Spessmen on a spess station /ss13g/

Last Thread:
Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station:
> Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>OH GOD MY GAME FROZE BUT I CAN STILL SEE CHAT HOW 2 FIX??
Try the latest 512 version! It SHOULD be mostly functional
If that doesn't work, downgrade your BYOND version to byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.exe

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs + Discord circlejerk
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs
discord.gg/c32NDYj

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation
discord.gg/nfmjc56

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>Round Stats
stats.ss13.moe/

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/z7czw5WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=52OFAmirOfU
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/17458
youtube.com/watch?v=thhaf-bKWyg
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/17460
ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3877&p=20824
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/11779
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for a thread of greentexts, game discussions and funny images.
1st for a thread of no shitposting, drama, shitflinging or shit that should be on the forums.
1st for an actually tood thread.

Probe is literally back right now.

No shit I made the thread nerd.

Do people still post minerals in the thread?

Elim be gone, sadly.

Would have thought I would be higher but that's probably because I actually don't play much

>10,000 units of hyperzine

This is too much even over several years

It would be quite marbleous if they did.

I'm surprised I'm on this list at all.
I only ever create Hyperzine by request.
450u is pretty smoll though, I just expected more players with bigger numbers.

In 3 years I really haven't even made 360u hyperzine??

Not being on this list is a little weird

Is that actually you, Probe?
Some of your old Github issues you closed were not referenced by anything else. Did you confirm the bugs no longer existed before closing them?

That's a shame.

99% of what I closed were feature requests and the remaining 1% were runtime logs that don't matter a year later.

I've got quite a collection from when Elim used to post them.
It's actually what inspired me to eventually buy my own slice of pallasite.

Are minerals spess related?

Fair enough, but I'm going to reopen the one that is just labeled as an oversight.

CMO jacket on Deff should become a vampire cape, but maybe that's taking things a little too far.

Looking nice.

>Spend first 45 minutes of the round helping other crew because I can.
>Find shuttle, explore space
>Everyone's alive on station, things are calm, people are playing around
>Think I have time to autism since nothing is happening
>Get halfway through bringing materials out to the shuttle to retrofit it into a home for an AI, my inevitable goal is to have an AI buddy with me on the DJ station
>Shuttle called
>No hope, no prayer
Had I not spent that first 45 minutes, I might have been able to do it too.

We were hit with 5 or so viruses that were lethal. sadly.
everyone was dying or dead.

On reflection that one should have stayed open even if I doubt it'll be addressed ever.

Yeah. I found out after the fact that the reason it was so calm was everyone was fucking dead.

Its been a dream project of mine. To get a functional AI to the DJ station, or get there as an AI myself, but actually accomplishing that is a logistical nightmare.

I also combined it with my dream of having a fully decked out shuttle, so perhaps the ambition was a bit much.

>CMO riding around in memechair
>Whatever time to autism genetics
>Get jump
>Diseases happen?
>Magic D20 gibs CMO and blows up the chemfridge
>Kill a cluwne that came from the D20
>Guy running over people with the memechair
>Try to hide it in the patient room in case it was an accident
>They follow me in so I run them over several times and throw them out of medbay
>They fully heal from crit so I figure they're some sort of antagonist or something
>Surgery meme the traitor CMO
>Forget to punch them after defibbing them for a while
>Go to give them back the chair but it got stolen
>Prepare to fuck up whoever the fuck stole it
>Use jump power
>Smack into the person with the chair with enough force to instant crit them due to paper skin
Street justice

Man, if the chief got a new and edgy jacket on deff I'd both start voting for deff and playing CMO again, sheesh.

I've done that once as an AI on a slow round, actually; I saw someone on the CMC who was at the DJ station, so I just used telesci to zoop myself to their coords. You should be able to find it yourself (with borg assistance) if you're proficient at fishing for the dere with tsci.

I didn't even think of using telescience. AI cores are rarely if ever tele'd.

Can you make the wheelchairs look like the syndicate wheelchair? All red - just for looks though not real syndie chairs

I don't think it would be a big deal for balance and they'd fit the edgy theme

Never help people if you want to do shit
Always be a head to recall

>Make announcements
>Hand out spaceacillin
>Make announcements
>Quarantine
>Make announcements
>Work on curing them specifically while running blood samples to identify the viruses so you know when you've cured everything loose and when new ones show up from random events
>Make announcements
>Hand out cure
>Make announcements
>Clone retards that ignore 4 symptoms without breaking 2 windows and flipping a table to get spaceacillin
>Make announcements
What the actual fuck happened to the skill level of the server?

