/assg/ General

Meatball Jason Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com
fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game_Wiki

>What is Last Year?
Class based with weaker killers. In development? Beta Delayed yet again. (Probably not real)
lastyearthegame.com

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1693785035830797641/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/index

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iBX7aNa4ErE
vimeo.com/255994695
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks m8, can't believe we're dealing with this shit cause of this autist.

Eventually he'll Guild Wars 2 us.

>This fucking event
How are they going to try and spin this to be good?

DbD only fags are getting so butthurt by the new patch, they're taking their anger out on us F13 bros.

It's literally just one guy. The rest of the DbD only fags largely ignore F13 and pay it no mind.

Its just one guy.

By ignoring any criticism, what else, the event itself is shit but the angriest player side are killers and they don't give a fuck.

Those are few idiots. I'm DbD-fag and I've never had a problem with F13.
Might as well drop DbD too, this patch is a fucking mess.

how bad is this new patch?
PS4 bro here who hasn't played DbD in a few weeks, BTW.

Well, for starters the event doesn't even work on PS4. The coins aren't given.

There's weird sound glitches, like the chase music just starts blaring out of nowhere even if the killer is far away. It's kind of spooky actually.

Long story short: survivors and killers need to get special coins by hooking on special hooks or repairing special generators. Many survivors and some killers are griefing each other to fuck the other's coin gain.
Flashlights and pallets got a buff because of a "bug fix" and now people can do flashlight saves or drop pallets on killers pick-up animation with no effort or timing, which is making many killers more miserable than usual. Also somehow they brought double pallets back, although accounts of this occurrence are messy (I've seen them but some people haven't).
BT was changed in a way that might be OK or terrible, depending on your opinion. BT no longer gives protection to the unhooker, but now it can be used forever instead of one-use.

>Well, for starters the event doesn't even work on PS4. The coins aren't given.
that sucks.

Guess I'll repost it here too

I haven't played dbd for a bit, and alot of this is new to me, but am I reading all this right?

>hold ptb for emblem system they've been hyping up for ages, going on about how its going to change things and they put alot of time and effort into it
>it barely changes anything
>gens still award far too little objective
>evader is only awarded for being found then losing the killer, you don't get shit for not being found in the first place
>community event
>filled with grinding and shitty reskins
>killers can be denied their coins by shitty hook placement or sabo
>survivors can get their coins automatically???
>BUT ALSO "bug fixes" that make flashlighting pickups and pallet stuns on pickup even more brain dead
>BT changes out of no where
>none of these things were in the PTB and the frogs decided the best time to dump these changes was during a timed event
>NO DOUBLE BP SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY BUY THE OFFERINGS

Holy fuck, what were they THINKING

Yup, you got all of that right.
Time to play something else for the remainder of the event.

Probably, "China numbah wun".

Just letting you know, I support this thread. Don't butcher the OP.

Thats really depressing.
I kinda like the David shirt, but I don't think I'll reinstall DBD for it.

How long must we suffer this autism

youtube.com/watch?v=iBX7aNa4ErE
...holy shit.

This is the new thread, regardless of if this wasn't the one posted first. It follows the /assg/ unspoken rule of "DbD, F13, and Last Year in the OP."

>hearing killer ost when he's not around
why did they give killers distress now
gonna assume killer side is fucked with too and that whispers doesnt work as intended

Whispers works fine because it works off a background system based on player position. It lights up anyway if you have a Survivor in range.
Hunting noises on the other hand work on the surface level, based on if you're in a "Chase," which is a floating value the game changes on the fly. It's probably erroneously shifting this value under certain circumstance.

Quentin

Phil

Jenny is bae

All of these are fucking horrible.

>Make lobby as killer
>Get an obvious SWF group
>Alright a challenge
>One of the faggots swaps over to Claudette w/Flashlight at the last possible moment
>Timer went off so I couldn't do shit
>Loops me around the map for three minutes, 4 gens get done because loltoolboxes
>Finally get him
>DECISIVE STRIKE
>Runs away
>Get his friend
>He blinds me with his Flashlight
>Runs me around the map for another minute, the gates opened
>Get the flashlight faggot again
>His friend comes up with an instant heal, gets him to full health off the ground
>I Alt F4
Fuck this game.

Working as intended.

>Not dodging SWFs
>Chasing loopers for that long

>Chasing loopers for that long
Usually I can catch them, but I wasn't aware as to how fucked flashlights are now until afterwards.

