Started a 9-5 office job on Monday

>started a 9-5 office job on Monday
>bored to death
>was invited to lunch by coworkers who have the same job as me and my social skills were awful. I had nothing to say and neither did they.
>didn't even feel awkward after a few minutes, I just stopped caring that I had nothing to say to normies and vice versa
>job itself is boring as fuck, of course
>work in open plan office that is distracting as fuck while surrounded on all sides by normies
>despite it "only" being 9-5, commute makes it about 8-5.30
>entire day is swallowed up after work and collecting a package from the store- it's literally fucking almost 8pm

I just know that everyone thinks I'm a freak weirdo because I am not a normie.

>I just know that everyone thinks I'm a freak weirdo because I am not a normie.
join the club pham

Your bosses will notice you aren't a degenerate normie who spends all day on Facebook and going on Starbucks runs. You will be punctual, productive, and low liability. After you've proved yourself for 12-24 months you will be promoted. If you have an actual boss, or managers, soon enough you'll stand out for being a truly decent employee. I know the feel user. Stay true. Or, shoot the entire place up- take your pick.

working is a very bad meme

>wake up at 6:00
>go to work at 7:30
>get off at 4:30
>by the time I get home it's past 5:00
>have to go to bed at 10:00
At least I made a ton of money on meme stocks this week and beat my monthly check.

>despite it "only" being 9-5, commute makes it about 8-5.30

lol don't forget the morning routine which adds another 1-1.5 hours to the whole fucking thing, along with every other activity you do after work like putting gas so you can go to work or buying a new shirt that you can wear to work. It never ends, user.

Exact same situation here my man. You in accounting?

>be car salesman
>suspended license
>job is on the way, ride from dad
>he has to work early
>wake up at 5 am
>leave at 6
>sit in dunkin' donuts for 1 hrs
>start at 8
>leave at 8
>4 days a week
>8 hours saturday
>4 hours sunday
>sometimes friday

Wake up at 6
Study for MCAT
Go to work at 11
Work is 5 minute drive from home
Respond to emails at ocean view desk
job doesn't pay much, but it's full time with benefits for conducting research experiments with no results in sight
Eat at 1
Hit the gym at 2
Come back at 4 and do some experiments
Leave at 6
Check blockfolio and up $300 today
Go home
Study more for MCAT
Wonder if it's worth it to go to med school anymore if I'm making so fucking much trading Cryptos
Sleep
Repeat until Friday when gf visits from 70 miles up north

It's an okay life. My roommate makes 4x more than I do working a tech job but at least life is a breeze.

I can't live this way...

I feel that in spades.

Just landed an underwriting gig at a p good insurance company.

I'm not stoked or anything, but the salary is more than most of my friends out of college are making.

I can't really be upset about that, just gonna squirrel a lot of it away and invest.

Best case scenario? Alts like GNT turn out not to be a scam and I retire at 35 with almost a mil.

Worst case scenario? I take all my shit out at 50, tour the world, then blow my brains out.

No prob.

>Live 5 minutes from my office
>Show up 30 minutes late everyday anyway - no one cares
>Drive home and take an 1.5 hour lunch break
>Leave at 4:30 and have the evening to myself

Move closer to work, nigger. This shit changed my life.

Not everyone can live close to their job, faggot.

To add to this. Get yourself promoted to an intermediate-level position and chill.

>Get assigned the somewhat important (but not really) projects.
>No one gives a shit what you do as long as your projects stay on schedule and your work gets done
>Pay is decent
>Laugh at the entry-level workers who slave away at bitch work for 8 hours a day while being micromanaged
>Laugh at the senior-level workers who are under ungodly amounts of stress with high-visibility projects and multiple fires to put out

Fucking comfy.

Look on the bright side you're not a NEET :)

An 8 hour work day is never 8 hours. Variables such as preparation for your specific job, breakfast, packing lunch, and commuting make an "8 hour work day" actually 10/11.

>wake up at 8
>go to the gym
>go to work around 10, 5 minute commute
>work at a restaurant
>fuck around talking about food/wine all day
>get paid for it
>go home by 10pm at the latest
>wonder where i'm gonna be in 5 years with no real skills

life's a bitch user. I feel like my life has no meaning being stuck in the rut. All I do is pour drinks in a glass. I'm gonna go back to school in January because i'm sick of this shit man. I worked in IT for a few months and left because it was full of people sucked into their computer screens. Probably gonna get drunk, go for a walk, and listen to Tribe Called Quest again.

>Not everyone can live close to their job, faggot.
Why not?

There's no jobs available close to where you live?
There's no apartments for rent close to where you work?
There's no houses for sale close to where you work?

I'm definitely fortunate to live 5 minutes away, but this fucking meme that you need to work 30 miles from where you live is so ridiculous.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but despite basically living like a NEET and getting everything I wanted (games, going out to eat, collectibles, etc.) while going to college and putting in zero effort, but I was still miserable.

I know a lot of other people here are in the same boat.

>An 8 hour work day is never 8 hours. Variables such as preparation for your specific job, breakfast, packing lunch, and commuting make an "8 hour work day" actually 10/11.

Take into account 8 hours of sleep and you only have like 4-5 hours of free time including eating dinner, running errands, etc.

Why even bother living as a wagecuck?

