/hg/ - Halo General

#406 - Quality over Quantity Edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise. New arrivals check out the spreadsheet for updates on community events and to familiarize with active /hg/ members.

>/hg/ community spreadsheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/180BTI18TtggxC9yGxZE5-_QPiSK_fFAGLOx5awbTySY/edit?usp=sharing

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/communique-collection

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/180BTI18TtggxC9yGxZE5-_QPiSK_fFAGLOx5awbTySY/edit?usp=sharing
mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip
h2pcmt.com/Cartographer/Installer/
mediafire.com/file/7v0fulcl0ll9lk9/ElDewrito_0.5.1.1_Release.zip
github.com/Clef-0/FMM2/releases/download/v2.00/FMM.exe
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-5-forge-bundle/9nblggh4v0fr
imgur.com/a/OOF1r
imgur.com/a/6FqzO
imgur.com/a/Pb9Vq
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ckt0ZDdWaG1WSkk
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42Sk9iamNQaW81V3c
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42aUIwbUZxWHJ0V1E
youtu.be/u6YdPRyW0DA
youtu.be/qfilAcimqcY
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>/hg/ Spreadsheet, Updates, Events, and More

>Halo on PC:

>SPV3 w/ crack:
mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip

>Halo 2 Project Cartographer w/ crack:
h2pcmt.com/Cartographer/Installer/

>ElDewrito 0.5.1.1 (INSTALL NOW, UPDATE TO 0.6 LATER):
>Base game: mediafire.com/file/7v0fulcl0ll9lk9/ElDewrito_0.5.1.1_Release.zip
>Foundation Mod Manager:
github.com/Clef-0/FMM2/releases/download/v2.00/FMM.exe

>Halo 5: Forge (WINDOWS 10 ONLY):
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-5-forge-bundle/9nblggh4v0fr

>AVAILABLE ON STEAM (and Windows Store):
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo Wars 2
Halo: Spartan Assault
Halo: Spartan Strike

>IN DEVELOPMENT
ElDewrito version 0.6 will release THIS MONTH, will feature a forge mode better than Halo 5, will eliminate many bugs, and will release with Halo 3 assets stock. Already has Team Slayer and Action Sack servers.
Project Contingency is a fan-made Halo game being made in Unreal Engine 4. Coming soon.
Installation 01 is a fan-made Halo game being made in Unity and shows a lot of promise. Coming Soon.

Art Books:
>Art of Halo 3
imgur.com/a/OOF1r

>Art of Halo 5
imgur.com/a/6FqzO

>Art of Halo
imgur.com/a/Pb9Vq

>Art Compilation from CE to 4
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ckt0ZDdWaG1WSkk

Lore:
>Warfleet
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42Sk9iamNQaW81V3c

>Halo Books
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42aUIwbUZxWHJ0V1E

Are the moa the true inheritors?

are there more codes?

Not for you.

Think we'll get a teaser for Halo 6 at E3?

Can we please boot
>Crusading Dude
>Dobatch O’Sully
>LJ999
>Flippant Sol
from the company?

Not a bad list, but half of those aren't in the company.

Why the fuck are you guys so against me? All because of some stupid comments on the discord where I MAYBE exaggerated a little. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of /hg/'s crap when I've factually done nothing wrong.

Which one of this list are you? The one that's a living shitpost, the one that is made of cheese, the one that cannot handle other humans not loving them at all times, or the one that can't handle even slight criticism?

Fuck you. I don't have to answer to your thinly-veiled "post gt fag" response.

Keep it clean

I'll just go with IJ then.

Then you're wrong. I'm NOT IJ.

Ok. Well I'll keep having legit reasons to dislike all those people on that list.
I guess that question "Why the fuck are you guys so against me?" was rhetorical.

Fuck you.

Dobatch is genuinely a fun guy in parties. Crusading as well. The Dramaposter (hopefully) isn't in parties.

Halo.gg opticdynasty

thanks i was on my phone and missed it.

Just doing my part for /hg/

Thanks user

Based.

Same gg poster hope the rest of you guys got something not shit like me
Will be back on for halo later

I will sit here and wait for Halo.

