Why did the romans name this planet with something as easily joked about as "Uranus"? Were they retarded?

Why did the romans name this planet with something as easily joked about as "Uranus"? Were they retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kx_G2a2hL6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They had no telescopes, so they cannot see

Uranus is named after the ancient Greek deity of the sky Uranus (Ancient Greek: Οὐρανός), the father of Cronus (Saturn) and grandfather of Zeus (Jupiter), which in Latin became "Ūranus".

Where do you get Romans from?

Are you stupid?
What language do you think Greeks and Romans spoke?

Probably responding to b8, but
>Why did the romans name this planet with something that would end up having dirty connotations in a language that didn't even exist yet?

Planet wasn't named by Romans. Blame William Herschel who knew exactly how it sounds and what he was doing.

You guys are legit stupid or autistic I can't tell

This better be metaposting if you guys are remotely serious just end yourselves

senpai...

Because memes are their greatest legacy

Actually, Uranus is visible without telescope, but it moves so slowly that observers thought it was just another star.

And people honestly say that Veeky Forums isn't literally re.ddit: the board.

Christ almighty.

This should be a hilarious troll thread with good b8 by the OP.

But you just never know anymore.

People are so fucking stupid nowadays that it's entirely possible that OP is a huge fucking retard who has never Googled 'Uranus' before.

Veeky Forums is always so earnest and helpful that we're pathetically easy to troll.

It's not some massive achievement.

>LOL I TROLLED Veeky Forums AGAIN

Congratulations. You might also have the hand-eye coordination to kick a puppy.

However you'd probably end up kicking yourself in the nuts.

Afterwards Veeky Forums would ask you if you were OK.

That's quite a head-scratcher. . .

If the sun twinkles, why doesn't our planets twinkle in the sky too since they're just a reflection of our sun's light?
#wokt

>Uranus
>Ur anus you get it rite XDDDDD
it was barely funny even the first time i've heard it. Literally the worst joke on the internetet. Anyone that laughs on it is in the level of a 10 years old

It blows my mind that people were able to calculate the orbits, size, and distance of planets hundreds of years before they figured out that drinking water with human shit in it made you sick

>all these faggots falling for it

thread of the year.

How difficult is it to troll Veeky Forums?

Pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=kx_G2a2hL6U

What do you think the ancients would have thought of the true nature of the night sky and the solar system?