/xgg/-Xenogames General #108

Tea Time Edition

USE SPOILER TAGS
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Artbook link
drive.google.com/open?id=1l8EuZcAvfNAVKyHuK6bSr5NxpiaUdXYD
e-hentai.org/g/1168674/90d830fe38/

>XB2 official guidebook (JP)
e-hentai.org/g/1173720/967f7b795d/

>XBC2 Fanworks
pastebin.com/hbD8EEKQ

>OP (For new threads)
pastebin.com/pEC894BK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
==============================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any Xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous:

Don't forget me

Is there a official soundtrack of this game that includes all tracks?

Where's the Pyra Vert one?

>finally go through the effort of decking out my party in a way I'm satisfied with
>suddenly have a lot more options available
>don't even want to bother with them, whether it's changing things or straight up pulling more blades
someone save me from this hell

It still hurts.

Not yet.

>slap some vaguely relevant aux cores on the main story blades
>don't bother with them for the rest of the story
Anyone else do this? I just feel overwhelmed when I see my huge list and I don't know what to pick.

>STILL no update

UPDATE'S STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET

I need a bigger gun

Why is NG+ DLC? Why are we in an age where NG+ is now DLC?

It's free tho.

A LOT MORE THAN WE CAN MANAGE

NG+ is free, and the free content for XB2 looks better than the paid stuff thus far, though. And compare it to XBX, where the game launched in Japan with Alexa/Boze/H.B/Yelv as paid DLC along with the grinding affinity/money/etc support missions which were free internationally.

yknow what? i feel sorry for you, I love you, and nobody else is answering including google, so I will just turn my game on and find out for you

okay and I realize now why nobody on google has it listed. you literally can't miss it. I don't understand how you missed it, but it's just south of the central ether boulder and slightly east. like draw a line between central ether boulder and zalmor's crevice and declessa altar hill (locations but not fast travel points, that maybe you also haven't gotten, down in the southeast)
it's not really any kind of landmark, it's just a pillar, with some shiny gold deer around
I'm genuinely wondering why you're so concerned about finding it and you haven't found it in DAYS of asking, because there's nothing worthwhile around it. I don't even know why this fast travel point exists.

Where's the fucking patch.

I have tons of trouble with aux cores. no idea what most of them even do
dont forget the ability to set separate armor as fashion slots

It only wasn't included at launch because the development was starting to drag on but Nintendo absolutely wanted them to push the game out for 2017.

>at level 99 with all characters
>have beaten two superbosses with little trouble
>have about 15 of each stamp
>all lv. 4 affinity filled

Is the Ursula merc grind really worth it? How many stamps do you need? I have enough field skills to cut vocal lesson 3 in half, but the others are still at 8 minutes.

How many stamps does it take?

You need about 90 stamps of each type.

have fun

Is it just me or does Zeke really not like Pandoria in the same way she likes him

Does any other blades besides Ursula benefit from Fast Blade Switch? Farming Chickenheart Dagmara is a pain.

Yes, she's one of the best healers.
The amount of stamps is close to 99, but not quite iirc.
On another note, Ursula missions are the best for grinding out affinity charts, so it's not that bad.

He confessed his love for her though.

it's gonna take you an hour or two.
you get multi-stamp missions as you go on

>dont forget the ability to set separate armor as fashion slots
That was also unlocked by beating Chapter 12 as well, but it being available during the main story is a godsend.

The lip sync for the mute scene reads "now we'll be friends forever".

>Friends

Childhood friends NEVER win

FIOOORAAAAAAAAA

Why the fuck won't Rex ever use his axe launch art? He'll switch and then not launch.

it's really slow
altenrately does your rex have full use-arts-immediately filled out?

Should you focus exclusively on one type of mission until you have the right amount of stamps or should you try to balance them?
Also what's the best place to grind for Relentless Arduran? Airborne Throne?

Remove Strong Smash from him. He's prioritising the increased damage against toppled foes instead of launching them.

Yeah, he does, he'll switch and then use Bold Tackle.

That's what I thought too, so I did. And now he's not even using an art that makes sense.

Kind of. I occasionally refine a ton of them all at once without really looking at what they are, then I'll just put midline stuff on everyone and occasionally survey all the blades I use frequently to upgrade them to whatever's best that I have.

I use this same basic principle with character equipment.

NG+ WHEN

It's probably better to balance so you don't end up grinding more than needed.

