Old thred:
>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/CTJ0hpLe

>News
New gigantic DDA mod release that lets you win DDA!
github.com/tyrael93/Ascension/releases
This post explains some shit I guess
discourse.cataclysmdda.org/t/ascension-mod-or-winning-dda-the-mod/14799

IVAN 0.51 released
github.com/Attnam/ivan/releases/tag/v051

Sil-q updated
github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/releases

ADOM r88 released for free, includes new secret boss and dinosaurs, get it here:
adom.de/home/downloads.html

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:
roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T6qCudIpbzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dangleteep

>dying 14 posts before bumplimit

lol sorry guys I took a nap and accidently let the thread die and didn't make a new one XD

>tfw I was playing a roguelike instead of posting about how they're dead
>this killed the general

7 hundred thirty five posts, 1 dead general and yet no one talks about it in the thread

I'd post here more if you guys weren't such insufferable faggots

frig off we’re full

Shame on you for playing games and having fun.
I sentence you to post twice every day at twelve hour intervals for at least one month straight.

You will only be freed early if you collect the Amulet of Yendor from a fresh game.

Shit that’s all it takes?

Getting cocky, eh?
Make that ten times in a row.

After waiting for twenty fucking years, now I can see her new swimsuit, I'm so fucking happy right now.

W-we almost made it to 750 this time!
Pat yourselves on the back.

>fur

sorry goys I killed this here general with my something something powers lol haha personally responsible here posting to take responsibility for this ok desu ohayo goyzaimas lets all bu-bu-bu-booboobees do our minmax today ok wow my fault sorry haha ok play roguelikes OR I KILL YOU ALL ok haha KNIFE ok sorry sorry

no

ur post made me realize that the name minmay is like minmax, but just a bit too far. how poetic

>download the demo version
>find out it's not a roguelike

That's disappointing.

SPLAT

>Dungeon Dreams
Boy that sure is a downgrade. The artist really needs to work on his anime faces too and bodies too.

DEAD

I'd be playing and posting splats, but I'm still working on this. Player can now walk around, use regular up/downstairs, use portals to other branches, and use portals in other branches to even other branches. The next several things on the list are:
>timing system
>display,message log
>monsters and basic monster AI
>player/monster interaction
>player/item interaction
Not sure what after that, maybe a pantheon of gods, or a crafting system. One feature that for some reason I am having fun thinking about is teleportation to anywhere in the dungeon, cross-level and cross-branch.

just go ham and make it a cross dimension with time travel and shit, that would be fun

what do you think about a portal that leads to a shadow-version of the current branch? Like, have you played Metroid Prime: Echoes? I was thinking about that sort of thing, a branch that is very similar to the current branch, but with some sort of spooky differences

that is also a fun idea, maybe the next "feature" after the ones you planned should be some sort of story or the goal of the game and why the world is like that

The goal of the game will probably just be true to the genre, just to go grab some magical artefact at the bottom of the dungeon. I'm not too worried about story/theme, since I think most of that can get re-skinned with descriptions pretty easily.

again with the different dimension theme, what about different genres all together with that as an explanation. Like traveling through fantasy worlds and then going on distant planets fighting aliens and shit

expanding on that concept, the artifact is dimension traveling "thing" that ends up being some sort of god that you have to kill and absorb the essence.
Alright maybe I'm going a little too far

Well that's something. Like when you enter a new realm, you have like some number of floors that are constant and back-trackable until you take the next dimensional portal? And when the BBG gets low health, he tries to flee through a portal? Then you would pick up items/spells of destruction/neutrino guns/rings of preservation/bionic implants as you travelled. It sounds like it would take some balancing to make a game like that not miserably long, but I could see it.

well the ideas are there, now good luck doing it all

thanks, I'll need it

I know rlg might be slower than usual because it is a friday night, but why is the rest of vg still going so fast

>let the thread die 20 posts from bump limit
You fucking BIMBOS

I was too busy playing to realize it was time to shitpost

cold ham and hot cocoa for dinner tonight

ham was only 50 cents/lb

>be Pepe the Frogger hippity hoppin around the dungeon
>Minotaur poisons me with javelins
>fail to summon help 5 times in a row
>hop away with less than half my HP left and poisoned
>zap Minotaur with wand of random
>Minotaur turns invisible
>finally manage to summon but it's a ogre and ogre v invis Minotaur = quick splat
>somehow burning Minotaur alive doesn't kill it
Wew lad, that was close.

Hot diggity damn. Give me your trade secrets.

Reminds me of post-Christmas snacks consisting of hot cocoa and toast, ham and cranberry sauce sandwiches.

it was a big 10 lb frozen ham, and it was expiring that day, so I got lucky

damn, I need to get some cranberry sauce

youtu.be/T6qCudIpbzU

XOM WHY DIDNT YOU SAVE ME

he saved you from your life

I got my first hemorrhoid today, thanks to playing all these roguelikes isntead of finding a job

Remember time when you dropped your chaos weapon and didn't go down escape hatch?

you fucker, deleting your post with your youtube video of your anxious little voice playing demon

you should try to make your voice more assertive if you're going to make videos, not saying that just to be mean, I know my voice isn't something that people would want to listen to

I remember when Xom swapped my +9 vamp gmace with one of the V:$ guards' swords then teleported me away. As MuCK.

why is Beogh objectively the best god

>no other god will let you scour the dungeon with your party of Ork Boyz

>**** Dungeon_Map
that's a lot of pointers

4 dimensional array of pointers, branch, floor, x, and y. It lets me be very procedural in dungeon generation without having too large of a chunk of contiguous memory, at least I think, I'm sorta learning C++ at the same time I'm using it

Because the devs are cum huffing faggots and ruined my spooky fun with Keikublabla.
IT WAS FUN YOU FUCKS
FUCK YOUR """""""BALANCE""""""""

i'm stuck after the second boss because i die to greater wisps help onegai

not a roguelike
but also never not be moving and never not be jumping because moving is the way to avoid 95% of attacks in that game
the characters who have to stand still to do damage are all garbage tier

>Not rollin' w/ Huhetotl so the instrument of your salvation also created your nemesis.

