/2hug/ - Touhou general - #112

2hu Curlfu Edition

Previous thread >So what is this?
Touhou is a bullet hell game series made by ZUN. Instead of ships or robots, it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>I want to play! / I have more questions!
pastebin.com/JpkGiK36 (Includes FAQ, tips, netplay guide, 1cc charts and more)

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 are on Steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/
store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version of FMW2 without the game-breaking bug)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

>/2hug/ Highscore Spreadsheet! (If you want to submit a score, use the term 'score' somewhere in your post)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bl1ZiZUqNdbP2OK_W7q6xG6A6FIG78LPfJQrouu6ol4/

Toho is not an illicit substance and the Olympic Athletes from Gensokyo are not using cheat codes on anybody.

Just let the general die at this point, I doubt we'll even make it to 130

Is that a challenge?

I'll start thread #130 with a screencap of this post.

Post more Clownpiece

not on my watch, i'll think of something to stir conversation

cleaned up the op and pastebin a bit. nothing was deleted overall, although three things that were already in the pastebin were removed from the op. felt like they were just taking up space.

hope the changes meet your approval, /2hug/.

Based user. Even in slow times you still deliver.

If the fangame pastebin is already in the main pastebin then why leave it in the OP?

The >So what is this? section is pretty useless, since everyone already knows what Touhou is unless they've lived under a rock for the past 20 years.
And you might as well put the fangames pastebin into the big one as well, since that dude seems to have died. Highscore spreadsheets too, it's not like anyone actually uses them.

Does Okuu even understand what her powers are?
If she's super stupid, how can she ever hope to master Nuclear Fission?

Are fangames allowed to use Sound effects from official games? ZUN says you should make shit yourself but I see things like Danmaku Festival using the death sound

The pichu~n sound is a meme, so it gets a free pass. You're not allowed to use any assets ripped from the main games.

Put “>Where can I get the games?” back. It NEED to be in the OP so that it can easily be accessible to everyone.

>Highscore spreadsheets too
No, give it time. I want something that we all can do together as a general in the OP.

i left it there because another user had recently put time into updating it. it's also rather large on its own and is buried at the bottom of the main paste, so it seemed like it might be worth highlighting.

i don't claim to have made the right decision, just one that felt right (especially since i had already chopped a bunch!). whatever /2hug/ decides, though, since yeah it's in the main paste too.

did he died? it didn't seem that long ago that he updated it. highscores is barren, yeah, but it was new and i thought it'd be mean to kill it this soon.

i left the "what is this" because it seems funny to me for the very reason you describe: everyone knows what it is. and i dunno an intro seemed nice. but it could certainly go too.

for that matter, the steam links could also get the axe. i left them because it seemed cool to give props to the zun.

also, i thought about adding fan printwork and fan music links to the pastebin but then i realized how scattered things were and said fuck it. we talk about that sort of stuff anyway.

hm. i added the "i want to play!" line to cover that. i figured that only new folks wouldn't have the games (or know where to get them), and they ought to look at the pastebin anyway (and it's right at the top of the paste).

it also seemed classier to relegate the pirating links to the paste and leave them out of the op.

It's not like we're strapped for space, you know. We should keep the "what is this?" section as tradition at least, even if it serves no real purpose.
Fangames user seemed a little off last time he posted, but it's still too early to tell if he's gone. And the highscores should stay, even if just to remind scoreposter how useless he is.
Also as user above mentioned, we should put the moriya link back in the OP, so it's easily accessible. New people don't tend to read pastebins before posting.

Are the assets even terribly complicated to make?
From what I've seen of 16, they're just assets with like 4 frames of animation probably done with tweening.

>tfw think I finally ran out of H-manga material
これが最後か?

ZUN doesn't want lazy people making fangames, is all. He already designed all the characters for you, the least you could do is make your own assets.
Start drawing new stuff.

but I have no skill other than croping images and posting them here.

Goodnight, /2hug/! Please don't die!

>And the highscores should stay, even if just to remind scoreposter how useless he is.
T-thanks. Damn it user, you don’t have to bring me down like that. I think having a score spreadsheet is a fun thing to do as a community.

>2 days 6 hours
>89 posters
>WHY ARE YOU SO DED
>PLEASE LEAVE
>DON’T DIE
I hate whiny bitches.

