/rsg/ Runescape general

previous thread Next Double XP weekend will be between the 23 and 26 February

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive since the First Age, what did I miss?
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,290,65986615
>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=news/return-of-the-mimic-boss
>February's Month Ahead
services.runescape.com/m=news/month-ahead-february-18
>2018's Year Ahead Video
youtube.com/watch?v=k-tYcYJEknQ
>2018's Year Ahead Dev Q&A
youtube.com/watch?v=olccC9ACA30

first for musician robe top when

nth for poor user

i want to die

Not until you suffer some more.

Someone mind telling my why Revolution isn't automatically using my special attack despite it being on the bar and threshold/ultimate is checked?

Finally got into Priffdinnas, what now?

it doesn't use special attacks
only abilities

go cheer on user so he dosnt hang himself

What the fuck? Who's bright idea was that?

why is my thread autoupdater not working? doesn't matter if I turn off Veeky Forums X or change browsers.

special attacks are either shit or extremely situational
you don't want to spam them

yeah mines been acting funny of late too

I'm low level

even worse
which special attacks are we talking about

nice

good goy

I'm in need of a hug, indeed

so whats with this monkey letter junk?

>tele to varrock
>talk to willough
>tele to draynor
>talk to wise old man
>done

poor user, are you using luck items as suggested?

y

tfw a kind soul lets you keep playing runescape for a little while longer

any y'all nibbas got some energy feet for trade?

just train div
you get them for free now

yeah i know, just like to finish off one set while i grind out the rest of the pieces

What's that supposed to mean, Carse?

hahaha at least I'm getting lots of the event currency right
haha

:(

Why the FUCK doesn't auto-retaliate keep going when the loot inventory is open? Is there a way to change it?

it was like this on release
then people cried and they changed
then people cried and they said fuck you not changing again
so there's that

SGS, my agility isn't high enough yet to switch to passive.

yeah, it's better to activate it manually
drains too much adrenaline, you don't want it spammed

>picking up drops
Just concentrate on dps and do some telos if you need money. The value of slayer drops is pretty much a rounding error endgame.

>Hit 99 in a skill
>Pet drops before the skill shard does
I don't know how I feel about this.

good

got another pants btw

i cant think up a clever way of saying it but pants go on the bees knees

I have no power to think through what that could mean

>I have no power
but you do have pants

LISTEN
I've been pickpocketing fucking elves for the past 7 hours, plus around 5 hours yesterday, and still didn't get the fucking roeb top
I have no power to read through your jokes now, ok

one day............

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I really, really like the idea of Nymora and Avaryss riding on the shoulders of K'ril Tsutsaroth like Amy and Cream are doing on Big in this image.

one day................

I did actually end up getting it a few minutes ago. But it's bizarre that it took me so long and I RNG'd into the pet before I got the thing I should've gotten.

Can you still get along with just vis wax and rune runs?
I much prefer just paying with real money, but just a few minutes of daillies should be sustainable for bond purposes.

Zanik is about the get insta-killed by the Kalphite King. What abilities do you use to save her?

anticipation

how much exp

None.

But then she would die again.

NAH
NO
no

Ranged? I have 2 of those and never plan to use them.

yes

nothing today
tomorrow saturday, so probably 10+ hours available to get it
as if

>tfw no icyene gf

whats your favorite pet user?

Gordie

really? the fact that its just sinkhole guy but scaled down seems kinda gross to me

Brains and Ghostly are tied with Gordie for me.

Lil' Tuzzy

Brains.
Tuzzy is the one I want the most though, since it's time gated painfully.

is tuzzfuzz timegated not that pet rolls are off-loot?

No-loot kills do not give a chance for lil tuzzy.
Someone had been saying that they do a while back in grindanfc, but that is certainly not the case.
It is 1/512 rolled ONLY after you DO NOT get any achto or codices that drop.

People go out of their way to avoid getting achto and codices just for the chance.

Can I do pvm with others at 60 magic

DKs

Is it worth doing DG during dxp? I'm only at 76 dg. I already have 99 herb/summ/pray/cbs.

I don't really know what else to do that would be really useful. I don't care about maxing or any of that garbage.

I just password reset an old account I forgot about and it seems like it got hacked

Get full lunar. Then you could do GWD or maybe GWD2 with a friend or two.
Mole, KBD, and KQ, maybe DKs should be doable even solo as long as you understand the combat system.
Fight caves too, MAYBE kiln. Though those are easier after you get obsidian armour, so waiting is fine for them.

Is this Bartin?

>1 off double dubs+trips

yes, i'm planning to get 112-120 dungeoneering or at least as high as i can during dxp

Vinny

and?

DG is probably one of the best skills to grind during DXP simply because so many people are actually doing it.

If you don't have any expensive skills to train, you might as well go for it.

Probably better off doing slayer because if you have 99 in at least all skills then you can just do the DG daily+sinkholes everyday to get to 120.

>if you have 99 in at least all skills
>I don't care about maxing

Come on, man.

