/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging. Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

his day in history, 16th of February:
116 – Emperor Trajan sends laureatae to the Roman Senate at Rome on account of his victories and being conqueror of Parthia.
1798 – The Roman Republic is proclaimed after Louis-Alexandre Berthier, a general of Napoleon, had invaded the city of Rome five days earlier.
1862 – American Civil War: General Ulysses S. Grant captures Fort Donelson, Tennessee.
1959 – Fidel Castro becomes Premier of Cuba after dictator Fulgencio Batista was overthrown on January 1.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
EU4 DD 13/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1069383

CK2 DD 29/01
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1067226

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2 - 12/10/2017
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.2 - 14/12/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Music Mod
pastebin.com/UxQnvV3Y

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/darkest-hour-patch-1-05-1-hot-fix-release.1069718/
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for my fellow darkest hour niBBas
in case you missed it
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/darkest-hour-patch-1-05-1-hot-fix-release.1069718/

Different teams.

uUUUUGH

>[V2] - Niggermod
pastebin.com/Xgjd5LvG

Großgermaniums

What is the white thing to do?

When will HPM come back to us?

refuse

Should I not recognise them, and help them beat up the Argies and monkeys?

recognize them and ally them. don't declare a stupid war for a useless underpopulated county just because "muh river border"

>What is the white thing to do?
Kill yourself because you realize you're a nigger

You can DOW them for that river border

almost there buds, once the mines finish I'll probably go above 1.0

Fucking game keeps crashing when I refuse their independence. I had this before playing Argentina once.

The bulge in the south has been encircled in a massive panzer pincer movement, a battle that will be reviewed in history books to come no doubt. The scale of encircled troops is unknown, but intelligence shows multiple armoured divisions and hordes of conscripts and regular infantry.

CAGs shred through your ships ORG even if they get BTFO, carriers are OP as fuck. It looks like you put in way too many ships into that battle though, your positioning took a hit. Also why is your main fleet commander in that battle some cuck no portrait? Did he become high skill over the years or what. The AI gets loads of bonuses etc, so don't expect your shit to do that when you use your carriers. They AI was dumb too since it put a CA in that fleet, that means that it closes the distance to shoot at ships therefore bringing all the other ships within firing distance in that fleet. If the carrier was all CLs like it should be the carriers would simply be screened by the CLs and outrun all your shit BTFOing you out even more.

post historical figures

Pest is burning.

*posts hitler looking dismissively*

A great queen lies dead. She began her slumber far from home, in the sun-baked mountains and plains of Iberia, never to wake until Gjallarhorn sounds at the end of days and calls the einherjar to battle once more. A lone ship pulls into harbour at Rygjafylki and her body is laid in preparation for her funeral. To keep her from decay on the voyage home, her organs were pulled from her and cremated in Algeciras and her body stuffed with sawdust, the cut on her belly sewn closed with great care. Once returned home, her nails are clipped, her grey hair is combed and she is perfumed with rare oils taken in her many raids, while her grave is dug.

She is born by her warriors to her ship, laid to rest with the honour that befits a Viking queen. Her shield is broken and splintered by the axe, her sword bent against a stone and they are laid beside her. Her body lies now unmasked and unashamed of her scars, dressed in mail and a fine dress, with a helm beside her and her sword upon her chest, clasped in her hand. Upon the ship is laid a store of treasure in gold and silver, with a feast for her voyage besides. Two strong horses are slain and laid in the ship, along with eight young thralls to serve her.

Queen Elin, called 'The Hideous' by her enemies, is dead. In her place, her half-brother, King Barid takes the throne of Vestlandet.

got ya bud

This based horse archer is conquering super hot anatolian provinces and you're basically greek.

Wrong picture for that post, with the failure of the Italians in Africa a corps of troops has been dispatched to Africa to stabilize things. The Afrika corps is officially established, the commanding officer is Rommel.

May the Valkyries welcome you and lead you to Odin's great table. May they sing your name with love and fury so we may hear it rise from the roof of Valhalla and know that you've taken your rightful place, at the table of kings. For a great woman has fallen. A warrior, A Chieftain, A Mother, A Queen.

This is fucking ridiculous. I wasn't expecting my first fleet to work wonders because it was a surface action one but as I said, I had overwhelming air superiority with two airwings of four modern interceptors locally based working under RADAR and I also had naval bombers hitting the fleet and despite all of that their CAGs were monsters. I brought in a proper carrier group of my own but these fucks refuse to sink. This is the ninth consecutive battle in a week and still two CVs remain.

What is the general "country order" for HoI4 MP? Like, if you have six countries, you probably pick Germany/UK/Italy/USSR/France/Japan? And US as the seventh and so on?

From what I have gathered, a pretty balanced order is
Germany
UK
Italy
USSR
France
Japan
USA
Romania or Hungary
Raj or Canada
Romania or Hungary
Raj or Canada
Axis Spain
Cominterm Turkey
Australia
New Zealand
Axis Sweden

what gives?

