fuk dag

/pol/ will win their group

>/pol/ copying the gays
What happened to ideology?

gee what a bold claim as they sit top of the group

And then lose to /lgbt/ 5-0

>win
>group

Heavy implications that /n/ tops the group and /lgbt/ comes second there.

Why is the thread so dead on the first day of the cup?

>/pol/
>Coherent

Tell me there isn't a problem with the cup when Veeky Forums's star player is only referred to as Asian Boris and wonder why new people don't buy in to the cup

Tell me you don't look at his model and think "Asian Boris"

cup is one big circlejerk didn't you know?

Who the fuck cares about your regressing a team in to a circlejerk for the host.

>expecting americans to pronounce Shinichi Mochizuki

That's way down the list of things holding back the cup.

>Boris circlejerking growing bigger and bigger
Thanks for fucking nothing /mlp/

No one was talking about boris til someone decided to start bitching about him.

why is this our fault

OBSESSED

Boris was talking about Boris.

They started with their Dark Boris ref, inspiring every retard to make Boris-themed refs at every opportunity

OBSESSED

There was a time when we could've put an end to the shift toward endless circlejerking. That time is past us. You're all living with exactly the cup you deserve because you did nothing to fix it when the time came to fix it and mocked the people who said it needed fixing.

/sp/ can realistically win winter.

>you did nothing to fix it
>we can't do shit because /merit/ ignores literally every single cup entity except their friends who parrot their opinions
There is literally nothing we could have done.

trips of truth

IT'S
FUCKING
TWO

We could have unbanned DF.

Yeah so he could rig even more cups. What a nice idea.

Exactly. /lgbt/ would be forced to choke on final day and let a big market team win instead.

This shit is so boring, what happened?

>he thinks unbanning DF would lead to rigging
It'd happen whether he is or isn't banned. It probably still is happening right now. Just look at /lgbt/. Retarded and super offensive goalfest tactics that just keep winning. Textbook Dragonfag.

Here's a free tip: If you try to be cute against Veeky Forums you'll lose

Because fuck any team that isn't /pol/ddit bootlickers winning amirite

It's almost like the call to sack Lear was reaching a fever pitch post-Cull, but /4ccg/ decided it didn't like the mouthpieces for that who showed up to say it on Discord and the movement died.

Same for when the DF stuff went down.

Same for when comfy was on the chopping block.

All this shit is connected and created the circlejerk as it exists today. The cup is built around certain personalities who make everything about themselves in both overt and subtle ways, and these things attract more personalities who want to do the same thing. And at every step of the way, people criticized each individual step toward oblivion to try and stop the coming catastrophe, but you all chose to meme and play tribe instead of giving them your support so they were easily dismissed. The blood is on your hands, /4ccg/. Enjoy another season of circlejerking and PES17. You earned it.

Commentators stopped caring. Every game is a game. It's all treated totally inconsequentially. Your excitement is directly tied to commentary.

>Every game is a game
damn...

>/pol/ is the only big market
Also it's not like anybody worth anything is winning the cup without DF rigging either

Oh fuck off, we shit posted our asses off. All decisions are taken on Discord nowadays. We literally have zero influence.

tell me about /a/'s chances
is their group tough?

This thread used to be full of team meming and shit talk before and during matches. Now it's absolutely nothing but meta talk. You guys are just making yourselves miserable. Look at . They're having fun. That's what this thread should look like minus the horses.

>/mlp/ thread more active than /4ccg/
where did it go so wrong

The first game was a good example of what not to do. You had shit commentators diagnosing the new rules meta after less than 20 minutes of play and they picked a winner. No diagnosis of the actual play, mind you, which could've been interesting. Instead it was "what what? How is this happening? Guess this is a thing." Zero insight into the match. When the game started to change and the gap closed to 3-2 with 20' left, they should've been going nuts over the potential upset. They could've talked about the narrative: the back to back cup champions and group favorite up against a fledgling team that stormed the previous babby and picked up a reputation as giant slayers along the way. That's hype shit. Instead, they just commented on how uneventful the game was, how impossible a comeback was, and talked about off topic shit (thanks Craig).

