasons episode

ANIIIMEEEEEE

Take screenies if you're playing on max settings please!!!!!!!!!!

Too much free shit. I had to restart my game. Monster items at x99 for cooking are nice, but those zeram powders and capsules are just too much. And yeah, there are some shining pom baits too, but not many. They are actually selling those I think.

Holy fuck.

>not the Rean rape-face one

Why are they using Tio icon on taskbar for CS2? Are they implying some future stuff here? Did they buy Ao translation? What is happening?

Here you go but it's just ps3 textures no HD texture pack yet.
Strangely enough the game stuttered when the camera moved in cutscenes on 60fps but that gets fixed by putting fps on unlimited. I remember cs1 having the same quirk.

Well, sorry for posting my actual screenshots instead of the ones from someone's stream.

Really? I thought Durante added some super cool filter / texture thing

>Gale is a ground target skill now
I forgot about this, holy shit its nice

I think it does look way better than the PS3 version doesn't it? There's not much they can do to improve on what they had already, but it does look way smoother.

I guess but what he posted was like looked much better

Of course it does but xseed doesn't touch the original textures except for menues and avatars.

Moshi moshi~ is Ao here yet?

No user, ask another time.

Answer me. Answer me now.

Yours is from a distance while is from very up close for what I assume are assets otherwise only for backgrounds and unwalkable decos.

Tio is in the icon for both 1 and 2. In 1 it was removed to add something related to Cold steel, in 2 it's there because they didn't change it i guess.

Still as dumb as a brick when it comes to noticing his notsisters boner for him.

Well this is fucking annoying.
Right as I enter the bath house in the prologue I crash

No, you lie. Its implying something. We are getting Crossbell games on Steam next.

I like to think he does know, since even his parents are ok with it, but he just plays dumb in order to avoid having to address it.

Probably an issue with different types of computers and hardware, or just a random trigger causing it. I think Durante addressed it already, and it will probably get patched on the next update like with Cs 1

>Rean will never have a full head of hair powered by Nvidia Hairworks like Noctis does
why live, his hair would look so SUGOI........................

Where are my fucking estelle and joshua bonus costumes and why the fuck are the controls janked all to shit, rean keeps fucking running all the time even if I let go of the controls I can't sneak up on anything. And I am not pleased about that first boss being a forced failure. If I am not supposed to win, make it a cutscene. This is the worst evangelion game ever.

You sound mad.

>tfw you will never spin Estelle around with super hair physics

>Tio is in the icon for both 1 and 2.
But why?

Ask Falcom, i have no idea.

>unironically using Valentine's day memes to market your game
What does Xseed mean by this?

>tfw divine knights will never have the details like gundams do in the current gundam games

Nice photos but I could swar the left one got used in a cutscene.
Start game from library, select 2nd option and configure your shit.

Name a single company that doesn't.

>The bear monster had a camera all along
>The parents were actually just pranking the children and Rean murdered the bear

Ok but seriously though, that is pretty lazy of Falcom. It's on the same level to the newspaper in Sen III.

they better not take a day to answer this time

>i'm sorry but if by some magic we work on sen iii i'm gonna ask them to switch out the ALL KINDS OF FEET one because in the....last chapter i think

>How the Estelle/Joshua costumes work:
GOG: You will get a DLC code if you own Trails in the Sky, SC, and/or the 3rd.
Humble: Go to the "download" page for any of the Sky games to find DLC/install instructions.
Steam: If it's in your library, you get the DLC costumes automatically

>kondo likes towa and jusis
>someone with a lot of pull likes emma
>programmer is a tiofag
>main waifu is alisa
Must be fun working with trails team.

CS2 PC runs like ass. Input lag is huge too.

B-but Durante worked on it...

Gonna be checking that in an hour to see how it runs. Slow connection is hell.

>mom hugging you
I'm not crying
;_;

Based falseflag bro.

>Rean doesn't even hug back

Fuck Kondo

Jesus Xseed your stupid dub makes modding this game harder.

NVM I'm stupid.

>Literally just drop a file in the folder
>Hard
>Tumblr file

I can't tell if you're trying too hard, or if you're just stupid. You have no seen a bad dub if you think Cold steel's is bad.

Did you check your DLC tab? If you bought steel 2 on steam, and sky games in there too, it should show up in that tab.

what does the story gain by having aidios be the grandmaster? aidios has been presented thus far as a hugely beneficial entity who is responsible for a lot of the church's community service. i can't possibly see any way the grandmaster, whose plans seem to be relatively nefarious, being aidios herself.

OK I will need to shoop a 'Please be patient I have autism' hat on rean.

>should never be uttered in an English sentence

Agreed, but that's why I play JRPGs with JPN audio.... oh wait I can't lol Xseed.

Did you watch star door 14? She clearly doesn't enjoy having to employ these methods, but it seems like a necessary evil to her, or something.
Her being Aidios is just the most entry level theory people have since, we literally have no idea on who the GM is. Plus, we don't understand the circumstances on her gifting humanity, and the great collapse, and why she was unable to stop it.

You honestly think tloh can escape the one big jrpg stereotype of dude religion was the evil all along?

i did play the 3rd it's just been a while. i'll go rewatch the cutscene.

it's done so pretty fantastically thus far, i don't see why that can't continue. aidios being the grandmaster feels like it would be pretty trite.

post yfw yun ka-fai, arios, cassius, and anelace are the ones that jailbreak rean

Never read the Old Testament huh? God being a huge dick is an anime trope for a reason. Japanese love that Christian stuff.

>SALT

did anyone post a CS1 100% save WITHOUT having NG+ properties for CS2? I've only seen a combined one.

Ymir is super comfy.

The grandmaster has never been represented as a physical human being despite ample opportunity to do so. Why? The answer is obvious. She's the goddess.

>Japanese love that Christian stuff.
More like japanese remember that christian invaders forced their shitty barbaric religion and culture onto them in the most brutal ways.
Christianity is displayed as evil because it is and showed so spectacular in japan.

Frankly it kinda makes me sick that a localisation company has the gall to mess with the original game at all. But thats videogames for ya.

At least they didn't invent dialogue.

t. Hideyoshi
Nobunaga did nothing wrong.

Guess I'm not the only one pissed at no Ao. Worst Valentine's EVER.

>Implying you need all of them
>Implying it won't just be Anelace
>Implying Rean Coldsteel isn't secretly terrified of her
>Implying Anelace won't give him the beating of a lifetime for denying her a chance to headpat Millium

Toval sounded super fat in his first lines but the va eases into the role.

THE FACE THAT EVEN REAN COLDSTEEL FEARS

>breast envy from someone with breasts
Ries please.

Pastebin working again, updated extra with Cs 2 undub, and the NG+ file with 15 points.

If anyone has anything they think might be good to add in there please warn me so i'll give it a check. I'll probably check and add the FC and SC evo voice patches later to the list, and the Japanese battle voices.