Eve Online general /eog/

Permalink: orph.link/eog

Organic controls edition

Reminder to never trust, listen to advice or take fits from anyone in this general.

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Actually, training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is F2P now, as is playing with the skills listed here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
>forums.eveonline.com/t/februrary-balance-update-assault-frigates-and-assault-damage-controls/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread

>Future
>a thing that happened last week

trash video juego remember to sage

Fourth for gallente

Posting best alliance in game.

Stable implementation

thanks for the thread calvin

Posting REAL best alliance in the game

How is everyones Veldspar mining going today?

Hide reddit posts, ignore reddit propaganda, kill reddit posters ingame.

>kill reddit posters ingame.

All I've seen is people complaining about reddit alliances and not even coming to kill them.

Too scared?

You're just mad Reddit called All-Out what it is

When is the universe going to kick Goons out of Delve like they kicked them out of Deklein?

When CCP understands having to grind over 15 keepstars and 200 extra citadels isn't even remotely going to happen.

t. reddit

Ownership of Citadels flips when the system they're in changes ownership. There, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Citadels would have to be sov structures first, you know.

>dealing with entosis

into the garbage it goes

>pls ccp make it so I don't have to put any effort in conquering, pls do it becuz my leadership forces me into strategic upvoting of entosis threads

There's effort in conquering and then there's dying of AIDS in a new york dumpster

Entosis is the latter.

>not bringing an sub-2s align pseudo-combat ceptor to toaster ops so you can just fuck off home when you feel like it

>spending more than tackle slasher on stratops

Yeah EVE is so much better when nobody bothers to fight because it's too much effort to get anything out of it you brainless fucking retard

goon is a reddit alliance

entosis would be fine if it had a few of its restrictions removed and if ecm was fixed

maybe don't go to a blobfight you illiterate faggot

ECM is the worst ewar by far. It needs massive buffs.

>sub-2s align pseudo-combat ceptor

>mfw winning 3v1 in a t1 frigate against these useless trash fits

>goon is a reddit alliance

you aren't informed enough to post on r/eog, please go

SA is just as cancerous as reddit if not more so, so that guy is right

Test is the reddit alliance.
Goons were originally from SA. Now they use reddit same as every other large alliance, but aren't a dedicated reddit alliance.
Naturally, they are all gay.

>Put one (1) sensor booster on your ship and immediately become immune to all ECM
>"ECM is good guys! totally!"

>the absolute minority uses SA
>screee, gon is SA!!!

get off this sub immediately ecmfag

Karmafleet is bigger than GoonWaffe now so you can say that Goonswarm is a reddit alliance and be on the mark. It's over 50% reddit by volume.

I want the Blackbird to not be utter shit for once, is that so much to ask?

>Put one (1) sensor booster on your ship and immediately become immune to all ECM

>sensor strength and jam strength totally matter guise, it's totally not a dice roll haha
>t. ccp

please don't ever bet any money on anything if you're this low iq

There's a difference between people who use reddit occasionally to read notifications and whatever and dedicated WE DID IT REDDIT faggots like those 2 faggots up there

It's true. ECM is binary, and has plenty of modules you can use to make the user have to spam all their jams on you to get one to work. It sucks because it's all or nothing. The best forms of ewar in the game are target painters and tracking disruptors.

you mean scrams and webs

These posts make it painfully obvious as to who the small gang pvpers are and who the nullbear blob babies are.
ECM isn't super great in big groups because spreading it out properly is a pain.
In small groups, one falcon shuts down 2 important ships for 10 seconds and the fight starts snowballing in your favor irrevocably.

>plate falcon chased off by light drones

Host, I'll take things that only happen to retards for 500.

>falcon
>not a retard

lach>falcon

This isn't even comparing apples and oranges, more like comparing apples and grain

not an argument

Punisher is the best frigate

Warm memos:

The previously colorful Neocom was superior.

Getting advanced manual piloting controls is super helpful, from increasing immersiveness by reallocating commands to memory and from increasing senses of directly controlling ships (an example being setting max speed towards the camera direction, etc., as an alternative to double-, and for other stuff, q- clicking; though a more "fixing stuff" implementation is of consistently-responsive hotkeys to selected targets — orbiting, keeping at range — only requiring the inputs, e.g., via toggling states of overviews, or within options).

"CCs" (e.g., scrams and webs) are some of the most intense problems with the gameplay, this also being true for other MMOs — innovation..