>Devs remove insta-blinds
>Then they remove any skill required to actually blind someone with any kind of flashlight
One step forward, ten steps back!

reposting my TCM III fan edit from the previous thread.
vimeo.com/255994695

>And also make Pallet Stunning a Killer FREE

you're just jealous that fictional characters have people who love them but nobody loves you

Is Ft13 worth getting if I don't have a mic?

And they’ll never love you back. Acting autistic doesn’t excuse your shit taste.

Eh, it's certainly playable. But I don't find it as fun without one. It's not like they are expensive.

I'd say so, give it a shot. Remember: If you don't like it without a mic, you can refund it if you've played for two or less hours.

It's a mix. If you don't have a mic then by default people will be a bit weary of you. As long as they know you know how to listen then players will be fine with you.

its not worth to get period.

desipite the very load minority, most ofvthis thread, tried, and hated, f13.

its a swinging pendulumn of inbalance, where dbd is just a steady slope killers have to climb up

>its a swinging pendulumn of inbalance, where dbd is just a steady slope killers have to climb up
IMO the former is preferable. At least everyone has a fair shot at surviving, dying or even killing The Big J.
Killers are 90% of the time totally fucked in DbD, on the other hand.

Shitter detected. Jason was never overpowered, not even at launch.

>survivors being much stronger than killer for way too long
>flashlight and pallet changes this update
>no buffs for garbage tier killers, and the wraith buff barely helped him
It's a slope, but one that just gets steeper and steeper for Killer. F13's got much more content and balance changes since launch, and the game feels totally fair and fun for both Counselor and Jason right now. Just how I see it.

It's alright without a mic. You won't be able to micspam while chasing people as Jason and you won't be able to coordinate as easily with other counselors, but it's enjoyable.

plus the consequences of dying are nearly nonexistent in Friday the 13th.
you have so much more to lose when you die in DbD.

Must be why people left the game in droves then huh and why dbd has 13 time the player base?

f13fags are seriously this starved of oxygen.

You can't claim a game is better, when its almost dead.

Let me dish here.

Everyone telling you to buy f13 is a troll trying to waste your money.
Its a joke we do on the discord.

I just can't keep it up anymore.
Please don't waste your money.

F13 lost its playerbase because it was a buggy, unstable piece of shit with sparse updates and no addictive grind or competitive element to keep anyone but diehards playing beyond the first few weeks. Balance had nothing to do with it. The game was fair at launch, it was bullshit that favoured the counselors from late October until two weeks ago, and now it's relatively fair and is improving.

>how do opinions work: the post
Seriously, I find Friday the 13th far more fun than Dead By Daylight, I don't give a fuck about player count. I have more fun with it so I can claim that I do think it's better you fucking neanderthal.

the only people who left the game are unfun faggots who are only playing "to win" and think that counselors should live all the fucking time.
like...uhhh....oh yeah...SWF cunts.

I feel like the problem regarding the playerbase isn't that it's better or worse than DbD, it's just that a lot of players played it at or near launch when it was a buggy, unbalanced mess and never tried playing it again. It's good to see people considering playing it again in /assg/, it deserves another shot after all the fixes, balance tweaking, and major content since launch.

>Seriously, I find Friday the 13th far more fun than Dead By Daylight
this. Friday the 13th (except during that four month dance party nightmare) is just pure entertainment.
Dead by Daylight, while it does have its fun moments, is way too stress inducing for its own good.

The fundamental, most important reason is that DbD is pseudo-competitive with ranking systems and has an engaging grind while F13 doesn't. The masses will go for the one that is scientifically designed to keep them engaged over a long period of time.

>DbD is pseudo-competitive with ranking systems and has an engaging grind
....ehhhhh. not when you get pallet looped all the fuckin' time by SWF fags who seemingly fix generators in mere seconds.

>f13 is good.
>Player numbers don't matter.

If your argument was right, your numbers wouldn't have spiked after sales. It would have rose and remained constant.

Spikes mean people play, and decided they hate the game.

DBD doesn't spike like f13.

You need to come to the realization your game is dead and can only hold into its paultry sub-1k daily players.

Like it all you want, but stop pretending its better than dbd by any metric. "Fun" is the only argument you can make because you literally have nothing else.

Dead By Daylight informs players weekly about what they're doing, do events nearly every month, give shit out for free, engage the community and try and change the game for the better over all and changes take days, and rarely a few weeks.

Unlike f13, where the devs are quiet for months, don't fix anything, and when they do they break something else.

DBD is a single, functional, quick game with constant community updates and feedback.

The same can't be said about f13.
Your ideals of "fun" doesn't make it a better game. They don't matter and you need to stop trying to keep people to waste their money on your "ideal of fun"

The fact and reality is its not a good game made by devs inferior to even the fucking frogs.
You must deal with it.

