>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/5DKg4b8
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

I just can't get past Gael's phase 3, that fucking cape does so much extra damage and it doesn't matter if I roll the actual attack. And it fucking goes through shields. NG +3 as well so he hits like a truck.

Need some help?

Naw, thanks, I wanna actually solo him for once. But I could use some advice. Using the hollowslayer.

At this point we've really been trained to roll into attacks, but with Gael I find it's better to roll away from his two horizontal swings. Then, when he follows up with the poke, roll into that and bash him. Cape shouldn't be getting you as much anymore.

Spec into faith and switch to a setup that is actually good.

Always roll away. I don't understand how people have so much trouble with gael, I find him easy enough.

He can be poisoned, so dung pies might work, also frost weapons can fuck him up

Who the fuck is JR?

Thank you :)
He's a boss.

>faith
>good
You know what your faith needs? Some int

Just like you, bazinga

He's weak to the Hollowslayer

How is faith gonna bbe remotely useful other than tears

That's because you've probably only solo'd him on NG where his attacks don't do over 700dmg

>He's weak to the Hollowslayer
Only if you spec into dex, vit and faith. I have max faith and I basically do pretty decent damage to most things. Gael is weak to being attacked especially if you do major damage to his weak spots.Like many bosses he has moves that you try to avoid and then you try to attack Gael. Hope this helps.

this thread is illegal, delet this

ok so you're just trolling, got it

If I load up on estus shards early game does that affect my pvp activity?

the image limit is 250, not 150. retard

Nope

Gael is dead, thanks m8s

Who /happilymarried/ here?

Farron greatsword faggots are so fucking easy in duels but so fucking annoying in ganks

for pve should i go full dex/str or str/dex/faith or int
if the second which is best faith or int

Just full str, what are you a faggot?

>full str
but i am doing a dodge no shield run user

jesus fucking christ
full magic with absolutely no weapons is hell
bosses arre cheesy but enemies mobs are fucking hell

>get a partial parry on a one-handed great club
>hitstun is so long I can't get the riposte
wow this is fun

Yeah so full str, what the fuck is the problem?

>do a couple co-op invasions with a guy, he's pretty good, we work well together, we spank those ganks
>got some respect for the dude, enjoy playing with him
>end up invading him
>he turns into an LKSS-wielding, llewellyn parry-baiting, chaos dagger-offhanding tryhard
Oh. Oh I see.

Is there literally no one playing this game who isn't secretly a huge faggot?

post ds1 weaponfus
bonus points for str

>Is there literally no one playing this game who isn't secretly a huge faggot?
healthy people don't play pvp

DAYUM

Do you lads have hope for remastered Dark Souls 2 and 3?

sure, in ten years or so
why not

a question slightly related to this..
I heard that the remastered ds1 game will have features from both ds2 and 3. BUt which features do you guys want?

>I heard that the remastered ds1 game will have features from both ds2 and 3.
not confirmed

any area with a big enemy mob is a problem in terms of fp until the next bonfire.
Doesn't feel cheesy tho (except for Midir)

From DaS2
>soul memory
>weapon durability
From DaS3
>poise system

you forgot DaS2 tracking and hitboxes

good post

fair enough. But let's play that they were going to do that.

I'm calling it right now. Remastered will be released a couple months later on PC to boost the sales of nintendo switch.

Dual wield

It's not the hitstun, it's the stamina drain. You can't riposte without stamina, and if you go too far into the negative then the delay before regeneration becomes too long to riposte.

It's the game. As an invader playing as a host, letting another invader kill you is like telling them you think invaders actually stand a chance at killing a host who's playing hard. Disrespect either way.

Just run past them. You even have hidden body.

First timer here
Why are there so few summons in the Crown of the sunken King areas? It's like no one is playing the DLC.

