/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Previous: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
[YouTube] [DBFZ] Optimal universal solo combo route for most chars? (No assists, no SB, midscreen)

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

first for /bestboy/

anyone got blue goku or trunks frame data?

Thank you for not fucking up the OP.

I love you user

Low key annoyed Tien gets two Kikohos instead of any other number of possible Level 1s

If anyone wants to fight I'll be hosting a ring match for an hour:

>PS4
>US EAST COAST 01
>ARENA MATCH LOBBY 01

I'm Luminus / Hercule / Light Green and in front of the Gate Reception area.

Yellows and reds welcome. Come kick my ass.

friendly reminder that goku blue is top tier

I was too at first, but I can't think of one that'd be as versatile so it can be used in the ground and air.

Exactly.

Goku has 3 Kamehamehas

But they don't hurt him and they aren't literally the same plus damage

his level 1 should've just been a super dodonpa or something.

super DODONPA!!!!

of varying uses though.

Not him, but Goku doesn't have any original techniques.

Also, baring Spirit Bomb (which he can't use while super saiyan) all of his notable moves are just Kamehameha variations

Goku must be the most infuriating person to compete or train with
>do move
>hey that's cool! Maybe I can do it!
>instantly does your move but infinitely more powerful
Welp

Perfection

>doesnt have the blue sparks for perfect form in game

hardly perfection

anyone have any recommendations for a point if Piccolo is my mid and adult gohan's my anchor? i was thinking about using Hit but I dont think either of their assists are strong enough to support him

Tenshinhan

Beerus

Gotenks

But user, that’s super perfect.

ill try them out thanks anons

Yamcha isn't too bad at getting in on his own and would add a good combo assist. 21 is just a universally great point but your assists would be kind of lacking.

@Nexus

Great matches man, I learned a lot! Have to go to work now though. Take it easy brother, you can find me in these threads making posts like these every so often.

Seconding this. Piccolo assist is amazing for what Beerus is trying to do.

isn't piccolo assist just more orbs on screen that lose to superdash? beerus doesn't really need help there

is there a way to unlock 21 without replacing my whole save file?
i don't want to complete story mode and i know you can get the season pass but i'd rather buy it later

Beerus is more about aggressive space control than just sitting back and zoning. Think of each orb as an extension of his pressure, which he can easily pick up using 2M. Piccolo assist drifts towards the opponent with homing, which is completely unlike the Beerus orbs and fills a gap in that pressure. If you condition people not to just Super Dash through your pressure by having a 2H ready for them or have enough pressure that they don't have the time to just go through it, it can be helpful.

People don't usually superdash against a good Beerus. Well not if they want to win.
I was gonna type up a bunch but this covers it

What's a solid anti-meta team or character? Literally everyone in my region plays some combination of Trunks/Black/Cell/Vegeta/16 and nothing else.

Ginyu destroys the meta by simply having bodychange

I want that stupid square thing removed... FUCK FUCk FUCK. Fuck you Arc.

color?

orange

cell 16 and vegeta is a strong meta breaking team im having success with.

I really need a good anchor for Nappa and Tien. I really don't want to use Tien as anchor, since my best combo with him uses an assist. I wanted to use Team Bald with Krillin, but Krillin is clearly not meant to be an anchor.

18 will give you a ton of meter if you git gud with her assist

>this meta team I'm using is doing a real good job of combating the meta teams

Higher than me.

Personally I don't mind it (I prefer it this way so I know who's who more or less) but I just wish I knew how it "graded" you.

How many DS are needed to have a violet name?

>anti-meta team
All the shorties. I'm dead serious. Half of the biggest damage loops drop on Krillin, Gotenks, and Teen Gohan.

>start playing ranked
>connection has been lostconnection has been lostconnection has been lostconnection has been lostconnection has been lostconnection has been lostconnection has been lostconnection has been lostconnection has been lostconnection has been lostconnection has been lost
Casual matches were much better yesterday, is there a problem today?

