/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳They found your Slashberry stash: capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/02/15/
↳Kiranico has been updated to include World.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/Is7pT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for there's nothing wrong with placing your signature on your own content

What's the difference between LR and HR monsters?
I fought an HR rathian and it was as easy as a LR rathian

m.imgur.com/a/Is7pT

Oh shit, was there a signed one and I posted the one someone cropped it out in?

World is an easy game for pussies anyway.

Post your screenshots friends!

I'm the best.

>Butchers your favorite past theme
Psshh... nothing personal, ningen

Prease rook forward to my World version of Ibirujo's theme

Kinda surprised anja is only threat level 1.
He’s certainly more dangerous than some threat level 2s, even if you encounter him earlier.

If MHW is such an amazing game and the best MH ever how come so many people are dropping it after ~150-200 hours whereas they played previous ones for 500+ if not 1000+ hours?

>needs 4 fucking ian spikes for her final GL
>do 2 pinkian investigations
>get double ian rubies
i mean im happy but REEEEEEEEEEEE

your sub 9 howling zinogre (slay)?

I like this one.

Dumb shit stirring animeposter.

Would it be worth it to upgrade to a ps4 pro for this game if I could get it for around $170?

And the accompanying webm.

I want one as a pet.

An extra 170 is too much for one game

I dunno what sort of trash you play with but I see myself putting more hours into World than any other HR game.

Haven't gotten to that point yet as I just finished the main story but I'd assume cause it's a High Rank game and High Rank games run out of content real fast.
It'll pick back up and be 1000+ hours worthy once G Rank and G Rank endgame is added.

Desire sensor at its finest.

decoration grinding isnt as interesting as relic grinding or charm grinding
with decorations you see no progression at all and then you get a decoration you need and suddenly you're BiS

with relic weapons you can make the BiS non relic and progress normally before getting your relic

with charms you can use athene ass to make clownsuits until you get the one you want
having decos like capacity up and mighty bow charged locked by rng means you can't play those two weapons as well as you'd like and you lose interest overtime when theres no sense of progression, especially in a high rank game

What are some essential skills for charge blade?
I'm thinking of picking it up.
Also, is Odium any good? It looks awesome and it's the only CB with natural white sharpness but it has some pretty lousy attack and no slots.

Fuck this thing.
Using a hammer with it was impossible.

Because people fucking die, imagine all the anons already dead after first MH release.

I mostly just have kill screens and faces.

Actual retard

I felt that way until I gave up trying to smack its face. Just go for the tail like everyone else.

is the arena gs really better than nerg gs?

I envy them, they didn't have to see what Capcom would do to their favorite franchise in the future

what's the fastest way to get sinister cloth?

Are the monsters in the arena scaled for multiplayer or do they have the same HP as a solo monster?

only if you're interested in other games that benefit from it
I think it's fine on vanilla ps4

>1 cart temp vaal investigation
>got zombie aids but it's not like vaal is gonna hit me so who cares
>suddenly drop dead
>mfw that fucker was sucking my soul out through my asshole and I didn't even realize it

25 hunts and I never know he could do that.

This is probably the best huntress I have ever seen.

STOP TRIPPING ME I JUST WANT TO HIT THE HEAD FOR FUCK SAKE
MY JOB IS TO KO YOUR JOB IS TO CUT TAILS
PLEASE LET ME DO MY JOB GOD DAMN IT

I DONT HAVE A LV3 SLOT TO GEM IN FLINCH FREEEE AAAHHH

>Are the monsters in the arena scaled for multiplayer or do they have the same HP as a solo monster?
I think it's scaled to multiplayer, although multiplayer scales from 2-4 as well IIRC, just not as much.

The attack is deceptive because with Odium you can easily get to 100% affinity, effectively boosting it's attack by 25%.

Besides, looks trump damage in this game. Everything, even tempered elders, die so fast that you don't have to min/max your stuff. A competent build with an average weapon can still get you sub 5 time

>Farming weapon augments
Do you just keep grinding until one drops for a weapon you use even when other ones drop? So far gotten GS and IG but haven't used either before

New to game and I started with bow, wanna try something new. How is SnS? THANKS Y'ALL

Phials can't crit so who cares about affinity on CB.

I don't understand how his SUCC works, does it only work if you have effluvium debuff, or is it if you're anywhere nearby during that shit?

Remember to not bother with WE. With SnS it can be more efficient to hit whatever part of the monster is in front of you rather than going for weak spots.

artillery, WE, max might, attack ups.
You can't crit on phial explosions though right?

anyone playing the weapon as god intended.

