/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html
>Tekken 7 Confirmed for EVO Sunday Spot
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/2/6/tekken-7-returns-to-evo-this-year-in-the-sunday-arena.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kpk73Tt5a_Q
youtube.com/channel/UCyz5WVrb-cz3myY04x_kVYw
tekkendb.com/#/lili/0/NONE/any/0/NONE/0/any/0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Play Mishimas.

Lili and Eliza are the only good characters desu

Art Of Phoenix is so fucking bullshit holy shit

Play Gigas.

Will we ever get stages as good as tekken 6 again?

Lili is garbage desu

I want to lick Lili's feet!

At this point AoP is like Ling is literally grounded

Your life is garbage

Ok, Asuka.

>doesnt post the high rollers' club
also no

Talking about Lili, what are some good players I can watch ?

This hidden stage looks pretty dope: youtube.com/watch?v=Kpk73Tt5a_Q

This is from story mode i think
Reminds me, they still havent given us all the customizations from story

youtube.com/channel/UCyz5WVrb-cz3myY04x_kVYw

I already filtered it by Lili for you: tekkendb.com/#/lili/0/NONE/any/0/NONE/0/any/0

That's from the story mode. You play as Nina and fight Alisa IIRC. Dunno why that and the Honmaru stage aren't selectable through normal means

Thanks guys

I don't know why a lot of the good music from story mode wasn't part of the vs stages either.

I love Alisa!

good taste desu

Cute!

Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, Dragonball and NRS games have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.

the real story here is how fast the recovery is on that jack move.

>first link
>it's a liliman gets destroyed by Eddie episode
I feel a little better about myself desu

haha good one

It's more bullshit against Eddy because it just phases through his body at some angles

i wish namco would sell out and just rerelease old content onto tekken 7.

How many times are you going to copy and paste this BS? I'm tired of reading it in every few threads. If you're going to critique it, at least come up with something original each time. And 1 button combos are for lazy and/or low iq people.

>And 1 button combos are for lazy and/or low iq people.
Katarina confirmed low iq

delete paul

Seconded

>1000 wins alisa
>oh boy here we go
>have to guess low or mid in a shitty ass online environment for 50%
>1000+ fucking wins

Why? Is it fun? Should i just be a shitter and go red

What are you trying to say?

is lucky chloe good for a beginner?

I'd say yes, you can mash buttons with her and pull out wins up to at least the blue ranks if not higher.

I forgot to add that about half of the lower ranks either forget or don't know her rage art is a low so they miss the block.

I've seen Chloes in purple who couldn't backdash cancel and mashed on streams

he probably spent around 300 hours to do a low mid mixup with aliza until reaching the mid yellows. The amount of effort he has to apply compared to the amount of effort required to punish a fast low in an online environment it's not even close to equal and that's ok sure, alisa is for people like that, but what strikes me as weird is what kind of person would do that for over 1000 wins which is probably in the hundred. Yes im mad.

scrub mentality

i hate this fucking game i block, try to attack, get hit first with a ch anyways every single time even though theres no way every single move is +on block and the only way to learn from this is "just play 1000 hours so u know the frame data on every movie in the game!"

So i shouldn't give up on the online? I really want to git gud but i just don't see how, i'm getting mind fucked if i'm actually blocking shit or breaking throws, i even started doing the throw IRL to see if i'm actually hitting the right button and i know i'm at least trying to block cause my stick is on the right direction to block lows. I'm really having a hardon for a 2 weeks vacation on japan to play on a cabinet.

you might be inputting too slow. I know when I started out I wasn't taking my turns fast enough and was getting blown out by mashers when they mash even when they are slightly - on block.

go make a video about it, mainman

Now that i'm good at electrics i'm seriously thinking about maining Heihachi over normal Jin just to gorilla my way out of greens

You're already playing a gorilla.

If anything Lili would be the one wanting to lick Asuka's feet. She'll get plenty of chances if her buying Asuka's dojo stays canon.

I thought that's been confirmed since release.