Everyone talks about reimu armpits, but not enough people appreciate reimu midriff.

>not liking her hair-tubes
look at this shit taste over here

Was the Moriya link not always in the OP? why the fuck would anyone take it out?

Rape the bird

Can Youkai not even do anything to those seals? Or is that just really strong adhesive? I've failed to actually look up what the seals do and my jap lore is shit.

No, just this thread. We’ll put it back next thread. Give that guy a break, he was trying to improve the OP, that’s all. He did a great job if you ignore the fact that he remove the Moriya link.

Sorry no one rated, your op, op. I rate your op.

It is indeed an OP.

>So what is this? section is pretty useless
Touhou isn't the hot game of the month. Don't assume everyone knows what you know. There have been people who were born, grew up, and became crotchety 25 year olds in the time Touhou has existed. Even McDonalds has an extensive "about us" section on their website. If you want to be in it for the long haul, you need to make your stuff easily accessible to someone who was indeed born yesterday.

iirc, it's a matter of spiritual strength. The stronger the spirit of the one who made the seal, the stronger the seal itself is; consequently, a rookie's seals could be burned away with minimal effort, but Reimu, being the talented (if lazy as hell) miko she is has very strong seals in spite of the fact that she doesn't actually make them properly. She just writes "full house" (which is what Japanese Businessmen write on envelopes of money they leave for their employees, apparently) on them, which Marisa assumes is meant as a trap.

So red pill me on Mokou and Shion. why do they have seals all over them?

Shion doesn't have seals, those are debt and eviction notices.

What said. As for Mokou, there's no actual word on this one way or another, but I like to think that she wears them to keep her clothes from completely burning off when she sets herself on fire.

>she's actually a sort of guardian god, who protects people from dramatic financial ruin by reducing their overall wealth.
>Although she's still hated in the end, of course...
Shion confirmed for goddess of stock market correction.

They want to be cute

Does this mean she's the reason Reimu is poor?

No, Reimu just sucks.

No, that's just Reimu's stubborn refusal to actually do her job.

No. Reimu just has absurdly bad luck and lives in an isolated location.

Wild and horned hermit just went over this. Reimu briefly put great effort into her job, but she quickly gave it. "It was as if the Hakurei shrine didn't want her to be wealthy." If that's not foreshadowing I don't know what is.

Why is youkai extermination a job anyway? No one give you money for solving an incident.

She works for Yukari. We don't know what Yukari does to subsidize Reimu's existence. Reimu always seems to have enough food, booze, and tea. She might get paid in kind.

No, Reimu just spends all her money on drugs that she does with Marisa and then claims she's broke.

Good point. What about Marrysa?

Is Tenshi's inmunity towards Shion's powers a natural talent of hers or a Celestial thing?

This is Marisa we're talking about. She lies, cheats, and steals.
They make a good pair, desu.

Celestial perk

>those glossy lips
wew. also why do they have collars on?

Marisa is more entrepreneurial than Reimu.

By which you mean she's a thief.

Why is Marisa so liked despite being a thief?

Blessing this thread

Her bold attitude probably, ze.

She runs an anything-goes kind of shop.

It's just banter la.

No, really, I can't think of any other good reason. Maybe she only steals stupid shit? It's an unusually cartoonish concept for touhou, having an unrepentant thief and everyone just responding "oh, that Marisa!" It's pretty incongruous to the rest of her characterization and I think that's why fans mostly depict her as stealing books while flirting with girls. No one else knows what to make of it either.

In the fandom, she's popular because of her roguish yet hard working nature. Her entertaining banter. And her cute witch outfit.

In-universe. Youkai seem to like her for her brazen attitude, and just being generally fun to be around. The human villagers mostly just seem to like her for being a very competent Youkai extermination.

I doubt Yukari has to subsidize much anyway. Outside of food and drinks, Reimu pretty much has no expenses.

I wonder what Aya is thinking in this image. On the one hand, she's about to be raped. On the other hand, "I was raped by the Hakurei shrine maiden" is going to make one hell of a killer article.

>Finally make it to Hourai Jewel on Lunatic
>Get scared
>Kaguya fucking destroys me
GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH

>but girls can't love girls!
I can't see that face any other way.
Just follow your pictures advice. Get drunk, pass out, and try later. You'll probably beat it.