When Xenofags stop shitting up /feg/,
so never

See equipment was fine for me because if I got something new I'd just check what it does and if I liked it I'd just equip it and be done. With aux cores I can't do that because I have to refine them first and that totally breaks the flow of whatever I'm doing in the moment.

>retard AI can't strong smash then launch anyway
>players can get a full combo all by themselves and properly take advantage of the arts
what went wrong?

You want to keep them approximately balanced, but for the sake of your sanity, go ahead and let yourself get into grooves where you know exactly which blades to take and can cut the mission times down to 2 minutes over and over
also if you dont have an earth beast you're fucked for one mission but it's not vital

Are the rare random blades all equally likely to pop out regardless of the stage of the game? Like, could I have conceivably gotten KOS-MOS on one of my first crystals? So far all the ones I've unlocked are mostly toward the top of the rare blade library, so I'm operating under the premise that some are rarer than others from the beginning, and some perhaps don't even appear in the potential pool until later chapters?

>this general

Some definitely seem to be more common. KOS-MOS is the absolute rarest.

Just wait for NG+ to drop you pathetic anal beads addict.

No, you can get the random rares are any point in the story, it's just that some have generally higher or lower chances or being rolled. Kosmos is obviously the lowest, with Kora and Godfrey being among the highest.

I got KOS-MOS in ch. 6. I'm deep into the postgame and I'm missing

>Zenobia
>Azami
>Agate
>Newt
>Fagboy

help

>seething
Jesus Christ, how sad

>Fighting Armored Brennan
>last little sliver
>OHKOs entire party

That's funny. Azami was my first one, and I got Newt while just spamming common cores for an entirely different reason earlier.

Crunchii Music Extensions rolled KOSMOS while still in Gormott.

>dying against non-superboss UMs

I think his AI is bugged. If he topples, he won't ever launch afterwards even though he'll switch to an axe blade. Weird thing is that this doesn't happen with Pandoria.

Funny story, I had more trouble fighting Territorial Rotbart at lv. 70ish than I did fighting Kurodil at lv. 96.

Linear UMs, Quadratic MCs.

>top level enemies in Xenoblade are usually 40~ levels higher than the MC
>but all the broken shit you can eventually do (topplelocking, Full Burst, throw a rock at Xenoblade X and it'll bounce off someone's broken javelin-multigun build or some equally ostentatious nonsense) is probably the equivalent of +100 levels

The DLC for Xenoblade 2 is kind of sleezy, the only thing really worthwhile in it is the big story quest they're adding but thats not coming out for a long time. So they sell you the one thing you actually want but then throw in a bunch of random useless shit that doesnt matter and charge you $20 (quests and free items. to be fair I think a few blades will also be DLC)

Block Rate Up V or Telepathy V on Electra?

What do you think of this party composition?

Nia
KOS-MOS
Sheba
Ursula

Morag
Brighid
Aegaeon
Floren

Zeke
Herald
Vale
Zenobia

>KOS-MOS on anyone but zeke
>not having rex
I'm assuming you haven't reached chapter 7, in which case I recommend you get out of these threads ASAP if you don't know the spoilers

Is 2 Healers/1 Tank the worst driver class?

kawaii as fuck

IT'S OUT

You could probably make heal tanking work. Although I guess what is the point when you have ridiculous crit heals.

This is me mucking about at endgame. I think Ether Cannons are better on Nia because she's got more Ether and her art animations are ridiculously short. Plus I'll be controlling her so I can abuse KOS-MOS's level 2.

Metsu you motherfucker.

well, crithealer rex with mythra and nia is a staple unless you really want a challenge

I'm not familiar with offensive nia

>ether cannons other than herald on zeke
>using scimitar

Give me one good reason to drop an easy full party heal in between crithealing cheese

losers

use ursula instead if you want to waste a slot on rex

Crit heal works great on everyone, but I feel like Blade Nia is trading damage for healing that you probably don't need.

I haven't run the numbers on it, but I'm getting the feeling that Cattle Driver on Nia is ridiculous because it has a high damage ratio and can be cancelled almost immediately after you use it.

I use both ursula and nia
My other characters:

Zeke: Pandy, KOS-MOS, Wulfric
Morag: Brighid, Finch, Kasandra

It's wrecked the shit out of everything so far, though I've only just begun to take down superbosses (I first-tried Kurodil and Ken already, saving Orion for last)

People who didn't buy the season pass; what would have to be in the remaining content yet to be revealed to make you want to buy the season pass?

