/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Databases with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and various /mhg/ ones exist.
In the 3DS games, create or find a Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15073942
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLldNgdLVBzhJY2dpeQs3VxPUJweHln7xd
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk8Ymom4vgBubm2PxcBR5idDQECy2YxrN
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XYvKOMGIgpoWHEyJF9o6_IVx8dpTOPRFf17DxjAnCYc/edit#gid=914380646
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop calling me grandpa for praising FU

Nyan nyan

Using lance, what's the best weapon/armor set to have while trying to farm Nergi?

ok grandpa

Vaal Hazak

In the desert map, where are all the palico locations?

I found the one near the water and the one in that little drop right by the big sand area, but I can't find the last one.

why don't you look at the weapon and armor

What's the matter twerp, never seen a girl before?

>we will never see her again

Ok Huntsman

Would you let your palico sharpen your weapon?

Cute huntresses

What's the easiest tempered monster to farm first?

Is there anything more brainless and boring then two Diablos charging at you over and over again?

Who wants to be my special someone?

DLC soon

>my special someone
Valentine's was yesterday, just SOS it you fug.

Reposting the pool from yesterday, vote wich console you use to play MHW

strawpoll.me/15073942

>tfw you can use your shield to protect your shieldless bros from an attack
Wide area guard decoration when?

fucking granpa, wake up!

the Huntsman is C U T E

>even while asleep, he flexes

Yes

>trusting a japshitter
Guess I'll solo it then, just wanted someone else to get in on this super-easy but rewarding 9*

What's the Arena Lass' problem?

>that single xbone player

top kek

Hunter weaklings.

>tfw you can't prohibit people who are under 100 HR from joining your game
I'm sure that would gatekeep like 90% of Japs

Is attack up viable to go all the way until 7, or is better to stop on 4/5?

that would gatekeep 95% of players

>people fell for the jagras GS meme

Good luck with your shitty blue sharpness.

>finally get some good gems
>can make fun, functional (almost) full sets instead of hideous clown suits
It's a lot of fun, especially hunting things that aren't elders now I've done the autismo grind.

Great Wyvern Jawblade master race

Is there anything more brainless and boring than _____ sport tossing you the ball XD

Protip: If you finally get a tempered Nerg investigation, just sit in camp till 6-7 mins are left then put on ghillie mantle and pick up the 70 or so tracks he leaves behind while he walks back and forth in the one area he spawns in.

Good. Fucking tempered elder dragons fill up in like a second and most of the people rushing to get in are shitter chinks.

im pretty sure you can set your matchmaking to be same language

>Rarity 7 appraisal stones can give you R6 decos
>Rarity 6 appraisal stones can give you R5 decos
remove this

You can

>get garbage from warped stone
>worn stone turns into a set bonus
This fucking system needs to burn

>The Virgin World
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLldNgdLVBzhJY2dpeQs3VxPUJweHln7xd
>The Chad MHO
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk8Ymom4vgBubm2PxcBR5idDQECy2YxrN

>finally get an my dream CB set+deco
>get this
wtf i'm a nip TAutist now

I think there are no decorations exclusive to certain stone rarity. Higher rarity just have a better chance at higher quality decorations.
Not entirely sure though. I'm not very far into gem grinding post-game yet.

HELP

I stop at 4 because getting it up to 7 would only be 0.1% more attack (for my cb). I'm not even sure 4 is worth it, but I don't have enough decos to play around with other builds.

The last two drinks are from Piscine/Endmeic Life Reasearchers' quest lines.

I swear I did all of them. I'll check again thanks.

While you take your sweet time sipping your potions, I'm already hitting the monster by the time I finished flexing.

And while you're reeling from tremors, I'm rolling through them like nothing.

Whats a good hammer armour set? The one I am using is good looking but I don't really want to use the eyepatch anymore purely becuase I like helmets better

Take your helmet off pussy

>Tackle and true charge has completely changed GS

We'll never go back, and im glad.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XYvKOMGIgpoWHEyJF9o6_IVx8dpTOPRFf17DxjAnCYc/edit#gid=914380646

Assuming I'm an enemy with 3* dragon weakness, would Nerg GS with its 48 more damage or Vaal GS(without handicraft) with its 150 more dragon be better?

You might have to talk to them on certain maps to trigger the corresponding quests.

>fucking faggot nips interrupts me from carving two hunts in a row
>drop nerg weapon and weakness exploit deco for a xeno weapon and 3 flinch free gems
>damage output is now completely shit
>don't even need to fucking carve because I have all the gems and mats I need from running this shit so many times
It's just the fucking principles, man. I'm going to be a useless count for the rest of the game because fuck japanese people.

you could always use rathalos chest + pants if you hate the eyepatch

Assuming I'm fighting*

Too bad its clunkier than oldschool GS, which is ironic despite World's streamlining of other weapons so far.

I'm currently running Eyepatch/Bagel Torso/Nergi Arms, Waist and Legs. I probably should have said that first too. What are my highest priority decos? I'm guess weakness, earplugs, attack, focus(???), critical?

>got fucking daora gem first investigation i do when farming the kushala chestpiece
jesus wow thank you god

FUCKING GIVE ME A CRIT BOOST DECO FUCK FUCK FUCK

ITS BEEN A WEEK FUCK FUCK

Just don't play with them?

Doesn't matter, you still take more raw damage than element like any other monster anyway.

Besides, what sort of monster are you with tha elemental weakness? Rath, Radobaan or Vaal?

