Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Balance patches? In my Monster Hunter? capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/08
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Databases with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and various /mhg/ ones exist.
In the 3DS games, create or find a Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous:

In multi-monster quests, is their HP split between them?

>new thread

I do, 3, and they don't stack.

For Teo's SA I use:
Zorah head
Kush chest
Teo arms
Teo belt
Teo boots

I use the meme set for diablos.

Anyone know of the fastest current Longsword run for the Elders? Looking for videos

>Tfw no mhw for switch

why even play?

I'm not sure the exact numbers but yes multi-monster hunt quests they all have lowered health.

is vaal hbg still the best one? what are some good lbgs in general?

is there a way to see who all has your guild card? or at least how many people have it?

in legacy titles, it was about 75% of normal for each monster

Post Hanako!

decorations that improve skills only work if they're on the armor that has said skill right?

FUCK th stupid constantly digging charging retard piece of fuck dragon cunt

Im a GS user, first-time playing any MH game. persevered through the fire trex, that stupid lightning lizard even fucking rathian

but diablos is literally pushed me to breaking point. I need tips. Im considering changing weapons to some easier noob weapon like the longsword/ switchaxe or straight up calling SOS

I don't know about videos but it usually takes me 20-30 min to solo with LS.

do i need to bother offsetting negative affinity on diablos wep before they start becoming better?
having way better results with elemental bows right now.
yes i do have elementaless deco

How many Dalamadur do you think exist in the world at any given time? Can't be more than like 10 right?

No. They can be used on any armor as long as the slot is big enough for the gem.

>I need tips
for GS just ___________________git gud___________________

forgot pic

This is the part in MH games I always get stuck on, I don't really think I've played a game all the way to the end because of this "difficulty spike"
I wondered what I was doing wrong, sure monsters deal tons of damage, I get new gear as I go on but there comes a point where monsters just do like a third or fourth of my health in a single attack, not even a super attack like a fireball or a fancy little animation. Just with a side step and boom I'm on my ass with my cock and balls sauced up and ripe for squashin.
Is there something I'm to retarded to notice? Or am I supposed to be playing super defensively?

What should I augment first? Been running the berg charge blade. Affinity first is what I was tuinkimg and then maybe attack? How’s the defense and health recovery while attacking thing work? Is it like the rally mechanic in blood borne? If so that seems sick

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to play LS in MHW?
From what I've seen you get to red gauge and then use Spirit Helm breaker which put you back to orange, then you go bac kto red and use Spirit helm breaker again and etc and never use SHB on orange or lower because the damage is very bad compered to red?

Also I saw that there's something called "Foresight Slash" which is basically an absolute evade but I'm not really sure how it work since I'm only using it in the training area and I saw people using it and being able to do the final hit of the spirit combo, but when I do it it eat up all my spirit bar.
Am I missing something?

alright, cool.

What's the difference between Hunt and Slay investigations? Whether you can capture the monster or not?

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING ROOMS CUNTS

Just guard his charges and burrowing attack’s dude, he’s not that hard. Wait til you get to hr Kirin and teo

yeah. Slay is only for elder dragons since you can't cap them

>foresight slash nergi's dive bomb

yes

I'm gathering tempered elder investigations right now, I'll post a room soon-ish.

>guarding with GS
Enjoy having to re-sharpen every 15 seconds

MHW is my first MH game and I absoluetely love it. In fact it's easily in my top 10 all time and I'm 31. However I do have some compaints the biggest of which is that for ore upgrade path, there is absolutely no change in the appearance of my Gunlance. The fact that my Chrome gunlance has the exact same appearance as my iron gunlance is immensely disappointing. The bone path is the same. Why can armor have custom paint jobs but not weapons?

If you foresight slash and don't i-frame through an attack (roars count as attacks for this purpose too) you lose all your gauge, if you foresight slash and do i-frame through an attack and land the counter hit then your gauge maxes out and you can spirit finisher immediately.