I bet you've never even seen a bullwhip.

should I buy ToME and it's expansions for myself
or should i buy Qud for Qud beggar?

play t*me for free and save your money

It died right before my eyes, /rlg/.
I entered the still-living thread, prepared to bump it, but while I've been solving captcha it died.

bumping for response form Qud user before i go to bed

Why do people buy ADOM on steam when it's released free on the site? Are people just so lazy they'd rather pay a tenner to get updates without having to check for them, or is there something in teh steam version that's not in the free version? inb4cheevos&cards

Just read the FAQ, the only quality of life imporvement that even seems vaguely worth it is the points based chargen, but it's a bit of a ripoff for such a small thing. Some people like having ghosts but NOT I

Anyone have a good way to cheat in slay the spire?

Not a roguelike, gtfo

>not rogue like
IS more rogue like than a ton of shit

Is league of legends a rogue like online?

>dying before 7 fiddy

Cheibriados

Do you have any idea how much it takes to make a decent deathmobile
I'm pretty sure I'm a couple seasons in just building this thing

is

It is now the second year of the third season. I have literally not walked into a city for the last year and a half and even then I just grabbed a pot before running away from a zombie hulk full of cocaine just to outrun him.
Now the real fun begins!

Meanwhile, I'm riding this. Swapped the wimpy V-twin engine for a 2.5L inline-4 from a regular car, installed a proper gas tank and better batteries, and swapped the bike wheels for armored 24-inch wheels to improve offroad capability. 3 mechanics skill, maybe a few ingame days to gather and install all the parts.
You don't need to mow down the trees if you can go around them.

>Finish car
>go into lab
>go downstairs
>you hear crash! CRASH!
>a triffid queen literally turned every single tile into trees and the shoddy code can't handle stairs and trees on the same tile, so it just deleted the stairs
>I am now absolutely famished, thirsty, sleepy and can't reach my 2 year item stash while surrounded by endgame mobs
GG
not really, I'm gonna debug the stairs back but holy shit that's annoying. I didn't want to resort to this kind of cheap trickery.

Any good roguelikes on sale on Steam?

THANKFULLY I JUST BUILT A TREEFUCKER CAR TO DEAL WITH THESE

This wouldn't have happened if stairs had been labeled as unbashable furniture instead of terrain, but triffid queens are whales-era relics and this is a bug so rare and so minor it's never going to be addressed.
Still, fuck trees. I know what I'm gonna target next. Gonna make those root walls burn.

>ambushed by a strong enemy next to stairs
>defeated in fair roguelike manner
>resort to cheating

>NPC code so sloppy it goes into a loop when I try to drive my car and he can't find a seat
>install a third seat
>he just circles through them and never sits so I can never drive

I'm afraid I'm going to have to put little Timmy down.

Yeah, no. this isn't working.
Bye.

>run over zombie
>blobs spawn inside car
okay.

Ahem...evening, gentlemen.

>Jabberwock near river
>get paralyzed again at 150 km/h
>go through railing
>Your slime princess sank.
>literally deleted the car because shitty code
>can't tow it it just disappeared

Okay.

7 cdda screens and 2 anons, yet some people still think people will talk about it in this thread.

At least you didnt scum. Right?

One shilled mod released 1 month ago, yet its still in the pasta as news.

Who sucked who for that?

user I'm a tryhard playing the tryhard mode I made with tryhard modifications because I'm such a tryhard
I'd sooner cut my balls off than savescum or cheat
too bad DDA is a polished turd I'm mad I spent a year and a half on that fucking car

>mad
>at words in a post

reread the post

There is no point in not cheating, the game is in everlasting development and probably will stay like that for a very long long time.

Just cheat, experiment untill the game gets an official goal. Or start playing a full game.

>Or start playing a full game.
Wrong genre for that
unless you only like *bands, *hacks and DCSS

cdda is a genre on its own, how do you call a bugged piece of unfinished shit?

>how do you call a bugged piece of unfinished shit?
A roguelike.

but user
stairs are terrain
terrain
triffid queen goes to all that work
to nurture her beautiful trees
tears out all obstacles so they will grow big and strong
and you
you
with your white male CHEATING HACKER privilege
destroys it all in an instant
how is this respect for the dignity of the other
how is this social justice
it is not
it is not roguelikes
it is not roleplay
it is not games
it is all a lie
don't even want to live here any more
you are all dead to me
cutting myself right now

>driving at 150km/h over a river
>steer your car off the bridge
>blame the game
This happened because of your own actions.

untrue, then again...

Fuck you, sweet and sour sauce is the best!

'you all'
literally 1 guy constantly cheats and edits the game to make it easier because hes bad.

source on that pic of the OP?

Cheibriados is what?