/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Previous: >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
[YouTube] [DBFZ] Optimal universal solo combo route for most chars? (No assists, no SB, midscreen)

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

vjumpleakwhen

Wish this game was 6v6
Too hard to decide on my team. I like so many characters.

Tomorrow.

Playable chiatzu when

I wish there was a 1v1 mode. I think I would get better

Game would be incredibly basic without assists and health management. Some characters would be literally unplayable

christ dude

But getting good involves proper usage of assists

why do you have to kill him first

>Beerus 214S is invincible on start up
Neat!
>the ki blasts don't come out quickly enough from the invincibility ending to matter
Fuck. It's kinda fun to use it to mix up an opponent who thinks they have an opening to hit you when your block string ends though.

1v1 doesnt mean you wouldnt get assists. The naruto games have been 1v1 lately, but you pick two characters to assist you, some are actually assist only. I could imagine things like chiaotzu, saibaman, cell jrs, could all do something like that.

Then why not just have 3v3 at that point

Both 214s and 236s are useless imo. Infuriating.

How do I go beyond super zeni grind 3?

Hard mode

the way sparkles and health regen work are not my favorite parts of the game.

How do I switch to hard mode?> I beat the game but don't see the option anywhere.

>when you have literally 1 good move but somehow its still enough to make you a very usable character

new game and it will ask you pick.

>there are people who think Gotenks' theme is bad

21 better be fun. Story mode is giving me cancer.

So you're telling me I have to start all the way from the first arc when I just wanna grind some zeni in the Android arc?

yeah, it's much worse than just bad

Not him, but yes, which is why I haven't bothered and am just doing the afk local match trick for my zenny.

Cell, Vegeta, Android 18, Goku Black, Android 16 is Japanese meta. WTF

>characters from the game are being played. WTF

>afk local match trick
what is that and how much does it give?

So why did half of Goku's special attacks have to be kamehameha?

OMGWTFWOW!!!!~

Because it's the best attack

I have lost control of my life.

Out of these 20 which 8 do you want as DLC?

Was thinking of adding Dodoria, Zarbon, King Piccolo and a 4th person too or more variety but couldn't decide the 4th

It's his most iconic move even though it was originally Roshi's

Like how Solar Flare is one of Krillin's most iconic moves even though that move is Tien's

kooler kefla broly dabura jiren roshi /forsure

krillin's most iconic move is destructo disk by a mile

i beat it on hard, have all lvl 70 characters for the links and random encounter dialogues and have earned 2 million zeni trying to get some colours for black (1 unlocked so far, have all other colours). i lost control a long time ago.

anyone who wants any of these retarded alien things in is a fucking faggot

>didn't replace Cabba with super Katopesla
not even worth the time

So Roshi, Tao and Android 17 then?

yeah sure

>Super Katopesia
Found my 4th

garbage

8 Brolys.

Team lamer
Black Goku-Cell-Freeza
I hate this team.

If you play black but don't have a combo that uses all possible resources to land ball super 4 times but still not kill you don't know SHIT about video games

B-but I was told that every character is viable there are no tiers!

if you play DBFZ but don't play black you don't know SHIT about video games

it's ok to play on a keyboard? I have a ds4 and ps4 will be the standard for competitions but i perform much better on a keyboard. I'm not pro but there are some nice locals around here and i plan to go. Maybe i should just buy an hitbox but i's fucking expensive and not sure if is a worthy investment, we don't even know if the game is going to last

yes

No one has ever said that you cum gurgling faggot

Every character is viable.

if it doesn't ghost and you use the hitbox layout then yes

>B-but I was told that every character is viable there are no tiers!
these aren't mutually exclusive statements

Build your own hitbox.

Any of you FAGs, fine ass gentlemen, wanna get some ring matches going?
US West Coast 1
Meeting Lobby 3
Red Square Mr Satan Avatar named MrBadman

God I fucking hate trunks so fucking much. Fuck that sword bullshit, it has so much fucking range and is so fucking safe.

Its not and doesnt. You just suck.

Fixed and to think I nearly added Pan instead of Katopesia

find a flaw

If you disagree with this, you're probably right, I just made it as a proof of concept and I need feedback.

