/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

So in order to get more enjoyment out of this game I intend to make 1-2 of each weapon I'm interested in using, doesn't really matter to me how useful they are because I'm not going for speedkills. If some of you fine folk could suggest some specific weapons for each of these, also maybe a couple of decos that are worth keeping an eye out for:

>Gunlance
>Insect Glaive
currently have Pseudocath III for whatever reason
>Sword and Shield
>Switch Axe

Maybe the LS but I find it really boring. I already have a GS, CB, Bow, Lance and Hammer. Don't care much for the rest unfortunately.

do you think the handler ever masturbates at the thought of a giant diablos dick

Hm... I wonder what Capcom was thinking when making MHW

Reposting because i have never seen this background posted anywhere before. Might help some anons out to motivate them to do some arenas.

Oh well, i can change it for a more offensive eyepatch then. Just got the arena earring which gives bombardier 3 out the bat, it's cool if i can use it somehow

As people seemed to not understand last thread:

Bombardier does NOT affect either shelling or blast. IIRC it never affected shelling, but it not affecting blast in MHW is new.

>No mhwg

>GL
No Idea
>IG
I'd go Kirin and Maybe something explodey, like dodogoma. Yet to try it myself but it should be fun
>SnS
I don't know, but Legi SnS is really pretty.

>using weapons that can't transform.

I've only found one tempered track so far, and it was a single radobaan track in Vale. Shouldn't they normally be appearing in small groups like the elder dragon tracks?
I'm still in the middle of the 3 elder dragon quests

>2 weeks since MHW is out
>already out of things to do or interest in keeping on playing

Man, MHW died faster than any other MH in history.
>they'll release jho in April
Oh, great, get to hunt him 10 times and be able to craft all his gear and then what? Wait until June for the next monster?

Last game I played was 3U (on the wii u)

Has the series changed a ton since?

I wish you could meld Arena gems.

Is there a way to make a 'default' set of items you carry around that refreshes every time you come back from a quest?

That they no longer have 15 years of assets to port. Fucking 4th gen has so little new shit it's actually a surprise 5th gen even got content in the first place.

where did you get the endless cycle background?

it's been over three weeks

You tried that. Your thread was deleted.

Why did they even make scythe Longswords. They made no sense.

>MHW died faster than any other MH in history.
Tri. P3rd. Freedom

I mean let's not get crazy with our hyperboles, junior. Somebody might think you're serious.

They were thinking of how shit their weapon balance is, and how most of those designs end up wasted on weapons people don't use.

What are you more hyped for? Oroshi Kirin in May or Lunastra in July?

>that 2nd row 2nd from left GS
My dick

Something's amiss with your image

I want more Kirin salt

You not throwing out more bullshit in November.

nah, it's still pretty much exactly the same

This.

Paying 39.99 for the G rank expansion in December and Capcom doing nothing to fix the garbage anti-social online system of MHW

World has made a bunch of things less tedious, but it's still MH.

>gl
For long shelling: focus, arty
Otherwise weakness exploit, crit eye.
All must have attack, one or two guard, protective polish.

Swaxe: for Diablos: weakness exploit, crit eye.
Otherwise, attack, handicraft, precision polish, evade extender two. Maybe elemental boost. Handicraft is better for nonbone, crit for bone.

Is that why 90% of the hammers in World are all just steel skins? What is this faggotry?

Lunastra
aaaaa......

Did they announce something?

>anti-social online system
Maybe for you, since you don't so much as use a gesture when playing with random japs.

>los and daora in the game
>no gaelic flame

Nope. He just likes lying for some reason

Daily reminder that if you play online without Flinch Free, it's your own fault if you get tripped.

You can make an item loadout, but you'll have to manually refresh it. Go to manage items, the press start. Triangle saves your current loadout.

Crystalbeard Uragaan and whatever the fuck variant they're going to give bloodpupper because he's so popular.

Reach HR100

Oh boy I can use a sticker and gesture when playing with random jap shitters who cart nonstop.
Fucking HYPE!

Totally beats joining rooms and sticking together for hours hunting specific monsters or taking turns posting quests while seeing each other in the lobby, chatting, exchanging guild cards and bonding.

Addendum, non elemental boost for diablos weapons.

Things seem unusually easy since I started using lance. Hmmmmm

Yep. 14 years of bad stat distribution made weapon designers give up.
Doesn't explain how did Kirin weapons got in to begin with, considering their long history of being dogshit weapons.

oh ok thank you

The real reason Luna is going to be in World is because Teo's skeleton is working in World. Same reason Fatalis is guaranteed since Xeno is on his skeleton.

>Carbalite Blade
>Defender
>Judgement
>Dragonslayer
>fucking Deathprize
>Smolder
>Gaelic Flame
>Imperial Sword
>Poison Battleaxe
>Osteon Pick
>fucking Torment Purgatory
>Black Belt Hammer
>Onslaught
>Knight Lance
>Black Belt Lance
P2G was the fucking best

>bonding
Cringe

>bonding
Haha. We bonded because the community was smaller, turbo. Now people are as expendable as weapons because there's an endless pool to choose from via the S.O.S system.

I could join your room and take turns or, OR I could play with my friends OR, I could just use SOS and always have my turn. But your lack of interaction without anybody else is solely your own fault.

>Endless Cycle

is this some Dragon's Dogma shit

Please tell me this is some Dragon's Dogma shit

Well, it does have shit for content. But I can wait.

Gaelic Flame would be just an Iron Katana with Rathalos and Kush parts on it.

What's the hardest monster for you to fight personally? I can't seem to get any good hits in on Tobi.

