/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Databases with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and various /mhg/ ones exist.
In the 3DS games, create or find a Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?9qlgr3ljxsx6b2o
mediafire.com/?tb30748a8g0tanf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hi.

HANDLER!

>Handler goggles on Pukei-Pukei
This offends the Pukei

>join an SOS and instantly cart
>quest failed

hit him with the pointy end

Give me three good Hunting Horns to build and why

new to the charge blade and monhun in general, forgive me for idiocy.

do I actually have to keep pressing R2+Circle every 10 seconds to stop my sword from bouncing off of enemies or am I playing it wrong?

so far I've pretty much just been
>slash slash slash occasional shield bash
>charge vials, hit circle to transform into axe, then AED into charge shield
>slash some more, charge vials, transform into axe, SAED when the monster is on the ground/dazed/stunned or otherwise disabled in some way

the only problem is I can only use SAED when there's a big opening every minute or two, but my sword overheats after 20 seconds or so, so there's a lot of times I just have to charge my vials pointlessly just to stop my shit from overheating

is there any other way of stopping my shit from overheating other than rolling away to charge my vials? It feels like I'm having to stop hitting shit every 30 seconds just to hit a couple buttons, so 25% of the time I'm not even attacking and am just sitting there jerking off my sword so it doesn't stop actually dealing damage. feels bad man

3u on 3ds doesn't have online, right?

1. Bazel
Its the only good one
2. Bazel
Its the only good one
3. Bazel
Its the only good one

I want to give my slutico the sausage

Massive release for you here today guys. 3 discs, 83 tracks, it's the Monster Hunter: World Original Soundtrack. Big scans, accurate rip, and just a really beautiful soundtrack you need to hear. Seems to absolutely include additional studio work and compositional tweaks, beating the PCM soundtrack in parts. This also actually surfaced in English on iTunes, taking the guesswork out of translation.

FLAC: mediafire.com/?9qlgr3ljxsx6b2o
MP3: mediafire.com/?tb30748a8g0tanf

Love you, /mhg/!

Actually forgot these games, now it makes total sense. Bow + "dinosaurs" = normies think about hunting. Sad and disgusting.

>tfw bow is pretty fun now but popular bow runs make people flock to it who have no idea how to do anything on it
Fun times.

>Doing Endemic quests
>Chilling in base about to return
>Suddenly see Parts Broken notification
Bazel finally got what he deserves. Looks like Dodo and Uragaan got him good.

Niggas please spoonfeed me on how to make XX on citra run well. I've tried various builds from the pastebin and I've turned 3d off and it still runs like shit. What can I do?

>3 discs, 83 tracks
Is there really that much? Jesus, I haven't even noticed 10 songs. And it's not like I dislike all of the music in this game or anything, I just find that number hard to believe.

I wish he was in

Is the arena GS the best GS? Im not sure...

>drowning in KO gems
>unlocked impact mantle recently
>first augment was a hammer/HH one
what is this game trying to tell me?

Best Switchaxe?

That you are quite stunning.
When in doubt, blos it out.

too many fingers

They should seriously consider taking a look at the balance for multiplayer. It's fucking ridiculous how long it takes to stun, sever, and break shit.

Also
>guild cross set looks Veeky Forums as fuck
>have to grind the boring arena for a week straight to get the whole set
>mfw

the game has been doing the same to me with bow.
embrace it.

Nerg, Diablos with Non-Elemental Up.

no

I really hope you don't actually own a cat and molest it but you probably do catfucker

yeah, what the fuck me too I keep getting hammer decos and augments

My penis doesn't care

Guys, how do we fix him?

Teo. Fuck the team and just proc blast everytime you hit anything.

The fuck do you mean, this is the most annoying kushala in years.

Are gooks the most carried race in MH?
>Hosted 5x Tempered EDs so far tonight
>Wanna help everyone get decos, not just farm myself
>3 of 5 are fucking fails because gooks keep carting

FUCKU RUUU

delete him from the game

Welp I finally beat Nergigante at the cost of all my potions and 5 failures
He stopped spamming the stupid rolling attack and barely did the tackles which are what kept fucking me over

>Nergi is the easiest non tempered elder dragon
>Nergi is also the hardest tempered elder dragon
How?

Make it so he doesn't fly and make it so his most threatening move isn't just jumping foward.

So trying out gunning in Low Rank on an alt, is there a decent early LBG/HBG to have fun with?

I ran the numbers earlier today, best GS are Jagras > Arena > Vaal. This assumes non-element up, and augmenting for optimal damage.

So do arena quests scale the monsters up or you down?

>hurrdurr voucher ONLY gives more money, nothing else
>There's a little lucky voucher icon right beside "Quest rewards" above your quest reward mats
Guess that's just a red herring huh fags

Is she proof that a hunter impregnated his felyne at one point?

