>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news

>Latest ESO Live
twitch
tv/bethesda

>Latest patch notes:
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
New Player Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit
Alcast/Deltia Guides: pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm

>The More You Know
- If you're looking for RP, the most famous place is Riften -- but player housing has diminished this.
- You move slightly faster with your weapons sheathed :^)

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/
en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor

>Making gold
youtube.com/watch?v=4i9gzyTCqIY

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Foskl for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[PS4 EU] message PSN: RumpRustler for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite
Alternatively, write your @username, platform and location in the thread

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is the game worth playing?
Yes. And please bump the thread if it needs it and you get the chance.

Other urls found in this thread:

dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online
g2a
kinguin
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=BVlsBH5Iy2Q
en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Overland_Sets
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Do I need to subscribe?
Subbing is totally optional, with its largest benefits being access to all DLC (but NOT "chapters," of which Morrowind is currently the only one), 1500 crowns (cash shop currency) upon sub start/renewal, and the Craft Bag, which is shared between all your characters on a megaserver and holds all crafting materials, potentially freeing up a lot of space.

>Which faction should I choose?
Daggerfall Covenant: Most generic-fantasy faction. Humans and Orcs. Forests, haunted crags, and desert. Literally everyone who plays loves the leader.
Aldmeri Dominion: Elves and cats. Forests, forests, grassland, and savannah. Leader just wants everyone to get along. Under her rule.
Ebonheart Pact: Variety. Drunken vikings, Dark Elves, and lizards. Snow, volcanoes, and swampland. Leader has fuck all to do with most of the story. Probably too busy drinking.

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.com/us/search?keywords=the elder scrolls online (official reseller)
>======
There's been talk of stolen credit cards being used to buy keys, but a lot of people still get it through one of the following and have no problems:
>======
g2a
com/?search=elder%20scrolls%20online
>======
kinguin
net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder+scrolls+online (consensus suggests this is the least trustworthy)
>======
Of course there's always the main site and Steam.

>What is animation canceling? Is it worth learning?
youtube.com/watch?v=BLZzGoPp9Ug

'no'

First for devs can't play for shit

Rate my lizard

His name is 'Hides-In-Tall-Grass', but I'm thinking of renaming him 'Follows-Many-Rivers' if it's available. 'Handles-His-Rod' also came to mind but I figured I'd get as tired of that joke as I'm getting of my Pokemon joke.

>CLANNFEAR on a TANK BAR
This doesn't seem so wrong. Sorc has passives that boost their max health and stam recovery when a pet is out. Clannfear is an alright choice because it is by itself tankier than the others, and has a health-percentage based heal as opposed to the matriarch who has a flat value heal that is less useful on a tank with more health. Scamp might be a little fragile, and its stun might fuck with other CC you might try to apply. At the moment, clannfear's only real value is for soloing or for a tank, nobody else benefits from it. Might be nice if its tail swipe could apply minor breach/fracture or if it could interrupt or even block.

You're otherwise correct in that all the builds are basically the same without utilizing any class-specific strengths, but this particular complaint isn't a very strong argument. There was another poster - some jackass who relentlessly links to their own trial-ready sorc healer - who sperged out about his sorc healer not being good enough. There's plenty of other people who know how to make better builds for specific classes than Alcast, but I'm glad that he at least put some bare-bones builds for each role out there so people can start making their own rather than saying that [class] can't be [role].

Decided to get Urza the Duchess personality.

How do I stop spending crowns now that I've started spending crowns? This shit is addictive.

Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

>stuck waiting for the 2 hour vvard motif drop timer to reset
>only have eight known vvard ones
>get redoran maces AGAIN
>keeps happening

flawlessly executed, OP

good lizard. very lizardly. honestly, i don't have much to say because he's got everything in really good balance. he just werks

run out :^)

do you look at all the datamining? that's been a good way of stopping me from spending and encouraging me to keep a stockpile in preparation for the cooler stuff.

of course, it also led to months of waiting for Coldharbour Surreal Estate, only to be pleasantly surprised by the PTS' inclusion of the house for gold, only to be let down hard by the item limit, only to make peace with that fact and start considering doable projects once it went live, only to be let down again on Live since the fucking thing isn't coming for ANOTHER two months. that goddamned "house." at least we can visit it whenever we want, now, from the Collections interface.
or did they remove it again?

Wait what, there's a timer on getting a motif drop from vvardenfell, even though they're pickpocketed and not like, daily quest drops?

>ra gada heavy legs clip with practically everything

Is the Ebony style worth it? I shopped around and bought one for 350K instead of fucking with low-voucher writs that I can't even do. The helmet looks nice but i'm on the fence about the rest.

I kinda like the look of the gauntlets and boots, personally.

The light chest is one of my favorites.

Don't forget that you can use the Clannfear as a taunt. If you only have mag dps and the healer is running elemental drain, you may as well use the Clannfear.