>From what I've seen you get to red gauge and then use Spirit Helm breaker which put you back to orange, then you go bac kto red and use Spirit helm breaker again and etc and never use SHB on orange or lower because the damage is very bad compered to red
Pretty much. Orange shb isn't any better than just attacking normally, and white is absolutely horrible.

>foresight slash
Get hit during the backdash (blue particles will appear). The automatic followup will then max out your spirit gauge and you can roundslash from there.

Does this mean MHW is a game for shitters?

there's only one answer and you're not gonna like it

Have you tried going in from the side? Also normal Dia will be immobalised for a couple seconds if he charges into a stone spire and falls down when he charges into one when his horns are broken.

Sweet, thank you user!
And am I right about how to use Spirit helm breaker? Only on red gauge?

because the devs wasted resources on the gathering hub instead of better/more weapon designs

Reposting conversation from few threads ago.
Redpil me on GL lads
>How in the -fuck- does one GL, sir? I cannot wrap my head around the weapon.
>It seems really, really bad, but I want to like it.
>how? its the absolute best its ever been and even if you ignore half the weapon it crushes the times of a lot of other weapons
>It does no damage, has like three attacks, none of the guard capabilities of Lance, and hemorrhages sharpness.
>I was comparing Rarity 3-4 GLs to Rarity 3-4 LSs, SAs, and CBs in Training.
>Whyrmfire's a joke, Shell only hits twice, full burst seems okay, but it only has one access string that I could find, and that move doesn't even have Mind's Eye to cover the setup.
>I mean if I'm wrong, I'm glad. But that's why I'm asking.
>you can get to the full burst in 3 ways:
>1. scoop, slam, burst, sweep
>2. guardpoke, scoop, slam, burst, sweep (this is the "counter attack" combo)
>3. shell (once or twice), quickreload, slam, burst, sweep.
>also you can slam and burst after any quick reload, which can be performed after any standard attack.
>>you can get to the full burst in 3 ways:
>>slam
>>slam
>>slam
>Well you showed me.
>I keed. Thanks.
>Slam has minds eye and comes out of quick reload
>What? Seriously? It doesn't in Training against those barrels.

>amerinigger vs seanig

There's no outright best HBG, most people think that Legi HBG is better than Vaal though, that's for sure. Odogo LBG is generally agreed to be the best LBG since slicing nerf.

Don't expect anyone to read that, tard

what the fuck

My friend wants to be fast, but doesn't want to be a brainlet.

Insect Glaive/Evade Lance is his only hope right?

I read it, but I'm not going to reply to him because I'm too lazy to type up how to not be shit with GL

GL has 3 playstyles
Ignore Gun - Nergigante/Barroth with Elementless
Full Burst - Pinkian/Zorah
Charged shot - Zorah with Focus 3 (This is just a meme but some people like it)
That's it.

Best way to get handicraft decoration?

Think I'm a bit burnt out after 110 hours bros...

male bone/dober is somehow more gay than kirin

>Spirit Helm Breaker (white): 11 + 11 + 11 + 11 + 11 + 10 + 10
>Spirit Helm Breaker (yellow): 18 + 18 + 18 + 16 + 16 + 16 + 16
>Spirit Helm Breaker (red): 30 + 30 + 30 + 30 + 28 + 28 + 28

The flexing is pretty retarded though. If I wanted to taunt the monster I'd do a gesture.

Ok.

My position is that GL sucks. Am I wrong? I want to like it. Discuss.

GL without Burst just seems like a neutered Lance. I guess I'll look into Zorah.

I've been using Zorah full burst and it's pretty shit. Just use pinkian.

It still baffles me that they thought we would actually use that shit when it has its own loading screen, lacks core functions of Astera like cultivation box, smithy, and research team, and is also significantly less effective for multiplayer than just simply SOS'ing.
Like what were they thinking?

Pinkian is better for burst.

let me gather with you

What's the hitzone on that pillar anyways?

