/mcg/ - Minecraft General

High fecundity edition.
Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

[23 jan 2018] the thaumcraft
[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
>multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/birds-foods/files/2517305
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/scaling-health
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/1292668-1-7-1-9-themastercavers-mods-and-tweaks
youktube.com/watch?v=VhMjlzWwGJM
youtube.com/watch?v=VhMjlzWwGJM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I always get so bored once I reach a certain level of automation and resource acquisition, and a lot of mechanics like animal husbandry fall to the wayside because it's too easy to acquire a mass of loot and then ignore them forever
It's like there's a ton of things I haven't finished building but I don't care because it only means more RF I have no use for or more iron when I already have a thousand ingots piled up
Next world's gotta be super low tech or a TC-only pack

What advice can you give to someone who can never get far into the game? I've played it a few times over the past 7 years but I can never seem to get far. Also how do people translate inspirational builds into Minecraft builds?

>someone mentioned Botanical Addons last thread
Does it really only add colored grass and a shock focus clone?

How to properly set and run modded server?

type that into google

I don't have google

>add some kind of anti-mana/mana drain creeper
>adds potion effect(s)
>no config to change potionIDs
Dropped before I even started

>have decent puter and interbutt connection
>make instance
>launch dedicated server
>make sure your router isn't completely fucked and allows external connections to your server
>close the dedicated server because you have no friends

So you want to go on a large mining trip, well then time to get some equipment. Let's see what kind of pickaxe you need.
>wood: >
>stone: cheap but useless
>iron: only 250 uses, pretty useless
>gold: pfft
>diamond: overkill
And then people whine about how TCon is too overpowered. No, a random enchantment that you can only get after going on a mining trip doesn't fix this.
Either raising the durability of all tools other than diamond by 1.5x to 2x, or just adding a new tier above iron should be enough.

combining damaged picks gives a durability bonus, and the answer is you either take diamond, some RF/Mana/Energy modpick or multiple iron and stone.

I'm keep getting
>fatally missing registry entries

Speaking of the somewhat common 1.10+ mod Actually Additions you can convert redstone into a pick material that has like 550 uses or so as well as an expensive item repairer.

are you using MultiMC?
does the instance run properly in single player mode?

Realize most mods are hot garbage and the true fun of minecraft is creative mode

Yep

I dunno then

>jewgle thinks a toll booth is a bridge

harvestcraft is comfy

(shit)

i just got myself a bukkit server, its might not be whats best, but checking up on youtube for tutos about how to set it up, its quite easy to do so and there are lots of plugins available

infinity.mymcserver.org

Reminder that this happened.
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/birds-foods/files/2517305

I had pam's harvestcraft on my server but xeno's reliquary's glowing bread made the entire mod obsolete.

Honestly, once you've done it once or twice, gathering resources and teching up really does feel pointless.

What else should I add to this list?

Applied Energistics ?? Not having that is a big deal, unless that's your intention. Actually come to think of it I looked through your list but can't really see any of the big industry mods like Industrial-craft 2 or thermal expansion. So maybe you don't want that, idk. I just can't imagine living without a nice way to store items like that.
Bibliocraft is nice to have, especially the custom paintings.
>hats
That mod is fun.

Also remember to set level-type=BIOMESOP in server.properties before starting your server, otherwise it will just be a normal world.

Maybe you should have explained what your intention for what this server should be in the first place.

I'm thinking about comfy low-tech server for me and my friends, they never played with mods so I figured out that I will only install Immersive Engineering with addons, also when Thaumcraft 6 gonna come out for 1.12 I'm going to add it as well.
As for AE2 I don't really like it because I love making huge magazines with over 9000 chests

>1.12fags still don't have Logistics Pipes

is there a mod that would decrease starting health?
I know that taugh as nails does it but I don't want to install it only to disable almost every module

Fall damage will be a bitch. I suppose some sort of plugin wouldn't do that? I don't actually know anything about plugins and how they interact with mods though.

but im playing singleplayer

Also, I've been looking for mod that adds alternative way of spending expierence, because due to TiCon installed we won't use vanilla enchanting system

Is Mariculture any good?

The meme island continues to grow.

Industrial foregoing and thermal expansion add experience fluids and more uses but I think in the end its all related to enchanting.

>still
They will never have it. You're talking about the mod which took multiple months to update to BuildCraft 7 on 1.7.10 from BuildCraft 6 on 1.7.10.

>make a test world
>there's a gigantic crater that leads directly into y=4 and a bunch of huge caves right at spawn
But of fucking course that only happens on throwaway test worlds
And reusing the seed is pointless because apparently these caves aren't saved with them

>replace MineTweaker with CraftTweaker in my pack
>suddenly doesn't want to load worlds anymore
>find out that the mere fucking presence of the Minetweaker Recipe Maker folder in the scripts folder causes it to shit itself out
What the fuck
At least deleting it seems to have fixed the problem, hopefully nothing else breaks

Probably a recursive loading function that makes it shit itself, makes pretty good sense if you think about it

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/scaling-health
This thing seems to do it
Not for 1.7.10 though

Man, Islandfag TRULY is the most autistic of all of us. Please don't take this as a mean hearted jab at you, but HOLY FUCK he's the one guy using MC in the way that he likes and he dont give a fuck what anyone else thinks. He builds these crazy useless and ugly islands that no one will ever use for anything else, but he ENJOYS himself and that's all that matters.

Why aren't you more like islandfag /mcg/?

>essentia jars no longer show their essentia type on bibliocraft shelves
F U C K

Bibliocraft is shit. So much of it is on the edge of matching minecraft's "artstyle" and borderline too thin/highpoly/ not blocky enough

I just use it for the shelves.

Man those shelves could be a bit less thin and that table looks borked and out of place. The three stone plates on the brewing stand model are as thin as most anything should get in minecraft.