Finally those fucks go down.

>No similiar images found
You just drew that? Quality autism lad.

>she died a natural death
Hahahahahahaahaaahaahah
"""""""""viking queen"""""""""

>/pol/
ah yes.

Please put more efforts in your tabs, lad.

/sg/ has nothing to do with 99% of poltards desu

The front while into the spring/summer offensive, the Germans have made impressive gains and show no sign of stopping. The gap between Moscow and Soviet lines has deepened greatly. Over 20 divisions from other sectors are being redeployed near Rostov for another thrust into the south. AG North is now strictly defensive, with the bare minimum troops needed to do so.

You should never really engage your carriers into a battle itself, have them sit outside the province with CAGs and a real surface fleet fighting the battle. If you bring your carriers into battle along side a your surface fleet they will get BTFO because they close within firing distance of the enemy ships. The best thing to do with running those carriers down is get a fleet of fast ships like BCs/CAs/CLs or even just a CA/CL fleet and they would catch up to those carriers and blow them out. Your surface fleet in that area prob got BTFO by them and were in a port though.

Did the norse get nerfed in ck2?
Before they used to conquer a good part of britain and establish the kingdom of jorvik but now it never happens.

you shouldn't play vanilla

Ah, yes.
t. alt-reichtard

Is this white?

rate the revolutionary republican british roman empire

Yugoslavia user?

I'm playing ck2+ though.

The southern pocket is completely closed, over 260,000 men remain inside of it. Multiple armoured divisions are inside and even a couple guards divisions were swallowed up. These troops destruction will make the way to Stalingrad and Kuybyshev much easier.

I just passed Argentina in population.

They seem fine in HIP. Most of the time they conquer and form Northumbria (sometimes even England) then convert to catholicism.

the autism in this thread is similar to low level warfare

>ss-Stab Regiment
Pls tell me that's just 220 guys with swords rushing Russian infantry.

How about this for a meme?
Yeah, I finished up that game and wanted to do something new.
el filterANO senores...

Holy shit. In one strike.

Reminder that Huey Long did nothing wrong

Hmmh. So this is where my father and sister told their stories. Well if anyone is going to hear, it may as well be you all. I am Barid, son of Halsten, King of Vestlandet. I am no great warrior, but my strength lies with my mind. I know the hearts of men and the wisdom of both our ancestors and those of far-off lands. My reign will not be long, nor is it likely to be as glorious as my half-sister and my father before me, but still I mean to do right by my people and leave them better than when I took the throne.

I face challenges already. My warriors are deserting, lacking the confidence in me that they held in my sister; my council is discontent and doubtless plotting to their own ends; Chief Bersi of Sjaelland wages war on King Kettilmund of Noregr, husband of my niece, in an attempt to further his own power and he is winning; Poland remains a threat, holding vast swathes of Scandinavian land; and my sons threaten to split the realm apart upon my death. I know when the situation seems bleak. My sister may have held the realm together through sheer force of will, but I lack her courage and drive. I ask you all, what advice can you offer me?

Actually it was a friend I know. He does good shit. I'm plenty autistic enough to have done that, but not nearly talented enough.
Actually it's a common misconception that only those that died in battle entered Valhalla or Folkvangr. Any warrior could, but according to many of transcriptions of the legends, any the gods found worthy could enter Valhalla; it's just that bravery when facing death in battle was the easiest way in. Most viking rulers died of disease or old age.

>/sg/
>t. alt-reichtard
This one was really bad.

>49
>3 duchies
>3 sons
Get a kingdom title asap

The advance continues after the closure of the latest southern encirclement. The Soviets are reeling from the latest assaults and the Germans continuously press forward as the days on the calendar go by towards winter.

Yeah CAGs are pretty insane, sub warfare is suffering as the AI will deploy destroyers/TPs to hunt them down. That and if your subs run into a carrier fleet/AI doomstack the CAGs will instantly spot them and they get BTFO hard. Subs are really good for fucking up small fleets though, CAs/CLs are really vulnerable to them even BBs.

>sympathy for christians
disgusting

Usually in these situations I force my kids to take the vows or olay historical and just let the realm fracutre. But since you are neither a christian nor want to RP in that way I would suggest shipping one of your sons to provinces in which disease is present, or just going full meme and killing him with the satanist powers.
Imprisonment plus execution should be your last resort, but if you use the intrigue focus and catch him doing some shady shit, or just walking near an unsafe ledge...

>June 13th
TICK
TOCK

Ok lads, I want to ask a question. How do you all decide which vassals to give land to in CK2? How do you prevent them from becoming too powerful and have negative opinion?

All land goes to my relatives if possible. I play the non-autism way of playing the dynasty rather than the blobbing character. If I don't have a relative to give land to, or he's a bumbling inbred retard, then somebody with content who likes me.

>giving land to vassals
Land lowborn courtiers so that each only has 1 province at most.