They don't.

Given that every purple i've met actually rage quits under pressure, I feel like it's 30%+

They do.

master big pink loser you will be unstoppable

currently writing a newfag/beginner friendly guide to assists and how to use them

reply to me with more technical stuff that's not immediately obvious and I'll consider adding it

the goal is to get a pastebin doc to add to OP so people can understand the basics of using assists (at the very least)

It's a stupid system.

Which one of you is this?

I literally can't sleep because this guy was the only one i lost to all session ofc.

Never tried playing fat buu before, is he reliant on meter or can he be played at point viably?

hes a mid that you bring in on hit/knockdown to setplay similar to 18.

He wants to combo/set up into fat throw. He needs meter to do it by himself, but not as much with assists. Don't expect damage from him, since he's all about setups and resets. Point or mid is best for him. Don't put him on anchor.

that guy's a redditor

Okay here is one.
If you aren't using a beam assist you are objectively gimping yourself

>B-but muh Sonicfox!
Sonicfucks is a nigger and use #16's easy as fuck dunk conversion for all his combos, he wouldn't know what a hard assist confirm was even if it raped his gold digging furry bf.

You aren't helping.

I'm just spitting the facts.

Will we get this intro if we use DLC 17 and 18 on the same team?

The fuck is this new thing about disconnecting during the victory scene? Why players should always be so rancorous?

>I can't even escape the endless #17 shilling in my vidya
Enough.

Can all 7+ frame delay shitters please invest in better internet.

>Like 17
>This automatically means I'm a shill
WEWING @ UR GREEN M9

I got that two times too tonight.
Don't know if it's actually shitters quitting or just the servers fucking up again.

>Pick mains based on who I enjoy playing most
>90% of games I end up with low tiers or mid tiers with hard counters
>mfw settling on Hit/16/Tien
It's a good team AND fun as fuck to play.

If my luck keeps up then Broly, Bardock, and Cooler will all be S-Tier.

One of the best scenes in the ToP honestly. Super's strongest suit is its comedy.

I bet you didn't even acknowledge his existence before super came around and crammed him into as many scenarios as possible to sell toys faggot.

Leaks in a few hours

Considering I liked him in Z, this is a bet I'm willing to take.

What does setplay even mean? is it just a catch-all word for attempting combos/mixups

17 has toys?

jokes on you i like him in gt

>Liked him in Z
>All he did was get blown out by Piccolo and got the succ form Cell
At least #18fags know they are wifufags

>You can only like a character because they win
I see Vegeta isn't allowed to have fans

Vegetas fans are all underage or spics tho...

too early
they leak on the 16/17/18th

>17 in GT
Look, I like GT, and I think overall it's better than Super (and that's not a feat, not because it's better means it's good).
But 17 and Super 17 in GT were a big mistake. A fucking mistake.

I'm neither of those things and I like Vegeta

don't even know why I'm writing this (it's pointless) but I need to vent. uninstalled the game because I'm done with the retarded online. I'm new to fighting games (the 40h played I have in this one are literally all the fighting game minutes I've ever played), and the game is consistently matching me up with people who are so far superior to me it's not funny, and it's zero fun. the matchmaking in this game must be the most atrocious I've ever experienced, literally 9/10 games are against people who are way better than me and the 1/10 game has a high chance of being someone who stand no chance against me.

I'm usually extremely competitive, btw. I made grand master in starcraft 2, grand champ in rocket league recently so I'm not a whiner. but this game offers me zero room to improve because everything I do is countered by my opponents so I'm out.

I got to 550000 bp if that matters, the shit
tier ranking system gives no indication how good or bad that is.

be nice

Do you use Blue or Yellow Veginya?