Its very real in metro areas user. EVERYONE I knew in a major city I lived in was commuting like 3hrs a day total.

>live close to work
>go home during lunch
>jerk off and knock out for 30 mins
>quick spray of cologne
>back to work
>eat at desk

am i alone on this?

>Its very real in metro areas user
I live in an immediate suburb of Boston (which has an atrocious public transport system and even worse traffic), don't give me that shit about metro areas. Even my worst commute where I had to take a train to the financial district every morning only took me 30 minutes because I specifically chose a place to live based on ease of commute.

You should be a neet kek. Stress free. Only downside is I have no friends or ff and im a virgin but playing vidya all day makes up for it.

>Wake up at 5:45 am
>shower, chug coffee because I know I'm gonna be late for the carpool.
>Show up at 6:35, five minutes late
>Talk to no one because I subconsciously despise them.
>Kill myself for ten hours
>Get home at 6 pm
"Mow that fucking yard, boy."
>Settle down at 7:30
>Attempt to unwind with some vidya
>Try marathoning morrowind like I did with fo4 last month, but the fucking pacing makes it impossible to do anything in under an hour.
>Get frustrated and go to bed at 11
>Wake up angry with chest pain at 5:45

It never stops, OP.
I'm going on three months of legitimate work, and I'm ready to fucking die now.

what do you even do specifically? what is the content of your actual work? what projects? I've only worked as a cashier and a mechanic so it's hard for me to imagine an office job.

Do you expect your family to take care of you for the rest of your life?

does Atlanta really have that bad traffic? Some legitimate offices were hard to get to in the morning and out if you were going to get out

Don't listen to this wageslave teaching you to be a good cattle.

Fuck off jew

>get a summer job doing yard work, mostly weedwacking fence lines and around trees or mowing the yards of rich fucks with gaudy houses and too much land
>wake up at 5:30 AM, get driven to my coworker's house 20 minutes away so we can drive another 20 minutes to our boss's house to pick up the truck and lawn equipment
>work until 5 PM doing mindnumbing work or driving to the mindnumbing work, hoping the drive can last a little longer
>only have one coworker doing these huge houses and businesses, and he didn't speak English very well so we didn't talk that much
>come home at 7 PM, eat dinner, do some chores, shower, immediately after go to sleep at 9 PM
>do this for 8 days
>was paid less than $100 a day

All the fucking time doing it I couldn't stop thinking how fucking pointless it was, how the only difference between me and the people living in those houses was the circumstances we were born into, how human existence is reduced to acting like a machine to make money for something else, and how I had it easy by only doing it for 8 days while other people do it their entire life.

We don't have to fucking live like this, being fucking wagecucks working a job that doesn't need to be done just to make money for someone else. We live in a fucking country with simultaneous unemployment and overworking, more homes than homeless, 50% of food wasted along with massive food insecurity. It doesn't have to be like this!

Plebbit you have to go back

OP I bet you feel like a loser all the time.
Just tell yourself I am a winner.
Stop caring about what others think of you.
It is a prison the normies project onto each other to keep themselves in the prison

Good goy, work hard for the boss, maybe someday if you work extra hard you'll be able to wear the boot.

Normie is a reddit term, please refrain from using on this site. Use the local nomenclature that is normalfag. Also refrain from posting frogs, they are also reddit trash

how much do you want to be paid

It is entirely your fault that you are in such a circumstance.

Do something about it instead of whining on 4chin.

The amount that I actually create, not having some rent-seeking leech take part of it. Mostly I want there to not be bullshit jobs that only exist because they're able to generate profit somehow.
It's not my fault I was born to a piss-poor family and the only opportunity I could find at the time to make money was bullshit like landscaping. This thread is for wagecuck whining, and I'm not whining, I'm saying it doesn't have to be this way.

same but i eat at home

They forced me to exist, they may as well take care of me.

i did landscaping in the summer while in college. wouldnt wish that shit on anybody. doing back breaking work in weather that was regularly 90-100 degrees is shit. really made me get my shit together and graduate

Bump OP here, I work in a public sector job

normies aren't so bad once you've gotten a taste of the alternative

>escape degreeslaving with an AA once I realize it's just a meme for unis to steal your money
>get a 9-5 graphic design job, 15 bucks an hour
>think I might be able to socialize with these people more easily than average normies, graphic design types are usually kind of dorky and so we might be able to talk about similar interests like vidya
>they're all redditors
>all they talk about is league of legends, game of thrones, how much they hate trump because late night tv told them to, and how they all plan to climb the ladder and become steve jobs
>it's even worse than working with normies
>can't stand the work environment and quit after 6 months, put most of my earnings into crypto while doing freelance stuff from home
>quality of life drastically improved

>It's not my fault I was born to a piss-poor family and the only opportunity I could find at the time to make money was bullshit like landscaping.
Join the military faggot, I make like 40k a year sitting at a desk.

>do calculations
>daily 3 hour bus ride to work is $40 theoretical dollars that I lose everyday(cost of fare + money I could've earned)
>if i could walk to work i would earn at least $5000 theoretical dollars more annually
>realize that moving is a good option if I can find a job that pays more than what i'm currently being paid
>doing this would give 2 more hours to work or use as free time, plus a 50% wage increase depending on the job
>rent is 25% off outside the city
guess i might be moving out