/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Fuck Outsiders Edition

Was an outsider: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
strawpoll.me/15086067
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Circle Blood Gems
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for Felina is best girl

>When you make a new char but you will never get the same ammount of FINE NOTES

SLURP CUMMIES

>beat me to it
Doing god's work, fellow slurper.

>it's your fault we level to 117

Crush vermin.

>barely clutched against the fucker
Fuck phase 2, just wailing on me, moving everywhere

BLT build for cuckplay purposes is fun.

Kidnappers - are these guys Pthumerians? If so, why are they outside the labyrinth and presumably working for Mensis?

Church servants - why are these guys tall as fuck like Pthumerians?

PURGE FILTH

The Healing Church, of which Mensis and the Choir are inner factions, use Pthumerians and Pthumerian experimentation. Kindappers are Pthumerians dredged up by Mensis to, well, kidnap people for their ritual. They may very well likely be undead/fucked up like the other Pthumerians we see (save for HMPH and Queen Yharnam who aren't covered in sores) just covered in their shrouds.

Church Servants I once thought were more Pthumerians the Church was using, but an user convinced me that they're the results of Church experimentation to maybe create Pthumerians or simply have had much Pthumerian blood used on them - very importantly, they aren't weak to Arcane like true Pthumerians. Their faces certainly resemble HMPHs.

Hello guys,
Excuse my ineptitude but I'm having a bit of trouble with these glyph gems system.

bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
I'm farming the "pwmf22gu, F/R/C Ihyll L1" 27.2% phys gem.
From what I know, each time I'll get a different gem, here are some questions:

1) What is constant and what isn't? Will the name be always the same? "cursed tempered blablabla...". What about the Rating? (here says "19", but I've done it 2 times and I don't have any 19 gem). And the tier? (I guess they are always tier 6, aren't they?).

2) The effects of the gem. Here says "27.2% phys gem", does this mean this is the best gem they can drop? What are other possible gems? The same but with an added negative atribute? Antother completely different atribute?

3) Since here says "27.2% phys gem". I guess the "Physical ATK UP+X%" are better than the "Add physical ATK+X)" aren't they? (at least for my Skill build)

I'm sorry for the noob questions but I find this chalice dungeons and gems thing really confusing, especially because no one tells you shit in the game.

1)The name will change based on the primary effect of the gem (e.g. : Tempering means Phys ATK up %, Radiant means Stamina Cost down %, Striking means Charge ATK up %).
Rating goes up to 19, but you may also get a lower one.
Yes, the tier is always 6 for these gems.
2) Yes.
The gem pool on the Watchers is immense, I think the wiki has a page dedicated to it.
These gems are cursed, therefore they'll always have a random attribute and another random negative attribute.
3)Yes, percentage based gems are better than flat damage ones.

Okay, thanks for responding.
So I have to kill them until they drop me the "Cursed Tempering Damp Blood", that has rating 19.
Do you know how many tries (aprox, obviously) untill I get it? Is this farming really tedious?

It's a matter of RNG, really.

>summoned to beat Laurence the massive cunt
How do you fight him legit
Also why is the beast embrace the best transformation?

Okey, but is it really rare for a 27% gem to spawn?

Names change depending on what the gems do, they all have several tiers. 27.2% is the highest Physical gems they can drop, lowest is like 25% and some gems can go higher like Adepts (up to 32.6%). Watchers can drop a bunch of other kind of gems, Physical is the most common. More % is usually better for high attack multipliers like charge r2s and high AR weapons while +X (flat damage) tends to be better for lower attack multipliers like r1s. Alternative gems to Watchers are 24.8%+15 Tempering Abyssals from Bloodletting Beast, the difference is usually small and the boss is tougher.

>Fucked up my build by adding FUCKING 2 BLT POINTS
JUST
Everything was going great.
Would 50/22 STR ARC be still usefull?

The least rare, actually.
I doubt so.

Fairly rare, yes.
On top of that you also have to hope when you get that rare drop it has a downside you can live with.
Hp drain or attack down are two of the worst.

FUCK
I don't know what I was thinking
UN-optimized wheel, here I go

Okay thanks for the info. The shitty thing about this is that maybe I get the 27% gem but it has a curse that makes me loose HP over time...

Then just keep going till you get a better one. Alternatively if you want to keep it, you might be able to offset it with a HP regen gem on gun.

Thanks for the info, that's what I feared though

Isnt the lowest possible hp drain those gems come with like -8? You arent going to find a regen gem that will counter that

Let's settle this

strawpoll.me/15086067
strawpoll.me/15086067

Huh I thought you could get -4 but maybe I was thinking of brainsucc gems.

What's the highest regen that spawns on gun gems? +5?

For my 15End Skill build the best runes are: the +20% Stamina and the two +10% and +15% HP, aren't they?

Is any of Zullie's game depth good for ritual blood 5 farming? Faster than just running Loran l1?

I prefer clawmark, don't think the Stan is neccessary

It can be situational but yeah that’s most likely the best default runes setup

That's the standard setup yeah

Oki thanks guys.
If only gems would be as easy to get as these runes...

Is it possible to have depth 5 amygdala in an FRC pthumeru?

Nope

Guess I'm never gonna finish my str/arc build. FRC Rom is a cunt and summoning doesn't help either

You could settle with Gargoyle gems, its 19.3%+7.8 vs Rom's 19.5%+15

>doing 5 story chalices in a row
I like the dungeons and all, but this is a bit tedious for every character.