Follow the de jure map

Thoughts?

who's there?

Here's my priority list for landing people :
1st my children
2 my siblings
3 my friends/lover/other dynasts
4 friends of my kids
5 great commanders or councillors
6 a random fucktard with content

Did you switch spots with Brazil? So is the little yellow dicklet in the bottom called Brazil now? Good trade desu, you got a lot more land than they did.

the soviets have to be in trouble now, r-right

Yeah I'm pretty burned out now from having to deal with so many of these crazy CAGs. The UK showed up with two fleets and between them and the Americans my fleets are getting rekt wherever they are. I think I need to reevaluate my naval strategy here.

W&B You should attempt to puppet a good chunk of South America so they pay tribute.
Watch your treasury and tell us how much Brazil pays you

It is a shame that HOI AI is so bad, and it seens to have gotten worse with HOI4.

Pardon me for this noob question, but if the relatives gets land, don't they get pissed later for being title claimants after the liege's death?
what's that?
What is the advantage to that?

Niggermod disables that retarded treasury shit, because it makes all your vassals bankrupt. You can re-enable it, but I don't bother.

is it possible to trade counties with vassals? I have a county (which is capital of a de jure duchy) I want to give to a faggot vassal, but don't want him to get too powerful by having two counties.

>don't they get pissed later for being title claimants after the liege's death?
You realize a campaign can be close to 700 years long right

>Makes you vassal bankrupt
Fucking how? I've played several games where as the US I puppet the New World, and not only do they all pay and not go bankrupt (I believe they get a 10% to tax efficiency to help make the payments) but half the time Brazil, Mexico and Columbia become GPs since they have a fuckton of cash to build capital ships that prop them up to 8th place

>what's that?
Invite nobles to your court via decisions, they won't have any family and no possible claim, give them a duchy making sure to follow the de jure ducy map by pressing this button

>because it makes all your vassals bankrupt
Yeah, it's not like you choose to let them not pay.

A large scale offensive is launched near Moscow towards the cities of Jaroslav and Ivanovo.

I have no doubts about the capabilities of the Wehrmacht and her allies in east.

Any day now the peace treaty will come into our embassy.

Engaging carriers is pretty risky business, the best strategy is to throw INTs and NAVs all over them for a couple days get their org down. Make their cags a lot less effective and then bring in your fleet for the engagement. Always be scouting the waters with NAVs and make sure you are building fly boats as they have insane surface detection. You can see what fleets in the water and if it is a small one or one you can take on. Blow it up with NAVs and then go in. Keep nav striking during the battle so their org gets fucked up.

Should new players actually use CK2+/HIP and just drop vanilla entirely, or is that just a meme?

>What is the advantage to that?
What do you mean what is the advantage, it's common sense. You don't want strong vassals or they'll decide that they should be king, so why would you feed land into someone? If you split it up between courtiers you're guaranteed to have your land split between many individuals and many dynasties. They'll be divided and weak in the beginning and it will take longer for them to accumulate the power they need to take you out. Basically just do this with random courtiers whose dynasties have no other titles.

Yes and they will hate you for that. I usually just land random fucks following the de jure map, avoiding the ambitious and greedy ones.

>*attacks into defensive line until completely out of manpower*

This was with Darkest Hour mod but I have done nearly as well in vanilla

interesting

Play the family, not the character. It's fine to lose a title to your brother, end score is based on the dynasty.

CK2+ I'd recommend right off the bat. HiP is a meme in it's entirety, and is only for people with terminal autism who want 'historical accuracy' in their sex and blobbing game.

Another encirclement happens during the massive offensive towards the newly christened Soviet capital of Kyubyshev. AG South has made a massive breakthrough near Rostov and has got a bridgehead over the rivers and has path towards the Caucuses now.

If by new you mean "literally don't know how to play" then vanilla is easier to learn, but even then there's no reason not to learn HIP alongside it instead of being confused after switching.

What's their surrender progress?

Play some games of vanilla to learn the basics then switch to mods, vanilla is full of memes and """believable worlds"""

did you just spam forts?

I can never get over how hideous HoI4's UI and over all artstyle is.

Send a son over to marry the eldest daughter

what are the actual differences between CK2+ and HIP at this point? I understand at some point in the past they had clearly divergent philosophies to modding, but haven't they borrowed a lot from each other?

is the red army even trying to attack anywhere?

CK2+ has a worse map, that's basically it.

HiP is an inferior mod with a better map.

CK2+ is closer to vanilla, less restrictions on expanding
Playing a vassal in CK2+ is horrible though, you cant do shit

>that resolution
Anyway, yeah. I have seen crazy shit like the AI losing two million guys for 40-50 thousand kills in vanilla, and the weird part is that it wouldn't be actually very hard to fix. Just make so the AI doesn't attack with units with less than 80% or equipment and only start non-spoiling attacks(are those even in-game anymore?) with when it start with less than 60 progression.

CK2+ is an inferior mod with a worse map.