Red only then, thank you.

Grinding tempered elders :^).

What's a good bow build? I'm not too familiar with what's good and what's not.

a-user I don't know about that!

This kushala put a big tornado over my bandit mantle loot.

what an asshole

Do monsters have reduced HP in 15 minute quests?

inb4 someone says shill
Phemeto has a lot of solid bow builds and really goes in depth on the weapon.

what is your problem with him? if its burrow attacks, just guard if you cant sheath and dive quick enough
he is easy to tackle through and i cant think of anything that could cause significant amount of trouble

>only good GS is rathalos a

Outplayed.

I honestly feel like they did zero testing outside of their devs, so nobody outside of their developer hugbox could tell them shit was fucking retarded.

Nope, get in there and tear it up boyo

Just got an elementless jewel 2 from story vaal.

Is there an elementless jewel 3 with even higher buff or did I already hit jackpot?

Using Diablos bow

new limited bounties
>kulu ya-ku
>diablos
>tempered monsters
better than the previous one

>Tempered Elder investigations require HR50
>A Summons From Below only requires HR14

What did they mean by this?

what makes the Odo lbg the best one currently?

Elementless Jewel 2 just means it's a 2 slot decoration. The naming convention for decorations is so dumb in World.
To answer your question that's the best the decoration gets, you only need 1 point in Elementless.

A-Anyone wanna help me capture HR Diablos in 15 minutes?

Has anyone here gotten an artillery decoration? If so what rarity was it and how big of a slot? I wanna be a nice gunlance boy, but artillery takes away from other skills I really like when it's on my armor.

sure post room lets do this

I feel so empty now that I'm done with Zorah Magdaros, because that quest was some bullshit I managed to get through despite now knwoing what the fuck I was doing. Diablos was a way better challenge

How do I get tempered investigations? I did the HR 50 kirin quest.

PS4? I'll jump in.

If you want to use Zorah for Burst you need capacity up, it goes from pretty shit to actually okay. Pinkian is better in both scenarios

It's rarity 9, 1 slot for 1 point. You can also level up the Artillery Charm to 3/3
You fucked up, you have to collect tempered elder tracks to get the investigations and sitting at 49 to farm the assigned kirin one is a great way to stockpile a few before moving on.

What in the fuck should I augment you worthless cunts

Affinity or attack or something else? Running nerg weapons because the others are dog shit

As long as I don't need to get better I'll try anything

Do alpha and beta sets share set bonus?
Or do I need to have 3 parts of either to get it?

STREET FIGHTER EVENT AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Run around gathering blue trails in expeditions.
>Vaal trails found in area 16 of vale
>Kush trails on top of the mountainin Recess
>Teo trails in the lava areas of Recess
There you go, just switch between Vale and Recess and you'll be stocked up on them in no time.

3EiZT3TnMdGh
I'll bring the capture stuff but please bring your own as well in the event that my connection drops. Unlikely, but it's happened recently.

Maybe if you augmented a different tier/type you'd see Nerg is for brainlets that haven't done their math yet.

Can I SOS respond to tempered investigations to farm them too

I got one of those gems, they’re not very rare dude

You can mix.
And if it has 2 versions ( rathalos, diablos) you can mix those as well

Its out already?

Guard/counter lancing is superior and generally will be attacking more (since countering and power-guard gives you more options than just evading) so is faster in that sense. Fighting Nerg while properly counter-lancing is like a DBZ battle. But IG is his best bet for fast, just tell 'your friend' not to stay in the air like a faggot, use those moves for repositioning/chasing.

What's a good all around bow to build towards in HR? I need a break from hammer. Currently at Teo.

only for those with a SFVAE save file :^)

update something about streetfighter coins

You can mix

Yes but that's what EVERYONE is trying to SoS for and there's no way to specify tempered investigations.

Literally the only other tree that might be relatively comparable would be the diablos tree, even then the difference would prolly be negligible

What trees do you rev? I hate the nerg weapons