I always disable the lamps because of that. The seats bloat the fuck out of NEI but how the fuck are you going to have tables without chairs so I can't bring myself to disable them.

The table isn't even bibliocraft though. It's decocraft which is even more out of place but I was too lazy to go look for dark wood when I was making a table. The shelves look about as thin as an item frame.
Yeah the lamps look like shit.

>just found out that there's a version of Walled City Generator for 1.7.10
>it seems to work perfectly with RTG and MasterCaver's World Underground
Fucking neat

LittleTiles

I'll give an answer: A lot of people here try to make MC some automated industry game or try to reinvent the wheel or try to focus on aesthetics with their builds and so on which isn't a problem, do you what you want. I just go with what MC is: A building game. Put that with my love for islands, nature and trees (Especially the trees) and you have the islandfaggotry I developed. It helps that I don't procrastinate too much about things when building stuff. Sometimes I do that with adding mods more than playing the game.

>clears out a fuckton of space underground even for small cities
Kinda neat too
On a side note fucking Underground Biomes, I thought I increased your biome size to stop this colorful mess from happening
Also I found a good texture pack for it (Pixel Reality) but I guess I need to find something else to make the 1.8 stones fit better, I'll try ripping them from Pixel Perfection to see what it looks like the next time I play

just copy the world folder?

And on a side side note, I hate how UBified ores look so fuck both that option and UB Ores Registrar
Also fuck Botania's mushrooms they're shit but I only remember they exist when it's too late

What mods make good use of Baubles?

How do I make a good offensive Caster Focus in TC6 that doesn't take a fuckload of Vis but also doesn't set fire to literally everything.
It seems that ever added effect pushes all the effects' damage up for some stupid reason but that limits me to the weaker magic + frost because the fire effect setting blocks on fire is fucking cancer.

/gamerule doFireTick false

A bolt focus with frost and magic connected to frugal and charge thrown in. Charging it for a second and firing lets you two-shot. Uses at most like, 8 vis if you charge it for the full duration, but one second should be enough in most situations.

>lets you two-shot most enemies
Wow I am into spelling

Is the bug with bolts where they leave a stupid trail fixed?

no

Why does Burst make fire really good because it no longer causes fire on blocks, but makes Break terrible because it literally stops working at all

Azanor breaks something new every time he uploads

>you cant use a shield with the sword of the zephyr

Do you have a link for MasterCavers World Underground?
The only ones I can find are dodgy sites like 8minecraft and a minecraft forum link that seems to be for 1.6.4

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/1292668-1-7-1-9-themastercavers-mods-and-tweaks

How the fuck do I make my retarded fucking comparator update when the content of a chest changes? This is so retarded. If the chest is fucking empty dont send a signal you fucking piece of hsitASdf!!!!!!!!! sdfsaifjrwt

...?

Finally grew.

What are you using to empty it?

my hand

Custom Npcs and Crayfish furniture mox have chairs and tables, they fit Minecraft more than those of Bibliocraft
>try to focus on aesthetics with their builds and so on
How does people that do that don't follow the main building focus of the game?

Born in a Barn got updated, now it doesn't crash with Gadomancy anymore.

..does this mod get extracted straight into the jar or

is there any way to disable the amt addon ores alabaster and rock salt? They spawn way too frequently.

this will be vanilla in 1.13 just needs sharks now

+they added throwable tridents

so you don't want more than one stone color... then take UB out of the pack? :logic:

>sharks
no sharks in vanilla for you,
>we don't want people to hunt them IRL :(

I hope trident also do good regular attack damage
That said, why turtles. What are they for, who asked for them.

why is this? i want real flatland biomes :( "plains" is just a false promise

>hunting turtles is ok
>but not sharks
Shark apologists please go

>FTB wanting people to test something for them on machines with super high-end specs, which they'll use for a PAX event or something

BLOAT
WARE

Wouldn't want the sheeple at the conventions to see what a piece of shit their modpacks are.

R T G
T
G

does the biome size even do anything? I love this mod in theory but too much visible stone just becomes a mess

According to the forum post a biomeSize of 5 means there's a new underground biome once about every 512 blocks, and that raising it doubles that value. Maybe I just happened to be at an intersection or something, I haven't explored the underground much yet on my main world to know how much variance is supposed to be there.

how do i report this graphic bug?

>i7-4700MQ
>8GB RAM
>mobile nVidia graphics card
High-spec? For a laptop, maybe.

>game development company was too overloaded developing their game to add more than one mob in an update
>game development company isn't possibly incompetent, give them a break

how do you add world underground with multimc? I used the "add to jar" option but i can't tell if it's working or if I did it right.

yes,jar

The TMCW zipped file actually has a bunch more folders inside of it, you need to take the one you want out, zip that folder and then use the add to .jar button. I suggest using the NoExclusion version because it can give you huge caves anywhere, apparently the default version limits some of them around spawn.
The best way to figure out if it worked is by making a test world and going deep underground. If lava pools are generating at y=4 instead of y=11, then you did it right.

forestry backpacks help against the inventory bloat

is it a vanilla bug? if so bugs.mojang.com

>streams looks fantastic
>building a world takes much more longer now
>some chunks never load now
Shame, it was a really nice addition. Oh well.

youktube.com/watch?v=VhMjlzWwGJM
>tfw when

how do i edit a mod's orespawn with cofh? I can only find stuff for thermal foundation

You disable oregen in that mod's config, then you make a new .json with the settings you want for it in the cofh/world folder.

>youktube
Clicked on it and my antivirus went off. Thanks bot.

>youtube.com/watch?v=VhMjlzWwGJM
LittleTiles Preview 49 Introducing Flowing Water

abandoned and buggy, like many other 1.7.10 mods