/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Gods and Bugs soon(?) edition

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Heat Signature, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, FTL, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

stardewvalley.net/update-on-1_3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wanna lick hollow knight's crotch

Hollow Knight is (possibly) not for lewd

Also is the release date for Gods & Glory still Soon? Or have they specified a date

No specific date has been given.

Well I guess that figures. Oh well, at least it should be soon.

stardewvalley.net/update-on-1_3/

1.3.6 soon

BITMAN is fun, but am I seriously supposed to open the observatory, run aaaaall the way back to the church, climb it, prepare a sniper rifle, and wait for David Caruso to look at me?

>BITMAN
hurr durr

Meant HITMAN.

HITMAN x Bit.Trip runner crossover when

Also yeah you are, if you want to complete that challenge.

Is it even possible? Don't you need Caruso to be in the place to notice the observatory is open?
Also I don't even have a sniper rifle unlocked.

He'll automatically notice it when he enters the observatory building

>Also I don't even have a sniper rifle unlocked.
Well you don't even need to worry about it (yet)

By the way, Italy mission best mission so far.

Yeah Sapienza's a pretty great mission place. Probably among my favourites.

3 hours later and the last thread finally dieded. Veeky Forums is sleepy tonight

Remember to pirate Subnautica.

I got it for 12 dollars in the mega humble bundle a year ago.

Remember not to pirate subnautica

I won't be tricked by a sea jew.

So far, my favourite missions for each Hitman I played are : the mansion in Contracts, the alcohol rehab clinic in Blood Money, and the Italy one in HITMAN.

So how is Heat Signiture?
It looks really fun, but is the late game just a buncha bullshit or does it stay fun?

Remember to not go diving without proper training and equipement.
And just like women, colorful fishes are dangerous, don't try to pet them.

You are now hearing the combo sound from LISA in your head.

Man I had a way easier time with mantis lords phase 2 than phase1. Being able to heal three times whenever they throw stuff really simplifies things. Dung defender also got a bunch easier on discovering I could interrupt his burrow. Shape of Unn is a weird charm but I guess I'm into it. Should I do dreamers, deepnest, or ancient lake first?

I never played Lisa though

loser!

*save the mech genre*

Dont be mean, user

How is OneShot?

It's like a pedophile.
It attracts you with candies, and then it leaves you sore and bitter.

Gameplay wise, it's a walking simulator with point and click elements, like Ib.

FUCKING WHEEEEEEEEEEN

Niko is a very sweet candy though

no lewd

Where the fuck is expedition?

Early 2020.

Expedited to never

Is the hitman guy around? I need help.

We are all many different types of guys, guy

It was been so long, i just dont care anymore.

niko is crying!

>city of tears
>a second copy of the boss appears
i guess that makes sense, the one alone isn't all that threatening
>third and fourth copies appear
FUCK
>there's still more husks in the background presumably waiting to animate
FUCK
OFF
My framerate going to trash due to being in city of tears isn't helping goddamn

Welcome to the Gank Knights, enjoy your stay

I ain't staying here, fuck that. I'm gonna go fuck around in deepnest or figure out what else double jump opened.

Clearly crying tears of joy because of those pancakes

Can I get all the Geneforge from one place?

Yeah, they are bundled in most stores I think. On GOG it's on sale for $3 for the whole series right now.

probably had a shitty valentine's day. what did you give niko?

I wanna play Gods and Glory, damnit.

just rerun trial of the fool
that's fun, right?

Their mama

Bullying Niko!

Vvulf ain't shit

So how is Celeste?

Am I the only one that likes Rabi-Ribi?

Yes

What.

Too bad.
Well, at least I got a (You) out of it. Got any more?

In other news the turn into a worm while casting heal makes the fight before shade soul infinitely easier because you can heal during fireballs. Fuck that guy's fireballs.

I've got a friend who's hella into it but I only cleared through DATABASE DATABASE boss.

this gave me big LISA flashbacks

>DATABASE BOSS
Syaro? If so then that's chapter 3, you would have played for quite a bit.

Niko more like lewdo

give Niko the Diko!

Diko Sulahian?