This is an SP issue, as the depth of the sandbox is defined by (for example) its characters' options; and the law of large numbers suggests that increased ships / sizes / averaged prices are correlative with increased content amounts (from incentive, population density, etc.). This is accurate for other subtopics: increasing ratting amounts by accessibility of class sizes, multiplying hubs via industrialization and competition, and increasing demands (as production goods are correlative with sizes and prices; and trends here are helpful for closing the leads that mined goods are having on the ISK values of KMs).. Thereof, content density is associated with an increased PCU (through advertisement and — spoiler — excitatory plausibility).

Fixing ECM is as simple as editing the effectiveness between sizes of ships. Drawbacks are shown through ships becoming less effective, but then it's quite feasible making them solo viable.

This plausibly benefits capitals, but buffing solo Dreads is helpful for them undocking (promoting countering compositions, esp. beyond the obvious multiple of Griffins, potentially with fun and expensive alternatives).

>ECM benefits mostly small gangs anyway

>space between slashes
>unironically using doubledash

rape

10mn frigs

T3 destroyers

oversized prop is the best meme

..Are worth nerfing (range). 200+ DPS at 80k is really limiting for standard frigs, especially with getting that distance being as simple as warping to tackling ships.

basically.. 5kms DPS > -- extra OP --

Its not like Destroyers are supposed to be a strong frigate counter or anything, right

don't talk with dror, just dogpost

Should I join Anime Masters?

literally who

>Not knowing anime masters

yeah, literally who

railgun hecate

>counters to frigates
>damps, TDs, ECM, the abundance of drones from cruisers+

Dessies being a strong class against frigates is already based in the plethora of options between 0km and, e.g., 50km.

Range+tracking compromises the relevance of multiple roles (interceptors and other frigates are examples, for both friendly and opponent tackles). Furthermore, anti-tackling is still relevant at cruisers (with ranges to some 50km-65km, even with empire factions' variants; incentivizing those larger, expensive ships is helpful for balancing their prices, and with correlative obtainment activities).

i have a man crush on stunt
no homo

>Fixing ECM is as simple as editing the effectiveness between sizes of ships

I think what you meant to say was "here's my retarded ecm idea"

The argument being..

>Dror'd

>skill urself

Horde is the best alliance
>join Horde
>VNI rat with impunity bc so many fucking idiots around you to provide a meat shield made of afk morons
>plenty of comfy space for PI
>good jump freighter and buyback services
>you can literally buy modules and ships off market, fit them and contract them at 100% mark up and people will buy them
>I have been in Horde for 1.5 years and gone one exactly 0 stratops
>I am literally a parasite that leeches off the hard work of others
>have heard Gobbins himself come on comms and say “it’s not cool to threaten people who don’t join stratops”

Mfw I’m a parasite who enjoys all the hard work other turbo nerds put into the game and contribute literally nothing

>have no market
>have no standing fleet to speak of

>I have been in Horde for 1.5 years
>VNI rat

>vni rat for 1,5y
I hope you have at least 5 of them

Drake

scourge javelin rocket

You dont have enough ECM skills then mate.

What's is better for a PvP a ship with 3k HP but 90% across all resists or a ship with 20k hp but 50% resists?

Raven

The latter.

Not him, but why? If both ships happen to have the same EHP, what difference is there?

the higher resist one can active tank better and receive RR better

but will get blapped if alpha is high enough

Is this because a shield booster or armor repairer will repair the same amount of HP but it will translate to more EHP because of resists?

But if both ships hypothetically have the same EHP, wouldn't it take the same amount of DPS to kill either one?

yes, because they made hitpoints just like buffer tanking does, resists multiply it up

>EHP
They're different though, which is specifically the reasoning for how it was answered.

>100 DPS (effectively 10 vs. 50)
>300s vs. 400s survivability

The later has 40k EHP, the former has 30k
The former could still be better if you expect to receive a lot of healing before you go down.

If the EHP is equal then the ship with better resists wins thanks to healing potential.

I see, that makes sense

Sorry, I don't understand
Here's a toy example I was thinking of:
>Ship 1:
1000 HP shield with 75% omni shield resists
>Ship 2:
2000 HP shield with 50% omni shield resists

Now, let's say the common enemy fires a single shot to both ships that causes 2000 damage.
In Ship 1: 2000*0.25 = 500 damage after resists -> 50% shield damage on Ship 1
In Ship 2: 2000*0.5 = 1000 damage after resists -> 50% shield damage on Ship 2

In either case, the enemy used the same shot to remove half the shield on both ships

that is if it makes use of the healing potential

I see, scratch this: