/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art, music, & discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, and of course sonic comics, old and upcoming.

/sthg/ #1210 - Delicious Brown Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Just realized she really doesn't need the extra "hair"
shes cute regardless

Mina Milestone maybe?

literally Sally 2.0

aaaaaaand it's Sally, minus the gf stuff.
which is fine. They need a female lead and like he says that's never what Amy really was or was supposed to be.

I can't complain.

>campaigning for Ristar 2
If there was ever any doubt, it's now no longer a question. Flynn is objectively /our guy/

>Ian likes Ristar
Good man.

It's add agreeing with him though, but looking at the whole picture, out of all the available females in the Sonic franchise, those that aren't 6, stuck in another dimension or have a full time job with their own black hedgehog, there's not that much going around.
Although I think Sonic and Amy need more adventures together. Not even as a SonAmy thing, just as a they work good together in missions.

Although, if Tangle having lots of adventures with Sonic is true, I can only see her being shat on as much as Sally was, and that's a shame because Sally reboot was great.

Maybe because I haven't read all the comics properly, but what did Mina actually have going for her?

Amy is being regressed back to her current game status of not a power player that goes out on missions much anymore.

I think Amy would be a good female lead if they focused on her other traits instead of just her crush. Is it because she's too girly?

Sally reboot was Sally minus gf stuff

But I'd argue amy's point, I do think the main characters of the series should always be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman. Any other characters can come and go as they please, it's always nice seeing them and I love the Chaotix, but those 5 should always be the focus. Not of every arc, but overall.

Also if Tangle takes more of a role than Amy did (which is something that not even Sally did in Reboot) there will be complaints everywhere from mad Amy fans.

Mina is a rock diva. She is one of the only other characters with super speed.
Her origin was conceived knee deep in the dark age territory and because of that she took a lot of time to get fixed even after Ian came on board. She is however rather interesting and unique, plus cute.
I wouldn't rank her that high as a character but she was always a more unique version of the stereotypical older crush-Amy character.
Not a bad character overall, but not worthy of a milestone any time soon imo.

>complaints from Amy fans
nobody cares

>nobody cares
>huge chunk of sonic fan base
>nobody
are you braindead

Sonamy isn't and never will be canon.
The shippers need to learn to accept that. Ian has made it pretty clear that Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Eggman/Robotnik, Tangle, and even Shadow are getting a stronger focus as the primary characters and that Amy is a part of that second tier of characters. Tangle will be the main female protag. Amy will still probably be the most for front "girly" character though since Tangle outside of happening yo be a girl doesn't seem to be defined by her gender like most sonic girls are except maybe Blaze and Marine.

You'd think with being the first girl character they'd try to develop her but nope they're content with keeping her as one note as possible.

I'm an Amy fan and I care.

Nah, just with Reboot, Amy and Knuckles were by far the best characters. Amy was there to fight her own battles, to support others, and most importantly, to be one of the greatest friends in the whole run. Her cheering up Knuckles and fighting with him is one of the best moments in the comic.

And as one of the staples of the franchise since CD, I don't think Amy should be sidelined for any new character.
And this is coming from someone who wanted more arcs of Sally and Nicole being gay, I'd never have thought of putting amy in a lesser role for that vision.

>second tier of character
>Amy

I'd like to see your citation on that. Honestly, Ian's not gonna put a main star and favourite below a new character.

Most sonic fans actually understand that Amy's role is a reverse princess in a castle. The most important trait of her character is that she likes sonic and chases after him. She's not a main character that goes along with the big 3. She's the annoying girl that Sonic only sees as a friend. I'm sorry if your headcanon goes further than that but it's simply not going to happen in the games or IDW. Boom was the only exception and I agree that did her best but Boom was an expirament that's at most a spin off.
Now, you can disagree with this approach, but it is the approach they're going forward with. Sorry.

actually read the paragraph.
The entire poiint of tangle is to make a female lead.

>as one of the staples of the franchise since CD
but shes not.
She's been sidelined as a non main character since the mid 200s outside of boom.

and Ian has made it pretty clear he wants to get away from sexualized females in the spotlight. Amy will still chase after sonic, Rouge will still be... well, you know. Tangle is the new lead.

Tangle is very sexual though.

Remove weakling.

I mean, shes a girl

It seems some Amy fans haven't realized that the consequence of "making the comics more like the games" means reducing Amy's role.
You can't have your cake and eat it too.

This.
Anyone that's played a main series Sonic game in the last decade knows Amy's character has been scaled back from the 2000s.
Hell even there it was really only heroes and the advance games where she was a primary.

To be fair there's definitely some, for lack of a better word, progressive undertones at play here.
Ian is making it pretty clear that he wants a female lead that isn't defined by either her tits or her crush on the main character.
He admits he'd like to use Blaze but because of her background lore he's better off just using an OC.

>Sally reboot was great
Not really.

>tfw I just bought the best sonic game

this sums it up best

also this. Sally in reboot was wasted space. I wished she had just been erased with everyone else.

Well, that's just like, your opinion man.

But what is your favorite song?

>unironically liking ristar

>IanCuck confirms no Nicole

O N E J O B
N
E

J
O
B

It's fine.
I gave up hope a long time ago.
She'll get a milestone here soon anyway

basically what this guy here saysI made my peace with Archie long ago. Sometimes in life things die. Nicole has the benefit of being popular enough to live on in the community. That's enough.