I know, I'm getting there, and taking a break is vital because I'm still on the adrenaline high of getting that close, but I have to close out IN.

First time I 1cc'd UFO Normal I was at it for 12 hours straight and only made it to Byakuren twice. Talk about a huge waste of time.

I know that feeling, I would get 1/2 good runs and then choke 20 times on the first stages. I realized it's better to not force myself since I won't play properly anyway. Instead, I do a bit of practice then 1/2 good runs and then take a break.

Getting out of Stage 1 is a nightmare. Midboss Wriggle's spellcard is always worrysome because it's "will I have to go back and do that last minute again?"
I refuse to move on to Stage 2 without a NMNB Stage 1 because otherwise I'm just wasting my time.

In the middle of a forest.

Most of my 1ccs came with a fuck up or two at stage 2 or 3. You've just got to compensate afterwards.
The magic forest, a place neither youkai nor humans ever visit.

Stage 3 is where the run really starts for me, but I don't mind a fuck up or two in Stage 2. Restarting at 1 is reasonable for me because it isn't that much of a time loss.

I didn’t say she was a good entrepreneur, but she’s definitely better than Reimu.

Violence is never the answer

>福の神は姉で吉祥天、貧乏神は妹で黒闇天だともされる(この2天は仏教でも姉と妹である)。

>It is also said that Fuku no Kami is the older sister and called Kisshoten, and Binbo Gami is the younger sister and called Kokuanten (these two Tenbu deities are also sisters in Buddhism).

>つねに姉の吉祥天と行動を共にするが、彼女の容姿は醜悪で性格は姉と正反対で、災いや不幸をもたらす神とされる。

>Though she always goes with her elder sister, Kisshoten, Kokuanten with her ugly appearance and opposite character to her elder sister was said to be a goddess who brought misfortune and unhappiness.

It's called a red herring.

>get right up to the end of IN 1cc normal
>have cheat engine open because I'm fed up with not being able to see the ending after so many tries
>beat kaguya
>fucking fin-
>SURVIVAL SPELL CARD
>starts adding time as I die
>while in the panic I go into cheat engine and set the spent time to 0 because I don't want to fail right at the end
>get through it and see the ending
>later I find out it didn't actually matter
So technically I didn't cheat, right?
It's a legit 1cc... RIGHT?

No, cheating is wrong and you didn't even have to cheat anyway.

Your 2hu cheat on you with me every night

We're even then.

That’s impossible because my waifu join in on the fun as well

Then anything can be a red herring. We can't hope to predict or infer anything that isn't explicitly told to us. Everyone go home.

Who is the best entrepreneur in Gensokyo? I would personally say either Mystia or Kanako.

They say the kappas are bad a long term planning, so I guess Kanako.

>waifu
No

>We can't hope to predict or infer anything that isn't explicitly told to us

This is true. But thats also what makes speculation fun. There are some things that can be assumed from inferences though, like kasen being an oni. There's so many "Subtle" hints that its like being brained with a brick.

Who are the most misunderstood 2hus? my vote goes to Joon, Seiga and Taisui Xingjun

Tewi

>mfw baiting in /2hug/

This. This is the correct answer.

It wasn't even some random little comment a character made though. It was narration written in the last panel of the issue.

To be fair, that narration is somewhat misleading. Its not meant to be taken as a fact. You can certainly speculate that its true, but you can also speculate that its a tongue in cheek way of dissing on reimu.

Either way is plausible.

Just scrolled through all the threads from now to #98.5 and still couldn't find it. Either blind or it got removed? Anyways still willing to make a gif of anyone's wish if they find this post. Archive's not helping either..

Seiga

Yukari. She's a dangerous mass murdering sociopath. Yet most fanwork portrays her as Reimu's wacky aunt. Or their Self Insert OC's one way ticket to Gensokyo.

If you mean; misunderstood in universe. Probably either Sakata or Hina.

Kanako. She just want to create a better Gensokyo, that’s all. Stop attacking her.

user please, these good people here are not that stupid.

You have been visited by Youmu Konpaku, gardener of the Hakugyoukurou, wielder of the Hakurouken and the Roukanken, servant to Yuyuko Saigyouji of the Hakugyoukurou that houses the Saigyou Ayakashi.

I'm spooked.

Tell me more about the hakurouken and the roukanken.

Anyone got a gif of the little hip sway Clownpiece does?