Why are the new RPG horror maker games so shit? The only remotely decent one is Purgatory, which took me less than an hour and had a pathetic excuse of an ending. Did all the competent devs die or is there a place filled with the good stuff that I somehow don't know about?

There aren't a lot of good devs yes, I liked Blank Dream and Blight Dream, Blight Dream is relatively recent too.

Should I play other Spiderweb games?

CEASE.

i have successfully cheesed the fuck out of nosk by standing in a corner while he runs over me and have eaten one out of three dreamers
queen's garden navigation can eat a dick

Did you remember to cut the chandelier or am I thinking of something else?

I found it but one less is still too many.

I have only played the Geneforge series so I can't say. But Spiderweb games are long, and honestly a bit of an aquired taste. The original Avernum and Geneforge series are dirt cheap when on sale so you won't lose much money anyway, but if you intend to play them I'd go with only one of these series at first.

I'll cease on his face

Check out Deadrinds if you want comfy spooky. Played the demo and it was pretty alright, although the combat could use some work. The art is pretty neat and the story isn't half bad either, wish the demo was longer though.

Good job

So anyone played catacomb kids? Is it as cheap as vids make it look, where basically everything is a 1 or 2 hit kill? Looks fun otherwise.

I keep considering Geneforge but then I remember its 6 parts long and supposedly each part is long, its not just like 1 game split into 6 bits. And then I decide nah.

Is Mario and the Music Box any good

Because you're comparing five games that came out over the course of several years to a batch that came out over the course of six months. It's like whining that there are no more great philosopher like Aristote or Diogenes in our time.

So I managed to make it to this particular boss fight in environmental station alpha...

Am I supposed to be too overwhelmed by everything going on screen that I have no way of comprehending things, or is it that I don't know how to deal with the homing orbs properly?

Mario and the Music Box is a masterpiece.

You need to get better

Only 5, Avernum is 6. The rest is entirely correct though. All of the games are your usual lengthy crpgs. It's the story of a long war, from the very early beginning of the conflict to its conclusion.

>Expedition
He

Hehe

Hehehe

Something you want to share with us, jack?

What, like that his mind is breaking down?

also, if i'm in the middle of a charge shot, does that mean I HAVE to use it before he finishes throwing underhanded or is there some way to consistently kill the little punishment guys he throws out before they can damage you? Because I've done it before, I just don't know how to make it happen consistently.

Avernum 1-3 are a must for CRPG fans. Avernum 4-6 are an acquired taste because you must really like jeff's writing to endure the awful gameplay and lazily implemented 3d graphics.

Nethergate is on the same vein as the original Avernums and Avadon 1-3 have excellent writing and follows all the must-dos of RPGs, but has one of the most boring settings and environments this side of the genre.

The modern Avernums aren't bad and have (small) extra content, but you have two major cons which are dumbed down gameplay and no 2d pixel charm

does super indie stuff like rpg maker games and shit you only see posted in indiejolt make it here

or this is only for "big" indie releases

Which is better though, Exile or Avernum?

This is it? This is the reward for beating one of the most obnoxious bosses the game could imagine? TWO DATA ENTRIES I COULD HAVE LOOKED UP ONLINE?

Please tell me this triggers something else.

I'm not sure you can run Exile without DOS emulators

I have no idea about that series, never played it, from what I understand, exile is true oldschool meaning it's fucking ruthless trial and error where you don't even have dialogue choices. Gameplay is about top-down fighting several dozen enemies at any time with a 6 man team, and extreme variety of spells, plus I think some sort of spell crafting system that was OP as fuck. The story and most text is the same, with very minor edits.

If you like that kind of CRPG, you will like it. But it's -extremely- niche.

>one of the most obnoxious bosses the game could imagine

Beat it, but still bad.

being bad at the game doesn't make something that punishes your instincts much less annoying.

I have downloaded that series, just in case if Vogel ever changes his mind and makes them disappear, like he did with Nethergate. Seems to run fine.

The graphics and the parser dialog have a certain charm, and parser in general tends to make exploration more interesting. Trying a new keyword on a hunch and getting an answer is less banal than clicking a dialog option. But I don't know if they are a better way to experience this saga than Avernum, or if I have the time to experiment and find out. Then again I'm taking a long break after G5 so I'll have plenty of time to read some forum discussions.