>Play original MH on emulator a few years back
>Try to i-frame stuff because I played Dark Souls and figured that was how all games worked
>Couldn't i-frame through shit, roll seemingly had no i-frames, or if it did, it was only enough to help you get out of the way of stuff, not enough to roll straight through an active hitbox
>Really fall in love with the style of combat where pre-emptive positioning was how you avoided damage, and realizing that in many cases, what killed me was not a failure to react to a tell, but rather being in the wrong spot at the wrong time
>Play MHW, seems like more of the same
>As an example, Pink Rathian did seemingly unreactable roar > tail flip that would instantly cart me, but I could just make sure I was standing a bit to the side of it any time it was in an idle animation so that tail would miss me if it decided to roar
>Really love how this resulted in the game being fair and challenging, while still feeling like a struggle between Man vs. Nature. A huge stun from a roar into an unavoidable kill made you feel powerless, but with the right strategy and tools you could persevere and win.
>Get around to watching some monster kills in both MHW and some older games. Some TAs, some not.
>People react to every threat by i-framing through it
>Roars and other stuff I thought were meant to be unreactable ways to punish people for bad positioning actually had tells I was just missing before
>everything just looks like a Bloodborne boss fight, but with bombs and traps and a lot more hitpoints

Tell me this isn't what Monster Hunter really is. Tell me all the positioning and pre-planning and being cognizant of what the monster is about to do, rather than just what it is currently doing, isn't reducible to the single skillcheck of timing i-frames.

I'm really loving World, but this is one of those games where I look at the end-game content, and all the excitement I have about getting good at the game turns to dread.

As a new bowgun player I can give steady damage with my hbg but I still fell weak.I'm currently using a nerg set with tobi arms so I have the usual nerg skills with AuXL. I can fight the elders right now and i'm looking for general sets to work towards and recommended strats for certain fights. The weapon doesn't feel week but it doesn't have anywhere near the amount of oomph it used to have.

Vaal GS is better even from a raw standpoint because you'd always run Vaal with handicraft.
Nerg is pretty mediocre in terms of GS, Vaal is the cutoff.
You can basically ignore elemental on GS, it adds fuck all to your damage output.

Huntsman = Gen 1, you can't like FU if you played starting from 1 because there's Dos inbetween.

Post Beetlejuice memes please.

Its both you can augment certain parts of the combat ()like evasion window,distance,stamina recovery ect) but its limited with the skill point system.

Don't bully Bagel. He just want to be your friend.

>Not wearing helmets

Disgusting lack of game.

Nice drawing.

>eyepatch is almost mandatory in every build for every weapon.

Kinda wish it was something grander, like an actual dragon helmet or something.

CB bros, am I doing this right?

So with the SnS out I triangle three times, triangle + circle a couple times, rinse repeat until I can charge all my phials, then from charging them I go to do an AED, but charge the shield instead, then I do SnS shit again until I have enough to charge my phials, charge them, then go into SAED for tons of damage

What do I do when my sword starts bouncing off of stuff? Do I just recharge my phials anyway even if they're all full already?

nergi helm, rath soul chest, kaiser gloves, nergi coil, kirin legs, WE charm

you can replace the chest with normal dober, get the eyepatch and replace the WE charm with MM if you have a free element deco (loosk better and gives you more slots)

I think that's basically the default set for both guns right now. xeno doesn't seem worth it anymore since the slicing nerf

Every time I True Strike, I get to see up my huntress's skirt

I like it. Eyepatches are cool.

>WE nerf
I can smell it already

He looks really fucking dumb with that bomb beard, I understand they were trying to go for a lion theme with him but should have the bombs go all around his head like a mane

>Wearing an eyepatch more beneficial than something that is more practical AND cool

For ever TA video where they seemingly effortlessly just roll through roars with no evasion skills, there are dozens of attempts when they get stunned and fail. You only see the most successful ones.
Ever wondered why in those videos the monster AI decides to use attacks with minimal pushback which the player can superarmor through without getting pushed back and follow through with their attack that conveniently staggers the monster when it was about to punish them? Because they got lucky. They tried and tried until all things went their way.

>tfw my first was 20 minutes since odogaron and blos fucked my shit up
am i bad bros

>not wanting to hinder your peripheral vision
Lol what a fag

>Counting staggers is being lucky
lol

Don't bother with triangle combo. Use charged circle + shield thrust.

Also, when your shield is charged, hold triangle when you charge phials. Your sword will be charged too and you get mind eye that way.

As for supercharged state, just find and opening to unload saed or simply charge phials and reapply charge on your sword

>Counting staggers
lol

>those nights where you just absolutely cannot stop fucking up

Anyone else hoping for Alatreon, Oroshi Kirin and Lunastra coming with Jho in March? I doubt they'd release just one monster at a time.

Lunastra, sure, Alatreon? Fuck no, retcon that shit.

3U~4U's version of WE was better anyway for consistency. Guaranteed 5+ more damage on weakspots is more rewarding than a 50/50 chance to do 25% more damage on weakspots.

I don't care what anyone says this game needs a transmog function

The triangle combo actually does decent damage. It just charges phials much slower. And you don't always have the time to fully charge circle. It's better to do a couple of triangle swings than to whiff a charged circle completely.

It was on the leaked list so Alatreon is definitely coming at some point user

oh yeah definitely. either a linear 10/20/30 or a 5 point 10-50. still worth it either way I think

What weapon can I play where I can pretend to be competent and contributing to my team when in reality I'm putting in minimal effort while everyone else does all the work?

Is Fire/Thunder/Etc Attack worth it as a skill?

Sitting on Fire Attack 5 hunting Kirin and I don't feel like I'm doing more damage