Tbh I think it's way too fucking expensive to buy the whole thing but it's worth getting some single pieces for outfits, light helmet looks fucking great especially.

Thanks, user!

Personally, I'm really lusting over Erstwhile Sanctuary, I think it was called... They really do need to raise the item limits on the much larger 'housing', though, and they need to start adding more architecture segments. I would die if they added daedric temple segments and more statues of the Princes.

I'm willing to throw down some money for more crowns if need be, when that one comes out. Though I can't even afford to decorate my tiny apartments yet.

I'm thinking maybe I'll try befriending someone with similar tastes as me and sharing it. Maybe I'll start stalking Venzzini in the game, he seems like a really cool guy who might enjoy that. Until then, holy shit, at what level does one start finding better motifs or getting better quest payouts? I'll never get rich just farming roe and herbs.

>What about Twilight Remedy/SPC/Jorvulds and running Altar/Atronach for a more support orientated tank?
desu I've considered running Jorvulds with Atronach in dungeons solely due to the for 11,2 sec 25% extra damage output. But I don't know if Atronach would be more efficient than Warhorn in 4 player dungeons since Warhorn suddenly becomes the more defensive option compared to Atronach, we're talking about 10% more resources for 42 sec, and you may end up with some fucknugget healer using the Atronach's synergy.

>Fungal Grotto II
>Crypt of Hearts II
>Cradle of Shadows
Wow it's like I'm really cucked to only 3 keys today

2 fungal, 1 crypt, 0 cradle?

What's the best crafted set and any set in general to combine with Mighty Chudan and Ebon Armory on a DK tank?

.Some fuckwit will enter the bubble.
Some fuckwit will kill all the ghosts.
And after 1 hour we'll "ESO Live" it (try hard more for 1 hour, give up and do normal vet instead)

>Mighty Chudan
Don't DK's already have easy access to these buffs? Also Hist Bark.

meant for

Only Ebony helm and chest. No point buying the full motif.

gonna have to watch that ESO live episode, sounds hilarious

So what's the best monster set for DK then?
Mighty Chudan just seemed good beacuse of all that resistance but I have no idea which sets are good.

Reposting in new thread.

I am new. My main character is a warden. I want to make a side character NB purely for stealing shit. What skills/gear/etc would make me the absolute best at this?

Night Terror jewelry from Stormhaven dolmens (3pc: Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 10-27%), Night's Silence 2-trait crafted set in full medium (5pc: Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak), Khajiit racial passives, the Improved Sneak in medium armor, Legerdemain and Thieves Guild passives. If you go vampire, you can ditch Night's Silence and go for the Deshaan overland set Night Mother's Embrace (5pc: Reduces the radius you can be detected while Sneaking by 2 meters. Reduces the cost of Sneak by 25%), but that means leveling vampirism to max and that will take a while if you're not level 50 already, as it takes a fixed amount of XP and you get less at low levels.

Lord warden and blood spawn are better. You don't get a flat amount of resistance from Chudan but a buff, and if you already use an ability giving you the buff the set does nothing.

You can even watch it with Alcast commenting on it
youtube.com/watch?v=BVlsBH5Iy2Q

i spent vouchers on it. i like a bunch of the pieces, but certainly not all. the heavy helm and shoulders, i believe, are especially offensive. anyway, i think it's worth the steep price, overall. not crazy about the Oblivion version of Ebony, and TESIII's is okay, but i absolutely adore Skyrim's version, and that's most of what ZOS took for inspiration -- though not quite enough for my full satisfaction.

sorry, user, it's been a hell of a night/morning.

i'm waiting on Princely Dawnlight Palace, myself. another one for which there was no indication it wouldn't simply be dropping with Dragon Bones. damn it all. hopefully that'll come at the start of next month. the Sanctuary will probably come at the end of May, sadly.

i really like the idea of different structure segments. they could even have "ruined" segments, which would fit perfectly not only with the idea of crafting daedric temples, but even making half-destroyed houses and such, like those we can find all over Coldharbour (thus also helping that home feel more "right," as it needs all the help it can get).

as far as money goes, i always recommend the daily Heists (Thieves Guild) and Sacraments (Dark Brotherhood). they're how i started making my way and they're still steady income (and the prices have recently increased by like 30-50%). you do need to get the top-level rewards from the dailies, for those to drop, though (i highly recommend using a Nightblade for Cloak), and motifs aren't a guaranteed drop from the reward boxes. still, with a little time, they're excellent money.

aside from those, i get most of my gold, nowadays, from selling good master writs (of which i haven't gotten any, lately) and gold tempers from refining and from top-level daily crafting writs.

>after 1 hour we'll "ESO Live" it
my fucking sides

this and i also enchanted my stamblade's sneaking suit pieces with magicka for the sake of Cloak spam. works great.

Gonna make a sorc tank, will probably switch it up as a DPS in the future, are there any particular races that stand out for Sorc or is it personal preference?