Only two things I'd want returned from the other games to DS1 would be the DS2/DS3 style inventory box and the BB / DS3 tool belt thing where you can put shit like items you don't want on your quickbar but use often like Soapstones / Red Eye Orb.

soul memory

Best level for invading mid game? I have a level 30 that invades in areas like cathedral. Im thinking around 60-70 for aldrich invasions and maybe DLC, but might just use the 120 for dlc invasions.

Goddamn I hate Pontiff Sulyvahn after reading the lore
>imprisoned Gwyndolin’s lil sis
>fed Geyndolin to Aldrich
>exiled knights and drove them mad with his rings
>turned another sister of Gwyndolin’s into his whore
>then proceeded to exile her from Boreal Valley and drive her mad
god parry and riposting that faggot is fucking justice

OH GOD

FUCK FARMING FOR CHUNKS AND PURE DRAGONSTONES

50-60 more like for Aldrich invasions. Just go 80 for Lothric / DLC.

Thanks

I know about that and I have no issues outside of the DLC

>It's not the hitstun, it's the stamina drain. You can't riposte without stamina, and if you go too far into the negative then the delay before regeneration becomes too long to riposte.
Hum sweetie it is the hitstun, I had stamina left and I just was stunned way too long to get a chance to riposte.

>parrying great hammers
?

Rolling.

Sorry wrong pic

Rolling

they hatin

Objectively correct take: Dark Souls III's poise system is better than Dark Souls' system. Hyper armor incentivizes measured trading, while poise incentivizes face-tanking. For PVP especially, poise should be a build option demanding VIT and big fucking weapon, not an arbitrary baseline you're required to min-max by throwing on a skirt and one shoe.

I hope the DaS remaster doesn't change poise so we return to the backstab & poise meta.

Who /farming/ here

>one-handed great hammer
How retarded can you be?

*shield bash spams you*

*Black Flame spams back*
*ripostes*

*kicks your shield*
*guard crushes you with 2HR1*
*ripostes you to death*
Heh, nothing personnel kid.....

what a wholesome picture

*lies motionless*

>host summons myself and 2 other phantoms at Vordt to kill dancer

does this ever work? I mean, I can kill dancer solo at SL15 with unupgraded gear but with extra phantoms adding boss health, this fight is hard as frick

Hey pal, do you want to give me any advice on killing dancer solo?
I'm thinking about doing that after i'm done with this run

Die a lot, when you think you've died enough go ahead and die some more. It just takes a ton of practice to remember her moves.

Phase 1, stay on her right side, she will never to the quick sword swipe on that side. When she sticks her sword in the ground to do the fire circle thing, walk behind her. you can get a couple of hits in and will be safe from it. That's about it, learn the other moves and timings.

Phase 2, the move you're hoping for is when she does the 2 sword upward swipe

part 2. you can cheese the 2nd part by always running away and only attacking when she does the jump attack. Careful tho cause she will spin once after landing.

but yeah, just die a lot until you want to kill yourself irl

>that Leave the Throne ending

You're not playing the real Dark Souls unless you're twinking imo

Luckily, that's my favorite way to play

I think I have to give up, Dark Souls 3 is too hard for me. I beaten first game, second one but third finally beaten me.

Boreal Valley proved too hard,vI cant kill those three knights right at the start without dying since I cant separate them, always at least one spot me.

And even when I do, that fire guy beats me. Harder than bosses in this game.

Im so bad I want to cry ;_; why das3 have to be so unfair hard?

>implying Karla would give a shit about a brainlet warrior fire-loving cuck

It's actually the most "happy" one. Bear of the Curse can go back to Majula to fug Shanalotte and Chloanne, then he's sitting on a giant pile of souls he can use to hire Volgen Mercenaries and rule the land from Donglick Castle.