>waaah people are better than me at videogame

land hit into knockdown that creates a 50/50 or other favourable condition and loops back into itself. not much thought is needed to do it and it is extremely effective. like cammy running up to you and throwing you and then throwing you and then meaty your wakeup is not setplay. thats just basic oki and conditioning. ibuki kunai shit in 4 where even she might know if its hitting left or right and always goes back into another safe jump kunai setup is setplay - literally braindead looping action with ambiguous mix-ups over and over until death if they touch you once.

majin buu can use assists and meter and corner to setup his fat throw which puts you in restand for ambiguous high lows and throws that can be reflect proof too. 16 gets true hard knockdown in a game without them and has command throws, meaties and crossups that all loop back into themselves until death. 18 has her 17 loops that safe jump and put you into high low mixups. goku, on other hand, just does a sliding knockdown and you need to block a basic wake-up iad j.h or empty low or assist cover into dragon rush like every other character - thats not setplay.

thats setplay vs basic oki.

I hope that's pasta

Finally someone said it.

Not him, but every real Vegeta fan will use both and Trunks/Gotenks. If not, it ain't a real Vegeta fan. And I'm not one, because my team is 21/YamCHAD/16.

>not using both

Blue, his Niagara Pummel super and his dunk are just too awesome looking

I like pasta, especially with bolognaise sauce.

the first time you played sc2 you would have gotten fucking run over producing 1 battlecruiser from 1 space port and never expanding until you run out of resources and just building bunkers in yoru base all game. you would have been absolutely destroyed every single fucking game until you looked up how to really play and copied build orders and practiced maynard expansions and dozens of other little techniques. you literally havent even practiced fighting games nor have you ever played them. once you actually learn how to play, you can go jump in any fighting game and understand fundamentals of the genre that apply to all types of fighters. you arent competitive. you fucking suck. sc2 was a joke, too. you could copy one build order and just do your rush strat to gm wihtout even knowing how to really play - the game just ended so fast and you keep going up without any real skill determining who won. rocket league is a casual piece of shit. you beat up reddit faggots. congrats.

youre about as competitive as my mother at farmville.

if you spell bolognese like that again im gonna kick your ass

The neutral in this game is so incredibly unfun when you get to Demon+ ranks.

Vanish is an incredibly poor mechanic in it's current implementation.

using vanish in neutral isn't even good though

there is no "neutral" and i'm confident that vanish being plus on block on the ground is a design oversight, it makes no sense considering it's impossible to punish in some cases.

So why am I looking at WNF footage and people are most certainly using vanish in neutral.

Sonicfox is using vanish in neutral literally right now in the clip I'm watching, are you not keeping up with any of the tournament scenes.

I'd be okay with it if you could always punish it but the fact you can make it both unpunishable AND it being plus on block is too strong.

What's the point of having two different kinds of ranks?

doesn't 2H beat vanish like it does super dashes?

what are you talking about
if it's "plus on block" of course it's unpunishable
also random vanish in neutral sucks, fullscreen option xx vanish is really good and a free way to get in

Neutral exists in anime and team fighters, and it definitely exists here. It's not footsies, but it's neutral. Shit, the game has more neutral than Marvel simply due to the position resets after every character death.

Vanish being plus on block is because:
1. It costs a bar to do, it's basically an EX attack and those are generally safe.
2. You can block it on reaction easily and 2H it on reaction with some practice.
3. Raw you don't get anything off of it and it does about as much as a single normal so even if you throw it out there and it hits you've gotten nothing noteworthy except a stray hit unless you timed an assist call before it.

maybe you have a different idea of what neutral means but just raw vanishing will be a waste of meter against anyone that knows how to defend decently

It does but you can make it safe.

If you block a beam/beam assist the vanish is pretty much unpunishable, and there's more cases like that.

I'm calling it unpunishable because people here always sperg out and claim 2H beats it free and they mistake that for a punish, even though they don't realize you can't 2H a vanish if you blocked a variety of moves before it like you just said.

any eu PC friends up for some games