They could've treated the first match like it was the final match. All the elements were there. They chose not to. That's why commentary sucks these days. People don't understand that commentating is a job and that you're in the booth to provide a service to listeners: weaving drama into the events on screen. COLOR commentary. This isn't rocket science. Craig used to understand that but it's clear he doesn't care anymore.

>Both teams have costum anthems
Is it time?
youtube.com/watch?v=A-EgsuGOnh0

they should make it through

Yeah, fuck it. I'll just go post in that thread.

We don't have a discord full of circlejerking comfy fags.

Reminder

100% agree with everything here

Maybe if you weren't such cowards and were willing to attach your names to your arguments en masse, we wouldn't have had to rely on people like BGP and Colliebro as our spokespeople, since they were among the few willing to take that risk. You don't think that made it easy to dismiss the arguments being made?

This is a good post.

tell me about /u/'s chances
is their group tough?

/an/ are garbage, /cm/ are an autopilot, and /int/ are mediocre
bar serious >PES they'll easily make it

meido is FLAT

Maybe if people weren't banned or shitlisted for attaching their names to arguments people actually would.

>eurobeat bowl
Fucking neat

Honestly this is the most striking difference between then and now to me. Comfy I can simply not watch, circlejerking I can simply not read about, but I turn on the cup and there is almost no hype in the booth.
If I had to blame low viewer turnout on anything, it would be this. The eyecandy is better than ever, but there is no excitement.

Let's be honest here: nobody knows the game, nobody knows the rules to the game, nobody cares about the games, nobody cares about these teams.

Game one was inevitability vs. a team that can't even really be considered a scrappy underdog.

This isn't a job, this is a memegrass competition. Nobody is professional enough to make this a job and the people who did got run out by shitposting.

Why bother. Its obvious the majority of the Managers, merit like it this way. The cup hasn't had much to do with Veeky Forums or the fans in years.

That's an excuse for your own bad behavior and you know it.

Lear stopped listening to us because when we had the ball, we shat on it.

Pretty good post. I was on the second game and did pretty shit too, a lot of that applies to most of the games and myself today. One example would be that I probably should have brought up that the win was revenge for /n/ after Winter 16 to fit the narrative better rather than talk about meta shit which most fans don't care about.

Don't feel like being banned for having a different opinion than the majority or completely disregarded for being a literal nobody; if I really wanted to make a username and discuss the politics of a meme competition I'd just go to reddit and kill myself. Besides I didn't join the cup to become someone important or to hold debates on a memecup, I joined to help my team and make fans happy which can be difficult sometimes.

>/jpooo/

>have spent 90% of the current cup day doing my own thing while i leave the stream in the background with audio on
>when the commentators get excited i go back to the stream and all i feel is "well I guess that just happened"
I don't know, maybe the magic is gone. I'm just not feeling it anymore, even when teams I really like are on.

>tenko tenko arigatou

At least you're trying to improve buddy. Work on it. You weren't shitty and that's a good start.

Dude why step up to get back stabbed by one or other clique. I barely care about the cup anymore. Its not something you should put a lot off emotion into anymore.if you are smart. Just here to kill time.

>run ancient awful longball
>lose
justice has been served

>if this match was a goalfest we'd get non-stop eurobeat
>and thus PES decided to give us a slurpfest

thanks faggot

Have a (You) on me.

SAGE

Yay

On an unrelated note, does anyone know the source for /f/'s anthem against Veeky Forums? The "Western Winds" one. I can't seem to find anything about it.

>4 years later and /4ccg/ still does nothing but whine
just fucking leave if you're not entertained it's THAT simple

i can't leav i'm a manager

THE STRONGEST

Autopilot my man

I cant leave, they have my cat.

Happening?

This year for sure.

Gee, it's almost like cliques are the problem and maybe we could improve the cup by not acting like gossiping middle school mean girls and actually building bridges with people instead of wishing X person would kill themselves because we don't like their opinion on some issue. Might be more productive, ya know?

BAP

Not arguing the point man. Its just that a lot of the new people think that the cup is just a social exercise. It would change if people actually wanted it too.