Is the damage difference minimal?

Very

What's effective against The Watchers? Fire, bolt, etc... Are they kin or beasts?

Neither Kin nor Beast, Pthumerians are weak to Arcane

Fuck so I can't do nothing with my Skill character to be better. The fire paper is still a good extra to use, isn't it?

>skill
Parry+riposte works wonders

Yep I do that. I meant for items to use. (I need something to spend all these echoes lol)

Empty Phantasm Shell adds slight arcane damage bonus to your weapon if you've got 15 arc to use it.

Get used to watching them like up. You could buy ritual blood 5 to stock up for spelunks I guess

They're weak to Blunt and Fire too while resistant to Bolt. Papers hardly make a difference. They're not weak to Thrust but viscerals are effective

I don't but thanks
Okey cool

What Firearm do you recommend for my (Crane) Skill build? I like the blunderbuss for the staggering.
Can I make it effective with gems?

Just stack some clawmark runes, you can kill the club wielding fatty with only two viscerals and about 20 SKL, probably less. The other fatty takes 3, and the shotgunner is easy once you take care of the melee watchers.

Anyone wants to run story Ihyll and bully some preggo pooinloo woman with me? Pass is cucks, L1.

Blunderbuss has poor scaling but if you like the stagger then keep it. Guns are mostly for utility on a skill build, so use what you enjoy.

If you didn't do much of the chalice grind yet, just redo the build

No, Loran1 is easily the fastest.
That being said, for Ritual Blood 4, the wheel one is faster than most other things.

I guess it's worse for parrying than a gun, then?
What do you think it's the best gun?

Omw. L1?

CANNON
A
N
N
O
N

Can't say, I use the reiterpallasch.

What about CHURCH CANNON?

not for memeing, for parrying
Oh

Blunderbuss and Hunter Pistol are about equal, former has spread and stagger while latter has range. Either is fine, for gems you could use a +5 regen gem or a +20 Flat Blt gem from Hintertomb

Okey thanks man.
That +20 flat Gem is the "Odd Damp Blood Gem (4)", isn't it?
Where from Hintertomb though? the "Hintertomb Chalice"?
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Circle Blood Gems
According to this I have to keep klling Bloodsucking beasts till it drops?

Are you srrc'ing, Felina?

L2 or L3?

4ftjrk3v
Layer 3 Lower Hintertomb in a sideroom chest before the boss. Bloodstarved drops 28.7%+7.3 which is around the same if you have low Blt but the +20 gem doesn't require you farming a boss. You can savescum before opening the chest in case you get +18 or +19

What's savescum?

Yeah. I didn't hear the noise over my music, how long was I AFK?

Uploading backup save to a USB/Online Storage before performing an action like killing a boss/opening a chest, if you get a bad drop then you can reroll the save for another chance without having to run though the dungeon again

Dunno, after like 3 minutes or so we started going ahead. Gonna go ahead for lever now too.

Oh cool. Thanks for the info

Whoops we got pasta.

Man, fuck the undead giant with the club. Every time I get him low he starts spamming the stupid spinning chain attack, then randomly decide to chain another attack onto the spin while I'm attacking him and 1-shot me

>being bad
you can beat him without even dodging, just walk away

Thanks for that Ihyll, guys.

>then randomly
It's not random. He can do that in phase 2, and will if he thinks it'll hit you.

Do I just need to git gud? It seems inevitable that I will fuck up one dodge over the course of the fight and get one shotted. The room is small enough that you can't always just walk away

Can someone jump in for lower hintertomb
Password bbg

While it takes longer a safer way is just to wait for him to be in recovery animation after an attack/combo, run in, hit him once, back away and repeat. You’re usually at a safe distance by the time he attacks again that you don’t even have to dodge it.

My play some BB today lads

Did you get anyone yet?

Are"players met" not refreshing for anyone else? I see people from January.

are you in offline mode?

Yes.

Oh, I guess I am. Turned off PS4 just now so I'll check tomorrow. Thanks.

Where's the +20, in the story hintertomb?

How come you cand find gems that are 32.6 blunt/thrust but the gem farming guide only mentions up to 28%? I'm trying to get a triangle thrust gem

because 32.6 thrusts are a 1 in 500 drop as opposed to 28.7 thrusts being a 1 in 6

why the hell is Queen Yharnam not weak to arcane? Spent like 10 minutes slapping her shit with tentacles before finally finishing her off with saw spear.

cause u gay

I'm joking, u not gay. I have no idea about that Queen Yharnam arcane thing though

>Controller dies mid boss fight

Pure blood pthumerians aren't affected by fire, bolt, or arcane. Since every other pthumerian is a pthumerimutt, they're weak to arcane since their genes aren't pure

Why is Isz so shit?

Because you're a brainlet.

Isz behaves as a mirror of the player.

>about to fight story Amygdala
>remember that I have a Stake Driver
>hit the head with an Oil Urn, apply Fire Paper
>first shot takes out almost half health
Where has this been in my life?

"32 pool glitch"

There are supposed to be at least 200+ unique dungeon layouts for each dungeon type (Loran, Ihyll, Isz). However, Isz seems to run into a bug where after a while, you will only be able to create 1 of the 32 common pool instead of one out of the 200 possible.