He could subjucate the Desert Sorceresses of Earthen Peak, getting some Pyromancers and ahem, court ladies for himself and also some nice noose puppets to dance the hangman's jig on the gallows if they don't swear allegiance to Drangleic's new king and just rule and rebuild everything. Repair the buildings in Majula, turn the mansion into nice Inn for travelers, bring people on guided tours to the previously dangerous areas. Genocide the spiders in Tseldora with the help of converted Desert Sorceresses and restart the mining operations.

>Get summoned as spear of the church
>Didn't have the covenant equipped
>Don't even have covenant unlocked because I never beat Midir with this character

If you invade / place your sign down in the Ringed City area you can be hijacked and placed as a Spear if there aren't enough Spears lined up. Works exactly like the Old Monk

Are you using knives to separate them? or bow and arrows?
Are you using kiting techniques? Running away is a good option, often.
Flame Witch Knights aren't that bad, you just have to figure them out. just get right behind them and keep moving so their flames dont hit you

and you'll know when their flames are about to hit you

protip, hitting an enemy staggers them. just hit em first, hit until you have enough stamina to roll away and regain stam. Repeat

Except half of attack animations since it seems to not interrupt them.

I thought I can stagger enemies, turns out I cant - or they recover faster I can hit roll button. This game is not fair. First das was fair, this is not.

do something else lol

go kill emma (lady who gives you the banner for undead settlement) and try your hand with the dancer.
rush through the level and discover stuff. DO NOT STOP RUNNING EVER

Why do people even bother with Dex builds when Blessed/Dark weapons with high Faith/Faith+Int deal three times more damage and allow you to invest in better stats?

I wonder how many people are oblivious of how useless Dex actually is in DS3. Investing in Str is perfectly reasonable but burning 40+ stat points in Dex is pretty stupid.

Guys I'm having a miserable time with my cleric, I do not remember it being this difficult

Any go to weapons early game? I'm using the Astora atm, god I wish I had Lightning Blade or Spear.

>invade a ganksquad with an invisible phantom using hacks that break your equipment, blocks you from chugging and staggers you
>still manage to dark crystal out of them
>report and block their accounts

Not today, kid...

DS3 is so fucking shit I uninstalled it 3 hours into playing it, it's amazing how they fucked up literally everything in this game. Getting rid of poise was so fucking stupid, not to mention they basically forced you play a fast-rolling build because defense and armor are fucking useless.

maces are p good as well as cleric weapons. Vordt's hammer is op in PvE

black crystal out or walk into their r1 blender

40 dex is still pretty good since doesn't cost much (especially if you're already using weapons with high dex reqs, like AGS/LKS), and you can't buff dark infused weapons. Not to mention things like frayed blade, which just has a straight 40 dex req and no dark scaling whatsoever.

Pontiff is a chad, of course a whiteknight faggot like you would get triggered by his superiority over you.

>sl50
>upgrade weapon to +6 because fuck this
>lots of activity in catacombs
>when according to guide Im both overleveled and overupgraded

The hell?

No, it isn't. 59 Dex with Sharp infusion + Dark buff + 30/30 Int+Faith is still dog shite compared to 45/45 Int+Faith with Dark infusion, and the latter comes considerably cheaper stat investment-wise, deals nearly 3x more damage and allows you to invest in much better stats regardless if you're a Hexer with high Attunement, Dark Knight with high strength or a Paladin/Cleric with 60 Faith and Blessed/Lightning infusion.

Unless you're roleplaying or really likes some unique non-infuseable weapon Dex is a useless stat.

The guide was written by a retard who was trying to bait you into not getting any PVP.

>invade world
>its full of phantoms
>host, 1 blueberry, 1 sunbro, 1 dark spirit, 1 doggo and me (mound maker)
>everybody against everybody

These are fun, we should do that more often

now that could be interesting, rolling

>imprisoned a disgusting half breed (or kept her away from Aldrich's fat ass which way you want to look at it)
>got rid of the gays
>gave his knights free bling
>humped and dumped a royal thot with no consequences
>shitters have to resort to cheap tactics to win against him

Pontiff is BASED