There was no spaceacillin to be found, CMO was dead, other doctors not there yet or MIA. take anti bodies and symptoms stop, randomly forced to suicide on asteroid later.

If you really wanted to mess around, you could teleport your core hither and yon whenever you want to have a heart-to-heart with someone, then receive yourself when you finish.

Thanks

As for a new jacket you'd have to get a real spriter for that, Blithering might volunteer though he does stuff if he thinks it sounds interesting. I could just recycle the vampire cloak too.

I'll do a pallet swap labcoat for doctors who would rather fit in with theme too, it's just the biggest hassle because you need four directions for it.

It's definitely possible if people want that.

There's syringes of it in the vendors and you can make all you want. Mechanics and the mommi nest have spare circuit printers

That's why you need to formally id the viruses. You need to stay on top of how many there are. The longer the round is, the more likely a missed virus is. You need to scan people in the adv body scanner to make sure you've gotten it all.

Please Probey I like my blue coat, thank you very much.

You saying the CMO cleared out the 60u that starts in each vendor? Because if so he was really thinking ahead. It's not that hard to make though. Doen't take any special ingredients.

Could be both, like how there's a HOS helmet and dermal. Not like the jacket's an antag jectie anyway.

Any potential extra coat would just go in the CMO locker, not replace the one that spawns on you

youtube.com/watch?v=52OFAmirOfU
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/17458

>accounting for three digit z-levels
I've heard of future-proofing but this is ridiculous.

Should be youtube.com/watch?v=thhaf-bKWyg
Does it only play to in-view instead of telling people 80 tiles away because of how areas work

>Multiz gets merged
>Space station map where every former z-level (e.g.: the station, the mining level, the tcommsat level) now has 20 of its own levels

Lost, labyrinthine... alone

So what's the rough times before you should re-calibrate anyway?

Is it just an increasing chance, or is there a certain number before bad things start happening?

>Logic puzzles utilizing doors, blast doors, pipes, vents, scrubbers, disposals, etc. in a shifting maze of a space hulk
>Shivering as you slowly starve to death

Last I heard you get at least 10 zaps before it fizzles and you need to recalibrate, although you might want to grep for "fizzles weakly" and see the code for yourself. Anyway, just keep track of how many times you use it and recalibrate after the tenth.

Isn't it also possible to spawn in a bunch of unfriendly mobs if you continue? I've never actually triggered that. I'm testing it on the test server right now, but I'm still unsure.

>Hit gibtonite
>It explodes after one tick and sends you tumbling four levels down
>Dazed, bleeding, you patch yourself only to realize you see the shadow of something on the level above you -- a basilisk leaps down, you make for the tunnels. A goliath cuts you off..

I don't remember what the chance is, but I remember that it's insanely low. Like, 1 in hundreds of thousands.

I'm not certain, but theoretically 4 or 5 moderate water-potass explosions should theoretically destroy it. It's what I do to get rid of clowncarts left in the way. You can get the beakers at cargo

Oh, that fucking rare?

I've always been hyper careful and done like a reset every 5, but it appears I've been concerned for nothing.

Yeah it's -possible-. However it's got to fail a 95% chance, 5% chance 1% chance, 5% chance and then succeed on a 1% chance all in a row.

It was nerfed/disabled. I haven't had it in 5 years

teles_left = rand(12,14)
So it's minimum 10 after you calibrate it.

Thats Kurfurst not me. I also wouldn't change an identifier like a uniform or want to support making sure that everything plays nicely with the new object (antag objectives etc). If I did it I'd just add in a new one for the closet.

Okay, so yeah. I'll keep that in mind.

How does the religion conversion work? Every attempt I get is a failure.

*Like a 0.045% chance each fizzle if I have that right.

Your target gets a dialog box that has "yes" and "no." Maybe your religion sucks.

You have to roleplay and convince them to join user.

Which reminds me, could we have RP Rev, it's just rev but head revs convert people like religious converting, instead of flash spamming.

We already have RP rev. It's called ayy senpai, this craptain's gone nuts. Let's go raid him.

o
I thought it was just a targeted spell, that makes more sense now

Yep
Also you need to splash holy water on them, so stay next

I also mark for mortar mains.