SOS is garbage because it's an anonymous drop-in-drop-out Souls-like multiplayer.
Should have never existed.

what the fuck evade skills are ridiculously good even at +2
why didnt i use this earlier

Definitely Kirin. I have to go back to training before I can take on tempered Kirin. It's a nightmare.

I still don't understand the Thundersword. Why even make something that look interesting if your going to make it a fucking elemental GS. What the fuck.
It has NO right even looking good if your gimping yourself to such a ridiculous degree when you use it.

Fucking Kushala Daora.
It's simply too annoying.

>GL
Pinkian or Zorah for burst, Zorah for charged shelling memes. Nerg/Barroth for never shelling.
For burst and shelling you want artillery 3 and capacity up, focus if you want to use charged shots, and atk boost and we for your regular hits, protective polish or speed sharpening for sharpness maintenance.

Bazel.

>bombs land all around me

idk which way to block and I haven't figured out timing for their fuse yet, so I can't just powerguard without draining all of my stamina and getting carted

So what's the deal with the crystals in the recess? Don't look natural, more of them show up as you get closer to xenos egg. Is it some elder trying to keep him imprisoned? His influence making them? They're all pointed straight at him when you first fight him

It's addictive to use the charm

Kirin weapons are in because Kirin is a grandpa monster that the nips love no matter what. Same reason why Lunastra is going to be in the game, to cover Fire for Elders since Teo is blast. Same reason Amatsu is going to make it in since they need Water.
Plus they're just going to save unique models for whatever their endgame updates they've talked about. Let's them make "new" content without having to make actual new content.

I have these blue things called Wyvern Gems I haven't seen anything that needs them yet so I can just sell them right? They sell for a lot. I have like 5.

Treasure Dragon

>because it's an anonymous drop-in-drop-out Souls-like multiplayer.
Oh boy. Clean out your ears skipper as I've got news for you. Back in the olden days when 404 general used to regularly 404 when there were only 2 of us we used to just drop in and out of random rooms in jap adhoc party. It's the exact same experience, only without having to scroll through 50 wheels to find a lobby with slots open for 2/3 of us.

If you really had such a tight knit community before, you should still be in contact with these people to hunt now. I have all of my friends from p3rd to this day and hunt with them now. What happened to yours?

im using gems since i had some space for them

Anyone using the Rathalos GL?

Seems pretty good aside from Lv.3 shelling.

>Tobi-Kadachi GS is stronger than Kirin
And I still use the Kirin GS because it looks cool.

Maybe they thought Kirinsluts would be such Fashion Huntresses they'll even use a matching weapon
I don't fucking know, everything about Kirin doesn't make sense, even on a meta-level

Dogs in general are kinda popular so I fully expect we'll get Zinogre.

I think when people refer to bombardier when talking about GL they're refering to Felyne Bombardier, not regular Bombardier.

This, but unironically.

So you're saying it's garbage. And no one is talking about playing with a circle of friends, that is as fine as ever.
We are talking about normal online play with randoms.

That was great during the 3DS MHs and is shit now. Fact.

>I Should limit myself to 2 weapons
Why?

>zorah for charged while barroth for nevershell
I though Wide was supposed to be better at charged shelling?

Not pictured: a Iron Charge Blade with Ceadeus parts on it.

New handler outfits fucking when?

Monster Hunter newfag here. Should I anticipate a MHWU, or is there going to be DLC, or what?

Well they were talking about armor sets with level 3 bombardier.

nah m8 it's just standard shit. cool background tho

If you had to purge one (1) generation of players from this general, which generation would you pick?
I'm going to go with 4th gen because fuck 4u and xx babies. Most discord shitters and furries started with 4th gen

I think they changed that for World.

>my weapon has a build-up and payoff and yours doesn't

They will release like 1 new monster every 2 months for free until G rank drops which will be available as DLC for MHW, maybe 29.99 or 39.99

You boys are godsends, thanks.

There's free monster DLC but we're all of the thinking that G rank will be a DLC rather than a brand new game (though undoubtedly they will market a MHW:U or "definitive" version of the game which also includes the DLC)

>Fact.
Opinion.
The only fact is that it's a pain in the ass to get into the gathering hall and it's design and layout is shit.

>So you're saying it's garbage.
Don't know how you gleaned that. I'm stating that it's just as easy to socialize with randoms but you're not even putting forth the effort. You said S.O.S is a mistake. I'm saying it was no different than what we did before 3U/4U only without the added bullshit of dealing with adhoc party.

A community is the sum of the individual components. Nobody socializes because they don't want to. Because they're not forced to anymore. Nobody has voice chat on because they don't care about what you're saying. And even IF we were to ignore that, there's also the language barrier. Something that you're just now learning to deal with, having never had to suffer through it before.

Yes, probably yes.

Oh that's pretty dumb, then.

They might go the DLC route this time and release G-Rank version similer to a "game of the year" copy on top of that.

A bit of a stretch

And there's a thunderstorm during tempered Kirin

My predictions

Tigrex
Chameleos
Gore Magala
Lunastra
Gold Rathain and Silver Rathalos
Jade Barroth
Steel Uragaan/ Possibly Pumpkin Uragaan for Halloween
Thunder Emperor Kirin because Oroshi sounds too Japanese for the western-geared World
Savage Devil Jho

Nice implications there but no, the fact remains that MH's online system peaked during the 3DS time in games such as 4U or X.

Online play was never better than it was then and you cannot deny this.

BARIOTH IN WORLD WHEN?!

>fighting hazaak with only one miasma gem
thank xeno his arena is littered with nullberries

Defend this.

When's the next urgent after HR49?

Gonna keep dumping a few more grandpa hunter screenshots

>4U bab
Fuck off.