Here we go

no, please
stop
not this again

Only happens if you have debuff.
Hope you like backhops and shield slams.

>he still SAED spams

Bruh that's not the optimal way to play anymore.

How do you unlock augments? Both for armor and weapons.

>He's still on this bullshit

GS should go back to how it played before, I don't like this tackle triple charge meme

What would a Bazel build look like?

Get your first armor streamstone from a tier 2 or better tempered.

I fucking Love this game's effects in the endscreens

Probably a lot like Bazel's armor and his weapons.

Nobody has been playing it long enough to have 1k hours yet retard

Fun and versatile. Super good mobility and a block that can relied on for almost any attack in the game. Be aggressive, attack relentlessly, roll or block when the monster attacks you. Second only to Insect Glaive for mounting monsters and absolute king of utility items and environmental traps because it can use the Slinger without sheathing. Always feels great to set off a flashpod in Rathalos' face the instant he takes flight.

You're still letting me dominate your mental space eh? Fuck, you realize every time you post about this, I just win even harder right?

Let it go user. Don't let me sit inside your head and fuck with you, the energy you spend on this shit is probably taking up too much of your already limited mental capacity.

NO STOP
DO NOT CONTINUE

What's a really fun melee?

That's not the point. The point is that tons of people are quitting before even hitting 200h, which is less playtime than any other MH in history.

Lance is the best mounting weapon in the game though.

Can you see on the quest description the threat level?

Let me tell you, if you use guard skills on lance you are a shameful nigga. The only real dangerous move to counter is Nerg's flying combo (not the divebomb).

The way your character falls back is ridiculous.

>playing the game at a leisurely pace
>first limited bounty week - do 5 high rank quests
>”aw fuck better finish up low rank so I can do that”
>second limited bounty week - slay 5 elder dragons
>”god damn it not again, better hurry up to nerg so I can kill him a few times”
>this week - hunt 5 tempered monsters

FUCKING STOP JESUS I JUST WANNA CHILL AND EXPLORE FOR AWHILE

I'm pretty sure that sending tailriders on expeditions with paw symbols on the list is the only way to get sinister cloth, fastest would be just picking whatever has the most symbols.

Lance is third place after IG and SnS.

You don't understand how SnS's ledge attacks work if you disagree. It gets two mounting hits when lunging across ledges doing downwards OR upwards. Lance can do that hope after charging, but SnS matches/exceeds that with the Backhop leap stuff.

looks like a pixar creation

>People still stacking Weakness Exploit.
At this point I just kick them from the quest. Get a fucking clue.

>denying yourself powerguard which is one of the greatest positioning tools Lance has
Lance's aerial charge poke can be done instantly and has a huge arc where you can direct it meaning it's probably the safest mounting attack and most precise one.

No, but in terms of what you fight in the story, Radobaan and earlier are threat 1, Legiana and later are threat 2, and Elders are threat 3.

IG gets the fastest knockdown when mounted by far

You can't use playtime as a benchmark when the game hasn't been out long enough for a fair comparison. New content is still being discovered and generated.

It's not like there's an unusually large number of people leaving the game.

>he wasn't doing tempered hunts week one
LMAO at ur life

I'm not denying myself anything you stupid fuck. I powerguard as needed. Enjoy your reddit armor skill.

Once mounted IG is the best but IG's actual mount attacks are terrible.

What is it then?

What's a good gunlance set for high rank? I just fought nergigante

What's the problem here?

You can fight tempered monsters before Nerg. Just do a couple of tempered Barroths.

What the fuck is this abomination.
Use spoiler tags next time.

Next week will be tempered Elders

How can I prepare to fight Nergigante. Everyone says it's pretty tough and I want to be ready.

But it deals less hits, which makes it inferior for triggering mounts. SnS does two hits on pretty much all it's different mounting motions AND it's mushroom wall attack has INSANE multi-hit properties on it that make it possibly the best mounting attack in the game full stop. SnS is only topped by Glaive. Lance is next though. 3rd place out 14 isn't bad at all user. Chill out.

SnS's mount attack deals upwards of 200 damage and deals heavy KO when applied to the face.

All veteran hunters are burning out around the 200 hour mark, shill. Go back to Destiny or wherever you came from. I'm sure this is your first Monster Hunter.

Wow the bandit mantel sounds pretty fuckin rad

CUUUUTTEEE NIP

How does one go about finding tempered tracks? Just go on an expedition and pray they show up?

thats only because there's no G rank.

Thunder weapon like against everything in these games.