/d2g/ - Dota 2 General

Goodbye Ben Wu edition

>INFORMATION & GUIDES
Major Patch: dota2.com/springcleaning (7.08)
Most Recent Update: dota2.com/news/updates
New Players: purgegamers.true.io/g/dota-2-guide
New Players (League Refugee Edition): dotabuff.com/learn/lol
Wiki: dota2.gamepedia.com
Blog: blog.dota2.com
Developer Forum: dev.dota2.com
Lore: dota2.gamepedia.com/Lore
Guides: game-leap.com
Cosmetic Simulator: dotaloadout.com
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
dotabuff.com
opendota.com
stratz.com
Competitive DOTA 2 Analysis: datdota.com
Hero Stats, DPS Calculator, & Interactive Map: devilesk.com/dota2

>NEWS & STREAMS
gosugamers.net
liquiddota.com
dota2protracker.com
Streamlink: github.com/streamlink/streamlink
GUI: github.com/streamlink/streamlink-twitch-gui

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=3W3Tf10PeVY
dev.dota2.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Make d2g a better place

based

Why is the game dying?

Based resident Venezuelan

>subsequent posts are the "same post every thread" shitposting and bait

/tekgen/ (a GOOD game unlike this one)
highest winrate with >50 games is AM (52.63%)
highest winrate with >100 games is furion (51.46%)

>people complain that the game got casualized when in wc3 and early dota 2 """high""" skill level was like 3k people now
i think i know why these shitters are complaining
they just stayed bad all these years
LOL

because theyre changing the game based on communist ideas from the reddit dota 2 forum.
AOE bounty runes
In game rewards for stacking camps for your buddies with a little icon so everyone knows it was you!

This is so pathetic

at least show us an updated one

this post is 100% accurate

I'm really bored of this crappy strawman meme now.

>maining
fuck off cancer

People are obviously leaving for the superior game; pubg

>ignoring 90% of posts here

>4000 games of dota 2
>less and less players are playing
>run into a player i honestly believe was map hacking in some way

i guess that's a pretty good indication that the game is dying

Should reflection illusions receive auras and passives?

twitch
.tv/dreamleague

PENTA vs. the finns
Remember when w33 was good?

>merlini out of dota 2
>talentless hacks like slacks and 3k players prevalent in the scene
if you didn't think dota was dying before it defiantly is now

Because they can earn their 100 millions by throwing 30 immortals at their community without working for the rest of the year.

remember being good at all parts of the game and specific roles mattered and you didnt need aoe gold rewards for doing the basic function of your position? i remember

>No content
>Balance patches making the game like lol/hots

Valve is an incredibly lazy company. It's why they stopped doing official majors, and battlepasses for those majors.

Yes and they also should be able to cast their spells and use items.

its honsstly hillarious that they gave up on making hats of all fucking things

they always did, at one point terrorblade was anti-mage's brother and it was part of his lore that he could burn his own brother's mana with an illusion of him

sounds pretty cool

>no battlepass
>no chinese new year event

Based Gundamposter.

the guy i'm sharing the cage with is watching esports

>sven clears a medium stack
>rubick gets 25 gold

GAME

CHANGING

Whoa, literally LoL of legends.

7.00 was too extreme now its one change at a time

How long is it going to take for people to finally start calling PPD the shitter he is? Guarantee people are gonna keep holding out for universe on fnatic as well despite the guy being fucking overrated as fuck for the past 3 years

FUG :DDDDDDD

>teamwork makes you a marxist
t. burger that has literally never played a hero that isn't a hard carry

Why would anyone play something that isn't a hard carry?

where my rich chads at?

forgot my pic :^)

Merlini is the epitome of Reddit, the very thing that is killing Dota...

This literally makes zero sense.

>that drop
what happened

>merlini is reddit
how fucking new can you get

>doom is still garbage
I thought maybe he would get some love this week but nooooooo

so never mind that Reddit LOVES him and that he writes there all the time.

it was probably somebody listing theirs with a typo and it instantly got bought up

>doom is bad
t. shitter

>playing WR mid one she excels at offlane

>doom
>bad

doom is all about bonking melee carries with his infernal blade and making their lives miserable

It was literally his job. He's probably been playing dota longer than you've been alive faggot, kill yourself. Merlini's forgotten more about this game than you will ever know, he's one of the few people on the pro-casting scene who was actually a pro and actually know what the fuck he's talking about

>picking doom into some retard that wants to play morph

>it's his job being a redditor
Upvoted :)

Everyone likes Merlini dude. End yourself for even typing this shit.

keep replying, just confirms how ass hurt you are that somebody paid to go to dota 2 events, host, analyze, and be knowledgeable about the game interacts with the community across multiple platforms

>penta vs finns on dota esports
>penta vs finns on siege esports

that too

doom is good against those greedy int heroes like invoker and storm spirit it'll be a while before either one builds a linkens and even then you can always just build a halberd and pop it with that

get a blink dagger and doom those cunts before they do anything in a fight

except he only interacts on Twitter and Reddit and he barely even attended to events or worked at all. And now he bitches that he does not get paid enough and they rather pay new fresh blood a bit more rather than overpaying a hasbeen that barely does anything anymore.

I honestly don't think there's a dota personality that's more Reddit than Merlini, he's the one that posts there the most and Reddit loves him because he's one of them.