Short of a whole new continent that's fun to explore (as part of the story content) and a cool Rare Blade (not necessarily cross-over either), I can't see it being worth the money.

What's actually been part of the season pass so far? The big updates I can think of are all free aren't they?

Nothing substantial, with each update pass owners have gotten some items.

Actual season pass exclusive content has basically been free items and some quests thus far. Up next is challenge mode I think, then a rare blade and finally story content.

>Kasandra

Why? She's an HP tank. Aegaeon would be objectively better.

That's why I can't even remember then. Its nothing of interest. We'll see what new story content is going to be available before I go ahead and buy the pass. I'm a sucker for Xeno story stuff so it doesn't even have to be much to get me.

It's a model for people who know they're gonna buy whatever the content ends up being anyway, so they get rewarded with little crumbs for buying in early.

Yeah, I get that and even though I'm almost 100% sure I'll end up buying it eventually I feel like I can't rationalize paying for it until I know what I'm getting.

I used aegeon until I realized I had no shadow coverage and 2 water blades

God damn at least use Perceval.

Perceval, then. Unless you're just using Morag for kicks instead of her proper role as a tank.

So
>kasandra ->Aegeon
>Nia -> Perceval
is what you’re saying

I dunno, I’ll try it out. I guess I don’t get how tank blades differ from each other.

I should mention Nia basically serves to keep Morag (and zeke to a lesser extent) from dying, so how do I keep her alive?

I remember reading early on "2 new titans" and that was before I knew what titans were so I was like uhh wow
but I can't find that anymore

I'm saying Morag is an AGI tank character. The way she tanks damage is by having high agility, which enables her to dodge more attacks than she doesn't as long as her agility is sufficiently high. Combine that with the ability to draw aggro and she keeps enemies focused on her while avoiding enough damage to not be immediately destroyed.

HP tanks fill the same role but the way they do it is differently. They have high HP as well as high block rates, meaning they also just ignore enough damage for it not to matter. Even though the roles are the same in terms of function they're different, and different Blades belong in one category or the other. AGI tank Blades, which use katana, increase their Driver's agility, which in turn increases their dodge rate. HP tank Blades, which use hammers, increase their Driver's HP, which increases their overall survival rate.

So if you're using Morag as a tank it's ideal to have three katana-wielding Blades on her, since that would give her the highest AGI. Having an HP Blade on her means she gets an HP boost, which isn't terrible but since she should be dodging most of the time she doesn't really need to worry about HP to begin with.

Granted, the game never gets so difficult that you need to be this particular about your Blade setups, but if we're talking about optimal setups then you should have each character use the right Blades.

Or just use Tora and don't worry about anything ever again.

I see. I have her setup as an hp tank, then. (Finch, kasandra, titanium vest instead of shoes)

I just seemed to get quicker results with her as an hp tank than tora (fuck tiger tiger, I have three Tank3 mods though and poppi qtpi’s auto attack is over 1000 now)

So basically I’ve been cheesing it harder than I thought.

Who’s good for wind, then? I might just leave finch because I can’t think of any ice tanks off the top of my head (is theory one? I have her on zeke atm)

HP Tanks are Tanks with HP Mods
Agility Tanks are Tanks with Agility Mods
For example Newt has a katana but has an HP Mod and Finch has a hammer but has the agility mod. Not sure if these are the only exceptions.

theory's an ice katana tank (or was it water?) and godfrey's an ice hammer tank

So who are you going to put the Torna Blades on?

alright so theory is an ice AGI tank
how about this

Rex: Mythra, Roc (or other wind), Perceval
Zeke: Pandy, KOS-MOS, Wulfric
Morag: Brighid, Aegaeon, Theory

am I min-maxed yet?

Why did you put Theory on Zeke? I would overdrive her onto Morag.
Morag is pretty neat since Aegeon and Theory are guaranteed (story/quest cores), though Perceval is also alright and I'd put Finch on the same tier as Aegeon/Theory. I can't really think of any bad Agility tank blades.

I dunno, I want to know their roles/mods first

Whoops, that's right. Forgot about Newt and Finch, who have their roles swapped for whatever reason. Finch is an AGI tank and Newt is an HP tank even though they have a hammer and a katana respectively.

Yeah, that works, but it's not min-maxed. Assuming you want Perceval on Rex for the Dark coverage which is alright, but if you have Azami or Vale they would work better since Rex has no need for a tank Blade.

>Perceval on Rex