What did he mean by this?

>450u is pretty smoll though, I just expected more players with bigger numbers.

I'm honestly surprised too, maybe it's because not everyone makes 90u in one go like I do

About time

time to put spses on monkeymen

>memes
*sigh
looks away
"I miss the old Veeky Forums"

>github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/17460
I got a suggestion: delete deff

how is it memes
are stun batons memes?

Make an issue and i'm sure it will be addressed

Honestly deff should be pop gated like packed is, only for higher pops. Im tired of deadpop deff rounds.

What if we replaced the shard with a singulo and only half of the rad collectors set up to fit deffs theme?

Deff is great

Deff is tolerable with pop and insufferable on deadpop.
>log in
>deff
>log out

Its not a meme, deff is just a bad map to run right now.

ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3877&p=20824

This is the person people were defending last thread.

Carsh you are a metagrudging cunt and no better than Solarious. I'd rather see you gone again, to be fair. You've been way, way more annoying IC and OOC since you ass-kissed your way to being unbanned.

He shouldn't have fagged up spires along with ss13.

I really have no idea how you could still be so autistically obcessed with this event from last year. Its kind of pathetic we are still even talking about this.

It's Carsh, what do you expect? He cries to his mommy when someone slightly inconveniences him. He's the same person who keeps "shitter hunting" in the thread so he can post ban-requests/feedback threads yet he's no better than the people he does them for.
He's genuinely doing what got Solarious banned in the first place and everyone is turning a blind eye to it.

And let me add he's worse because he's clearly hung up on years old drama and trying to get someone banned from Veeky Forums for a thing they did not on Veeky Forums.
Plus, doesn't really help he can't stop himself from using images he's previously had as an avatar or spammed so much with his name attached only he would ever use them.
One of the worst players and people who have ever been on this server and I wish he would have stayed at TG.

Would you two rub neckbeards and shut the fuck up already, we dont really need any more drama shit.

I think a problem related to this is how thirsty people are to ahelp the borgs or sec. I personally think the silicons laws are shit and people are ruthless at calling out slip ups on them. I cant really say for sec laws other than from what i see as a third party. The sec borg pr is probably going to save some people some ban time.

I dont even want to talk about how retarded keeper laws are. Why do we even have mommis on the main station if literally no one can play the job without getting bwoinked at some point.

Some people masturbate off drama.
That's their main reason for coming here.
They just want to see how much damage they can do to a community.

Yeah, no shit. Nobody cares or wants this besides Carsh who can't stop trying to stir up drama

ded gaem ded serb

>deff
>2 players

Those poor bastards.

Thoughts on lovegame?

Eh, I chug hyperzine instead of finding food when I work sci, sue me

Gonna level with you, it'd be nice if they both get dunked. He did a great job proving why discord is cancer

Discord is a good alternative to IRC for coders to exchange and people to discuss game balancing (which in the later case doesn't exempt from server polls and GitHub discussions), but not needed for the rest.

The server itself was the place where people would come to discuss
that's what OOC is meant to be used for. And that's part of why the server pop is dwindling.

>haven't made enough hyperzine to make the list
sad

>viruses
literally just inject your blood and radium into a monkey, wait ~3 minutes for the monkey to keel over and get your antibodies. Virologist not required.

>Keel over
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/11779

>not wanting me as your valentine
i'd put in all this effort for you, can you name another waifu who would do the same?

I'd cum inside no condom

Cute. Shame it's TG.
Waifufaggotry being the scourge of ss13 aside, of course.

Nice place. How much did you actually have to build?

How am I not there? I used to make 14u pills every time I went xenoarch'ing. How many years ago do those stats gather from?

I like the valentines event a lot, it's cute. Brings in some lame RP which is fun and gives you something sort of specific to do with someone. Shame my date that round killed themselves just as I finished it up. Only had one successful date in about 6 rounds I played.
All of it, I mined all of the materials, did all the piping, got another miner to get the PACMAN and blue pump though. Their pipes are buggy though so the vent set-up in the back is wrong and only really semi functional. I even grew and cooked the food myself, although I did break into botany to do so and leeched off another miners kills.
No lewd please, only dinner and then a "maybe we'll see each other again sometime"

>those sprites
jesus fucking CHRIST

I WILL cum inside