>arteezy is willing to admit what nu-/d2g/ redditors are not willing to admit

>one faggot with a pathalogical obsession with reddit
Meanwhile Topson is playing Invoker again.

>reddit likes him so he's bad
where else do you even interact with the community as a professional? and he is right they are taking people with 0 pro experience and no game knowledge beyond their pubs and repeating other people's talking points and underpaying them to do analysis for top tier tournaments. But he already said he is quitting because it isn't a long term career and he needs to think about his future more than a game he's been involved with for over a decade.

You're just trying to be an edgy contrarian kid about something you don't know anything about, and it's ironic you call him reddit when that's literally how you act.

but its too late to be saying that now arteezy, especially since you and your team are performing really poorly

it just comes off as being a soreloser

>/d2g/ hates Waga that's a trolling top player that makes Reddit mad because he "ruins" pub games
>/d2g/ love Merlini that's literally the safe space nice guy and for some reason worships him despite barely done anything relevant for 10years in dota

>newfags complaining about trilanes
why

try playing offlane sometime and have two enemy supports literally sit outside of the attack range of your towers

>reddit on showing rosh timer
>This is the people valve listens to

Nothing wrong with Reddit, user. /our/ guy Merlini is the biggest Redditor there is and he's cool!

Go home

>reddit is so shit guys if you go there you are killing dota
>here look at this thing I saw while reading reddit

i'm super salty about the stun indicators feels like a baby's game

i've given up shittalking reddit when i realized everyone here goes there

to be fair that was in preparation for status resist, not that that isn't a shitty change itself

i hope icefrog will add mana indicator the next patch

(you) go there*

>all these commentators going on about the support patch because witch doctor is richer than usual

these stupid faggots really need to play witch doctor sometime, its normal for him to be richer than usual since malediction and death ward secures more kills than most support skills

relevant once again

mana indicator would kill the game and it will never show

Okay so then you win all your other lanes how is this bad?
Learn to skip or farmyour FREE jungle camps

>Just go jungle on lvl1 and farm there

HOLY FUCKING SHIT STOP CONSTANTLY TALKING ABOUT REDDIT ALREADY JESUS CHRIST HOW FUCKING INSECURE ARE YOU GUYS

>when you need to make up quotes that nobody said to feel like you're right

youtube.com/watch?v=3W3Tf10PeVY

even professional players hate this shit

Reminder (You)s calling you a fucking retard are worth nothing.

>kyle

not an argument

The doctor is ___

>carry is holding the lane
>two supports stay in the tower
Then they are not ganking mid. Grab your bounty runes, ward your tower, and jungle. If they come to annoy you, tell your supports to come for easy kills. Eventually they will leave the lane to gank. Tell your midlane they are coming for you and go get your offlane exp.

There.

fuck off ribbit.

>3 heroes in 1 lane at level 1
>omg icefrog fix this xD
If youre too low to jungle then steal a wave newfag, you realize that it's good if they are wasting their time soaking exp from their carry or not getting any either? This means all of your other lanes are not only 1v1 but your supports can do a million other things too, and so can you

It's a team game you retard

what does he want? constant roaming or some shit? We had the meme fighting patch, we're kinda still in it, that shits insanely fucking boring to watch.

WE WANT ACTUAL STRATERGY IN THIS GAME AGAIN, STOP THIS 'HUR HUR GOTTA USE SPELLS ALL THE TIME XdXd' MEME

Next update:

Warding Trinket
With a slot

maybe he wants offlane to actually exist

you spend more time out of offlane than actually in it against trisafelanes, between trying to skip creep waves and farming the jungle

dota 2 needs more map sub-objectives

what Ideas do we have?

how about

>a crab in the river that when killed gives vision right outside of the rosh pit that can only be removed once it times out. Also gives MS when the team that killed it pass through it

>a stone golem that when killed gives the 'last hitter' a buff that drastically increases mana regen

>a tree thing that when killed gives the 'last hitter' a buff that causes their auto attacks to have a DoT

> a 'mini rosh' that will appear in 1 of 4 different forms, based on rng. When killed it gives a specific permanent buff based on which type of mini rosh has spawned to all teammates. One form gives bonus damage to objectives 'buildings + rosh'. Another form gives bouns MS. The third form gives bouns damage against enemy heroes. The fourth gives added health and mana regen.

>the final 'elder form' spawns after 35 mins. Slaying the elder dragon will only last for 2 mins, but will enhance the previous buffs collected from the other dragons. Will also gives both your auto attacks and spells burn damage against enemy heroes.

Buff me ice turd, pos 5 WD is raping me with vessel.

>having to adjust your playstyle based around your picks and your enemies picks is bad
t. Redditer who "mains" an offlaner

also with trisafelanes being prevalent the hero pool that can actually "successfully" solo offlane has been reduced to like 5 or 6 maybe even less

>dev.dota2.com

So how are you supposed to get out of the shadow pool if the only people you get queued with don't speak english on US East

>valve devs move on to Artifact
>icefrog left to work on dota
>icefrog decides to do biweekly patches
>slowly undoes reddit changes pushed by other valve devs
>slowly restores dota to pre7.00 state

or

>icefrog was fired years ago and some intern has been balancing the game

>its reddit to want to have normal laning phases instead of a herobrawling game

of course it is

everything is reddit afterw