Will be bout an hour user go play vidya dont just sit there

Nah, I'll just sit here.

SWAT

GT?

What were the codes for?

codes for req packs redeemed at halo.gg

Platinum packs. You missed out nigga

at risk of lookiing like an asshole, let me make sure I can find my H5 disc...

I sat around for 20 minutes and nothing happened. So I'm putting Halo 5 in instead.

?

Halo 5 is about to be played.

okay.
Is there a particular host or multiple people?

I will host.

I want tobolay tonight but I'm packing. You guys have fun. Play some shotty snipes

GT?

>Halo 5

No thanks, I don't enjoy shit video games such as that one

based drood

Did you even look?

sounds gud

>Everyone always starts playing when I'm getting cozy in bed watching some TV before zzzs
I hate timezones

join the republic

Veeky Forums images are pretty laggy for me, can’t load it, what’s your GT?

It's ok. Despite people asking for GT,
nobody has joined.

Chaosdroid 2

I'm sorry friend. It's a terrible night for me. I really want to play.

I appreciate you hosting and unfortunately can't hosting
You're still a based user, usually

>I appreciate you hosting and unfortunately can't hosting

shot, I meant play. PLAY!

I pray to lord and savior Jesus Christ every night that Halo 6 is nothing like the shit games Halo 4 and Halo 5

Jesus died in vain user. Halo 5 is proof of that

2/X for Halo 5.

Meant for

>Halo 5 is bad
AngryJoe is that you? If i was that bad at videogames id probably just kill myself

>join game
>immediately starts quick play matchmaking
>I just get crushed because this game has sweaties and I can't enjoy competitive halo for the life of me
>game ends 50-49
>immediately starts up snipers playlist

>home
>halo 5
>exit
>exit
>exit

I'll try to get on within the hour

Halo 5 is CoD. The campaign is shit. I have no interest in playing a halo game with features like sprint, boost, etc.

It's a shame, because the weapons are balanced and the forge/customs are good. They're just trapped in CoD

>Halo 5 is CoD
0/10, that bait is stale as fuck

>says I'm bad at video games
>in defense of halo 5

Prove that you arent, lets see those Halo 2/3 stats. I couldnt care less about a shitters opinion on Halo.

>competitive halo
That's not even ranked.

(You)

Fine, call it whatever you want, but it plays almost nothing like Halo and plays a lot more like CoD than old Halo games

>but it plays almost nothing like Halo
>plays a lot more like CoD than old Halo games
Still going at it? Already told you that bait was stale, you're not going to get an honest response acting like you're missing a majority of your brain.

>insert crying_wojak.jpg
/v/ is making fun of us again!!

I'm not the one defending halo 5 user

You're the one crying about it while being dogshit at any Halo, never thought that maybe you're just too stupid to keep up?

why must 343 industries exist?

One person left because he realized he doesn't like Halo's core gameplay, but someone else joined so we have 2/X again!

To punish Bungie for dealing with Activision, Halo doing fine while Destiny is constantly shitting on fans and even non-fans.

Tell me what's good about halo 5 then

>Halo doing fine
lol

It plays like Halo but its faster, but thats besides the point.

I called you out, post your Halo 2/3 stats faggot. Tell us whats wrong with Halo 5 and prove that you arent some warrant officer never had a 50 0.3KD shitter in any of the games you think are far superior than Halo 5.

It's not bait. It's a fucking fact. Old halo didn't have sprint or boost or any shit like that. Halo 5 does. Get over it

how to lose your old player base in just one easy step:

>It plays like Halo but its faster

then maybe butcher the art style and writing just for some extra luck

Ah, you're a retard then. Also stats are not an argument

>it plays like Halo but it's faster

>Old halo didn't have sprint or boost or any shit like that
Halo 2 was going to have sprint, Halo Reach had sprint. Dont think Bungie was immune to wanting to speed up the game.

People got better and the game had to accommodate by raising the skill ceiling, sorry if you're too shit to keep up.