Kid Goku
Roshi
Yajirobe
Vegito

Dabura
Tao
Zarbon
Daimao

kid buu point too
frieza anchor

I'm actually kind of surprised by how little range he has compared to others. I was expecting Ky Kiske and all I got was Goku with 10% more reach.

being dead

Is Kid Buu just good in every position?

It seems like you can't have a character that is a good Point and a good Anchor, but a mediocre Mid? Am I wrong?

cell/kid buu/frieza yes or no?

Vegeta is an anchor in pretty much any top player's team. A lot of matches end up with Vegeta vs Vegeta.
He's not impressive as a character at all but with sparkling he can actually do things.

goku blue as anchor but not point, and ssj goku as point but not anchor are very wrong

>Frie-"lemme just pop sparking and golden dildo and 3v1 your entire team fuckboy"-za
>Mid

Are you retarded?

tien is not an anchor and only trash with no idea how the game works play him there.

>He's not impressive as a character at all
qcfL and H are great tools to get in, one of the few characters with a frame 1 invincible move that doesn't take meter, kispam is pretty good backed by an assist that stops superdash, he has one of the most DHC friendly supers in the game, and he's one of a few characters who has an effective way to attack right below him from high up in the air with his dive kick so he's not free to people trying to superdash straight up his ass

he's pretty good

His 2H is lackluster and lacks range overall in neutral, though.

he's good as an anchor for reasons besides just meme tribeam kills

strong assist, his other level 3 does shitloads of damage in sparking 3 because of how it interacts with damage scaling, he gets way scarier with meter/sparking buffs

not only does he have a literal DP but his qcbL has the same anti air properties that 2H does

Is this the best feel in the game though?
Going toe to toe with another player, giving him the false sensation of victory then Frieza comes in with 6 bars+sparkling and destroys the leftover characters with no remorse whatsoever.

Kid buu is far more mediocre at anchor. It's kinda hard being an unga death machine if I don't have assists to lock people down.

Strong assist, good ways to convert and get in without assists, has a level 3 with fantastic minimum damage, can turn meter and health into ridiculous damage, has at least one solo sparking ToD combo.

Not an anchor?

No the best feeling would be killing someone with Sorbet

Beerus is an amazing point character

F U R I S H A S A M A

how 2 get in as anchor kbuu: the flowchart

the enemy is anywhere -> throw out candy beam/kamehame

did it hit? vanish and gj you got in, stop reading now
did it whiff? either throw it out again or if they're getting close just superdash and get in that way

the end

Kid Buu is okay in every position but he is very clearly best as a point
it's not a contest really

Too bad Kid Buu is hot garbage

t. Saibaman

He's ok. He's perfectly mediocre

saying a character with a fullscreen low and a aerial horizontal beam (literally one of two characters that has this) has trouble getting in by himself when this game has + on block vanish is the real low IQ opinion my man.

he's a relatively high tier character top 10 at least
If you don't think so you're just bad basically

But thats half the roster for ya

before you get on my nuts about it "two characters" was a typo, it's actually 3 (goku, gotenks, kbuu)

>SSJ Goku
he fits everywhere
>SSJ Vegeta not anchor
even if I play Vegeta as a mid, he is mostly used as an anchor
>Freeza
I would say he fits everywhere?
>Goku blue
I usually see point bluku
>Tenshinhan
also a flexible character, who fits anywhere

So it's balanced then

Frieza on point is a waste, though, you want to build meter for him to unlock Goldilocks.

>if you dont think so you're just bad
I cant remember the last time I lost to a Kid Buu but k. The only people who think Kid Buu is a good character are Freeza rank or lower.

>I usually see point bluku

yeah and its stupid

Goku Blue is actually one of the best anchors in the game

Problem is that he's fucking sunk if they dodge or block that. His blockstrings aren't that long and he's recoveries are bad. Blindly throwing beams to get random hits in doesn't work for him at all. You have to outtrade your opponent, hitting slightly faster or farther than opponent's own offense as kid buu and you really don't want to trade as an anchor

what's a good team with frieza and other aliens/villains (no filthy sayajins)?

But nobody said this.
Your fullscreen low argument just confirms your Saibaman status.