/wtg/ - War Thunder General

FV4030 Challenger 1 edition

Previously, on /wtg/ >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

enlisted.net/en/#!/
youtube.com/watch?v=LDiB5poMYGs
my.mixtape.moe/cxmitj.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When are ships going to be playable for bad goys?

You can apply to join the CBT without buying a pack

EC would be fun if people actually played it, instead of playing for 15 minutes and then leaving until there's only one player left in the match.

When?

What should I expect?

And people wonder why Gaijin only does rb ec so little

Not as much bias as before

Will we ever get playable infantry in WT?

not war thunder but gaijin
enlisted.net/en/#!/

war thunder has to be pegi 12 tovarish)))))

why they separate this?

I don't want playable infantry, but AI ones would be neat. More uses for .30cal machineguns and HE rounds.

Hi.

I'm a massive fucking cunt and I don't know where to shoot to kill or cripple T-34's and KV1'.s

For me, they are indestrucdible at a low tier and I can't fucking kill them unless I shoot them in the back of the turret, but then they snap around and sneeze in my general direction and blow up my ammo.

Why are tank rangefinders not made equal?

tanks are not equal

It seems like so few people play it that it wouldn't even impact other game modes if they permanently added it. The real reason is because it's a fun way to get RP and GL without the frustration of, climb, die, return to hangar, and if players could get RP without frustration nobody would ever buy premium.

Is the M10 the worst tank in the game?

No [ ]
Yes [X]

It's fucking shit.

with what gun?

That's not T-26-4 or I-Go-Ko.

I know the whole keeping rp and silver down just seems that not enough are bothered enough for long of games

these aren't the leopard 1

youtube.com/watch?v=LDiB5poMYGs
>funniest video
>nigger in kv-1
>bushes
>poverty russian graphics
oh very funny indeed

The gun is the only good thing about it.

BUT I CAN'T FUCKING USE IT BECAUSE OF 2.9 DEGREE TRAVERSE.

>uh um aczkthually its 3.6 per second if u upgrade it

It's still slower than a fucking snail I can't handle the cuntiness of this tank.

There's nothing that indicates the difference.

The Leopard 1 is OK since its at 7.7

to be completely honest a realistic shooter with the same kind of damage models as war thunder but on a human (in other words modeled organs and skeleton) would be neat.
I mean you'd still die very easily but it would give it a bit more depth and really encourage good aim.

I wouldn't trust Gaijin to make it however

I wish you could test drive any vehicle, rather than just the ones you're already close to unlocking

>since its at 7.7
and it always gets uptiered to 8. something which makes it useless

the M10 isn't a tank it's a tank destroyer

but user shooting the breech has a very slight chance of only yellowing it, it's way better to not try at all and just bitch about it

>and it always gets uptiered to 8. something which makes it useless
how come then everyone says it always get downtiered
grass is greener etc

It really doesn't. Current matchmaker has almost a hard split between 7.7 and 9.0 since almost no one is usong 8.0/8.3 line ups that geht constantly raped by 9.0s.

you've got 4.7 gun and decent speed. If you had good traverse on top of that, it wouldn't be 3.7

to be fair, krauts get an arguably better gun on an actual tank with an actually moving turret at 3.7

What do I have to do to get the 80 km/h topspeed stated in the statcard for the Walker Bulldog?
I just got it and was hoping for a new m18, but this thing only gets about 40-50 km/h at best.

There's nothing that indicates the difference in rangefinders.

Devent speed, you mean slow as fuck.

I can't get into position fast enough, I can't shoot enemies because my gun takes 80 billion light years to get on target, and when I do it usually dissapears. No "richochet" or anything.

Marder, and even better, Sd. Kfz. 234/4, get it at 3.0 (or was it 2.7?)

Depends on what tank and gun you are using.
T-34s, right side of the turret when facing head on, make sure the round has cap on it. With German long barrel 75mm basically anywhere other than drivers hatch because god knows why.
Side armor despite being angled can be easily penetrated with Britbong 6-pounders and 75mm, German long barrel 50mm guns (dont use APCR, might bounce otherwise) and Sherman 75mm guns, just make sure there is not too much angle.

KV series can be a bitch to deal with I'll give you that. Straight from the side aim at circled area or at the turret. First one is a tough shot since if it goes too low tracks will eat it because reasons but you have more chance to kill KV in one shot (assuming you have APHE, or it blows the ammo.) Shooting at just the turret may leave driver and radio operator alive.
More reliable way is to fire in between the track wheels where there is just the armor plate but this requires some careful shot placement.
From the frontside of the turret there are small, flat areas both side of the turret which are fairly easy to pen but require precision especially at range.
Other strategy is if you have bit of overkill gun at that tier, say Achilles with 17-pounder with 175mm pen ammo or Dicker Max with 200mm APHE round aim straight at the gun breech. At somewhat closer ranges even German long barrel 75mm can pen it and bust the breech.

t. T-34 and KV-1 shitter.
Sometimes best way to learn how to counter tank is to play it yourself and see for yourself what shots do you die to sooner or later.

marder is a tall piece of shit with no armor and no gun depression
pakwagen is better than any other kraut shit I've played with and I'm at 6.0 but BR has to justify it being only rank2)))))))))
it isn't even the same gun, pak40 is better than both the kwk40 and the m1

Nice, thanks for the advice.

I usually swap around a load of different nations, and I always have trouble with those two tanks.

I don't really want to play them because when I do, I don't know how and I die in one shot, and since my WT is having a autistic fit, it doesn't show the kill cam in any game mode so I can't even learn where the guy shot to kill.

wait... you want to tell me you have problem killing T-34s with fucking 76 mm M1A1? Aim in the middle, and let HE filler do its job.