>10

times a day I jerk off my co-workers

>starting to practice spooder
>nervous as fuck even though nothing can happen to me

we started great already

I'm trying to decide if I want to do Dungeoneering. I think I want to do divination, thieving or Agility, because all of those skills are awful. Thieving will get better eventually, but the others not so much. Maybe I'll do RC because that skills awful too. Any other suggestions? The only one I can think of is memevention since I haven't touched it yet.
What if I've already got like 103 slayer?

if you're not maxing, why are you training those skills?
honest question

>What if I've already got like 103 slayer?
Why would that matter? It's still below 120, so you definitely cannot block its dailies to force dg dailies.

I'm trying to max, but I'm going slowly since I don't have a ton of time to play. I've already maxed combat stats and herblore so it's mostly a matter of eliminating the skills that make me want to kill myself from the list of skills that need to be done. I've heard around here that thieving becomes less awful at 90+ because of elves.

I guess that leaves like construction, gathering skills and the buyables that I haven't maxed yet, with construction being noteworthy among buyable skills because that skill is autistic and boring too.
Yea that's true. I'm actually alright with Slayer dailies since I do a lot of it anyway. Feels like it's not doable to finish Slayer on DXP though.

Anything with potential competition is a pita on DXP. Unless you already have certain mobs in your slayer dungeon, the extra xp you would gain is barely made up by just finding a spot on any half-way decent tasks.

oh, so you're trying to max
your first post made it look like you didn't want it

so first of all, how is your money status? in-game money
if you're short, you should definitely do buyable skills on dxp, like construction or crafting
if you're good with money, then do some of the slower skills, like you said thieving and agility are good examples
don't do runecrafting, since the abyss xp is not boosted, and runespan is afk enough that you can do it any other time
don't train skills that require competition, like slayer or hunter, because everywhere will be packed of people (unless you can do hunter on the personal island on the arc)
dungeoneering is also nice on dxp
DON'T FORGET TO PLANT ALL THE TREES YOU CAN, the highest level ones you can, so that you check them when dxp starts, plant another, and you can check them again before it ends

not him, but you seem to be a dxp expert
does soul altar work on dxp? can I log in 15 minutes before dxp starts and charge the altar up to get a fat 200k+ xp drop as soon as it begins?

I would assume so, there's no reason not to
I personally never tried, but yeah, it should

Haven't played this game in... I want to say nearly 15 years. From what I remember I had several skills in the 80s/lower 90s range(almost positive mining was one of them.) I doubt I had anything of much value on the account other than some party hats. I tried several times to get my account password reset with no luck.

How long would it take to re-grind skills? How many things are still locked behind the paywall? I remember movement was pretty fucking slow due to stamina draining in a matter of seconds and taking forever to get back to 100%.

4m xp...

>How long would it take to re-grind skills?
way less than you remember
>How many things are still locked behind the paywall?
around 80% of the game
>I remember movement was pretty fucking slow due to stamina draining in a matter of seconds and taking forever to get back to 100%.
this isn't an issue anymore

I would still try to recover the account, though

Yea, doing Slayer seems like a bad idea and probably less than effective use of time, particularly when the grind is so long and all other combat stats are already maxed.
I'm like probably 100m if I sell everything I'm holding (that I won't personally use). I've got tier 75 armor and 85 weapons since I'm cheap as shit and don't really want to spend the money to upgrade since I'm not a huge fan of bosses (though I have the stats for it at this point)

I had already heard that the abyss and the skull didn't get boosted, so it might just be AFK Prif course for DXP, since Wildy with skull will either not be boosted and/or suicidal. I could probably grind out crafting, cooking, Firemaking Fletching and maybe construction, depending on how much I need to spend for construction.

How's invention? I've done literally nothing and I know nothing. I hate gathering skills since they're so monotonous so I'm loathe to do the ones that aren't super AFK. desu I was probably going to do my meme farming herb/mushroom run until 99 supplementing it with warbands.

>I sell everything I'm holding
don't
this is dumb and should be avoided
> since Wildy with skull will either not be boosted and/or suicidal
won't be boosted
>How's invention? I've done literally nothing and I know nothing.
not worth it on dxp

What happens when you try to recover?
If you get declined instantly it means you didn't give enough info.

I was planning on holding everything (everything being herbs, logs, monster drops etc) until DXP and then fleecing the people who didn't stock up, since I've already done herb, prayer and summoning. That was just a rough guess and I have 80m in cash right now. Might be more worthwhile to invest now instead of just jerking off to a pile of money.
>skull won't be boosted
I figured as much.
>Invention
Why, doesn't benefit from DXP or something?

I was thinking divination, but that skills awful if you're not in Wildy Volcano and even then it's still bad. Might just have to cache to 99.

>Why, doesn't benefit from DXP or something?
items get 1.5x item xp, but siphon/disassemble xp isn't boosted
>I was thinking divination
not worth it, base xp too low for dxp to be noticeable
>Might just have to cache to 99
yes

ok ok im up geez
post weekends