In all fairness, Fergus is an exception, not the standard.

>onlypractice is on stream
Hope he plays some nina desu

nah it wasn't fergus it was someone he was playing against

a lot of red/yellow ranks can't kbd, watch how many opponents cancel with a 2 or an 8 instead of a diagonal.

>match against a jack
>he beats me a few times
>starts using the same moves that i dont know how to deal with repeatedly until i start dealing with them
>eventually get a few wins off him
thank you sensei

i need to start backdash canceling with a backwards jump too.

game sucks

u suck

Tekken would be better without memeshimas

What do you dislike about them?

>tekken 6
>good

Played Miguel for the first time in ages and I feel like I'm gliding across the stage, holy shit

can miguel wavedash?

No, but he has huge step distance.

Bob is cancer.

How so?

t. got beat by a Kazuya who did nothing but hellsweeps

>beat devil jin
>he starts flying around and shooting me with unblockable lasers that take 50% of my hp
>swoops down takes down 40% of my hp
love it
maybe fighting games wouldn't be so dead if every single character didnt have multiple moves that are completely useless except for the purpose of giving you a free win against noobs that dont know some trick to beat it

this is true tekken...

This actually happened to me a while ago. Got perfected from full health by repeated hellsweeps.

>hellsweep
>hellsweep
>uf3
>hellsweep
>uf3
>hellsweep
>uf3
>hellsweep
so this is the true power.... of kazuya mishima.......

i keep getting memed on by shit like this and snake edges because my char doesnt have any big memes

dude if you're getting memed by lasers then you're pretty bad.
His sidestep move when he uses two buttons to take away like 60 hp iirc is some total bullshit though

Don't forget to drink water!!

What's the most intense experience you've had playing online?

intensity of online experience is inversely proportional to the connection quality

you can sidestep all options and I think you can float him out of it if he is close.

>Going back and forth with a DJ after he kicked my shit in for the first few games
>Final game, final round
>Put him in rage
>I get launched
>He spends his RA
>I have a pixel left
>Spend my rage drive for a mix up
>Go low
>Hits but he has a pixel left
>We both play it safe going for mids
>It finally happens
>Cue slomo
>He goes for d4
>I go for dick jab
>Trades
>Hear the announcer say Double K.O.
>Draw
I then went to sleep because it was 2am and my heart couldn't take any more.

Alisa, no!

if he flies, sw right and launch if he comes back down. If he flies away, follow.

who has the best snake edge or other retardedly broken move that will only get punished in red ranks?

Asuka's stupid cancelable snake edge is 26 frames
26 fucking frames
it's no wonder I can barely react to it
Feng also has a 20 frame snake edge but you gotta sidestep first. it's still good though because he has a mid option out of sidestep plus can still do regular moves anyway

play alisa and spam d3 got me to orange easy

thats it.. im going to main Jack...

ive played every game under the sun in the past 15 years and nothing compares to the autism of this game in low ranks
every FUCKING game is asuka and bryan snake edging
but a move where the defender has to be 10 times better than the attacker to punish is fine its seeable guys so easy!
and u just play the same 2 people only because the whole genre is fucking dead
ya fuck off

nevermind this character sucks lmao

Red pill me on Feng, Heihachi, Lars, Drag and Shaheen.

?what about them
drag is top tier, the others are all good

dont forget the rank resetters with 10 wins in a row and claudio spamming hopkick and wr2

In order: screamer, dead, cuck, and mute. Hope that helped.

>cuckposter can't even count

Step to the side nigga devil kazuya in story mode should have been enough of a tutorial on dealing with laser spam.

who shits on low ranks the most? preferably someone that does it due to a low hitting meme

Steve Fox

who is lawful good besides king

Using Kat's one-button combos is a good way to lose.
That's just a meme. She's like Bullet from Blazblue. Easy to play on paper, but difficult to win with.

>Easy to play on paper, but difficult to win with
no she's easy to play she just has shitty frame data

hey thanks my man