Do you have the option for that set off? Iirc it can be set on /off.

>Other strategy is if you have bit of overkill gun at that tier [...] aim straight at the gun breech.
nibba that's the only reliable way I can kill them with burger and bong 75, should definitely be top priority for every gun that can pen at least 90mm of flat armor without using APCR

Yes, user, yes I do. Otherwise I wouldn't be stingy on the internet asking random strangers for help.

Both tanks eat my shells, bounce them or they outright just fucking dissapear. Anything I do bounces right off then, I can shoot them with ATGM's and the fuel tank will eat everything up.
I can shoot them in the engine but that just makes the crew inside more angry and snap-turn the turret around and kill me instantly.

T-34 will struggle to bounce 76mm, unless super angled.

if T-34 shows hull, and it's not very angled, put shell in glacis for instant kill. Any flat surface is where you should aim, because only bad thing that can happen is memebounce off rounded part. Also use APHE exclusively: filler allows to oneshot hulls and clear turrets, cap helps with angles, and extra pen provided by AP isn't really needed at this BR range.
Your only real worry can be KV-1S and ZiS-5 and French Jumbos. If KVs are angled, hit them right under gun. If you face unangled Jumbos, you're down to weakspots: cupola and MG port

>if T-34 shows hull, and it's not very angled, put shell in glacis for instant kill.
What glacis? upper or lower? They're both angled and will bounce anything in existance.

>152mm sabot dart to the side of a T-55 turret
>splinters and only damage turret ring

i love it how people expect it won't happen with chally 1
that fucking t55/54 is fucking magical tank, no other tank in game can take hits so much

vehicle isn't angled. Unless something changed recently Pak 40 or Burger 76 mm will blast right through glacis and nuke entire crew. Only way T-34 can take it, is by having enough compound angle to memebounce it

We're talking about vehicle being angled in relation to you, it won't bounce shit if you face it straight up.

You can always hit a turret ring, it's a good target as well.

>It's fucking shit
Not really. Definitely nowhere near my best vehicle, nor most played, but is still workable.

>arcade

What did he mean by this?

)))))))))))))))))))))))))

>jumbo frontal armor
my.mixtape.moe/cxmitj.webm

>realistic

>sim

kys

>no bong premium tanks
>no british light/reconnaissance tanks
>no FV101
1.77 A SHIT! REMOVE GAIJIN

>Sinai
>Pack of slavtards think they're being cheeky by spawning in BT-7s and racing up to the rock cliff
>beat them there with MBT-70 and spray all 4 down with 20mm for 4 quick and easy kills

maybe you'll still get one, not all vehicles are announced yet. Otherwise the russians wouldn't get a new top tier tank and the US would be stuck with the premium jew M60

people like you are retarded, we only have a bunch of vehicles announced currently, just sit down and wait

its clear the bong one wont be a bundle if it is coming out 1.77

We already know every vehicle that is coming out, it was all leaked.

Do you seriously think those were all the vehicles for the update..?

link to that leak please

No. There's M1 Abrams, T-64BV, F-4 Phantom, Mig-21 still to come.

a very big [citation needed]

Post >yfw Japan's new plane this update is the Baka.

If you could only play one nation for tanks what would it be and why?

reminder that animeposting does NOT belong on Veeky Forums

>F-4 Phantom
PROOF?

I WANT IT SO HARD

it belongs where ever reaction images exists as it is the highest form of argument refutation

>mig 21
>sky phantom
doubt
otherwise that means over mach one
which means missiles are going to need to be a thing

neither the bong premium P51 fake nor the La 200 were in that leak, and it only popped up after the 2K was already announced. They got the magach and challenger right, but its questionable at best if it is genuine. Also i don't think we'll get planes like that any time soon, maybe for aprils fools

germany, because they get the most versatile line up and it doesn't look like that's changing any time soon. Brits as the second choice, even though i don't have any vehicles for them yet.

Id imagine he is keeping the leaked vehicles relevant to what people really care about (new tier VI planes and tanks)

Possible, but wouldn't a leaker want to establish their credibility by showing they can correctly guess ALL the new vehicles?

Why does dying in my 109 k4 also trigger a cool down on my 190 d9 and vice versa in ec?

I think it is for vehicles that share the same BR. Both of those are 5.3 the last time I checked. Happens with my P-51D5 and P-47D-28 too

>mfw D E V I L I S H

>cucks don't know m1 has 105mm and subpar armor.

I hope they never add the mig21, I don’t want to grind three tiers of soviet crap to get my favorite plane.

This
>People think they'll be getting Rheinmetall 120mm and SEP kits

>Unsheathes M900 and M833 rounds
>Absorbs your ATGMs and APFSDS
Nothing personnel

>implying

it's wargame all over again

>muh undeadable Abrams!

Soviet planes are almost all insanely OP. You can grind to jets in a week.

M833 sure, but who cares.

>Absorbs your ATGMs and APFSDS
No and no. It will absorb HEAT-FS, which no one uses.

>mfw they add MiG-19 and MiG-19 with missiles as prerequisites, and their BR is fine tuned to be uptiered into MiG-21 fights every time

>mart sharts will screem muh freedumbzz when the abrams turns out to be a steaming pile of shit
I can't wait to see the shit flinging

>MiG 21
>F-4C
>ruskis get the upgraded MiG 21 Lance
>mutts get some shit tier F-4s
Prepare for bias like you've never seen before

AIM-4 Falcon.

Ahem.

>hunting milktrucks with 4x3000 RPM 12.7
yes please