Do people even like Nicole as a computer form?

She's helpful

I like Nicole in general

>progressive undertones
Tangle confirmed for lesbo

Kek
More likely though she'll just be genderless in her actions, which is to be fair how Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and Eggman all are.

Female lead or not, I hope Amy gets done justice in IDW.

Post some computer Nicole.

>Tangle female lead
Humorous to me people are saying this when Ian already said that she isn't going to be a major recurring character. Meanwhile, Amy's one of the 4 main characters advertised for IDW, even over Eggman (who we haven't seen in any promotional art for yet).

Ian's just doing his job of hyping up Tangle as this super special & awesome character, but there's little chance she's overtaking Amy's role as main female lead.

Is there someone that hates her?

She was cool even as a pad.

As a QT holo-lynx she's omega tier

source

Mina, because Mina is a cunt.

I like Mina and Nicole

>Ian says Amybisnt one of the mains
>"w-well what he actually meant was"
stay mad kid

Seriously though.

Forces and Mania OST download when and where?

this

also this. I like Amy, I really do. But it's becoming more and more obvious that the reason /rose/ was such a shitfest was because the hardcore amyfags are just cancer.

those tits are really weird

>just realizing now that Amyfans are the worst part of the base.
wew
Pro Tip: Don't respond to them. They never stop.

Mina needs a redesign. She's not visually distinct and looks kinda meh.

How so?

I could upload it, but only if 1 other person wants it, since its pretty big.

user, you didn't refute the part where Ian said Tangle isn't going to be a major recurring character.

Well I believe someone did a Mina redesign a while back that looked cute, but I don't have it on me. I think her look could use some touching up, but she looks fine imo.

Reminder that the weekend is coming up. You'd better be making levels, sonicbabs.

fashionu

Knight of The Wind > What I'm Made of > Live and Learn = Open Your heart > I Am All of Me

Tinkering around in that Bumper Engine is taking some getting used to again after months of no devkit, but I'm doing what I gotta.

Sounds dumb, but I kinda wanna make actual levels based off of some of the shit we saw in Battle like Club Rouge, Amy's Room, etc.

We have a mega link in the link compilation. The folder hasn't been updated in a while, so having it updated or a new folder with the missing soundtracks would be nice.

I'd like to have them as well, only got the early Forces rip and nothing of Mania so both'd be nice to have.

She probably won't. Being closer to the games means making Amy useless. She hasn't done a thing in the games for over a decade.

Considering Sonic & Amy are the focus of issue 2 & it's showing the two about to fight side by side, that's already more justice than the last decade of Sonic games.

Adequate list

The first 4 issues are introductory. If Amy helps, it will be in an along for the ride sort of way

Well, I guess we should see how it turns out then. But if Ian's prior work & how much they're advertising the main game 4 is anything to go off of, she'll be fine.

hopefully whoever maintains the folder can add the links it

alright then, uploading.

*BEEP**BEEP*
Best ship coming through

GHP, I know the big goal of the Bumper Engine is for people to create their own Sonic game, but I have a question: There's absolutely no way of being able to make boss fights work,
correct?

Exactly how I'd order it. Nice.

>best girl

Nothing about this list is correct

>Eggman Nega is above both Shadow and Tikal

Congrats, it's awful

Hmm, I'd switch Honey & Sally, put Nega in shit tier, put Infinite in meh tier, maybe bump up Tikal, but other than that, I can't argue too much with that.

I wanna put Shadow in good tier, but it depends on what depiction of him. Same with Silver

>honey tikal and wave are meh
literally homo
>rates jet and storm the same as charmy and omochao
shit taste

I wish this background wasn't wasted on such a shitty zone

this is unironically the best character tier list I've ever seen

very nice, how much?

>Robotnik above everyone?
check
>Shadow at a lower level tier?
check
>metal in Top Tier?
check

Based list.

About %70 correct.

In my defence this was made years ago in a big group discussion on /v/. Just added Infinite today because I thought it was obvious where he would rank

Personally for me it's Eggman God tier. Sonic, Blaze, Omega and Emerl top tier. Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Rogue and Gamma good tier and I couldn't care less for the other two tiers.

lel
>feminine-mode activated

OH NO GUYS. The 2000 people that actually bought Archie comics are freaking out over Sally and the Freedom Fighters not being in the IDW comics.

Feeling kinda eh on the designs, but maybe they'll win me over once the issue drops.

To be fair, people would've had the exact reaction if the FFs were in the comics, but it would be to take them out.

Yeah. They're pretty generic, but I'll wait to see how they work out.

>Club Rouge
Interesting! Never thought to try a Battle stage. Since those are very small, intimate environments you could do some very nice lighting in there.

Enemies can have their number of hits altered, so you could make a custom enemy that way. Then it's a matter of making custom behaviors using animations and scripts. For example, an enemy could shoot projectiles at the player that have the "Hazard" tag set to them. That'd take care of damage calculation and junk. No, boss fights are totally possible. You just have to make it happen.

>these plus tangle
someone really likes yellow, white, gray, blue, and black

Not bad desu.

They're all illusions made by Infinite, they use edgy colors because Infinite is an edgelord

I'll take it. Never even got near any of the main comic characters besides the 2 fan favourites (very surprised nobody ever suggested adding Bunnie, Uncle Chuck or any of the other Archie characters (only Sally and Nicole))

I feel the same towards egg rocket