>then maybe butcher the art style
If you want to shit on 2/3rds of the Armor being shit go ahead, but that 1/3rds of quality old Bungie like armour we got was more than we got in any other game.
>and writing
Im not going to argue against the campaign being dogshit, it was, but we're talking about shitters crying "HURR ITS COD" when they havent got a clue what Halo actually is.
>Also stats are not an argument
Yeah, they are. If you werent good, you didnt have a clue what Halo was. You're just some shitter crying about change. Prove me wrong, show that you were actually good at the game and have any clue what you're talking about faggot.
>shiggy in 2018

Reach is not old Halo and bungie DIDN'T put sprint into halo 2 so it's not an excuse

>it plays like halo but it's faster

>It plays like Halo

>Someone dislikes a game
>LOL IT MUST BE BCUZ UR SHIT!!1!!

no faggot, it's because I don't like it when one of my favorite styles of gameplay im my favorite series gets changed to something else entirely. Halo 5 is basically Halo in name only.

>so it's not an excuse
Yeah, alot of shit got cut in Halo 2, but in the creation of the best game in the series they wanted to increase the speed of the game. Crying about sprint when it was one of the design points for the best old Bungie game is fucking retarded.
>LOL I POST IMAGE UR RONG
>no faggot, it's because I don't like it when one of my favorite styles of gameplay im my favorite series
It was your "favourite" for trivial reasons, if they listened to shitters like you the game would be stale and broken just to appease the mentally challenged such as yourself. Everybody who was actually an adult when these games came out and werent some 0.3KD shitter arent afraid of change that improves the flow of the game.

>y-you're just afraid of change
Every time. Also we're talking about halo 5, not my stats. You're argument is ad hominem. Either give us a good reason why your taste isn't shit besides "it just isn't" or leave

>They wanted to increase the speed of the game

Clearly not, because sprint was CUT. they decided AGAINST it.

>Halo 2 was going to have sprint
but it didn't, and neither did 3. i don't understand what kind of argument you're trying to go for
>Halo Reach had sprint
yeah and it was one of the many things that played a huge part into why the game was ass. why would you use ever to reach to support to claim?

Yeah well bungie wasn't fucking perfect you moron, there is a reason sprint was cut from Halo 2 and that is because it doesn't fucking work. Map design is made around the mechanics of the game and when the mechanics of the game give the player too much they are overwhelmed, both the player and the designer, reducing the creativity and ability of the designer and the skill of the player. More simple the gameplay, the more creative and more expressive the skill.

>Everybody who was actually an adult when these games came out and werent some 0.3KD shitter arent afraid of change that improves the flow of the game.

Mhmm. Where have I heard this before?

>they wanted to increase the speed of the game
then there's a reason why it got cut then for two games later you fucking idiot

does killzown have a face
OOX of flames

What if I told you
You could increase the speed of the game
By upping the base movement speed
Woah

>sperint is gud guys!!!
>Old halo is shit, cry mor nostalgifag!

no? he's a spider. or did you forget that?

please no

halo never needed a speed increase in any shape or form

>HURR AD HOMINEM
>HURR UR TASTE IS SHIT
Give us your stats to prove you know anything about Halo or leave, nobody gives a fuck about the opinion of the mentally challenged and for good reason.
>BAWW IT WAS CUT SO DAT MEAN DONT MATTER
God you people are fucking retarded, that doesnt dismiss it was part of the design of the game. Everything in the finished version is due to them having to remove sprint.
>mspaint comic response
Classic
Yeah, there is. Overhaul of Halo 2 during development and fan response to Halo 2's multiplayer influencing 3's multiplayer. Again, that isnt changing the fact that was in the original design for Halo 2.
You could, or you could make fast movement a skill rather than base.
>Old halo is shit, cry mor nostalgifag!
Point out anywhere i said you dumb cunt, Old Halo is tired not bad, thats what happens when you play the same game for 14 years. Same reason why people wanted something other than Quake 3 to play.

Essential watching:

Part 1:
youtu.be/u6YdPRyW0DA
Part 2:
youtu.be/qfilAcimqcY
(Yes, I know fayvn is a faggot. But his points in this video are good.)