I think the borrowed time changed was for the better for killers. Trading the rescuer for the rescued is definitely good and I haven't had a hook bait/dive or bodyblock conga line to the exit gates yet.

I left the game because I was fucking tired of getting hit through walls and closed doors, the car flipping upsidedown for no reason and killing all the occupants, key items falling through the ground and players leaving the match en masse the moment they weren't selected to play as Jason you presumptuous faggot.
While the game is in a far better place than it was on release, first impressions are important, and F13 didn't leave me with a good one, and really soured my opinion towards it.

considering how badly the DbD team fucked their own game in this latest patch, this is some straight up delusion.
>Unlike f13, where the devs are quiet for months, don't fix anything, and when they do they break something else.
actually, they've been pretty vocal lately about the upcoming fixes and shit.
besides, militant DbD only fags are the only ones who give a shit about "player numbers", from what i've gathered.

>first impressions are important, and F13 didn't leave me with a good one, and really soured my opinion towards it.
hey, I gave DbD a second chance (via PS4) after having an absolutely dismal first impression of it on PC and even then, it still took me quite some time to finally warm up to the fuckin' thing.
Friday the 13th, on the other hand, was total love at first sight for me, warts and all. only time the game really let me down was during that awful "bully the retard simulator" period that's thankfully long behind us.

I'm not talking about what actually happens during a match. I mean that it has a ranking system that constantly resets and requires you to maintain your rank. It has an experience system where there is a ton of grind that is directly in the player's control with the bloodweb, and their experience point gain is based on what they do and how well they perform. Compare this to the unranked F13 where you get most of your points just for seeing the match to the end, and most of the points you earn for stuff you actually did happens rather early into the match. Also, in F13 you have zero control over the grind. It's a 1-150 leveling experience with a completely randomized slot machine to acquire perks.

What this means is that people will only play F13 for what is happening in the match. Meanwhile someone who would normally only play DbD for a few matches and then only come back to the game a week later will find themselves playing several hours a day because the systems outside of matches are designed to be psychologically addicting. Also, you have the constant meta shifts in DbD due to the developer's philosophy that every new killer and their perks along with survivor perks should break the game. This is intentional to force players to grind another set of characters every few months to stay up to date and be able to compete. F13 has nothing like this, you just play the slot machine when you've got enough points and it is your turn.

By your logic League of Legends is the greatest game on the planet because

>very high player base
>give out shit for free
>monthly events
>engage community
>very consistent and frequent patches

Exactly how I feel. Even with an average of 1k players on PC daily, it's enough to find a match in seconds and I always have a blast playing. I play a lot of DbD and have fun as well, but DbD seriously stresses me out when I'm having fun, especially when playing killer. DbD is competitive fun, and F13 is just dumb fun. I can totally understand why people like either one, and I don't think one is "clearly superior" to the other.
I like them both, but I like playing F13 more because I don't stress when playing, not even as Jason (unless they're going for the kill, then there's a bit of tension).

>People giving the autist (you's)

Stop.

BILL IS HARD!

I think what it comes down to is DBD players are competitive gamers who don't really care about the horror aspect while F13 fans are horror fans, most of which have a deep love of the series, so they like the immersion.

I'm glad to hear you are still enjoying it user.
I think about going back to F13 once and a while to give the new content a try, but all the people I played with on release have dumped the game as well, and I don't really enjoy playing games that use voice chat with randoms very much.
Maybe someday, but for now I'm done with DbD and F13 for the time being.

Cant we all just get along like we used to? Both games have faults but both are pretty fun and have different playstyles.

its better than f13.

when are you faggots going to admit you actually hate the game because you want to eat shit to be different and contrarian?
Yes, youd need autism to think f13 was a good game

but does the average gamer give a flying fuck about this deep intricate shit?
...fuck no. they just want to play a video game reenactment of a slasher film.
I had been waiting YEARS for a slasher film game (after getting blue balled by Campfire getting cancelled) and Friday the 13th delivered the goods.
Dead by Daylight is nice and all...but most get turned off by "why the fuck am I helping a Lovecraftian spider murder people? I wanna be the one to kill 'em all!" or "why the fuck are generators the key to my survival above all else?".

No what you're saying is it's the best game on the planet with your metric. Admit that you think League of Legends is the best game on the planet using your own objective rating system.

we never got along.
F13fags were like this before the game was even realised.

>this game will Kill dead by daylight
>dead by may

You are asking if 2 communities can come together even though they have vastly different views.
Sorry but I don't think so even though it would be nice.

okay user, i will, because either way, it still means f13 is garbage

its almost like they should be two seperate generals, but f13fags are only trying this hard because they know they couldnt sustain their own general.