>Hero Streamstone
>its for lance

i found vaal to be the easiest of both
he is such a pushover despite his look

Best non-elemental GS before augments. Jagras will technically be marginally better afterwards, and people still argue if just running Handicraft on Vaal Hazak's is better.

>tfw no nurse palicos

your penis is retarded then

It could be the other way around too ya know

>Nergi is the easiest non tempered elder dragon
That would be either Kushala or Vaal

>Nergi is also the hardest tempered elder dragon
Tempered Teo makes him seem easy as fuck in comparison

Can't wait for the Bezel-Deviljho party pooper tag team.

Make it so that when you flash bomb him he doesn't stay down for ten minutes and he doesn't take to the air as soon as he recovers to be flash bombed again.

No, she is a wyverian that is just wearing fake cat ears.

There's a thunder one—looks like a drum—that's very good versus Nergigante. Earplugs L and heal songs out the ass. It lets me carry my bad friends through that hunt.

Thanks a lot for this.

So, I'm kinda new to all this shit. Been using the heavy gun.

Is the Shield mod for HBG really broken? I slapped it on as soon as I could and basically nothing could even chip me for the next 20 hours. But now bigger monsters are starting to chip through it and I feel like I'm getting really bad habits by just standing motionless and facetanking everything

does Shield stay good forever or should I get rid of it now so I actually know how to dodge

monster up, you stuck with the shitty gear and skill they provide

Is the Driven by the Stars and Proof of a Hero mix we heard in the Elder Dragons Trailer in there? That's the only song I want.

>slashing, at all

just charged O > triangle + O and repeat whenever you're not in axe form

That's what I thought. Pukei-Pukei took way too long to kill with the Jagras GS compared to when I did it for the quest with the same weapon. Thanks.

Jagras and Arena are identical in total raw after augmenting, however Jagras has an extra 3 slot. Vaal also has the exact same raw, but requires handicraft to get there putting it behind both.

real talk, I do like how most monsters don't bother fighting until provoked
except for small monsters
fuck those little guys, I don't wanna be bothered by an entire army of girros every time I so much as look in their direction

Is Diablos the best DB?

pls respond

well I could augment one GS weapon, but Im not sure on which to use it. Vaal looks so sexy tho

Is it possible to put spread/power shot on R1?

Without fucking up Dragon Piercer?

charge your sword and use your SAED even if you might flop it because there is no risk or penalty

>yfw they made Normal S trash because they thought it'd be balanced out by the addition of special ammo
siege mode died for this

Apparently quest failures count towards the quests done for the cultivation box to progress
This changes things...
If so; one could do an optional and immediately cart X times to fail, come back do it again, etc until cultivation box is full

>tztokjad monster man of many flashbangs
>arguably the easiest fight out of all large monsters
>ninteen shamos show up
>staggered and flashed into submission

Only if you have the right setup.

If you don't, always just make the Nerg version.

>6 Million copies
>Not a single tempered elder investigation up
Really makes me think

I love you.

Vaal and Nerg are about on the same level. Tempered Nerg carts way more people than tempered Teo. I mean people are generally extremely careful around tempered Teo and will spam flash pods to keep him at bay. People generally aren't that careful around tempered Nerg and I've seen them cart to his regular attacks.

They shoul- *staggered by wind* they should mak- *staggered by wind* they should make it so he d- *staggered by wind* they should make it so he doesn't creat- *staggered by wind* they should make it do he doesn't as many torn- *staggered by wind* they should make it so he doesn't create as many tornadoes

Total meme desu

nerg is better for end game grinding

end

You don't even need to cart. You can just start it and abandon it

What two weapons are augmented from Hero's Streamstone: Shaft? Insect Glaive and?

normalfag flavor of the month

Main a weapon that can easily launch them from carves like GS.
>Sleep bomb ruined
Nip
>Get tripped while trapping/tranqing
Nip
>Player makes Frenchie look good
Nip
>Gets carted and doesn't use a max potion or any atk/see buffs
Nip
>MULTIPLE CARTS AND ALMOST FAIL A QUEST EVEN WHEN THERE'S FELYNE INSURANCE AND 5 CARTS
I'm seeing more and more of my grandpa's attitude come out the longer I play

There are tons up though. They just get sniped by Nipples the second the host fires the flare.

thank you
so much

>Nothing can stop us!

What's the best SnS augment?
Slot?

Bow.

why do you even play online with randoms if you hate shitters so much

>there will never be a bloodborne cross over

feels bad man

>shipped

They go really quickly, since people are just spamming the filters in SOS to find them

Its best to try and solo them so you don't get constant carts, though