Depends on what kind of sorc tank and sorc dps you're aiming at. I'm running an Argonian because muh lore and these days they're very pug-friendly since they've high survivability no matter what role they're in.

I have no idea for tank but would be looking at ranged DPS, so maybe double staff? Fits more with the class I feel

I'd go with Altmer, Dunmer, Breton, Argonian or Dunmer.

Post TES memes pls. I have none.

>Sanctuary will probably come at the end of May, sadly.

Gives me time to build up some money and such.

>they could even have "ruined" segments, which would fit perfectly not only with the idea of crafting daedric temples, but even making half-destroyed houses and such

Agreed. Honestly I don't even want Surreal Estate unless they do this.

>as far as money goes...

Thanks for the advice, user... yeah, I need to put more time into night-blades, I guess. I started doing the beginner crafting writs on some characters, but they are low level and I just can't afford to put a lot of skill points into crafting yet.

I think I need to limit myself to a couple characters, invest in training trait material, and just use my low level crafters to make and improve sets of training gear, to speed up progress.

I have war machine now, is it better to have 1 axe 1 dagger or 2 daggers mechanical acuity?

lad. that is a tall order. i mean i guess it would keep the thread bumped.

>My shitpost art is the OP
Odd feeling

i was wondering whether or not you were the OP, yourself. anyway, i enjoyed your art and i'm glad the OP showed his fortitude in thread-attention by including it -- we don't get very much /tesog/-drawn OC. anyway, cheers!

Is there any point to even doing pvp until you have full impenetrable gear? I want claptrops but all these fucking nightblades are giving me cancer

if you want to be an effective pvper yes you'd need for impen. Unless you run in a zerg then i guess it doesn't matter as much

>claptrops
hehehehe so cute

>it's a vWGT episode

Just join a zerg.

Is there a mod that lets you fall down mountains if the slope is too steep?
I really hate having to keep myself from just running down mountain sides.

Whoops.

got 2 week ban for naming my redguard bbc overlord

whats confusing about this, you named it something stupid and broke the rules.

Should've been permabanned and reported to local police

i think you're right

at least you got a free name change out of it, right

yeah

serves you right for giving free advertising to that disgraceful propaganda tv channel

wew. finally something good in a crate. of course, it's on the server where I have a single 6 day old character, but I'm not complaining. not to mention it's appropriate to the character.

>2 mounts
2 MOUNTS

You can mix lord warden, chudan or pirate skelly together for more resistances, or one piece of the clannfear/chokethorn for some extra magicka recovery.
DK tanks don't really "require" a complete monster set when you're starting out, better off to learn game mechanics (like buff overlap between chudan and volatile armor) and dungeon/general tanking strategies before getting ahead of yourself

>offer 3 wraithguards
Everytime this gets me.

Bumping.

should have named it 8 inches unbuffed

I'm so fucking glad I don't have to visit belkarth anymore. every day, 8 times a day while handing in my fucking writs. it got so bad I turned off voices entirely for a few weeks. too bad the automute addon fucks with repeated quest-related monologue as well when people address you without it being a conversation. and molag bal stays silent at anchors.

Can someone tell me where does the extra tic comes from?

one is the damage from snipe?
the other is the poison tick?

It sometimes does just one tic so I wasn't sure. I thought dots weren't supposed to crit?

nope they can crit

Any idea why the initial hit sometimes just tics one time?

is there a page I can look at to find the loot from dolmens depending on the region?

en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Overland_Sets

we just don't know

Really so its a bug?

>he dyes heavy armor in juli white
>only to look like an actual toilet

holy shit never run two whole daggers especially with acuity on
you're not on mag ffs

Honestly, I'd say double swords for the extra damage

Alcast recommends 1 axe 1 dagger :thinking:

alcast is a hack

ty

I'm new to eso and just got to cp160 as a stam khajiit nightblade. Should I have two daggers since Khajiit's natural crit chance or no?

I'm using Hundings Rage, Night Mother's Gaze, and Agility jewelry until I can get better gear

Yeah that's fine.

If you're looking for build suggestions I think 2x Kragh 5x Spriggans 5x Hundings/Night Mother's Gaze is a good start.

double daggers

Yeah I need to get Kraghs still. Where can I get Spriggans?

bangkorai or guild traders
dolmens for jewelry
make sure you get purple jewels

Ok Spriggans is kinda expensive right now, so another alternative set could be 5x hundings body, 3x agi jewellery and 2x random set daggers.

rn I have 5x Hundings body, 2x Night Mother's Gaze head and shoulders, 2x Night Mother's Gaze Daggers, and 3x agility jewelry. I'll replace my head and shoulders with Kraghs at some point I think.

Sounds good

also hit up maelstrom arena as soon as you get to cp 3-400

Why do people prefer hunding over night mothers?

They're honestly about the same dmg, Hundings buffs your self heals but NMG buffs your group dps.

Exactly how bad is magden for dps?

>self heals
Staminga NB has those?

Everyone does

Vigor, every stamina class uses it.