>but does the average gamer give a flying fuck about this deep intricate shit?
Yes. They don't even think about this stuff, but the psychologically addictive systems do stimulate their brain and keep them engaged.

Oh, and another thing that may be responsible for the difference in players between the two games is that one is designed around the idea that the survivors should have a 50/50 chance of escaping, while the other expects you to lose the vast majority of the time. That's fun and fits the fantasy, but it's not the sort of thing that keeps people playing for hours a day every day, which is how you get 10-20k people playing at any given time.

some of us play both and the F13 only players that aren't little kids or shitlord trolls are genuinely chill.
its the militant DbD only fags that are maintaining the friction.
Hell, I didn't even know about Dead by Daylight when I placed my initial BackerKit pre-order for Friday the 13th.

Then say it. Say League of Legends is the best game on the planet.

>other thread is peaceful discussion
>this one is shitflinging
who would have thought

For me it's not a matter of "not sustaining our own general," it's just a general where I can talk about and see posts about DbD and F13 in the same place, two games that I love dearly.

>its the militant DbD only fags that are maintaining the friction.
You mean the one autist? It's really just one guy.

>its the militant DbD only fags that are maintaining the friction.
Its not.

the cure is two generals.
why wont you just make one already?
there doesnt have to be fighting, you just wont leave

>but the psychologically addictive systems do stimulate their brain and keep them engaged.
...until you just lose all the fucking time due to busted ass gameplay mechanics (especially for killers) and eventually just give up altogether.
>the survivors should have a 50/50 chance of escaping
pffff...not when you're playing in a SWF group. then the balance is totally fucked.
at least the balance in Friday the 13th is perfectly fair.

There already plenty generals being kept alive by only a few people posting so I see no problem.

Also why did you mention me in a post with the dude talking about what makes a game great?

I will as soon as you say f13 is a shit game

this.

Survivor mains make up the majority of the playerbase and half the killers that you see are probably survivor mains that just want faster bloodpoint gain to put into their survivors. The psychological abuse of killers doesn't really matter because there will always be people willing to sign up for that role.

>so I see no problem.
then why dont you?
Its the only real way to prove the militant dbd wrong

opening a new tab is really hard

Because I don't play F13

Oh christ he's arguing with himself now.

absolutely shitty way to looking at it.
a good reason why DbD is, most of the time, an unfun anxiety magnet full of garbage ass teabaggers.
the best time is when everyone gets a fair shake (three die and one escapes). having survivors survive most of the fucking time is utter trash.
also...fuck pallets. the game needs a stronger emphasis on stealth.

Have we tried a F13 general before, honestly? Even if it lives or dies, it's worth a shot, right? Got nothing to lose. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out and I'd be willing to post in it.

you know what? we should try.
we could have free "fuck Chad" parties and post lewds of our favorite counselor waifus.

I don't even play Friday the 13th but this post is so full of bullshit it's actually astounding.
>events nearly every month
Most of which are dogshit and little more than carrots to dangle in front of the addicts to keep them playing
>give shit out for free
Ooo some shitty recolors and a killer/survivor once every 6 months YAY!
>engage the community
By making false promises and showing off some shitty fanart?
>try and change the game for the better over all
that's why killers got ultra cucked this patch and basically every other patch? Don't even get me started on everything wrong with the current patch
>changes take days, and rarely a few weeks
Scratch marks have been bugged since forever, looping is STILL a massive issue, d strike, self care, and sprint burst have yet to receive meaningful nerfs, need I go on?

on a side note, the DbD only thread is dead as fuck, so keep that in mind too.

No. Stop replying the stupid autist and just discuss the damn game. DBD, Friday the 13th, the vaporware that's last year, hell there's this gmod thing called Slashers which is pretty cool. Just fucking talk about it, ignore the retard.

I'm not arguing about which game is more fun, only explaining that DbD is designed to keep people playing over long periods of time while F13 is not. With F13, there's really nothing beyond what is happening in the match so unless you enjoy the core gameplay enough to be playing every day, well, you can see why the numbers aren't so high.
If you stripped the grind out of DbD and left only the core gameplay, with no sense of progression with each match, you'd still have SWF parties playing religiously but the solo players would play a few matches every few days.

I wonder when Last Year is going to have some substance. Even just watching a playthrough of a level would be enough to get me interested. But right now it feels like a vague concept.

>the vaporware that's last year
oh yeah, I keep forgetting about it.
will it be the Daikatana of the assymetrical slasher?

#RespectMy4%Privilege