Convert me to Orthodox Christianity

There seemed to be a ton of Orthodox lads on the board not long ago, so if any of you are still around, please present solid arguments as to why I should look into the Eastern Churches as opposed to other forms of Christianity, namely the Roman Catholic Church.

Philosophical and Theological arguments are preferred; not >muh Catholicism is not Christian or >muh Pope is a cuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

oca.org/
oca.org/questions/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I converted to Eastern Orthodox aftr watching George do it on Seinfeld. I liked it up until 9/11 happened. Thats I became agnostic.

Post more orthodox art instead of rambling

I'd also love to be convinced.

orthodoxes are the jews of christianity

Same.

>There seemed to be a ton of Orthodox lads
Some obnoxious fedoras seem to have chased them away, then immediately after this, a lot of commie threads began poping up out of nowhere. Coincidence?

Commies, you have thrown everything you've got at Christ and Christ has defeated you every single time. Even as we speak, China and the African continent are on their way to becoming Christian. Christ will win in the end and you will burn in hell, lest you repent. You have been warned.

>He wants to be a heretic

The bible is all you need friend

Orthodoxy is correct because it proves Jesus was born from anal sex.

And who dosn't love anal?

If you want to become orthodox you have to be a nationalist and believe in gnostic doctrines like aerial toll houses and quietism and the evil eye. I say that semi jokingly, but I really draw the line at their vagueness toward original sin which is something I kind of need to make sense of christianity in the first place.

I'm a Catholic and the church seems kinda messed up these days and so I've looked into Orthodoxy but not found anything substantial to make me justified in converting. They have cool art but if that's what you're after you can convert to an eastern rite.

The most substantial arguments I've heard revolve around the papacy, but just read the book "the bishop of Rome in late antiquity" for yourself to see the evidence of of Roman governing supremacy.

Forgive me for being a cuck, but the mysticism and ritual is what appeals to me, along with the links to "what the original Christians would have done" they seem to be autistic about.

And I am a nationalist, but unfortunately there doesn't really seem to be an "American" Orthodox Church, so to speak.

Tbh I wish Vatican 2 never happened, because the old Latin Mass and rites seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Shoo shoo, autistic protestant, I'm looking for ritual and ascetism here, not some smiley southern preacher with big teeth telling me how hard he can read the Bible.

I agree with most of what you said beside the whole autist stuff. And there is an American Orthodox Church!

And God yes, old latin mass bring it back

I say autism as in excessive attention to detail, this website has really diluted my use of the word

>Convert me
Orthodox Church has no room for those who worship the "Self", you should try Buddhism instead.

>I'm looking for ritual and ascetism here
You're looking for Judaism

America is not a nation.

>Judaism
>asceticism

>what are Orthodox Jews

*tips*

>what are Pharisees
Hypocrites who put on a show of their faith for the sake of appearences.

And that's what Eastern Orthodox are too

Nope. Christian monasticism is done in private and is not for show.

oca.org/

uh

The Orthodox church is incredibly corrupt. It needs a Reformation so it can become Protestant

Why should I pick Eastern Orthodoxy over Oriental Orthodoxy?
And what about Church of the East?

You shouldn't. Read the bible and get saved

But I don't want to be heretical proddie.

Then read the bible and ignore orders from the pro-gay pro-transsexual pro-abortion pedophile cult

You forgot pro atheistic communism

Okay satan.

This Pope is a liberal agent made to break down the Papacy, but we(catholics) will not fail for their schemes.

>But i don't want to be a Christian
ftfy

>The pope is the enemy of the pope

Aren't we all our own greatest enemy?

oca.org/questions/

Read seraphym rose. He was pretty good in explanation of orthodox's philosophy and why it is correct
-Russian kun

>If you want to become orthodox you have to be a nationalist
Can you elaborate on this? I assumed nationalism was the antithesis of all religion, particularly Christianity.

Orthodoxy these days is pretty much nationalism first, religion second on the count that since communist rule every Orthodox church basically became an arm of a state.

Except the ROCOR, which of course is just Russian nationalism and anti-communist asshurt in church form anyway.

kek this picture is actually pretty spot on with islamic theology

>“In the Islamic tradition a distinction is made between two holy wars, the "greater jihad" (el-jihadul-akbar) and the "lesser jihad" (el-jihadul-ashgar). This distinction originated from a saying (hadith) of the Prophet, who on the way back from a military expedition said: "You have returned from a lesser holy war to a great holy war." The greater holy war is of an inner and spiritual nature; the other is the material war waged externally against an enemy population with the particular intent of bringing "infidel" populations under the rule of "God's Law" (al-Islam). The relationship between the "greater" and "lesser holy war", however, mirrors the relationship between the soul and the body; in order to understand the heroic asceticism or "path of action", it is necessary to understand the situation in which the two paths merge, the "lesser holy war" becoming the means through which a "greater holy war" is carried out, and vice versa: the "little holy war", or the external one, becomes almost a ritual action that expresses and gives witness to the reality of the first. Originally, orthodox Islam conceived of a unitary form of asceticism: that which is connected to the jihad or "holy war".”

What if you're not from a country that was raped by communists/doesn't even have a patriarch?

Any other Maronites here?

>Calling 777 "satan"
>Ignoring that trips of 7 can't lie about proddies being heretics